Do ur own small business - selling stuff online

where to get your stuff
-> Do it yourself
-> US -> sale times
-> China market

Where to sell your stuff
-> Singaporemotherhood forum :p
-> facebook ?
-> those "small boxes" shops in shopping center ?

etc....

Anyone interested to know come together to share how to sell your stuff, start your small business ?
It could be
things that you craft
things that you stock up too much
things that you so much wanted to bring to mummies like you
things that you will like to share cos the price outside is simply too expensive ?
a lot a lot more

Do put your email here if you are interested :)

leling, u need to be approved by admin to be able to post in WTS thread.
i sell through facebook and carousel. not in those 'small boxes' aka toy outpost etc.. cos that one need pay rental.
i get my instocks from china market. i personally find DIY very time consuming as i have 3 kiddos so no time for that. althought i think it is good to DIY cos it will be unique and cant get from outside. :)

Hi blurybear, sorry I new to this. How to get admin approval ? Can provide me the steps . Thanks so much.

they will auto inform you when you are eligible to post in that thread. it took me 3 yrs before it was approved.

Facebook and carousel are some ways..
but not sure sales ok?

The motherhood forum seem slow.
Think now people buy thru facebook...

-way thru
Facebook
Carousel
Forum
Toy rentals box. From $80 to $130 per mth but has to pay 8%-10% commission.
Please add on...

yes i agree. facebook is faster.
the link u provided need to pay a fee to sell, if you can post in 'want to sell' thread then no need pay.
so far carousel is also ok for me.
i find that we are already 'earning' so little from these online biz, no point paying a fee to sell. it will only decrease our profits.

i used to create a page. after that i find very troublesome. need to maintain alot of things. so i just create a album and name it 'for sale'...
then share the albums to the groups that i am in.
for carousel, just post and if ppl keen to buy they will PM you.

Blurybear, I new to this but very keen cos I trying to move towards work from home job based . I am a Tupperware member n thinking of selling the products there.

leling, i am also a tupperware member. but i find very competitive.. hard to sell. tupperware got policy in selling. we cannot create fb to sell etc.. but of cos still alot of ppl are doing that lah.
carousel also selling tupperware. this forum also alot selling. that's what i feel.

Hi hi

Mi got stationary from taobao to sell.
Cos if can't sell, my kids can use also I can give as gift

Source:-
-DIY
-China market,small any can use agent or if u know Chinese can buy direct.
-recycle product

Sell thru
-Facebook
-carousel
-forum
-toy rental box in shopping center.
-gumtree
-qoo10

Almost forgot the most popular one qoo10

Hi

-DIY
Takes a lot time but unique.
Depend on your target group
If selling to single or those that appreciate art/personalized/different..should be ok
If selling to mummies..haha maybe only big big occasion they buy unique/personalized stuff..
Otherwise buy off shelf serve them better.

China market
A good source but too many products must know what to buy..
Can get cheap and good things to sell..first must decide the target market/item to sell

Recycle
I always thoughts kid book are a good avenue cos unless one want to keep the book.
Otherwise after buying and reading and keeping..kids will outgrown..
But I not sure this market good a not.

Haha Anymore mummies who has that bit bit of "entrepreneurs " like us

i buy items from taobao direct to sell too.
bags, pouchs, lanyards etc..
i usually sell in fb, carousel & forum.
i have check qoo10 before. is it true that you do not get paid until the customer acknowledge that they have receive the item??

Hi blurybear, i think is true. I have been buying things from Qoo10. There was once the seller msged me to acknowledge receipt of goods, if not Qoo10 will not pay her. And, Qoo10 also charge certain amount as transaction/admin fee.

Can i check how u buy things from taobao? I ever tried once but nv get the things. Then forum got one BP organiser, helping ppl to buy things from taobao told me that taobao does not ship overseas, only within China. Can teach me?

yes that is why i never sell in qoo10.. lol
u need to register a account for taobao.
i buy direct using taobao appointed forwarder, send to my house direct via speedpost.
if buy using agent then need to pay agent fees. not worth.

