Dr Douglas Ong from Bukit Panjang Plaza

i've decided on mount A. heard tat the nurses r quite gd.

i'm in my second tri now. 24 weeks. EDD on 20 Jan, expecting a princess..

hi pekochan, will check with him on that. thanks.

hi pup_pup

Congrats!
happy.gif
When did you know the sex of the bb? Did u go for the NT scan?

My hubby's fren oso recommended mount A as his wife has delivered there last year. Think most probably I'll oso be choosing there, though the distance from my home is very far far away....

hi ladies,

just to chk wif u gers, izzit all gyne clinic accept either cash or nets? y dun they accept credit cards?

not too sure why they dun accept credit cards but dr ong's clinic at bukit panjang plaza only accepts cash and nets but his Mount E clinic accepts credit card..

NT scan? dun think i went for it but i took the triple test liao. wat's NT scan for? i only listen to wat dr ong says and decide if i want the test.

i knew abt the sex last mth, i'll be going for my detailed scan this coming mon so the sex will be confirmed by then. dr ong told me that mine's most likely a girl.. think it's coz he couldn't find tat extra something? ahhaa..

haha....pup_pup...did dr ong really reply like tat to u? it's really so cute, that makes me laugh.... :D

For the triple test, what's it abt? is it oso like scaning from his machine?

triple test is drawing of blood.. he took 3 tubes.. it's to test for down's sydnrome in the BB.. it's to see if the BB's in the high or low risk category.. so, it's not scanning

he's quite experienced in drawing blood coz i'm reali scared due to a very bad experience in a ployclinic but it didn't hurt when dr ong drew it..

pup pup, thanks for ur ans...now I know better...

my next appt is still 3 weeks away, then I can do all those tests...

hi pup_pup, pekochan, durianlover and the rest...

wow! this thread is getting more crowded since my last visit in early Aug...actually wasnt so smooth last two months...was on rest in bed instruction from dr ong...so couldnt sit up to use the computer...

bookworm, terrier and yasmin...congrats!

pekochan...rem i told you abt my friend who went to see gynae to help her to conceive...actually the gynae hasnt started any test now cos he feels that she and her husband havent been hardworking enough ;p

hi gals!
haven't visited this thread in some time, glad to know it's alive!

oinkoink,
how come Dr Ong asked u to be on bed rest? hope you're better now!

pup pup,
hey who knows! we may be delivering on the same day coz my EDD's 27 Jan! Hee may see each other in Mt A coz i'm choosing Mt A too.
happy.gif

Yah i must say that Dr Ong's drawing-blood skills are pretty good coz most pple hv problems drawing blood from my mee-sua veins, but he did it perfectly well
happy.gif

Hi oinkoink,

Long time no see! What happened to you? Hope your are better now.

How long have your friend been married? I'm now on medication as I've difficulties in ouvlating.

Hi gals,
I also ask to rest in bed for 5 days, on 5 days mc. I had spotting 2 thurdays ago and he was not around. So i rushed to MT E and i must say that Constance was really assuring and kind. Gave me a job and had to take bed rest. I was so bored.

Hi oinkoink & bookworm
Hope you are okay now...

Bookworm, so are automatically u being referred to Constance (another gynae?) when Dr Ong is not around? I know this week Dr Ong is overseas for conference, I was so worried if I need to c him, how....

Hi terrier,

I happened to call Dr Ong clinic at BP yesterday, according to the nurse he is on course and if you need to see him he will be back at Mt E clinic on Sat morning.

hi pekochan

ya...long time no see...hee...me better now..thanks...my friend has been married for quite long liao..recently then started to plan for a baby...do you need to take other medicine or herb beside the medicine that dr ong gave you for ovulation?..oh. u mentioned about ttc before...whats that har?

hi durianlover and terrier

thanks...me had spotting on a few occasions...plus dr ong said my uterus is having early contractions...he worried that i may have premature delivery so asked to stay in bed...can only walk to the toilet...thats the only walking allowed...

hi bookworm

you had spotting too...were you given any medication after the jab?...take care ok...the jab is very painful right?...i always have sore backside after that...i dread having to go to dr ong every time there is spotting...but really no choice...Constance said better to come down for dr ong to see if you have spotting...ya...so bored at home...cant do anything...glad that i am back to work...but dr ong said cannot go for shopping spree...*sigh*...

terrier.

