Dr Caroline Khi from TMC

Hi Brenda
Congrats!
My gynae was Dr Caroline Khi when she's in kkh last year.
She is a friendly & cheerful gynae.
happy.gif

May I know what info do u need so that I can adv you.

Dr Caroline Khi delivered my 2 kids, and both times the experience was excellent! I find her to be very caring and helpful when answering my doubts. I had miscarriage before, so of course very anxious when pregnant, but she was reassuring and helped me with all my worries, and patiently answered all my dumb questions.
I have recommended her to 3 of my frens so far, and they all have no regret.
Your fren made you a gd recommendation!

Thank you.
cutecute, i was thinking of seeing her for my pregnancy.are her charges expensive?
nicci, wow, all 4 of you and your friends seeing her? You sound very happy with her service. I am very inspired now to see her.

I'm not sure abt her charges cos that time my delivery, she is in KKH, now she is in TMC. I dun think is expensive, can call her clinic to check.

Brenda, her package is $498,include unlimited visits, scans, urine tests.
As for delivery, I stayed in 4-bedded. Only paid $500+ cash after medisave.
Overall, very reasonable liao! and cheaper than KKH.

Hi! Am glad to have found this forum. I was looking for Dr Khi for my 2nd pregnancy but did not know where she was. She delivered my 1st one in KK and it was a really nice experience. But when I went back to KK this time, the nurses refused to tell me where she went. They suggested another gynae who is quite nice, but i have to wait almost 2 hours just to see her for 10mins! Not to mention have to queue for the scan and then again at the pharmacy. Can anyone give me Dr Khi's clinic number? Would definitely like to see Dr Khi instead.

Hi Mylene! Tks 4 the info! Have already seen Dr Khi this week. Her new clinic is so much nicer than the one in KK. And there's was hardly any waiting time! Best part was the scan in the same room, no need to double queue. Daddy can also see BB at the same time! And she spent a long time checking me and BB and patiently answered all my questions. I didn't feel rushed at all unlike those 10 minute sessions in KK. Am so glad I made the switch. Dr Khi delivered you too? In TMC?

Hi everyone. Thanks for the advice. I have already seen Dr Caroline Khi.
You are right: She is so gentle and concerned for me. Not only is she knowledgeable, she also give advice readily.I really feel confidence in her hands and am very happy I have chosen her to look after me.

Hi Irene!! I delivered my baby girl @ TMC with Dr Khi too... She so sweet and nice! Her charges are resonable in private setting i should say... If U are her ex KK pt, think its like $58? Can't remember so well coz throw away all the receipts... But her package i think its consider cheap for a good gynae like her...Like wat Nicci mentioned above, Only $498 w/o GST from 20wks which make up like 8 - 10 visits to EDD and its like $50 per visit which include her consultation, scan and the urine test. Worth it right? She also have package starting from 12wks. And her skill i should say i am very satisfied.... U can call her nurse Hazel @ 63532033 to ask her and she can help u with all ur questions...Good luck irene and all the girls out there... U will like her! Cheers...

Hi I was recommended to visit Dr Caroline Khi too.
After reading all your good comments I shd have no worries. Will be booking an appt tml.
Glad i found this thread.

Hi All,

I have visited Dr Khi. She is very friendly and warm.She even came out to show us into the room.Very warm. She's good.

Hi All,

I find Dr Caroline Khi very friendly and helpful. She can under my kan cheong about my first pregnancy and tried her best to help me with my doubt. She is so gentle and concerned for me. She is knowledgeable, she gives alot of advice.I really feel confidence in her care. That day i got abdominal pain and she very good wait for me till 6.30pm after my work (cos i cant get away from my work during office hours), and do a throughout check for me. As all the assistant already left and the cashier machine already closed, so she asked me to pay in my next visit. That time i havent sign up package and she doesnt worry i wont come again and pay for the fee. Everytime i have any queries i will send email to ask her and she is very help to answer all my queries. Previously i use differin and some skin care products for my skin and worry it may cause birth defeat for using it, she help me to check and search for medical report on the differin effect on pregnancy. She also give me alot of pregancy milk sample to take home during my first visit and give me a copy of the scan in every visit. My hubby like her very much also. Basically, i find her very helpful and concern abt all her patient. I highly recommended her. I am totally comfortable with her.

Caroline is my ex NJC and medical school
Very nice very sweet very pretty
Glad that you people have positive experiences

hi all,

My gynae is Dr. Caroline too. So far had visited her 3 times. She is really nice, cheerful and helpful.

Her stitching skills are good, heal veri fast and no pain at all. The nurse was so surprised i already walking normally on the same day i deliver.

