Delivery at Mount Alvernia

They provide basic items like toiletries, towels and bb wear. You have to bring your own pajamas/nightgown/clothing. Prior to your admission, the hospital will send you a list of items to bring so you can just follow accordingly.

I love Mt A for their good service, experienced and kind nurses and of course not forgetting the yummy confinement catering.

All the best!

Karen

hi,

may i find out what's the total cost of delivery with doc's fees, gasman, baby doc in mt A?

there are so many hidden costs that the nurse told me abt that I have my doubts now...

Somebody8282,

will it be convenient to share ur bill breakdown... Cause I'm really clueless hw all the bills are added up as I'm a first time mum... 6k for 4 bedded is alot diff fm hospital bill size published...

I paid about 3k cash for 1 bedded, natural birth w/o epidural, but mummy & bb stay 1 extra night cos bb has jaundice and need to do the tanning treatment and also include daddy staying over every night (3 nights). fee based on april 2010.

service was excellent when i was there & the staff in the delivery ward during my labour was superb! Am gg back there in june for #2.

Hi somebody8282, jus to ask, does d hospital provide hospital wear for the patients during their stay?

Hi somebody, thank u. My edd is today n decided to go for induction as there as there is no natural symptoms. Want to go for natural birth n dun wan to wait beyond due date as bb is three plus kg alr.

Hi Cel,

Congrads!!! Will be seeing ur bb shortly...

What a nice birthday for bb too great to remember too...

Hi Cel,

Congrats! think you must be too busy with your newborn baby. Hope you can come back soon and share your experience with us!

Hi everyone. I'm a first time mom to a beautiful baby boy. I just wanted to ask your experiences or if you can give me any advice coz my two month old baby haven't pooped in 5 days.... We just went to the doctor and he gave us suppositories, thanks guys! =)

Is he a breastfed baby? If so, you don't have to worry, when its time to come, it comes [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Breast milk is easily absorbed so most likely, like what doctors told me, everything has been absorbed into the system, so nothing out.

Its a very common 'problem' so don't worry.

Yah...i remember mine, who is a fully breastfed baby, did not poop for 7 days. And guess what when he did it, it was a mega one. leak through the diaper and dripping onto floor. So don't worry, like what joy luck club say, when its time, it will comes.

thanks alot mummies for sharing...

But i am worried about the exploding bill because most likely ill be going for 1 bedded c sec..

someone posted about paying $6K and that scares me...

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Somebody... your bill includes amount payable to your own gynae too?

Joanne - Can help to advice ur bill size and cash portion which u paid... Im also planning 1 bedded c-sec and gyane c-sec fee also 2k...

Hii Lynn ,

My bill as follows:

