Direct hire maid from Indo - anyone did it recently?

sinnyy

I have my old helper who is keen to work for me again only that I feel there are many steps to direct hire. Anyone knows the exact steps and procedure to doing so?

Same case so I went to 1 agent but not paying the huge sum and get the documents done and my maid has to come in from Batam during that time. I heard its easier or something. Did send her some DHL documents for her to come in smoothly.

Actually direct hire is very easy.
Recently I got a fresh maid from Indonesia thru maid supplier.
No agency fees, maid loan about 4-5months only.
But all application and medical at Singapore side you have to do yourself.
Also very simple. Online application and insurance policy takes few days to a week only.
I save a lot on agency fees, and get to choose and interview the maids myself.

Last edited:
Recently I got a fresh maid from Indonesia thru batam maid agency.
Also very simple. Online application and insurance policy takes few days to a week only.
hi

can you share how you do? which batam agency?
thanks.

Recently I got a fresh maid from Indonesia thru batam maid agency.
Hi hippo, may I have the contact of the agency ?
Did you interview her in person , on online ?

Hi hippo, may I have the contact of the agency ?
Did you interview her in person , on online ?

They are not from any agency in Singapore. They are maid supplier. Think the local agency will normally get the maids from these maid supplier. I interview her thru whatapps video call.

I get my helper via direct. Easier. Once I have her details, login to MOM and apply. Dont forget to buy the insurance first.

I remember, i only did below

1. complete the first timer course for hiring helper.
2. buy insurance / medical checkup
3. apply online
4. wait for approval
5. once approved get her in
6. start levy

:)

I get my helper via direct. Easier. Once I have her details, login to MOM and apply. Dont forget to buy the insurance first.

3. apply online
4. wait for approval
6. start levy

3. apply online
4. wait for approval
6. start levy

DoubleQ, may I ask if your helper faced any issues at the Indonesia immigration? I have ppl telling me to buy the helper return ticket to avoid issues. Some even said the officer asked for bribes. Is that true? Thank You!

3. apply online
4. wait for approval
6. start levy

3. apply online
4. wait for approval
6. start levy

DoubleQ, may I ask if your helper faced any issues at the Indonesia immigration? I have ppl telling me to buy the helper return ticket to avoid issues. Some even said the officer asked for bribes. Is that true? Thank You!

Hi, Sorry for the late reply. I've heard of that too. So far mine nope.

So, based on the info from DoubleQ and Cysts, we get them to fly over with a one way ticket . And they don't have to come via Batam.
Thanks both of you for the info.
I will be looking for a maid next year.

Btw, someone told me that at Jakarta airport, they have to grease some palms . But other airports are ok.

So, based on the info from DoubleQ and Cysts, we get them to fly over with a one way ticket . And they don't have to come via Batam.
Thanks both of you for the info.
I will be looking for a maid next year.

Btw, someone told me that at Jakarta airport, they have to grease some palms . But other airports are ok.
Hi,

Play safe, get them go by Batam. My helper said not all are lucky. Some give $$ to get out. Its risky..

Hi, Play safe, get them go by Batam. My helper said not all are lucky. Some give $$ to get out. Its risky..

My bro's helper was from Malang. We got the help from Batam Agency. Depending on where your helper is, some may be required to travel to Batam, for ours, the Agency picked her up from her house and send her to the airport. He even send a picture of the helper at the airport. No payment is required until our helper reached Spore safely and he sent us an invoice. It costs SGD500. We just need to make sure we have all the documents from MOM and passed it to the Agency. I paid him via DBS remittance, which took 1 day for him to rec the money. To be honest, we were skeptical of the agency initially but thank God all goes well. You can google the website if you are interested. Its not those very "fancinful" kind of website but yeah, the guy I liaised with, Guntur, was very fast in all his whatsapp reply.

Oh ya one more thing, the helper was not tied to any kind of loan in this arrangement and the 500 sgd includes the air ticket.

My bro's helper was a returned maid and already have a passport so we did not insist that she do any medical test. Only when she arrived in SG, we arranged for the usual medical tests.

Back