Dr Kenneth Edward Lee

hauge

Hi all,

Have any one had Dr Kenneth Edward Lee at Marsiling as her gynae previously or currently? Would appreciate any comments or advice on him. Thanks!

I am also seeking comments abt Dr. Kenneth E. Lee. Is anyone seeing or has seen him for her pregnancy?

Hi there
Dr Kenneth Lee was my gynae for my first born. I had my baby in Sept last year. Dr Lee was recommended to me by my sis in law and 2 friends of mine who previously had their babies delivered by him. He is very good and experienced doctor - professional, caring and concerned and very approachable when you need to ask/check on anything at all. I went to his clinic in Mount Alvenia and his staff were very helpful as well.

As i moved to Singapore in August, i was under consultation under Dr Lee for only two over months but overall, i find him to be very good and friendly and i was very comfortable with him. I had some complications during my delivery and although it was my first pregnancy and i knew no better and was concerned, i was confident that all would be fine as I was assured time and time again by the nurses and my friends about Dr Lee's credibility and experience.

Is there anything else specific you would like me to share with you on Dr Kenneth?

I hope this helps.

Take care :)

Thanks Geraldine.

I am also considering Dr Lee for my third child due in August. Can you share with me his rates for my budgeting purpose? Thanks a million.

Hi there goofygloves
I only visited Dr Lee in early Aug and i paid 300 overall for 2 over months of consultation. Also, I paid an addition of 800 as I had to do a c-section. Hope this helps :)
Do let me know if you need any more info.

hello all,

I'm currently seeing the same Dr Lee, but at his Mt A clinic. Just went for my first consultation with him last Sat. He seems to be very friendly and cheerful, I like his attitude but when he did the vaginal scan for me i feel uncomfortable.. Previously I had been seeing this gynae at Houngang, whom I felt very comfortable and he's very gentle. Even during vaginal scan, I didn't feel any discomfort at all! am i being overly sensitive?

thanks, waves
happy.gif

Dr Lee just called me this morning to check on how I was doing, that's very sweet of him

He is a great doc...he gave me a lift to my home as he was leaving for the hospital too...very nice doc,approachable and ever so friendly...you can contact him anytime by e mail too if you have any queries.

I am seeing Dr. Kenneth Edward Lee this Sat for my first appt. Feeling nervous and excited cos it's my first. I originally tried dr. hk ho but his schedule is extremely packed. Hope Dr. Kenneth EL is a good choice..

I have had 2 appointments with Dr. Kenneth Lee by now. So far I'm comfortable with him. He's friendly and takes time to explain things to me. I have also signed up for the package with him, which is $700 and covers basic scans and consultations until delivery.

Hey xka,

you still looking?? found the information here

Clinic: Maternity & Gynaecological Clinic
Address: 820 Thomson Road,
Mount Alvernia Medical Centre,
Block A, #B1-01,
Singapore 574623
Operating
Hours: 9am to 4pm (Mon, Tue, Wed, Fri),
9am to 12pm (Thur),
9am to 4pm (Sat)
Tel: (65) 6252 5778 / 6252 5360

You found your gynae already not?

Hi ladies, im currently seeing Dr Kenneth too. Initially I chose him bcos his has a clinic at Marsiling mrt which near my house. So far I had 3 appmt & felt v comfortable wif him. I find him is a very fatherly,nice,patient & always ve a positive attitude which gives me confident. He very patient to answer my questions & also very jovial dr. I have signed package ($700)wif the clinic. Include consultation, U/S, urine test, BP & weigh measure.

Another one ting is short waiting time & e nice n comfortable ambience.

I chanced upon this forum again after more than a year. I'm now a mother of a healthy 5 month baby boy. Happy with the whole pregnancy journey with Dr. Kenneth Lee. My delivery was fast and smooth, without epidural. Will go back to him if i plan to have a second one.

hi, i am thinking of Dr Kenneth too, may i know how to go ahead and book him?
Also, the $700 do i have to pay upfront during first visit?

Hi crystal_cloud, u can call n make an appointment @ 63681311. As for the package, the counter staff usually will offered to you after your 3/4th visit. They only accept cash or nets.

Hi Ivy, thanks.

I did not actually search for a gynae. this was recommended by my gf who had her 2nd kid delivered by Dr Kenneth.

She raved about the service at MT A better than TMC's

can u share with me more experiences with him?
i m currently in my 4th week and i have not gone to any doc yet.

Hi Crystal_cloud, Congrats!

Initially, I went to Dr Kenneth because is nearby my hse & his clinic have evening consultation (Mon & Wed, 6pm-8pm).
My 1st appt when I was in 6wks. His clinic was nt crowded, I expect to be crowded n long waited as encountered in the previous gynae clinic. The good thing is shorter waiting time, not like those ganjiong spider gyane rushing as he a lot of patients to see.

