Dr L C Foong from Gleneagles

Happy
Serious can but not 2 us meh.hahahhaha.....
But 1 thing vy strange,Wan & me can talk everything under t sky but I hardly tell my sis which is t same yr as u maybe I feel tat my real sis is those only care abt herslf,so I hardly will tell her anything at all.
U imagine if I dont have Wan tis friend,sure will collape,luckily u also dont mind I vy nagging & willing 2 listen.
happy.gif

jac,

haa..

yah. this is called yuan fen i suppose. oh. yr sister also a moo moo. not all siblings will be closed to each other. thankfully, my sisters are all ok but each have their own set of worries/problems so i sometimes don't share too much abt my 'pain' in this ttc journey.

this place is a good place for us to pour out and share our journey in ttc. all have been thru the same journey more or less so can give the encouragement and support needed.

u know since yesterday, it striked my mind a few times that u r so fortunate...to be able to nap so much in the weekend...haahaahaa

Happy
U mention I so fortunate can nap so much,make me cannot stop laughing.I where got so fortunate,maybe sat after finish all my housework + accup,I dont have anything 2 do,so do mask & sleep until dinner time lah.heeheehee.......U dont 4gotten during wkday I hardly sleep cos my house got 1 louder than thunder person who can awake me anytime of t nite.Wahahahaha.....So wkend caught bk my sleep.
happy.gif

Happy, I don't really agree with what you say leh.. Sometimes, nv meet up before then not so much stress.. Now we complain complain then talk abt our hubby+in-law and since we nv meet before, we are sure our hubby will nv know. If meet already, what if one day accidentially say out then siao liao. hee hee. Just my imagination.
Even though we nv met before but we can say whatever is in our heart. Some friends who we often meet, also don't know so much things abt us. Right, Jac?
Me fully breastfeed lor. Now wanna stop also hard. So painful!!!

Jac, Feb so less days. Closing will be more stress right. anyway better to finish everything off asap. Then can have a happy year to come.
Yesterday got no dream leh..

Wan
U right!heeheehee..... So r we consider underground lover?Wahahahaha........
I know Feb so less day but wat 2 do.If my menses fall on middle of t mth I dont mind start next mth but my menses come beginning of t menses scared will clash w my closing.Shall c how next mth but Koala advise is KK will shut dwn t threate 2 clean during CNY & chances higher.hahahahaha......

Wan
Since u like tat said so I mean I got no chance 2 meet yr little darling lor.so sad......
sad.gif

I feel tat when t baby is out since like they growing is vy fast unlike carrying tat time like so slooowwww.......

Jac, wahahaha.. di xia qing?
Can induce menses one mah. Then don't have to worry abt the timing. I always do that. Must make the situation accommodate to us mah. hee hee..

wan & jac,

all the while, i never thot of involving the hubbies in the gathering...haaa... so, no risk of saying the wrong thing and being made to sleep on the sofa..haa..

wan, yah. it's going to be very painful for you since your are on full bf. how long will the suffering be?

jac,

yah..suppose can forget abt meeting little kate. anyway, i've accepted that and no longer have any hope for it
sad.gif

now, waiting to meet up with my friend to see her 3mths old baby. can't wait to carry her!!! oh. i missed carrying babies!!!

Jac, pregnant then good. Come out really scary liao. now know how to scream and shout.. Headache. I wish to be pregnant all the way. No need to feed, change diaper, play and look after the baby. Sianz...
Can meet lah. when we both finish our treatment then we come out celebrate.

happy, i keep leaking now lor.. So painful all the way. Even if I pump, I don't pump everyting so can stop slowly. But still leaking leh.. I also dun know when will stop leh. See dr and ask him. hopefully can have a short cut.

jac,

yah..suppose can forget abt meeting little kate. anyway, i've accepted that and no longer have any hope for it
sad.gif

now, waiting to meet up with my friend to see her 3mths old baby. can't wait to carry her!!! oh. i missed carrying babies!!!

Wan
Hurray!hurray!hurray!
U mad 1 got tis thinking let t baby inside 4ever.Dont 4get if t bb will be inside yr stomach 4ever,tat mean u can 4get abt slimming dwn,wear nice nice clothg.Wahahahahaha & t most importantly can 4get abt BD,u dont scared yr hubby will tend look 4 another women 2 have fun meh.Wahahahahaha........

wan,

last time my sister was told to put a big piece of cold cabbage (put in the freezer first) on the engorch breast to sooth it. did you try that? i don't know how much it can help though.

i think there's medication to help end the milk flow but i dun know if there's any side effects especially when u r going to proceed with ivf soon.

