Dr Douglas Ong from Bukit Panjang Plaza

hi oinkoink,
i've jus called up to check on the charges for pre-preg assessement. the nurse told me it depends.. consultation will be $80, then those blood test,scanning,pap smear will be additional charges.

hi,
hope u dun mind me joining here.. has anyone with pcos treated by dr douglas ong and managed to conceive and carry the baby full term under his care? i'm with pcos and now thinking to switch to him. so hope anyone with the same situation share with me. thanks a lot!

thks pekochan!

went to see dr ong 2 days back, hoping to see BB gender but can't see clearly, think it's a gal liao. he says can only confirm in my next visit.

hi pup_pup...congrats to you too!...my bb due date is slightly earlier than yours...16 jan...you will be delivery at mt a too?...that's great!...who knows maybe we will meet at mt a during delivery!..heehee...i havent decided on where to take the antenatal class...should be either mt a or tmc thomson medical centre...tmc has choice on either wkday or wkend...i prefer wkday eveng class..are you taking the class at mt a?..wa..can see the gender of your bb liao...dr ong scanned for me yest...but bb was in yoga position which he said difficult to scan...end up my bb gender is still unknown...nvm...i will wait until next visit!...so you prefer girl or boy?

hi pekochan...great to hear from you too!
happy.gif
...you are right...bb healthy more important ;>...ya...have been reading a few passed down maternity books...they are really informative...it also helps to talk to the people around you...they will give you advices and share with you their personal experience...think i can start collecting and write a book...hee...take how long to conceive ah?...no la...we didnt strike jackpot once we got married...we only succeed a few months later...is it consider fast?...actually my menses is irregular so i am not able to calculate my ovulation period...which makes the planning difficult...is your menses regular?...seem like dr ong is charging standard fee at $80 consultation fee at first visit even for pre-preg...i have a friend who has just seen a gynae to help them to conceive...let me find out more info first..

hi Mum2B...welcome to this thread!...sorry i cant help...but what is pcos?

welcome mum2b
happy.gif

hi oinkoink, i think that is fast... when did u got married? my cycle is oso irregular so diff the noe ovulation, but i think better to stress myself too much. i jus started ttc a few mths ago
happy.gif

hi puppup, dun worry lah.... let dr ong reveal the gender in ur nxt visit
happy.gif

Hi Gals,

Just like to know if you gals have went thru the test for screening Down Syndrome? Dr Ong mention to me that there are 2 types of test, one is ultrasound and the other one is blood test. So what test did you gals choose?

oinkoink

i'm thinking of taking antenatal at mt a.. but on second thoughts, i may not go for the class at all.. think it's better tat i duno too much of what'll happen during labour and let nature take its course.. still deciding.. hmm..

i prefer a boy whereas hubby prefer a gal, so we're taking bets. i dun have any pimples and all my frens are saying tat it'll be a gal.

taurus

dr ong told me abt the 2 tests too but he didn't let me choose. he'll be drawing the blood for me next visit for the triple test. so scary but no choice. maybe drawing blood is more accurate?

mum2b

hi! i duno what's pcos too, sori!

hi, went to dr ong clinic last nite, anyone was there too? waited almost an hr for my turn. dr ong looked tired, must be after a long day at mt e clinic.

nope, my appt's 2 weeks later. i went to the clinic 2 times and i've not seen many pple yet. maybe i'm lucy, dun have to wait long.

hi oinkoink & puppup,
i'm also under Dr Ong and due in Jan 06! Chose Mt A too. Perhaps we'll all meet in hospital?
happy.gif
cheers!

hi bookworm,sorry the thread was quiet so i din come in often. i've not gone for the test yet cos my AF not arrived yet. how abt you, u oso under dr ong?

hi pekochan,

I went there last night for confirmation of my preggie.
I find him very caring and patient. As i had 2 m/c before under another gynae, he was extremely cautious.Put me on pills and i will be seeing him again this friday.

anyone with him?

durianlover (durianlover)

can share share ur package of how much it cost ? i think i will stick with doc ong, i find him very experience and he knows his stuff.

Hi bookworm,
CONGRATS!
I remember seeing you frm the ttc thread.

How many weeks are you?

I heard from MT E clinic, its 1500. 1st installment of 750 to be paid 3 months into preggie. Inclusive of consultation and delivery charges. Also will throw in a 3-d scan free worth 250. Hope this helps. When is your edd?

hi yasmin,

thanks. Yap I was from there, had 2 m/c , now i am preggie again. I decided to change my gynae and now I am 4 weeks , went for a check up last night and was given pills. did a blood test last night and going back again this friday for another blood test.

yasmin, how are u? good news?

Hi Yup. Tested +ve too.
LMP is 11 aug. I also had 2 m/c. My D&C was done by Dr Ong. Now preggie back to him.
I also did a blood test on Tues and another today at Mt E clinic. very scared leh....