Hi all

Can someone who has given birth at TMC recently and delivered by Dr Caroline tell me roughly how much in total does it cost to deliver there? I am considering engaging Dr Caroline but scared that the cost will be too high.

Thanks

Hi. This will be my second pregnancy. I lost my baby at 8th weeks during my first pregnancy. My gynae then was Dr shamini @ KKH. A nice lady but I felt she could have done more in terms of advice and assurance during my few weeks of misery while waiting anxiously if my fetus is doing well or not...
This time, I am thinking of going to a private gynae. After reading thru your postages, I'll go for Dr Caroline Khi.
This 2nd pregnancy of mine is off with an alarming start as a week ago, I came down with chicken pox. I'm already 2 weeks late and on Sunday, I was tested positve.
I'm very worried for my little one. Any advice?
Hope Dr Caroline Khi will do a good job for me..

Hi nurhafizah,
hope u are doing ok now. i have not seen dr. caroline khi yet and will be seeing her next month for a pap smear. decided to see her after reading the post here and also some of my friends who recommended her.

not sure abt chicken pox during first trimester. i had chicken pox during the 2nd trimester and baby is ok. i think for your case shld be ok cos you developed chicken pox before you knew you were pregnant. if sun you tested positive meaning that you are 4 weeks plus now. so the chicken pox u had was before that so i think its ok

but do drop by her clinic to check it out. maybe she can advise u. cheers and good luck!

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this thread. Decided to consult Dr Khi after reading you comments. I must say, I came back home feeling better and I really had no regrets visiting her today.

I went to see her as my menses have recently become irregular recently. Praying to conceive this year but the resutls were negative when I tested using the pregnancy kit this morning. So decided to consult her to find out if there is anything wrong with me.

Indeed, after seeing her, I felt much relieved. She answered all my queries with patience. I felt very comfortable talking to her.

I fully agree with all the positive comments from everyone here. She is really a very pleasant and wonderful lady.

I will definitely consider taking her as my gynae when I conceive!

I've checked with her last visit (sat), and her delivery charges for normal varginal delivery is $738, if assisted delivery will b another $300, if Caecerean another $300. Per day visit after delivery is $100. Not too sure about the rest? i'm also worry about the bill size at TMC, still thinking want to change hosp o not..and somemore dun 4get about the baby package also, there're be another PD attending ur babe too & the charges'll be different again.

Hi Belle,

Glad to see you here too.. This thread moves quite slow so your queries may not be answered that quickly. Maybe u can call up the nurse and ask? Their no. is 6353 2033. They are very freindly and very willing to answer queries wan.

They are open til 2 tml too. So u can call tml n ask too.

As far as I know, I think 1st time consultation is $80 and pre-natal packages start from wk 20 onwards, if I'm not wrong.

Hi Belle,
Actually they've 2 prenatal consultation, 1st is about week 12 above ($598)b4 GST. 2nd is about week 20 onwards, but not sure about the price. And it's unlimited visit.

Hi Tupai

thanks for the info. Besides consultation, does the package include all the scans, blood test, urine test etc?

hi all..
I went to Dr Khi yesterday to confirm my preg..
must say that Hubby n I like her alot!

This is my first time seeing a Doc stepping out of her room to the reception to welcome and invite you into her room. i'm so impressed!

she is so patient with me as a first-timer.. as can't detect heart beat thru abdo-scan.. i request for her to do another v-scan for me and she readily agreed!

She spent time going through food diet, type of exercise, wat to expect throughout this pregnancy.. and i spent 30 min in her room. eventhough there were alot of patient waiting.

best of all.. she remembered my hubby's name when i intro to her.. and keep calling his name when asked him to walk over to look at the scan.

we decided to stick with her since her charges are reasonable at TMC..

Hi Mindy,

do you happen to know if Dr Khi do preconception check up and SA? Does she have other clinics elsewhere? Pls help

Hi Belle,

Sorry for the delay to reply you, din check forum q sometime.

I started my package on my 12weeks,ie.$598(b4 GST)including consultation, nor scan & urine test.

About experience wif her, so far so good but wat i'm not happy wif is the waiting time, i remember there's one time i've been waited for nearly 2hrs, last 2visits also waited about 1hr. Then I verify wif the staff Hazel how they allocate the patient, she said 1st come 1st serve, i feel it's unfair lo if my appt is fixed on 10am, then the 10.15am patient came earlier then me, they'll put her in 1st even if i'm on time and while both of us still waiting for the current patient to be finished.

So be prepared on this
happy.gif

yeah i find the waiting time quite tedious too...
however that was my first visit so will have to review again on the 2nd visit.

hi all

need advice from all of u, Dr Caroline Khi have a clinic at Teck Whye! Anyone knows which day and time she is there? Do I have to make an appointment with her?