Constance is the nurse in Mt E.

I saw him last monday and can see BB's heartbeat..wow...

anyway, my next appointment is next Mon. week 8.

hi oinkoink,

ttc means trying to conceive in short
happy.gif

the medicine that dr ong gave me is metformin. I'm feeling bloated and nausea after taking it, this is the side effect. i've no appetite and i've discovered i've phobia of eating chicken,the smell of it make me want to puke, even the thought of it also make me feel nausea. I also take supplements like folic acid, EPO, vit c & e.

you are welcome terrier
happy.gif

hi gals,

Want to check if Dr. Ong has the 3D machine where we can see the baby more clearly? I saw the poster outside his clinic whereby it shows some 3D pics, so curious to know.

hi smurfy,
yes Dr Ong has that 3D machine in Mt E clinic. That's where you'll go for your detailed scan between 20-23 weeks into pregnancy and he'll even give u a picture of your baby's face!

hey gals,

how's life...i feeling so so very tired everyday....had backache and was told probaby might be my heel shoe. i am only in the 10th week.

Hi Bookworm
How come u so early login liao? Me now @ 14 weeks liao...health getting better from MS, although still get bouts of it on and off, heeheee...I just ganna once yesterday nite's dinner...

I suggest as your health gradually gets better over time, can start to do some exercise, like walking/strolling? Me started pace-walking and swimming 2 weeks ago, and it makes me feel better...

Hi Hi! I am new here in this forumn... am 5 week plus pregnant and looking for a gynae...was thinking of using Dr Ong. Does he only operate at night in his BP clinic?

Hi Sharon... Congrats!
happy.gif

Dr Ong provide consultations at his BP clinic on
- Mon, Tues, Wed and Fri night from 7-9.30pm
- Tues and Wed afternoon from 2-4.30pm

hi, I'm also new here. Introduced myself a couple of months ago when still ttc-ing. Now should be about 5 wks pregnant, so Sharon, about the same as you
happy.gif
I go to Dr Ong at Mt.E.
But I have to get a weekly jab .. ouch..
Had a history of m/c at about 5wks+ last jan, so i'm really anxious n paranoid. hope this time will be okay.

hI Mum2B

how u feeling? congrats ...
i also have weekly jab...gosh, it hurts ..
sigh....not feeling too good recently..

hi bookworm,
thanks, i'm quite okay actually, except for the occasional dull pain and mild cramping. Dr Ong said it was normal though. do u also got these feeling?
yeah, the jab hurts, but I must say Constance is doing the work quite well, v patient w/ me. Still, not really looking forward for it, sigh, this Wed must go again.
I hope you are feeling better now. Do u have a bad nausea/vomitting?

Mum2B, when your EDD? mine 21 June 06... maybe we may see each other in the same hospi 9 mths later. I have yet to see Dr Ong... this is my second preg... no symptoms at all leh except menses didnt come and 3 painful pimples above the mouth and one big one on the forehead. Hee ...did preg test 2 times to double confirm bec somehow i just dont feel preg leh. My first preg was bad... spotting at 5 wk plus and all list of other problems wh my gynae says is quite rare. I hope #2 will be better :D

i see him when i got to know that i am preggie.

Mum2B,
no , no vomitting, i just don't feel good. Nausea most of the time and headache

hi Pekochan,
I've been seeing Dr Ong since ttc-ing.

hi Tinklebell,
Umm.. i don;t know my EDD yet. When did Dr Ong advise your EDD? I saw him last week when it's still about 4 weeks n he didn't say anything about EDD. Will see him in 2 weeks time, maybe by then he will tell me, if everything's fine
328396.gif

btw in which week are u now?