I was also given jab on Monday and am on Duphaston and metformin. What abt you?

congrats to bookworm & yasmine!
happy.gif

as for Dr Ong's package, think bookworm has more or less described it! Bear in mind that it doesn't include the cost of vitamins, additional tests/jabs, nor the detailed scan. Yup and all this might add up to quite a bit! i think there are some MTBs in other threads who mentioned that Dr Ong's package is a little pricey. But personally i'm comfortable with him coz i feel he's a v cautious gynae - prefers to play safe than take risks. And explains things clearly. So i stuck with him
happy.gif

Thanks durianlover. I agree he is pricy. But as long as I can give birth to a healthy baby, I'm ok. Just have to tighten the belt on other indulgence.
happy.gif

Bookworm - how much did your blood test cost yesterday? I had a jab to support/stablise the preggie. It hurts!

yasmin,
congrats. but what is LMP means?
last night cost me $263.55. I rejected the injection. i am not ready for it. He gave me Duphaston to take, going back to him on friday for another blood test,maybe have to inject liao. then monday again.
It must be painful , the blood test is bad enough. I am not a needle person.

pekochan,
u will be the next one to get preggie!We wait for u here ok?

durianlover (durianlover)
thanks.
I also intending to go over to Mt A.

congrats bookworm & yasmin

i was there on yest too at abt 7+.
waitg 4 bb to arrive anytime but doc ong said if still hvnt arrived over e wkend, will induce next wed...sigh...

i'm comfortable w doc ong over e past 9mths & finds tt he really has a passion 4 his job.

his package of 1.5k already include delivery fee. some gynae's package exclude delivery so u hv to pay another amt for doc's delivery charge. find his package reasonable as i compared to others. u hv to pay extra 4 all other items like detail scan, external blood test, swap test, medication etc which is similar for all other gynae.for my case which is a simple & st. 4w pregancy, e additional wld come up to $1k bcos e package only commences in 4th wk. for more complicated cases like those w M/C, think u'll pay slightly more for more tests & more medications...hope this helps

Hi Ladies,

Can I join in too? I'm now at 9 wks preggie..I have 2 visits with Dr Ong at BP already, but no blood tests done yet.
Bookworm, May I know what is it testing for?

pinkcitron (pinkcitron)
do u have the package details? I like Doc ong alot but then he seems quite pricy. I think i might choose mt A.

terrier (terrier)
welcome, the more, the merrier.
Oh different case, i had a bad history of 2 miscarriages, so i see him quite often. Had to take 2 blood tests. He wanted to be very sure as i was not under him previously. So when i tested positive, i went to him without delay.
I find him very cautious and take no risk abt my situation. In fact, I feel very safe with him.
Is this ur first child?
pekochan, u seen him already?

yasmin, i took the 2nd blood test, cost me $97 plus..
anyway I am seeing him again on Monday for the test result and i might have to take an injection this monday. gosh.
anyone had to take the injection?

Hi bookworm, My results came on sat. And it is good according to Jenny frm BP clinic.

CONGRATS Terrier!

Wow pinkcitron, going to pop soon! Very exciting. Hmmmmm.....might have already delivered.
happy.gif
Got a question for you, your package started at wk 4 of preggie? or 4 mth of preggie?

hi bookworm,

yes, i'm oredi seeing dr ong. my AF is not regular, in the sense the CD is all in a mess. i went to c dr ong to do a v-scan he said no cyst n fabroid found. he ask me to go back to do a blood test for my hormone when AF arrive. i want to make an appt tonite as my AF arrived on sat nite oredi.

Hi bookworm & yasmin

Ya, this is my first pregnancy... My next appt is scheduled in Oct, where they would then introduce the package to me... and oso I have to decide whether to do those extra tests or not...

Hi gals,
went for my test results last night, everything is fine except that i am not producing enough hormones.He suspected that, that may be the reason why i m/c twice. So i have to take jab every week, gosh. On top of that had to take pills everyday.He saw my cramp face and nearly laugh.Nice chap.I am glad i had a change of gynae.
Hey i think the nurses there are really friendly and nice too

terrier,
how many weeks are you. I think their package starts at 14 th week.

hi bookworm,
wow u so early wake up ar? i was at the clinic last evening too. wat time were u there? i was there ard 8+ dun noe got c u or not
happy.gif

Hi bookworm

I am now in 10 weeks...in midst of morning sickness roller coaster period, though mine is at night....
sad.gif

hi bookworm,
oic it was not so crowded that day. he gave me clomid as he suspect im not ovulating properly. I will hv to go back end of the month to do a scan to see if there is egg.

hi terrier,
maybe u can try taking chicken essence. my fren took this during her pregnacy and she say after drinking it every morning she dun feel tired liao.

congrats all! din come in for some time..glad to see this thread alive..

durianlover, i'm actuali in the Jan 2006 thread too though i dun reali contribute.

will be going for my detailed scan next mon.. so excited to see BB's features for the first time.

i agree tat dr ong is quite patient and warm.. he even tease me abt the gender of the BB.. he's quite humourous lah

terrier, try not to lie down immediately after meals, u shd feel better. eat more meals but frequently..

wow, so many gals with him.

pup_pup,
have u decided which hopsital to go to?
How many weeks or mths are u in now?

Thanks pekochan, but now still in 1st trimester, not sure can start to take all these bu or not...

pup_pup, thanks. So now u are at end of 2nd trimester? How r u feeling nowadays?

bookworm, for the sake of bb, must be brave
happy.gif

hi terrier,
according to my fren she took everyday during her 1st trimester. she said during this period of time you will feel sleepy and tired. she felt much better after taking it. perhaps u can oso check wif dr ong if u can take the chicken of essence.

Back