Hi ladies,

I'm new here. Heard a lot of good things about Dr Khi. Is she still the same? Any comments?

Hi Phy, i am with Dr Khi now, she is very nice lady. Patient and takes times to explain and listen to you. Detailed. Will recommend her .

hi greybearie

did u deliver naturally? With epidural? Was the stitching good and the epidural painful?

Did Dr Khi arrive soon?

pls share more thanks!

belle,

i delivered naturally with epidural & forceps.. :p

i can't feel a thing during stitching coz i was on epidural. Haha.. but after de epdiural wears off.. its painful! hee.. but its normal.. my stithes are okay liao.. no more pain pain..

i was admitted at 9am.. she arrived shortly.. and she pop by twice in between.. the nurse informed her to come at ard 5pm (when i was fully dilate) and she was with mi all the way till nearly 8pm.. :p

very encouraging lady.. will still see her for my 2nd kid (dunno when)..
happy.gif

But Im not so lucky. Strongly not recommend her........ (But if you think you are so lucky and your baby is also so lucky then you can look for her) What I can only say is if you have money for her to earn she will talk to you very friendly. But after that if you got any problem she will only say you are so unlucky. Hubby and I feel that she is a very .. doctor overall.
we are unlucky to have two missed abortion this is why we need the doctor help..

I have one missed abortion on year 2005 and one on year 2006 in kkh.

Dr Caroline who was recommended by my friend. My friend told me that she is a friendly & cheerful gynae so we went to see her.

First visit she is very friendly & cheerful and I told her that I wish to get preg..So I ask her what is her advice, so that I'll not have my 3rd abortion. I ask her if I can try ICSI. She told me yes.
(On my first visit I spent about $126.11 on consulatation,dydrogesterone,clomiphene & urine pregnancy)

2nd visit she is also very friendly & cheerful. And I bought puregon & injection pen package from her. She teaches me how to use the injection pen. So that I can inject the medicine myself everyday. She asks me to inject 50mm of medicine.
(I spent about $491.40 on follow-up consultation and puregon & injection pen package)

3rd visit I bought the puregon & injection pen package again it was because I need more medician I have to increase 50mm to 100mm.
(I spent about $480.90 on follow-up consultation and puregon & injection pen package)

4th visit she ask me to use ovulation test kit everyday till the line turn darker color. When the line turn darker then is the time to inject the sperm in.
(Spent about $ 86.10)

5th visit she do the ultrasound scan for me the same as the last few visit. She told me that is still not the right time yet to inject the sperm in yet. So we still have to wait for a few more days.
(Spent about $39.90)

6th visit she do the scan for me and she tell me is about time to inject the sperm in. she tell me to continue to check the ovulation test kit. When the liner turn darker then gave her a call. I ask what if the liner turn darker on the holiday what should I do she just then take it as you are so unlucky cos we are not open on that holiday.
(Spent about $39.90)

I ask her I have inject the medication for so many days now then u ask me to try ourself. And she tell me this (YOU ARE SO UNLUCKY THAT IT FALL ON A HOLIDAY) Then what is the point for me to inject the medicine everyday. Im so angry at that time but I didnt scold her it was because she is preg now. We feel that if you are profession enough you should know what u should do not what we should ask you to do then you do. After the last visit she told me that you must inject the medication everyday on the same time. I told her what you are telling me is all too late it was because I cannot turn the time back.

but i think other gynae will also not be able to do anything if it falls on a holiday too. Unless you are saying other gynaes will be able to turn up on holiday?

which means that she is the same as any other gynae in terms of not providing services on holidays.

My friend who went for some fertility treatment by taking some drugs for ovulation also told me her gynae said if the egg is released on holiday, then clinic is closed, then got to try the next cycle. so really depends on luck.

Can understand ur feelings of pain and frustration because fertility treatments are so expensive. Hope u managed to avoid this problem and conceive soon and smooth pregnancy.

Hi All,

I was with Dr Caroline for my 1st pregnancy (2003), everything went nicely as she is a very friendly lady. But my daughter was not delivered by her in the end as it was during SARS period & was told on the day of the delivery that she is not on duty on that day & delivery was done by the so called on duty doc.. Haiz.. I can only say that KKH will not reveal you her contact no in case of emergency...

Since she is not in KKH now, there might be some changes.. so cant comment.

My 2nd pregnancy (2005) was with Dr Adrian (TMC) as Dr Caroline had left KKH & I dunno where she went at that time. My experience with Dr Adrian is really good. He'll be there for u if u hv any problem even on weekends or public holiday. He'll give u a no that will divert to his hp so u can also find him even during holiday.

Back