Happy
Remember t book we bought fm NTUC,if Wan really wan can just scan 2 her,is all fruits wat,I remember got papaya.
Oh did u try tat ru rong w chicken soup after finish t menses.I ever try lah just like normal chicken soup tat it.
happy.gif

Jac, pregnant also can BD one mah. I think I continue until abt 8 month plus. My hubby find it too weird to BD. I even have to request for it near my EDD cos I heard it's easier to give birth. hee hee.. But my hubby scared. I think he's worried that the water bag will break. wahahaa..
Pregnant very shiok one.. can be like a queen at home. but now no more. Need to do everything myself and have to serve my girl and hubby also.. haiz..

happy, I have no time for the cabbage. Need to carry baby then how to apply the big leave then cannot walk ard. I think before I put on the cabbage, my milk already leak like hell.
I also heard of the medication but i heard from my aunty that it's not good for us. End naturally will be better.

Wan
U vy dare ring.Wahahahaha......... If I manage 2 get preggie I think my hubby n me will not have any BD scare will harm t bb.Me is t kia See type.hahahaha.......
Fm yr personally experience,how u feel having a big tummy n having BD.

Wan
Every1 also knows during preggie is t best cos every1 will treat u like a queen,once give birth no more benefit at all.
I also hope I faster get preggie & enjoy such benefit.

Jac, don't BD then scared hubby will go out fool ard. Actually not that bad to BD lah.. During later stage is even better. Can help bring the baby mah..
When tummy is too big then very weird lah.. Will block.. hee hee.. So dirty lor. (RA)

hi jac,

so must you go back to office tomorrow?

wan,

amazing! u bd when u were so heavily pregnant!! i stopped completely right after tested positive. dare not play play.

if i'm fortunate enough to conceive again, the more i'll stop bd. can't take any risk
happy.gif

Hi WanBB

I also have a lot of milk after I deliver my baby last year. So bad that I have v bad engorgement and its so so so painful, like stone breast. The Palodel medication was a charm. After taking 2-3 dose, it stop completely and breast become soft again. Some of the side effects they say is that next pg, may have less milk. But I really dun care, I just wanna stop milk production instantly lor. Plus if you doing IVF and you dun take medication to stop, maybe your body hormones may not accept another pg cos your prolactin level will be very high. And high prolactin is a form of 'contraceptive' itself. You may want to talk to doctor and ask him for opinion.

Cant help but to agree with Happy. You can still BD? I cant leh... just v scared lor, but maybe becos I have the cervix problem so dun want anything to be put in down there. I think since July till now no BD for us already and many mths to go before we can even think of BD. I know a it hard on the man, but bo pian la. They learn to 'control' their desire lor. Or use Happy suggested 'hand mtd'
kao_blush.gif
kao_blush.gif
kao_blush.gif
kao_blush.gif
kao_blush.gif
kao_blush.gif
kao_blush.gif
kao_blush.gif

Jac

Cant think so much and plan so much. If you feel like doing IVF, then do, sometimes v hard to pin point exact dates. When it happens, say they go on leave, then you work around it, say take suprefact a little longer to suppress & etc. I realised quite hard to be exact when it comes to fertility treatment.

Wondering what is happening to Jadefeet & Koala, hope they can post their bb pictures soon!

curl,

haa....yah. u still remember the hand mtd..haa...

yah. waiting for jadefeet and koala to update us. they must be trying to cope with the little one. wonder how is theresa too. u saw my earlier posting? she is expecting long feng tai
happy.gif
hope she'll drop by to chat with us soon.

hi hi gals,
i am so so tired and in so muc pain..miss u all and need to come in and pour my sorrows abit..
my poor nipples are totally ruined, in blisters and raw red skins, even dr F also give me 3 days MC to take break fr BF.. cannot pump too much as well.. no more latch on until full recovery.
I think i am going to stop BF liao since my supply also nothing fantastic.50ml from 2 sides in 6 hrs.. no point..
so so depressed fr the pain, lack of sleep and guilt of not being able to give bb the best breast milk.. crying everyday whenever i see DH.. 1st time i became an emotional wreck...

trying now to stop naturally the flow and also to convince myself its ok to give 100% formula... since we all grew up with it..just wonder how come i am such a failure when it comes to this... so much pain before and durin preggy, even when the bb is here also so difficult.. psychologically i am drained.. as my DH says my highly strung mental state is in overrun state.. if i dun control and gain back my composure.. i will be looney very very soon..

