Dr L C Cheng ( TMC)

Hi gals,
I read with horror from a medical journal that chlomid is a potential cost of cancer. if prolong taking for a year or more.. it gives a high chance of cancer.
hmm... I have decided to be on my own this cycle... i am so shock to read that i am really at a lost also.. on the one side i want to increase the chance of conception. On the other i would not want to be a victim of cancer.. sometimes life is just though!

was on two cycle of chlomid but failed
sad.gif
now after i read that article.. my heart is so confused. I am reading a book on Take Charge of your fertility. which i thought was a more natural way of trying to conceive. if successful than i will certainly come back here to share with you
happy.gif

worried79
yah.... will not give up .... Just pray hard for the best loh ...

I have asked dr cheng. But he say for the time being, just keep it simple. No vits, no watever. And somemore my hubby will easily become heaty one when he takes the tonic. By the way, hows ur hubby's SA result? Have he done? Is it good?

bellsbells
Agree that the clomid is a potential cost of cancer. That's why the dr dont advise his patients to have more than 6 course of clomid. Should 6 courses fails, then would seek other alternatives.

However, I would think that if you wan to resort to the natural way of ttc-ing, why not.... it's better if u are prepared to do so. Well, wishing u all the best..... will be waiting for ur good news!

wannababy

last time he did at kk, not very good. but i think its becoz of the environment. damn bad service. the nurse ask him to do in the toilet when there is a room around! now at tmc, dr cheng has yet to ask him do any test. i think he wants us to try a few rounds first, before doing more tests. he say if by this fri AF never come, can test on Monday liao. But i've been having bad cramps since yesterday, and my bbt over the wkend drop. luckily today raise again. but i am still worried af may come any moment, coz my cramps quite bad.i will have to go for another round of clomid is this cycle fails......

worried79
so today is your DPO13? u mean the SA test do in the toilet not good ?? Shouldnt make a difference one mah ....

sometimes the cramps doesnt mean AF will come .... Got to monitor your bbt temp loh... if tomorrow rise again, there's hope !!
happy.gif

Can understand the kind of feeling that you have to go through loh.... at least u have a chance this cycle..... and i can only look forward to the next cycle and hope AF reports quick....

wannababy

i m really going crazy over the bbt lor. was quite depressed when it dropped quite alot during the weekend. just went to toilet poo poo, got blood leh. today is my dpo 10 only. quite easy to remember, coz 1 sep is my dpo1.

yah, my husband said the one he did in toilet was quite watery, no mood also, coz the toilet small and smelly lor...till now, i m the only one doing all the tests at tmc.

wannababy

do hope you will strike soon. its quite stressful taking bbt every morning. coz i teach my hubby all these bbt, dpo kind of thing. and every morning he will ask me what is my bbt..so make me kinda stress also when bbt goes down during these few days...

Hi all
I would like to make a appointment with LC Cheng.I have been TTC for a yr.think is time for me to consult a prof.i never go for any check up before.I have a very stupid qns to ask..when you all make appointment..how do you tell the staffs regarding of what thing you need to consult a doctor?Example want to have a pre pregnancy check up?or sumthing else?can pls tell me?

hi sad

i never really go to a real gynae for checkup before too. u can just call up the clinic to make appointment. only on my first apptmt did i explain my situation to dr cheng. dun worry, he is a very nice person. you can call this number to make any queries or book apptmt 62527766, the nurses are all very nice one!

hi worried79
thank for yr prompt reply...u mean i can just make an appointment without giving any reason why i need to consult him?

worried79
Oh ic .... only dpo10? Do u usually experience the blood for past cycles mah ? If u dont, then maybe it's spotting?

wa... if small and smelly, it's very difficult one loh... whereas TMC one is very spacious and clean....

I'm also thinking of stop taking bbt liao leh .. also find it stressful to keep taking the bbt temp, cos the fear of seeing the ups and downs of the bbt ..... may consider dont take bbt liaoz.... only use the OPK to test for O.

sad
Hi, if u really interested to see him, its best that you can save up extra cost by calling up to make appt on your first day of mense. And they will arrange for an appt to see dr cheng either on CD2 or CD3.

wannababy

i m quite sure the blood came from poo poo one, thats why should not be spotting. trying not to think too much now, but really crazy over bbt liao. hope everything is fine!

sad

tat time when i first book for apptmt, they never ask why i want to see dr. i think should be fine, u can give them a call to ask first

worried79
better dont tink too much okies??? hope that everything is gonna be fine for u .. maybe ur body heaty or constipation that resulted u in having blood in your poo loh .....

wannababy

thanx! will try to keep my mind of this 2ww...haha, if i can! coz i dun want the stress to cause delay of AF, which happens for a few times already, making me happy in the beginning stage for nothing...all the best for your ttc process too!!