Dr Kenneth always greeted me with a huge smile. He’s hurmous and friendly! Also he is very positive, patient man, he always assurance me whenever he saw worried and anxious on my face. He’ got very gd assistants.
After sequence visits, I signed up the maternity package from 16th week til birth. Which includes consultation fees, urine tests, ultrascan (3D) and the ultrascan photos. I just pay for the vitamin pills.
Normal routine the staff will take my urine test for sugar and protein levels, height, weight, blood pressure while waiting for my turn.
Dr Kenneth only do tummy scan on my every visit, not a vaginal one as I had previously so I was very surprised. V scan only did when I reached wk 39.
He makes me feel very safe in hands, both mum n baby are safe n born healthy ^^

Maybe u can give a call n make yr appt when u in 6wks+ ^^

dear ivy,
thanks for replying!

im deciding between TMC's Dr Caroline Khi and Dr Kenneth. in other words, is either male or female gynae.

i will be heading out to a short overseas trip booked way before i conceived in my 6th weeks..dont know if it's better to book now to see him before my trip?

my reason for prefering to choose him will be the 'cheaper' gynae package of 700

i have been experiencing mild cramps at my abdominal area similar to menses cramps and saw onilne it is still normal. but of coz being a first time mummy im abit worried.

I had Dr Kenneth as my gynae when i delivered my boy (1st child) in May 2010. Was recommended by my hubby's friend. Thumbs up!! He is a very cheerful and caring doctor. He does not rush through his explaination or checks and is very professional.

During my delivery, i stayed in the delivery suite for more than 10 hours (i was slow in dilating), Dr Kenneth popped by and called the nurses so many times to check on me.

Delivery is painful and risky but when you know you have a good doctor, half the pain is gone!!
happy.gif

Will definitely go to him for my second pregnancy.

Hi i am now about 5 mths+ preggy and i am considering of switching to Dr Kenneth Lee as I decided to deliver at MtA.

Do i need to still pay for the $700 package or it would be slightly cheaper since i am now half way through and i have done the detailed scan and Oscar test at TMC through my current gynae?

any advice ?

u can call the clinic
happy.gif

btw dr kenneth lee is very good..
what is 'predicted' for my induced birth all realised.

he is also good to advice me to check in hospital at 12 midnight, so bill charges on a fresh new day on the dot and i dun pay for anything extra..(eg if i check in 11pm, i need to pay for previous day,. and when clock strikes midnight, it's counted as day 2)

he is very encouraging thru out the labour and when he comes by every few hours to check my dilation, he is very cheerful!! truly motivating for someone in labour.

my 'pushing' process is only 10 mins, coz he suggested vacuum..so i did what he said..m so glad i chose him as my gynae

Thanks crystal ! have you just given birth ? congrats !

This is my first pregnancy so a bit anxious.

How much do you pay for the initial consultation charges?

Crystal cloud.. I don't hv any feeling while DR is doing the stitching as I was on epidual. To me his stitches was ok.

Alt... U can ask the nurse if is worthwhile to take the package. The nurses are very friendly. As a guideline, per visit is abt $150 or $120, can't remember the exact amt. Do note that towards the last trimester, the frequency of visit to the clinic will be higher, 2 weeks per mth n last mth will be once per week.

Thanks littlejoy.

I really hope i will go on a natural delivery. the thought of cutting my stomach is scary..but what to do..if the baby is not in the proper position.

Alt, mine is natural delivery, but stitches are unavoidable as we need to have viginal cut is little bigger for the baby to come out. Don't worry too much my dear. You are in good hands with a good gynae.

Crystal cloud... Congrats! I didnt realized you asked me the qn in mar n you hv already delivered since!

HAH?? really? even natural delivery also much have stiches at vaginal ? *sob*
Will call tomorrow morning .. hope he is available in dec !

hi alt, aft paying package, each visit is only payment for medicine..sometimes 75-100..depends on what u take lo..mine is natural delivery, so i duno for c-sect wound..anyway get yourself a binder..u will need it aft the op..

mine also like littlejoy..mine is worse..my piles are even more painful than episiotomy wound..only to find out from my gf that the episiotomy wound doc cut is near to anus, so both hurts lah..but it's seriously bearable..like very sore buttocks lah..

dun scare yourself...child birth is not that scary! ask for epidurial!! lol..kenneth is very supportive of epidurial..he even stretched my cervix from 5-7cm to fasten the labour process...he said if i werent on epidurial, i would have scream to death..hahaha

littlejoy yeah..phew finally delivered..baby 3 weeks old now..but hor, attending to baby is tough..gona give up breastfeeding too..