Other than that.. baby is doing very very well..putting on weight.. look totally like his dad, but tall tall like me..
cant post photos here cos no permission fr dad... sorry

Jac/curl, I decided to breastfeed until next year since the milk flow cannot stop. I'm against medication. Hubby say let nature take its course. So no baby until I stop breastfeeding lor. I already cancel my appointment for monday. Abit disappointed but No choice lah.. Must be fair to my girl also. Haiz..
Wait until we have a house then easier for us. So next year when I move, I will call the clinic to make an appointment!!!

Happy/curl, Can BD for me lah.. Cos I ask dr before. he say very safe. I also read up on the net. if don't BD then will have to stop for one whole year.

Jadefeet, don't give up!!! Breastfeeding baby is more healthy leh.. Even have little milk also okay one. Formula will make baby heaty and constipation leh.. I look at my friend's baby stool so hard and she takes half an hour to poo poo. So poor thing lor..
Of cos it's up to individual. but at least you have 50ml. My relative don't even have a single ml. Not even engored... funny lor.
I use one or two drop of detol add water to wash after I pee. It helps to heal faster. Of cos the spray also must use.
Don't be guilty. Give whatever you have. Anyway you baby also dun need so much milk now. I think at most newborn drink 60ml only.
I also have blister that time.. Moreover it's filled with blood. then baby will suck and break the blister. I think she drink the blood. Apply some nipple cream. It helps. Nipple will be used to the 'abuse' then won't be painful anymore.

Hi Jadefeet

I am really sorry to hear that. I understand the pain you are going through as my v strong elder sis went thru 'hell' in breastfeeding and got into depression state when she had her 1st one, she also cried and broke down like you. She say childbirth was manageable to her but breastfeeding was a nightmare. I cant remember how but she did pull through it eventually on 'combined' feeding (breast milk & formula).

However, I read from many books that if you really find that its beyond you to manage after you have tried your best, dun force yourself and get into depression. I am sure formula works too. There are many kids who are on formula and still do as well. Of course as mothers, we want to give our kids the best but not at the expense of mental health / your well being.

Do rest a couple of days like what Dr Foong say and give yourself one more chance on BF and not give up so easily. But if really cannot, then dun force yourself ok. I want you to be a happy mummy. Bringing up baby is not just bf, I am sure bb will feel it if you are distressed, unhappy or etc. Bb needs you to be happy and be loved too.

No worries abt the picture, should respect hubby, but I am sure he is very cute!

Wan,
I also want to BF as long as i want, in fact i invested in Avent DUO pump before i gave birth.. but now seems very difficult..
shiver at the thought of latching on and pumping.. piercing pain on my nipples and breasts... baby is taking 90ml every 3 hr.. cant catch up with his demand already..
so much pain until i cant really bond with bb.. no mood, no love..really dont want to hate him...
so so sad..

jadefeet,

feel so sorry for you. i know how painful it can be as i went thru the same before. everytime baby latched on, i'll have to cling on to something and tears will just flow down. i know the pain can be unbearable.

it would be good if you can try again. the pain will eventually goes off. when u are better, latch the baby on more frequently and your supply will slowly increase. during my time, i heard there's a breast feeding support group. wonder if they are still around. maybe, u can try calling them.

by the way, did the nurse teach u the right way of bf? the first nurse who thot me gave me the wrong info. end up, it got very painful. then a sister nurse came and saw the way i bf. said it was wrong and taught me the correct way.

sad that we can't see yr darling's photos... or can describe his looks to us?
happy.gif
big eyes? chubby? alot of hair?

jadefeet, jia you! you'll be ok soon. trust us
happy.gif
if you need to pour your sorrows, just come in here. rest well
happy.gif

Jadefeet, oh no.. don't be so demanding on yourself. Alot of mothers also don't breastfeed. If you really feel stressful with it, then don't insist. Almost 90% of my friends and relative also don't breastfeed. Their baby also turn out to be healthy and chubby.
Your baby is a big boy. 90ml for first week is a good record. Mine only take 100ml by end of first month.
If you wanna continue breastfeeding, don't have to stress with the demand. Just give whatever you have.
I fully agree with happy. The other time the nurse also teach me wrong therefore I have the blister. Another older nurse taught me the correct position then I feel much better. But still painful lah.. Usually it's the excessive feeding and let down which is painful. After first month will be okay. Or maybe it's your pump? Might be too strong for you. I use manual pump so can adjust my own strength accordingly. But electrical ones cannot right?
Confinement is the worst month. after that, second month also will be like hell. But when the baby got used to the outside world, everything will fall in place. Only 2 months of hell and you will be happily talking abt your lovely boy. "REN"... Therefore they say 'ma ma jiu wei da'...

