Dr L C Cheng ( TMC)

jowinbaby

Hi ladies

Any comments on Dr LC Cheng? He was recommended to me by my another friend and i find him rather detailed for each consultation.

However, can we share on how normally Dr Cheng will diagnose about a patient?

Example, i m back to him for TTC..Normally, he will

1) Take blood test to check for hormones level on CD2
2) Next appt to do vaginal scan and check if the eggs will be Ovaluating soon...
3) After 1 week of O, he will check if it is O sucessfully and then take a blood test for progestrone level
4) Report to him if AF due on CD2 again ( repeat the cycle) and or to see him when we have BFP

Is this the norm? I am now in my 2WW.. heard some good news from him that i O sucessfully etc etc, but then kind of disappointed it seem that he told everyone the same??

I still have confident in Dr Cheng .He is a very gentle, detailed and kind gynae..Each time i seen him, i felt much better n know wat to do for conceiving...he never seem to put further stress on me.

I hope to have some advices/ feedback from ladies who are under him...

Thanks alot

Let's share share...

Any response / feedback?
sad.gif

Hi G tan,

i also went to him yest.. very nice and friend gynea.. but he is really expensive. What kind of treatment did you go through you under him.. like monitoring your ovulation or were you given clomid to ovulate?

Yes, i went 4 rounds of clomid with him but not successful

then, he did a laposcophy to check for ovaries and tube before going to IUI

But i conceive then, so no need to go IUI

Continue to use him when i am expecting as he got my history

Hi,

Im also seeing him. Went to see him after trying for abt 7 months without any result. I find him nice and reassuring, but very expensive and the waiting time is scary. Everytime I go for my appointment, have to wait abt 1.5 hrs, longest I ever waited was 3 hours.

G tan : since you have taken clomid before, can you advise me on something? I started taking clomid last cycle, and my ovulation test was positive on 6 Aug, which was 2 weeks ago. Based on my past experience, my AF will come 2 weeks after the ovulation test is positive, so I was suppose to at least start spotting yesterday. But still no sign of it now.

Was wondering if Clomid will delay AF or screw up the cycle? I have not tested yet cos dun want to get my hopes up, and also dun want to waste a pregnancy test, cos already spent so much on doctors fees ;-)

Hi jowinbaby,

Just to share with you on what he checked for me :

- Blood test and vaginal scanning on CD3
- As I usually ovulate on CD13, went back around CD12 for another vaginal scan
- 1 week after ovulation, went back for scanning and another blood test
- Not successful that round, so went to see him again on CD3.

The 2nd blood test will confirm if we ovulated based on the progesterone level. As my prolactin level was slightly higher than normal, he gave me some meds to bring down the prolactin level. At the same time that I was going thru the above test, DH also did a SA to check his sperm count. I also asked to be on Clomid to increase the chances. Did another blood test 1 week after my next ovulation, my prolactin level was within the normal range. He also did another scan to check on the womb lining.

Hi G Tan

Did you go back to those that i stated above? Need to go back many rounds?

Ya.. indeed, its really expensive...

I am with him for the 1st round.

Hi sputnik
Thanks..

I am also going thru the same as you except for the clomid part... Now in my 2WW. This is my 1st round going to him, i think he will need to advise me on the blood test i took to check progesterone level.

Hope AF dun come n let me conceive a BB.. going back to him is really expensive....Hope i dun need to go back so many rounds.. kindda of disappointed...

Me today spots little blood in my CM.. Today is my DPO12 and CD29... I shd be on CD31 cycle de...
I think AF coming soon le...
sad.gif

Hi Spunik and G Tan

Can i ask, when you go back to see him after O, he will normally scan for us and said if we O sucessfully...

For my case, he mentioned that i O sucessfully.. then there is "liquid" in womb??? shd be a good sign... pardon me as i do not understand some terms.. I asked him about my sore breasts so early in my DPO5, he said it is good sign for pregnancy...

About the liquid, did he tell anyone same thing?

no mention of liquid in my womb

he did mentioned about the lining not thick enough though

he did say i ovluate but too bad, i didnt conceive during the 1st 4 cycles of clomid

i dont have sore breast though

for some people, clomid do delay the mense but not for my case.