LSCS Delivery with Epidural (Mother) 1hr (3 days) - 4B ---- $1073

Ds/15/A Bed Charges @ $190 for 2 days ------------------------- $380

OL/323/b bed charges @$200 for 3days --------------- $600.00

Clinical Consumable & Supply -------------------------- $317.30

Equipment Usage ------------------------------------------- $74.00

F & b services (non claim) -------------------------------- $7.50

Facility fee ------------------------/-------------------------- $132.00

Laboratory Services ---------------------------------------- $185.75

Nursing services -------------------------------------------- $150.00

Operating Theatre ------------------------------------------ $190.00

Pharmacy ---------------------------------------------------- $447.35

Physiotheraphy --------------------------------------------- $24.00

DBS / Posb card promo ------/--------------------------- -$111.30

Surgical Gas/Drugs ---------------------------------------- $150.00

Total hospital bill ------------------------------------------ $3469.60

Gst 7% ------------------------------------------------------ $242.87

Doctor Charges

Doctor Attendance Fee ----------- $856

Doctor Operating Fee ------------- $2675

Total --------------------------------- $3531

Doctor operation Fee ------------------- $500

Total doctor ---------------------------- $4031

Doctor Operation Fee (Antiseptic Doctor) -------- $4031

Grand total for mother $7743.47

Hospital Charges for Baby

Baby Package ------------------------------------- $298

Nicu / mc2b /h bed charges @$345 for 1 day $345

Nursery Bed Charges @ $85 for 1 days ------ $85

Ol/oln/c bed charges @ $85 for 2days -------- $170

Clinical Consumable & Supply ------------------ $282.16

Diagnostic Imaging Services -------------------- $63

Laboratory Services ------------------------------ $336.55

Nursing services ---------------------------------- $75

Outside hospital services ------------------------ $110

Pharmacy ------------------------------------------ $83.15

Phototherapy --------------------------------------- $70

Total plus GST ------------------------------------ $2052.11

Doctor Charges

Doctor Attendance Fee ---------- $428.00

Grand Total for Baby ------ $2480.11

Joanne - thanks for sharing... Sorry but hw about the cash portion? Dun really know if I understand wrongly but means u paid less than 3k cash?

Joanne - np, yeah I really like guessing what my bill size will add up and hw much cash to end up paying...

Haiz but what to do... Will just have to bear with it...

Hi Lynn

That time I'm like u also.. So loss dunno enuff to pay ma

But my dh keep assuring me so I didn't think abt it lor

Anyway can pay by cc... Use that slowly pay back if dun have enuff cash lor

Wait till yr little bb come out then u have more things to worry man

When ur edd? Gender? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

My EDD in July... Still unable to tell gender, bb always cross legs during scan...

Hope will be able to tell soon...

Oh not so soon ba.. U about 3-4 mths? Usually abt 5mth month can see Liao [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I already have 2 kids - gal at 3yo and son 2yo

U will b v lucky if u have someone helps u to take care

If someone can help me I really dun mind 3. My dh

Loves and take care of kids.. So lucky for me also heheh

Mine no one able to help me take care... I have already booked IFC for Oct... Heartpain to put bb there so young but I dun think I can be a SAHM... so no choice [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Why u dun consider looking for nanny?

Mine both taken care by nanny

Very good - at least one to one

Hehe [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Joanne - my first choice was IFC due to the pro care that bb will be getting there and also educational toys fm a young age, no need to buy so many [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Also this IFC that I'm looking at ratio is 1:2 so not that bad I suppose, still get quite personal attention...

With also friends to grow up with as this is the first born in the family... So no kids around the same age...

actually i am still rather confused. haha!

anyone have to rough figure to pay in cash for 1 bedded c-sec? dont have to share the whole bill figure cause i only want to know to estimated cash portion to fork out for gynae fees + hosp fee estimated.

thanks pple in adv! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi, I just delivered at mt a less than a week ago. Underwent induce via drip with 2 doses of epi, after which induction failed leading to emergency c sect with ga. One night usage of labour room, stayed there 4 bedder for 3 days. Everything in we paid $700 plus cash after medisave. Am unsure of the bill cos it's with dh.

One thing I would like to note.. I had an awesome experience at mt a due to very friendly nurses. I will go there again for number 2.

Anyway for their toiletries bag very basic. Got face towel, comb, toothpaste tooth brush, shower gel and shampoo. I brought my own kotex but never use as their loop one more comfy and I forgot to tell them I wanna use mine and they open alr. Food portion is quite big and delicious. Very pro breastfeeding with all the nurses trained in bf.. Lactation consultant goes bed to bed.

Thanks joodzjoodz for sharing & congrats on your newborn!

Need to bring own pyjamas? Will they provide clothing for mummies during the stay?

joodzjoodz - do they charge u for the Lactation consultant which goes to visit u?

Kittyki - i suppose will be better to bing own PJ as will be more comfortable...

No need to pay for the consultant. Immediate you gave birth, the same day they will come and visit you already.

One week after you discharge, they will call you to follow up to see how you are coping.

They actually do have a green 2 piece front button pjs for those who need.. However I couldn't fit into their largest size as I weighed 92kg upon delivery.. can't button at belly.. U need to request though if not they require u to chnge into own clothes..

Thanks joodzjoodz,

I dont have any button front pyjamas thus i am thinking if buy only 1 is enough. Or we need at least 2 sets?