Jadefeet, I also imagine myself slapping my girl when she is breastfeeding.. hee hee.. So don't feel guilty abt it.. It's normal for new mums. Cos of the confinement rules and the sudden commitment plus responsibilty. Very soon will get used to it.
At one time, I even left her on the bed crying alone while I settle myself down in the kitchen.. Then I cry at being a bad mother and feel so sorry for my girl. Now I think back, it's rather silly of me. The funny thing is, that's what almost every mum went throught. My mum even worst, she throw my sister on the bed and cry with her. My cousin left for holiday with her hubby while leaving the baby with her mother. So we are not that bad...
Tell yourself just this two months only. "REN"!
Once you get used to having the baby ard, things will get better.

thanks gals for all your encouragement..
woke up in pain and crying like a big baby this morning so reached a final decision with DH to stop BF.. cos too stressful for me liao.. my threshold for pain is maximised liao cos its been painful all the way fr day 1 i am preggie so i think its time i do something to be free from pain.
slowly waiting for the supply to stop and wait for the nipples to heal..if the wounds cant dry up by day 3 then i will probably as Dr F for the med to dry up the milk supply.. if not i scared the wound will rot and my nipples will drop off..
worse is now the nipples are so painful that i cant carry baby properly..
dont think i will have the guts to restart the progress agin...
must spend more time bonding with baby then crying..

jadefeet,

maybe you can give yr bb similac? that's suppose to be the closes to breast milk. my son had that when he was a bb.

don't feel sad abt stopping bf. you've already tried your best
happy.gif

Jadefeet, I feel your pain. It sounds very bad. My friend went through the same thing. Her nipple bled onto the son's cheek and she panicked.

If you feel that you need to stop breastfeeding, don't worry about the guilt. We were all a generation of non-breast fed babies and we turned out ok. Plus years from now, no one will say ' ee yur, your child will be a 2nd class citizen cos he was bottle fed!'

I face a lot of pressure as well with my twins. If you want to try, try. If you want to stop, don't beat yourself up over it. At the end of the day, do what will help you be a good mother. It sounds like the breastfeeding thing is making it difficult for you to bond with your son.

hi ladies..

I intend to do soiui with Dr Foong next cycle.. in fact, he will be my 3rd gynae since i started ttc 2 years ago.. sigh.. Could any of u advice me on how is he like?

Thanks in advance.

hi emma,

dr foong is my most preferred gynae amount the 6 gynae i've seen.

he is nice, patient and gentle when running any scan or test for you. don't worry. believe you'll be comfortable with him.
happy.gif

you tried any tcm?

Happy, I heard from alot of people say similac give constipation leh.. NAN is not that bad. My baby had Nan for a few bottle when my confinement lady insist we buy formula. Maybe it's individual baby. But almost all the formula baby I know cannot take similac. So I have a bad impression of it.

Jadefeet, relax and enjoy time with baby. Don't stress already since you have decided. Take more pictures of baby and note how he grown from day to day.

wan & chloe,

oh is that so... my son was on similac without any problem.

i think the similac now is the 'improved' version. if i remember correctly, they added some ingredients a few years back and the price went up accordingly.

last time i had wanted to try s26 as it suppose to help make bb chubby..hee.. but, heard it's kind of heaty too and dun wanna switch formula for bb in case he gets stomach upset.

jadefeet

Well, if u can, i am sure u will continue to breastfeed ur baby. But if it is at the expense of ur health, then i guess u just have to weigh lor. u cannot have the best of both worlds, so do wat u think is right yar?
happy.gif
dun worry, it is just a matter of time that u will start getting used to looking after baby.

happy..
today i felt slightly better..baby has quite alot of hair... even Dr F also mentioned all his 3 babies came out no hair when he saw the head of my bb..bb has chubby cheeks, nose, lips and chin like me but overall package still like DH..super boyish look, fair skin like me. small eyes like DH.
The flavour of the month in Glen was similac so i m feeding bb that now,,,so far so gd..didnt know that similac is the closest to breast milk..

Ondine,
You are right... this morning was just telling my DH i still havent fallen in love with the baby, thought was supposed to be in love with both men in my life now but only felt responsibility towards the small one not madly in love...
think i havent been able to bond with him..even when he cries now, i also can tahan..somemore DH decided to let BB sleep with MIL at night for the time being.. so i can have better rest..
the 1st few nights, i can stay awake fr 2-7am looking at BB just to make sure he was ok.. every single move and slight noise he made i immediately jump up...
Last night has chilly shiverings again.. think i kana masities again.. so tempted to get the tablets to stop milk supply immediately.. dont want to wait anymore..