Hi jowinbaby,

I seem to remember that he said need to look at the progesterone level to confirm ovulation, based on scanning is not sufficient. He did not mention abt any liquid in womb, but could he be referring to the womb lining? The lining has to be thick enough for successful implantation if the egg is fertilized. He said my lining was pretty good, and my progesterone level was also high enough which is good, as progesterone level also shows if your body is ready for pregnancy.

I also dun have sore breast or nipples. Used to have it earlier this year right after my ovulation, but this symptom seems to have disappeared, dunno why also.

Hi Gtan..
Oh u leaving? Dun PM you la
happy.gif

we share here, can??

Hi spunik
Lining, he mentioned it is thick enough...then mentioned abt the liquid... really not sure wat it is.. I just called the clinic to ask abt the progestrone level... hope they will tell me later.

OH.. so funny.. will disappear ..
happy.gif

Hi G tan,

Would like to check something with you understand that some gynaes have packages for those who are expecting, does LC Cheng also have such package? Or have to pay for consultation everytime we go and see him?

yes, he does have a package. but expensive too. $2200 (visits and delivery) excluding medicine, ultrasound etc from 2nd visit onwards

Hi Gtan
Ya. heard about his package....Its really ex..

look like i have to go back to see LC Cheng on CD2 or 3 again..
sad.gif

Hi G tan,

Thanks for the info. So I guess the $2200 includes consultation, and everytime go if need to scan, will have to pay separately. How much is the ultrasound? Whats the average price of the package for other gynaes anyway?

Jowinbaby, dun be discouraged. How long hv u been trying? I have been trying since Jan this year. My DH SA not that fantastic, but so happy to be successful this time, and I was pretty sick 1 week before ovulation, was on strong antibiotics somemore. Still cant believe it, dun dare to tell my parents or his parents yet until maybe next week.

Thanks G tan!! Hehe, me only 4 weeks nowjust tested +ve last evening. Oh, I guess the price of the ultrascan is the same as what he charges me when he does the v-scan to check for ovulation.

Hi Sputnik, I am considering taking LC Cheng as my gynae. I oso just tested +ve. Not yet 4wks. Coming. But I have spotting (Brown discharges) and cramping. I wan to go tmr to see if everything's alright or not. Is he really gd? $2200 pkg starts went? and it does not includes all scan huh? medication oso excludes huh? Sorry for all the questions as I am unsure.

Hi jaspire, Im not very sure on his package, just found out abt it from G tan today. I also quite blur about this. I find him very nice and reassuring, feel quite comfortable with him, the only downside is the long waiting time and the high charges. Also, if his clinic is crowded, he may go thru the consultation a bit faster, but if you have questions, he will still answer them.

Im also having a bit of cramping, but heard that is normal. Not so sure on the brown discharge tho, think you better see a doc to get it checked out.

Hi Sputnik
I also started in this year Feb.. miss out 2 months in total as i was injured..so tried 5 times already.. coming round with be the 6th.. Really tired to go on trying like this and 2ww is really a torture...This is the 1st month i went to see Dr LC Cheng

Hi gtan
thanks.. i will continue to work hard.

hi i am seeing LC cheng also. Referred by my girlfriend. but i am on 2nd round of clomid . first round was just clomid alone saw the ovularies but didn't conceive. 2nd round was put on clomid and hormones pills. can i check is it true that clomid can only take for max 6 months consecutive ?

Hi bells
Sorry can't help u on this qs
happy.gif

Dr Cheng send me away n only ask to see me after 3 months. I am on my own now...

that's what gyn said. 6 consective cycles. but some gyn said 3. anyway, i went for 3 cycles of clomid with KKH not successful. after 1/2 year, went for 4 cycles with L C Cheng. Not successful too. then conceive naturally with just paradole (i have high prolactive homo) with L C cheng

pandon for the mis-spelling

Hi Gtan
Wat is paradole?

Now Dr Cheng ask me to be on my own for 3 months.. no medicine or watever.. just natural.l.. After 3 months, no conceive, he will see wat he can do again...Hope within these 3 months, i will conceive lor.

Hi Bells, I remembered LC Cheng saying that clomid can only take for max 6 months consecutive. Thik he explained to me why, but I don't remember wat was the reason tho.

G tan, my prolactin level was also higher than normal, so Dr Cheng gave me parlodel also. Took that and clomid together and successfully conceived.

jowinbaby - when i went to Dr Cheng for the 1st time sometime back, he also said that we have not been trying very long, so he encouraged us to try for abt 3 more months. But he also said that if we really frustrated, can always go back and see him.