Hi wannababy n gals
wah.. its been some time i came in here n so many posts
happy.gif

I am in my 2WW now.. DPO1.. Dr cheng let me on my own for 3 months.. I also took all the blood test for LH n progesterone lst cycle...

Can i ask, if i have taken LH and progesterone test already for last cycle, do i need to take again cos every cycle is different leh.... last cycle, my LH is slightly low to average.. the progesterone level is quite high..

Agree that taking BBT is stress.. i give up already cos i felt stressful to take every morning.. just rely on OPK to test for O, which dr cheng ask me to do so...

I asked Dr cheng for multi-vit for my hb and also bought the immu-vit... hope it is gd for hb.. true, after he ate, seem abit heaty... so try alternate days to eat
happy.gif

Hi worried79
Dun worry abt cyst la
happy.gif
Dr Cheng scanneed for me 2nd time, he did not find any cyst.. but then during the scan to check if i O sucessfully, he found a small cyst but told me it will go off... i m also worried but then have to believe him .. N try not to think

worried79
yah ... I hope that you will not be so stressed during these 2ww..... hee hee.....Me also looking forward to next cycle to start and BD before my hubby goes on reservist...... hope my AF comes early .... hoohoo... wish me luck? :p

jowinbb
dr cheng also put me on my own for 3 months cos all my test results were very good, especially the progesterone level. But however, this cycle turned out to be otherwise cos even by CD21, i still din get my +ve OPK. SO i guess not every month i will ovulate bah.... cos last cycle when i saw him, i ovulated successfully.

In the end, got to see him to scan that even the time that my womb lining has thicken already and yet the egg follicle is not up to mature size yet. Hence, he wants me to go back to him on my next AF.

I guess u have to ask him loh.... cos everybody will be slightly different one .... so when u are on your own, then try it on your own first loh... if there is anything, u can always call him up and ask him questions one...
happy.gif

Hi gals

Just to give you gals some support.

from young, i have irregular AF

I was trying to conceive for years (you cannot image how long)

After seeing doctors from KKH to NUH, i still cannot conceive.

half a year after seeing dr cheng and 4 rounds of clomid and 1 laposcopy, i conceive!

so, dont give up! i am already in my mid 30s, if i can conceive, i am sure all of you can do it !

Hi G tan
ooooo thanks for your encouragement and support ! I do hope that I will be able to make it soon. .... gotta stay optimistic about it .. hee

Hi G Tan
Thanks

Hi wannababy
oh..haiz.. seem that our egg must "listen" to Dr cheng inorder to get O smoothly hor... =P
I tested OPK +ve this cycle but then i also did BBT.. it din have much thermal shift.. suspected did not O well
sad.gif

Haiz.. got to wait h see result..

jowinbb
dont tink too much ... wait and see ur result....
happy.gif
a happy and relaxed feeling will make miracles happen...

Hi all
Mayb i know what the doc will ask you to do for the 1st meeting?Example 1)purely consultation 2)consulation plus a few test such as blood test,ultrasound etc.

sad
it depends on which period of time of your CD that you intend to have your 1st visit with dr.

If you call up and book the 1st appt on your 1st day of mense and the nurses there arranged for u to go for the appt on either ur 2nd or 3rd day of mense. In this case, it will be consultation plus V scan and blood test to be taken within the same appointment.

Normally would go for the appt together with scan in order not to waste the consultation fee as well as the trip there...

However, if you only wanna consult and have an overall pic and dont wan to start the monitoring cycle immediately by the dr, u can always go anytime one ...

hi sad

its actually up to you. till now, no tests done for my hubby. unless you want your hubby to do the semen analysis. but i thot it would be better if hubby can accompany you there. at least have any queries, can ask doctor and both of u will be there to listen

bellsbells

actually, i still wonder whether i can ovulate by myself..for these 2 cycles, i actually went back for my HCG injection, coz my eggs are not released. so, i was thinking, if i dun take clomid and dun take injection, will my eggs still be released? i doubt so...coz i have pcos on one ovary and dr cheng says its one of the reasons why my eggs are not released the the point of ovulation....really hope can strike soon as i m really going crazy every mth monitoring my bbt

worried
same here. me on clomid but no need hcg injections. now in my 4th cycle liao. hope can strike then no need to go for SO-IUI.

hi liz

u long time never post liao! aiyah, me on 2nd cycle now. just went for hcg injection last sat. u confirm going for so-iui? i kept asking dr cheng abt iui, as i really dun want to waste time liao. but he kept saying u should try for a few more cycles first....