I really dont want to waste money. Baby items already spent a lot

Use loose loose t shirt is also fine. Then if you want to breast feed and there are visitors, you can get a shawl to cover. The PJs are not a must, just that with front button PJs you can not bare your tummy (really tho.. if you're lying in bed or sitting down when BFing.. there's no much tummy for anyone to see [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I brought along 2 sets of tshirt and shorts.. Didn't bring PJs.. When I had visitors I made them wait outside while I feed.. I tried out their breastfeeding room beside my ward once as well.. As I'm a first time mummy did not really know how to manouveur baby using a shawl covering me so I did not bother bringing one along..

mmichhh,

I delivered at MAH in sept 2008, 1 bedder deluxe suite, c-sect with epi. At that time, i think my gynae's c-sect fee was $3.2-3.5k. After the DBS credit card promo discount and medisave claims, we paid about $4k in cash.

Will be admitted this sat, 5 feb for #2, also c-sect. PM me if you would like to know the latest amount of cash payable. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hi Cher,

Thanks for sharing! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Have Pm-ed you!

Hi mommies, i just know abt my pregnancy today and the GP ask me to decide on the hospital that I want to deliver. But my fren told me it depends on the Gynae too.

So I would like to ask for your recommendation on your gynaes.....any good recommendation?

Also, the bills shared by some of the mommies freaked me out. I thought giving birth is like 3k+ only.... :S

Hi all.

I delivered my baby girl in Nov2010 at Mt A. I had a one- bedded at ST Raphael Ward. I tried natural but ended with epidural and finally emergency C-Section. Stayed there for 3 days.

My bill for mum came up to about $7k including doc charges n after medisave, I paid abt $2.9k in cash. Bill for baby came up abt $1k including doc charges n after medisave, I paid $150 in cash. So overall, it was abt $3k in cash. Do note that the bill will vary depending on yr doc charges n if there are complications or more treatment needed for mother or baby.

I must compliment the excellent services that I received during stay at Mt A. The staff at St Raphael Ward were very attentive and showered me with lots of care n concern. Their response was fast n helpful. But I can't conclude if the standard is similar for other wards.

I must say that I was equally confuse on the hospital n the type of wards due to the cost but having gone through the whole process, I have no regrets with my choice.

Hope this helps the MTBs and good luck [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Jia You!!

Hi Winny,

Most gynaes are hooked up with specific hospital. So if you already hae your choice of hospital in mind, it will affect your choice of gynae. Also, personally, I feel that the location of gynae to your home/office can be a factor as you will want it to b conveniently accessible to you esp when are late in pregnancy. Do note that for most gynaes, long waiting time is unavoidable unless it's emergency. For me, my gynae is near my office and thus I reduce on traveling and waiting time. My gynae is Dr Koh at toa payoh central. He is a great doctor and at a reasonable rate. But I must highlight the waiting time is to b expected due to emergency cases / delivery and the nurses are quite a handful lots :p

hi mummies, anyone has the bill for Mt A single or double bedded normal delivery? I'm just in my 3rd trimester but dunno how much to prepare during admission.

Hi Subasan,

my gynae is also Dr C.H Koh. And the waiting time is long at time. Although it's out of the way for me, it's recommended by my best friend & my cousin. Thus, I choose him. He is a very good doctor. And he is humorous.... crack jokes all the time with his stern look..... When is your EDD?

Hi caylea12, the amount is dependent on whether u going for natural / C sect etc and of course, single bed will b more expensive than double. I have shared on my bill above but if u need more info, u can pm me [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi Ginn, yup, he is very humorous n his stern look makes it even funnier! The best thing abt him is that he can make u feel assured n trust me, he has proven again n again that he is that experienced n he knows best. So u r surely on safe hands. I have delivered my baby girl four mths ago. When is yrs?

Hi subasan, i'm hoping to go for natural w/o epidural, and looking at the price difference between single and double room. not sure if it's worth paying the extra cos it's only for a night and dunno if i shld risk taking a double room hoping that the other bed will be empty?

Back