Delivery at Gleneagles

Hi yean,

Didn't knw u gave create this thread till u post in March mummies thread.

No credit card discount n my hb paid 2.1k as deposit when admit. Then when check out, they will deduct off medisave n if got balance will refund back to credit card.

I half bm, half formulae as my milk flow not alot n my

Bb now drinking 80ml every 2-3hr, cannot meet his demand lor. He not a good sucker n gets impatience and angry so I pump out.

It's yr #1? when yr c sect date?

Hi Yean,

I didn't pre register in Jan cuz I have no idea abt the price hiking. Too bad my clinic nurse didn't tell me.

I had gastric pain yesterday night,not sure if tht's considered mild contraction?

Prettymimieyes, I stayed at 5th floor. The 1st time I was admitted when 31weeks due to bleeding n 2nd time actual birth also stayed at 5th floor. My room no. Is 501 first one when come out from lift, basically when the door is closed can't hear much noise.

But on my discharge day I went for d free class which is at 6th floor and it's more quiet than 5th floor.

The lactation consultant is nice, and when I home she will follow up with a phone call.

Oh so 6th floor still better ah ?r the consultants good at helping u get a good latch ? I remember there was a Caucasian lady but she din seem v good

Once the door is closed I find it's ok but 6th floor corridor more quiet.

Yes it's a Caucasian lady, she abit rough lah but I find she ok. My bb latched when in hospital.

Yes, first day I latch n my right nipple was so sore n cracked so I only use the other side to latch. When home both nipples was so sore and I stop latching for few days n pump out instead. My boy gets v impatience n latching n so i decided to just pump instead and at night will leave d night feeding to the confinement aunt.

Same as my girl last time . Did u read the contented little baby book ? They recommend latching only Five min initially . Is this your first baby ?

Hey Yean and prettymimieyes,

I don't need to wait till Mon to get induced already,I had 'show' and at Glenneagles now, just took epidural, not pain at all, now just have to wait for the cervix to dilate more and should deliver in the next few hours, I'm so happy tht I don't need to get induced,I'll get discharged on 8th morning,should be able to visit you two..

Was suppose c sect due to low placenta n had book a date. But waterbag broke 1 week earlier n did a scan before admit n d placenta is just above bb head not blocking him, so gynae advise can natural birth. Did it w epi.

Yours 2nd bb?

Alice, congrats! N rest well.

Prettymimieyes, how many weeks now? Bb too comfortable inside mah.

Hey prettymimieyes, jia you k, the waiting time in there is super long and boring,but your husband is with you right? I waited almost 10 hours in there for dilation after epi, no need to be nervous, try to sleep as much as you can to reserve energy to push later. tell me which ward u r later..

I am stuck there for 2 hrs then can walk around b4 epi at 11am . Super sian hubby go eat bf alr . . Nurse say will give me food at 10am . Your room good ?

Ya not too bad,nurses are good and helpful,food is very good. A lot of variety and nutritious. Double bed room a bit small la,but lucky neighbor is good

Hey prettymimieyes,think I better don't disturb you since you don't reply,I'm discharging now,see you online and we can share breastfeeding experience. Take care

I just wanna check with all mummies,my bb is 6 days old,if he's drinking 60ml to 70ml every 3 hours,is it too much or too little?cuz sometimes after 2 hours,he seems like want to drink again,but I will wait til after 3 hours then feed him.

Alice, 60-70ml every 3 hr shd be fine but also depends on bb weight. Mine was 3.07kg at birth n when discharge he drinking 60ml. And 3 days later went check up,pd said can increase to 80ml. Maybe u can try 75ml n see if he can finish. If bm he will be hungry more easy. Mine daytime bm n feed about 2 - 2.5hr n night time feed fm so can drag to 3hr+

Thanks dazel,my bb only weigh 2.83kg at birth.I tried to pump more and let him drink just now but he couldn't finish.so I'll stick to 60-70 ml per feed. I always express and let him drink cuz one of my nipple is inverted. I was wondering whether the hindmilk will be expressed out?Normally I pump 5-6 min each breast already got 70ml.

Alice, wow! 5-6min got 70ml that's alot! I already 3rd weeks n got to pump like 1 hr then got 100ml. N need about 4 hrs rest before next pump, if rest 2-3hr I can only get 40-50ml. My boy now drinking 110ml I guess my moo moo career is ending soon.

Really? Then you got to use electric pump,manual would be quite tiring then. I drink soup for every meal, drink longan black dates tea and eat fruits everyday. Eat more fish will have more milk also..

I using electric dual one lor. At first use manual n

cried almost every pump and starting Bach ache, whole body ache till no choice I buy electric ones.

Got eat, drink etc alot even took fenugreek but still d same supply.

Then maybe you have to relax your muscle and think positively while pumping. They say pumping suppose to be painless and relaxing,but I still find a little pain when the machine sucking. I'm still learning also..

Hi mummies,

My baby gave a wheezing sound evey after feed,like breathless like that,but after a while,he breathe normally.is it because he gulp the milk too fast?or is he having phlegm?

Alice, me also not too sure as first time mummy, maybe can ask march mummies.

But sometimes if mine get too hungry he tends to drink v fast n halfway will stop him to burp then continue his feeding again.

Hi mummies,how r u all coping with bb?? I'm posting mostly in the March 2011 mummies thread cuz they answered and updated quite fast there..2 more weeks end of confinement,I'm counting down man,really can't stand to stay at home for soooo long. I'm still struggling to train my bb routine,somehow he still quite active in the middle of night,then sleeping mostly in the day,any good way to reverse this??

Hi hi, tmr my confinement ends but my CL left 2 days ago as she is sick. Past 2 nights me n my hb was taking care of bb n only 2 nights already drained us out. Bb had slight fever n went to kk and lucky was not serious, he must hb got d virus from d CL.

How u train yr bb to reverse his activness? Mine same will wake up middle of night for milk n everyday around 4am he v active.

Frankly I really do not know how long I can tahan everyday like this, it's real tired.

Ya really draining man,i don't mind waking up to feed him after feed in the middle of night but having to carry and entertain him in the middle of night is torturing.Day time wanna play with him,he'll sleep after feed. Sigh

So good tht ur confinement ending.So envy!! But I'm happy tht I get to go out on mon cuz going Gleneagles to check up.

Back