worried
haven't been posting because I am very stressed. feeling rather upset with myself. Dunno how to relax. guess it affects the chances too. Initially, he told me to go for SO-IUI if I still fail by the 4th cycle. However, this time round, he ask me to try till 6 cycles of clomid but he won't stop us if we insist on going SO-IUI but we decide to try 6 cycles and start SO-IUI early next year if still no news.

liz,

same here. i normally will come in and read, but wont post unless i want to ask or answer a question. i m really happy for all those gals who strike, but somehow, will think back, why its so difficult for me...aiyah...maybe i m just unlucky. i was very stressed over my bbt too. coz during my 2ww, my DH will ask me for my temp everyday...then last mth, when it started to dip, we were so helpless. i was very sad when i saw temp dipping everyday...
i hope we will have some bb dust fr the rest of the gals, and we can strike soon. seeing dr cheng is really very ex.....
do cheer up, at least u r better than me. i still have pcos, so must try even harder

worried
I have PCOS too. So we are in the same boat. Ya. me feel the same too. Wonder why it is so diff even after taking clomid. but you still second round only. still got chance. me already 4th round liao. getting worried.

liz

so now u just started your 4th cycle? if u really feel very stressed over this ttc thingy, why not sit down with your DH and discuss whether you should just go ahead with IUI or SO-IUI? then at least the chances are higher. this is my own opinion only, but maybe u can think thru. i was thinking, if this cycle dun strike, i will try for a 3rd time. but fails again, i will just tell dr cheng i want to try IUI liao. dun want to waste any more time

worried
I'm a bit reluctant to try SO-IUI because I'm afraid of failure. think i'll be more stress. My DH also feel that should try clomid first. SO-IUI dr cheng say try 3 cycles only. anyway, If this cycle fails, I will definitely try another cycle because I will be in my fertile period when I'm on holiday next mth. hope that it helps.

liz,

i think SO-IUI have to do alot of injections one rite? i m only considering IUI. hope the best of bb dust luck will come to us real soon, to stop our torturing ttc period

worried
oic. erm... maybe i should go for IUI if I still fail in the Nov cycle. I hope that our baby dreams will come soon.

liz

maybe u can ask dr cheng more abt iui and so-iui before making a decision. yep, hope we can strike soon, then no need to go for iui liao...

worried
I did ask Dr cheng liao. I was just thinking if for the last cycle, I could try IUI as the chances are higher.

Worried
I think the charges will be around $500. Not too sure abt the exact figures. there is ~ $180 for the sperm freezibility test and another ~ $350 for the procedure, doc charges and operating theatre charges

worried 79 ,
yeah i share the same sentiments too.. this round on my own, i tried the ovulation kit for 12 days or so.. but didn't detect any ovulation.. hmm... maybe i will go back to LC Cheng and ask him to scan and see if i can ovulate on my own.... sometimes really in a dilema on these medications leh. I know of 2 cases of breast cancer recently and they are only 30 plus.

liz

so i guess its $500 for one round of IUI? quite ex. but if one cycle can strike, then its very worth it!

bells,

this cycle supposed to be on my own too. but have to go back becoz no +ve on my opk. eggs dun want to be released...

worried79
the $500 is for one time of IUI, which is advisable to pay in cash instead. However, if SO-IUI is considered, then it will be a much more expensive. Hence, it would be good to use the CPF-Medisave account instead to offset. That's why the nurse Cindy told me before one.
happy.gif

hi liz and worried
Im also seeing Dr Cheng... the first time he saw me, he also suspected my right ovary to be PCOS but he said alot of people have PCOS also got pregnant. I also got pregnant in earlier part of year but had a mc. So dun give up k? Though Dr Cheng suspected me to have 1 ovary PCOS but I still got pregnant so you all can too!!

babymouse

why must pay in cash? bring fifty hundred bucks in cash to pay? i m seriously considering that if i fail my 3rd cycle...

rox*

i know alot of ppl with pcos also get pregnant, but i think they are just the lucky lot. and i m the unlucky group, thats why its so difficult. really hope can strike soon and stop this torture

worried79
yah rite... cos if deduct from medisave,it will be wasted... As I understand that the claim is like $2k for one time, so if use for IUI which only cost $500, it's not worth it, the balance amount would not be claimable ....that's why the nurse told me....it's more worth it to claim from medisave if it's SO-IUI or even IVF.

By the way, what i mean is can pay in credit card, not hard cash..
happy.gif
But dont claim from medisave loh...

Back