BTW, anyone has any recommendations for buffet caterer?
Need 1 halal, and another normal type.

jadefeet,

good to hear that you are feeling better.

so cute. lots of hair and chubby cheeks. pls help me pinch his cheeks..hee
happy.gif

u were lucky. on the first night my bb went home, he kind of cried thru out. it was terrible! didn't sleep the whole night and got to keep carrying him and try to pacify him.

suppose after your pain is gone and u spend more time with bb, you'll unknowingly fall deeply in love with him.
happy.gif

neo garden is good. u can check up the website.

jadefeet

It's a matter of time, trust me, u sure fall in love like never before with baby.
happy.gif
He's a part of u!! New mothers like us get paranoid easily, it's natural lar.

Well, good to hear that u baby has lots of hair. Mine got little hair, and still little now lor.

Gals, time flies, my babies going to turn one soon!!
happy.gif

chloe,

are your darlings walking already? or already started running? haa..

ppl said girl starts to walk earlier. is it true for your case?

Hi all

1) Finally after 1 week of delivery I can come here to "see" you all. Now my boy is like my boss, every body schedule is changing to suit him...
happy.gif

2) Delivery
My process is pretty fast, 1:10 p.m went into the OT, 1:35 p.m., the nurses show my boy to me alreaday, Curl, I also thought I will cry, but I didn't I just feel very very tired although I was not on GA. Dr Loh can still joke with me during the process..and my hb was beside me and he felt very "cold" , like some water flow out to his feet, end up he found out that it was my blood!! ha ha...

The first nite was really not easy to me, the pian and numbness really killing me, Although I was damned tired, but still tell the nurse I wanted to tbf, but she told me a bit late cos they have already feed my boy with bottles as I didn't say early. I let my boy to latch on 3 thime during that nite and as my milk didn't flow in, I really can feel my nipples were damned painful esp bb can't suck anything, he will use more energy!!

3) KK
KK service is much better than I expected, but but the quality of the food really very very worst.

4) engorgement
My nipples were bleed and sore the next day, my hb and mom so "xin tia" and asked me to rest for 1 day for bf. So I stopped bf and asked nurse to give him cup feed. The 3rd day was the worst, early in the morning, both breasts were hard like stones and very very hot and I could feel the chest pain too. So I have use my hand to express the milk out for almost 2 hours... The lactation nurse came in and told me once I started with latching, I shouldn't stop, at least i need to pump it out. She helped me by pressing to clear ducts, I really cried and never knew that it was so painful !! She was so helpful and keep on coming to my bed to massage for me and lend me the electric pump. The whole ward knew that I have engorgement. Pai sei. I scared liao and dare not close my eyes at nite, just keep on expressing, pumping and latching... SIONG!!!! Luckily the engorgement went off before I discharge.

5) Taking care
I have been taking care for my boy almost every hour. HB and mom helped a lot, but since I am bf so I will have to "standby" every single hour !! My nipples sore again as my boy really cho loh type, he bike my nipples esp when he was hungry. I really wanted to give up bf as it was soooooo tiring and I slept only 2 to 3 hours at nite in the first 2 days!! and when he cried, I really pek cek, cos after feeding half an hour he wants some more.
kao_angry.gif

6) Jaundice
My boy jaundice level has been increasing since the 2nd day from dischaged until today. He is "border line" can't afford to increase again, if not, got to send him back to kk for the "special light treatment", the polyclinic doctor asked my hb to stop for bf for these two days and switch to formula to help the condition. So I have no choice and have to pump out and keep my milk in the freezer. As from yesterday, the milk can keep on dripping and wet my pyjamas, really kuang chang, I think my boy did a very good job to stimulate my milk flow.

And now my poor boy now keep on searching mummy smelly nai nai...
kao_sad.gif
I just scared that he will forget how to latch on after "leaving" my breasts these few days.

Sorry for the long posting cos after 1 week not "talk" to you all mah...
biggrin.gif

Have to go now as need to take a nap if not when the little one wake up I cant sleep liao.
kao_byebye.gif

hi koala,

so good to hear from you
happy.gif

my god!! how come the blood can get onto his feet???

wow! u got so much milk! can understand how tiring it can be but pls don't give up yet. have you been taking essence of chicken? take that everyday and it'll definitely give you the energy.

jia you!!

Back