Hi mum2b,

I see him as I'm ttc. How long did you take to conceive after seeing him? I'm on metformin and clomid now.

hi pekochan,
i would say this is a miracle baby! I saw him just on one cycle of clomid, which didn't succeed. then he asked us to consider iui. i was having some problems in work and want to take a rest for one cycle before doing IUI. then on this one cycle wait, my mucus suddenly improved a lot, and bam, i got pregnant! I have PCOS, and my husband was told that his count is too small. So it's really a miracle that without clomid and hcg injection, i can ovulate on my own and got pregnant. (i'm still on Met though).
for those ttc-ing i say, don't give up hope, your turn is probably soon!

terrier,
thanks.

tinkebell,
i checked your link, but it's confusing.. hehe.. anyway i search in google, and found in another link that my EDD is 22 June 2006. I also start to have many pimples, suddenly sprouting in my cheek today! arrrgg... what to do?

Mum2B, last time my grandmother taught me a method of getting rid of pimples...er ... rub garlic on affected spot.... i just remembered it.... previously it did work for me!!! maybe can try that i/o using pimple cream. i'm going to try that again!

Hi mum2b,

you are really lucky! congrats to you. for myself i've got hormone problem, i'm very upset over it. the last blood test shown that my hormone is close to menopause. did a 2nd test on monday, the clinic assistant just called she said the result is back,so i will be going down to see dr ong on mon. sigh... don't how is the result this time round?

hi pekochan,
thanks! hope your test come out better this time. sorry if you dun mind me asking, what cause your hormon to close to menopause? may i know how old r u? sorry if i'm rude, u dun have to answer me
happy.gif

tinkebell,
wow, rubbing garlic on your face? hmm.. i think i stick with my pimple cream :D
btw starting from yesterday, i felt v awful. nausea, vomitting, loss appetite n all..

Mum2B, Me too, starting the day before felt nausea on my journey to work and vomitted first time in this preg once i reached office. *Sigh* yesterday on mc and taking Maxalon. today i feel much better already. I used the garlic method, today pimple clear liao, inc the big one abv the eye.
still cannot decide which gynae to see.

hi mum2b,

I'm also wondering why, dr ong said it might be due to the testosterone level. I'm only 30 so can you imagine how I feel when dr ong review the result to me.

Hi Mum2B & tinklebell
U're starting MS liao...take care...I know it feels aweful, as I went thr this for last 1.5 months...

Take small meals, maybe porridge, more times... have yourself some light snacks, like small packets of biscuits or rasin in your bag whenever u go...u'll feel better when u eat them....it helps...

Take Care

tinklebell,
wah, the garlic method worked well huh? how did u do it, do u need to crush the clove or just peel off the skin and then rub to the pimple? i have lots of small ones, not like pimple w/ pus, but so many my face like moon surface already..
sad.gif

looks like the pimple cream didn't work.

terrier,
thanks for the suggestion. yeah, it really feel terrible, esp at night (how come they call it morning sickess when i feel it most in the evening??). this past 2 days, i always vommited after dinner. last night was the worst, had stomach ache coz constipated n feel nausea. had difficulty sleeping. sigh..
i also feel eat a little bit then full already now. btw i just ate beancurd sweet n sour salad for lunch, first time i can taste my food well!

pekochan,
i heard before that that is possible, even though you're still young. if not mistaken, try to eat organic food and non-refined food (like brown rice, whole-meal bread n pastas). at least it will be good for your health, right. during these past couple of months I also try to eat that kind of food.
don't worry, medical science is so advanced now, you will get better soon
happy.gif

haha...Mum2B...I oso dun understand why they only call it morning sickness...b'coz mine oso only happen from evening onwards...Dr Ong says that so I suffered from night sickness :p

Nowadays...I still getting bouts of it on & off...

Your appetite will gradually return when u suddenly crave for something....Nowadays...I only enjoy the food that I crave...otherwise, the other food would just taste lousy....

Hi pekochan
Don't give up...Must believe in yourself that u'll be able to conceive...

Back