Hi sputnik
Dr Cheng guide me thru for 1 month.. took blood test, see my O etcetc.. then after this month, he let me off for 3 months.. hope i m successful...

Oh, so he also asked u to be on ur own too?? but then u went back n took some medicine n then conceive?

Hi jowinbaby, maybe nothing wrong with your test results so he ask you to try for another few more months? Did your DH do SA? For mine was also because my DH SA not that great, so I requested to start on clomid to increase my chances.

Hi Sputnik
Yes.. DH did SA test too.. he is ok... do not have fantastic result but then Dr Cheng said he need not any medication. We shd be able to conceive naturally..My LH is abit low but he said i m able to have my LH surge and also O sucessfully last month..Thats why he let me off to try without his guide for 3 months.

babydust fall on us...
happy.gif

Hi ladies,

Yeah looks like i am not the only one who's on chlomid and still didn't strike. I was just joking with my mum yesterday. With 3 "eggs" that's 33% chance and yet didn't strike !!!! until my mum suggested why not go overseas and adopt...
sad.gif

I really very sad to see each time my AF come. and since on chlomid my menses seems to be longer. instead of 30-35 days... now it's 40 days cycle!
any of you experience the same. my mum also warn me not to take too much of the hormones pills as they are potential cause of cancer...
sigh.. didn't know so difficult to stike..
sad.gif

Bells
I believe there are still alot of ways to get pregnant.. dun so fast adopt la
happy.gif

How long have u TTC already ?
happy.gif

I understand the disappointment when AF came.. really xianz to see it...

worried79
yah, for my last cycle on clomid, i went back to dr cheng's clinic for the blood test. wat is it that u wanted to ask?

hi wannababy,

long time no see u liao. i was there last week for my hcg injection, to release my eggs. i guess i never ovulate properly. went this morning, took the blood test and the nurse tells me, if the progesterone level is too low, then its bad news. I am getting worried now....

worried79
yah rite... getting over the trauma of news for me ....
Oh ... dr cheng gave u hcg injection? u in which CD which he gave u that?

Is your blood test result out already anot ? can call them to check one before the clinic closed.

liz/wannababy

she say she will call me on monday if the level is too low. i really feel like calling. but if level really too low, then my whole weekend burnt liao....will be very depressed.
he gave me the injection on cd17. i was supposed to ovulate and release the egg, but i think the egg was around 26-28mm liao, still not released. he said it might turn to cysts if dun release e eggs...

liz/wannababy

i m really very depressed after knowing tat my egg was not released. felt kinda down, then have to keep going back nearly once a week, spent quite alot on parking and consultation etc...headache man..

cannot tahan liao, so i just called the clinic. the nurse say my is quite high. i nearly cried out. at least one more hurdle gone...each blood test really gives me the nerves. i m really worried tat i will have some illness somewhere in my body. dr cheng says i have slight pcos on one ovary

how abt the two of u? visited the clinic lately?

worried79
dont worry too much first loh... at that time when i did the blood test also worried..... in the end, the nurse told me my level was very high and good... but still never strike last cycle....

Your case is becos suppose to release since ard 26-28mm already, so he gave u the injection on the CD17? how come u saw him on CD17, not CD14 one?

For my case this month is at CD21, my egg follicle was still only around 9mm.. too small... and by the time i O, will be too late already. So he had to induce my mense to come.

worried79
can feel the pain and the tense that you are going through. I'm also like tat ... when i first know that dr cheng is going to induce my mense to come, I was very sad.... cos know even on clomid also cannot ovulate somemore.

But life still has to go on ... Just look forward to ttc-ing loh.... never give up ...
happy.gif

My next appt with him is on my CD2/3 loh....

wannababy

pls dun give up hope yet. i've been telling tat to myself too. although i can get quite negative at times, i still tell myself there should be still some hope bah. Just pray for the best. very sick of going thru such trauma liao. at least there are a few gals here seeing dr cheng, so can share experience with me.

wannababy

read fr 2ww tat dr cheng never give your hubby vitamins? on our very first trip there, the nurse ask my husband to buy the immu-vital, costs around 80 bucks. she said that one good for men, have ginseng...and alot of other ingredients one. maybe next time u can ask the nurse, they sell it there one. but she say outside pharmacy also have, selling around the same price

Back