Crystal Cloud... i also have the same problem as you, i also had very painful piles. They are more irritating and painful than the episiotomy wound! I too had my cervix stretched by the nurse (i think Dr Kenneth asked the nurse to do so) cos i was dilating too slowly and i very much want to have natual delivery.

Don't give up breastfeeding. The initial stages are tough cos too much things to handle and the milk flow is very slow but it worth the persistance. Breastmilk very good for bb. My boy is already 15mths and i breastfed him for 9mths. My milkflow for the 1mth is also very pathetic but i kept pumping to bring in the flow.

Alt.. you can talk to Dr Kenneth nearing your delivery on your birth plan (ie whether you want c-sect, or natural, you want epidurial or not). For mine, i told him i want natural without epidurial but in the end with after 3 hours of pain i gave in to epidurial. ;p

littlejoy, yes the piles hurt! i can still remember the pain..and surprisingly, the episiotomy doesnt hurt even when i clean it with water everytime after i pass urine.

i cant manage with breastfeeding. hate the feeling of waking up with very engorged breasts and have to wake up and pump the pathetic 90ml amount. i m pumping every 3-4 hourly and tried to drag to 5 hourly but it hurts. im losing my sanity on this and is very fretful coz CL is leaving. i will be all alone with baby.

and i keep having blocked ducts! painful and irritating.

Thanks for all the info...
i really hope my pain threshold is high
sad.gif

i called the clinic today and the package is $750 from now till delivery. is that reasonable ?
i was thinking of $650 since i am now about 23weeks. =D

i made apptmt to see Dr lee in about 1 months time. do you think is good that i do the Glucose tolerance test ? When did you do the test when you were with Dr lee ?

Hi Alt.. i think the test is not mandatory unless you so signs that you might have diabetic. I did not do such test as well. Check with Dr lee when you see him.

Did you add a post delivery consultation as well? The package will come with a post delivery consultation.

Alt.. i started my package very early, maybe in my 2mth of my pregnancy.

The one that stated in the mtA website is the hosiptal charges, his charges are above and seperate from this. Meaning there is still a operation fee that you need to pay to the Dr. I cannot remember how much. Think is thousand plus. The nurse will advice nearer your delivery date.

Thanks ! seems like about the same when i compare to the fees of my current one.
Does his clinic accept credit cards?
if so, i can earn some points ;)
cos my current gynae only accept cash.

Thumbs up for Dr Kenneth Lee...

My 2nd boy was delivered by him in Jan this year..

Seen him once in 2007 and he teaches me and hubby how to increase the chance of getting pregnant and 2 mths later I was preggy with my 1st boy.. Didnt see him for 1st pregnancy as I find Mt A out of way but 2nd pregnancy I told hubby die die i wan to see him. He is very cheerful and never fail to see a smile on his face.. Same for his wife who is the PD... Both mother and child are in safe hands of this couple team..
Still remember that I m supposed to check in do deliver at night and morning he called and remind me to come.. Haha..
Will sure to go back to him if i have a 3rd one..
happy.gif

long time since i post...
went to see doc and he is quite a funny and jovial guy. at least it perk your gloomy day esp when you feel so tired and restess.

paid for the package total $600 (for about 8 sessions) though some of my frens think is quite ok, but i think i still "lugi"...cos most people start after the 3rd month but for me, i started like 2 weeks before my 3rd tri. *haha, i very cheapskate..want good, fees low, doc must be nice....* ;)

anyway,hopefully i am in safe hands !

Hi alt

Congrats on ur pregnancy... You seeing him at Marsling or MT A?
Don't worry on that cos you are assure that you and bb are in safe hands..
happy.gif

Yes, he is very funny and jovial guy who never fails to make me and hubby smile whenever in his clinic.. Even my eldest boy like him very much.. Hehe...

at Mt A.
Did you go for the GBS test ?
He said is a normal procedure to ensure no vaginal infection. is it painful ?

Hi I just went to himcto get a scan at 5 wks. Consultation and scan cost me $190. it's so ex and no medicine or other test included as I already have them. I ask the nurse what about subsequent visit and she says with scan is $150. Is it so ex ?

woah. i am not too sure cos i went to him around end 2nd trimester. (see my postings above)
what i understand is initial consultation is $180. i sign up a package the initial consultation and it fee was waived.

maybe purplewish80 or others who have gone there for initial consultation can give more details.

Hi , my wife is heading the 7th wk, we made an appt with Dr Edward Lee @marsiling women clinic . Distance factor and positive feedbacks of him is the reason we wanting him to be our gyne .

Since this is the first time, what is likely to expect,
is there anything like package etc...
is it too early for a package sign up,
what are we to expect during our first appt,
how much is the first appt .

plz we need advice on this.....

Back