Hi

I bought via agent too.
Paid about 8% rate. But then quite ok because they check/pack/work with china seller on ur behalf. It saved u a lot of times if one dun cant read chinese well.

using forwarder..
There are a few type..
Agent like 65daigou, peeka
They have shipforu service, meaning u buy & pay urself and ship to their warehouse.for this service you are not charge agent fee, only shipment fee. .
For company like klicksend or oops.sg
They also provide such service but then u need to ship a big box. That is fill up a 1 cbm.
I dun know much details... u got to check out their website.

I can help to buy via daigou if u need help.

Sometime i sell in forum
But i notice sale not v good... i wondered where the ppl go and buy
Thinking of selling in those small box in shopping center

forum is slow response. facebook faster. and usually ppl go for instock.
i sell thru facebook and carousel. you can get PM via hp. so its easier. forum need to wait for ppl to login.
some times at given acc for them to trf still wait another few days. i usually tell my customers trf within 24 hrs no reservation. taobao has alot of stuff, u can get instock there to sell. i got my instocks from taobao.

contentedmum, you buy thru daigou got 8% agent fees leh. and need to collect at their collection point. i buy direct from taobao, no agent fee and ship direct to my doorstep. hassle-free. hehehe...

By the way, how do you sell thru facebook? You mentioned you created an album, so you just put all the items and price in the album, then upload it? So only those friends in the list will get to see your album? Or, as long as you upload it, everybody will get to see it? How do you reach out to others that not in your friend list?

yes, i just upload to a album and indicate the price and details on each pic. all the friends in fb list can see it. to reach out to others, u just 'share' the album in the fb groups that u are in. then those not in your friends list but are in the fb group can see your album

Hi burybear

My chinese no good..i cant really read Chinese.
I paste url in daigou..and the rest r in eng haha..
Easier foe mi...i buy light light small stuff..so still not so bad...
Collection has one a few blocks from my home..not so bad...

I got a idea for u...u can help ppl to buy and charge 2-3% haha

google chrome can translate to english. u should try.. i see malays also buying direct from taobao..
lol.. i got sell polymailers lah if any mummies need for your online business i can sell to u all. :)
help to buy very troublesome, later item come spoilt etc, need help to do refund...

Haha

If i need. .i will buy from u.

Ya..act as agent no easy too unless order is high

Any entrprenure mummies to share their experiences

Where has a good platform for mummies like us
- allow mummies to sell/buy goods
- group buy for seller at nominal price
- sharing of good buys
Etc

Morning!
Not v sure... if selling thru fb sale r good.
So far haven't try..though tempted as there doesn't seem to be a better way to do online..

I sell thru fb cos i think response is faster.. Forum is very slow. Some times enquire already then give acc to trf but a few days no response. Then i have other ppl in fb keen on the item, so need to tell reserved. Then worst of all, if forum the mummy some times MIA or last min say dont want already.. Then will be like.... So i prefer to sell on fb.

Blurybear,
What u said quite true...people are constantly on facebook indeed

updates!
-DIY
-recycle product

Sell thru
-Facebook (free)-
advantage
1.people always on facebook.

-carousel (free)
-forum ($$)
Disadvantage
1.slower response.

-toy rental box in shopping center.($$)
advantage
1.bigger market
Disadvantage
1. Rental+commission

-gumtree (free)
-q0010 ($$)

Anymore mummies to join us in discussion.
Share ways to become a "online" entrepreneur mummies

Hi, i am interested, can add me in the discussion?
Blurybear,
What u said quite true...people are constantly on facebook indeed

updates!
-DIY
-recycle product

Sell thru
-Facebook (free)-
advantage
1.people always on facebook.

-carousel (free)
-forum ($$)
Disadvantage
1.slower response.

-toy rental box in shopping center.($$)
advantage
1.bigger market
Disadvantage
1. Rental+commission

-gumtree (free)
-q0010 ($$)

Anymore mummies to join us in discussion.
Share ways to become a "online" entrepreneur mummies

hi, i am interested to join in discussion. can add me?

Screenshot_2015-06-22-22-05-34.png
Some info

Back