Cure for Milk rash

heeho1

Helo all,
my gal has dev veri bad milk rash...they are like round red ring like circles on the face. FOund some cures instead of hving to use strong steroid creams and I wan to share. If u can get hold of Lucus papaw cream..its the ultimate organic cure!! 2) Believe it or not slap on ur own(baby's mum) saliva be4 brushing ur teeth onto her in the morning,subsequently throughout the day too. 3) after she pee use the hot diaper filled wif pee to clean her face, coz the urine is sterile and its fm her body. 4) can use calamine lotion to relieve the itch too.Shld try the above if u are in desperation but of coz muz leave it for a day or so.

hi me
1. where to get lucus papaw cream?
2. sounds like old wives' tale
3. pee is dirty leh, not so hygenic
4. will only relieve itch but is it a cure?

the red ring is actually ringworm, according to my PD. actually ok to use steriod but use once or twice. when the thing disappear, must moisturise and moisturise a lot.

Using urine? Sorry, i find it hard to accept. Where did you get the information that urine is sterile? From what i studied, urine is fluid that contains water and waste products.

Urine is toxic! Toxic that the kidney expel. How can use toxic to clean on wound? This is really unbelieveable. Urine is sterile, what about poo?

Not to be offensive, maybe you're trying to help other desperate mama.

Heard this before from a old lady (use bb urine to clean her face), but i never try before...don't dare to try.

my relatives advised me on using bb's own urine-soaked diaper to clean the face too.

however, my own remedy is to use Medela Purelan nipple cream...try it, it works!

i used Jorubi pure aloe vera cream. Its a plant extract so is not poison thus when baby rubs her face and accidentally put hand in mouth, she will not be exposed to potential chemicals.

so far, it has improved the situation a whole lot but bad thing is she cultivated this habit of rubbing her face all the time, especially when she is tired and wants to sleep. i don't know if its a habit that she cultivated through the milk rash or its common for babies to rub their face when they are sleepy.

btw, the Jorubi aloe gel can be found in Guardian pharmacy and costs 19.95 per tube. can use quite long since each time you only need to apply abit. good as moisturiser too. mummy also can use
happy.gif

hi how to define whether is it milk rash or other rashes?
my 6wo bb gal got wat seems like pimples all over her face...i dun dare to use anythg to apply jus water to clean her face only...
any suggestions?

hi kimmylian

my boy had a major breakout 2 wks before his 1st mth celebration and lasted for abt a mth. PD gave me some cream but that didn't help much. You just have to be patient and it will clear in due time. It's a phase that babies go through...

Cheers

kimmylian, i can PM u a picture of my daughter's face showing you the rash so you know how it looks like roughly.

ribena, isn't neoderm going to be very very drying for the baby skin?

Hi there,

Thanks for ur help. Today can see my daughter`s rashes becoming better.... altough still alot but some already subside.... hopefully in no time it will clear up by its own.

when my daughter had milk rash, i diligently applied johnsons baby lotion with no effect.

then, my mom told me to try johnsons baby cream. (comes in a small tub, about $4+, available at almost all ntuc supermarts) and the milk rash disappeared within 2 days!!! amazing!

Hi

Just to share that I use Avent Soothing Magic Cream on my 3 month old son's milk rash and after few days, it started to clear. Process abit slow though as he constantly chew and rub his face with his hands
sad.gif
Also, try to use cool boiled water to cleanse his face and affected area instead of tap water (as advised by TMC Parentcraft)

Avent Magic Cream is not available for sale in most retail store. I got it from TMC's parentcraft. Can also find it at the Avent counter at Philip TPY

How does milk rash look like? It is true that milk rash will be gone when baby is around 2 months? I am thinking if my bb has milk rash or? Please advise.

woah, chinese tea? sounds interesting, may try. my gal's rashes gone and came back again (sigh). she like to rub her face, so sometimes when she drools, the saliva also get rubbed all over so the rashes came back.

<font size="-2">Eunice: i used Jorubi pure aloe vera cream. Its a plant extract so is not poison thus when baby rubs her face and accidentally put hand in mouth, she will not be exposed to potential chemicals. </font>

I did the same.
works for milk rash n other rashes, incl nappy rash

the next day lorh. very fast one, anyway, babies' skin heal very fast. but apparently, i just brought my baby to the PD 2 days ago for checking on her constipation. the PD told me her face those rashes is actually ECZEMA!!! sigh... no wonder keep coming back the rashes. PD gave some cream to apply lorh, now better lah but dunno if will completely heal.

I also tried Jorubi Aloe Vera gel and the rashes turn into dry skin and when the skin drop, the rashes is so much better.

My whole family use this gel and I receive very good feedback on it.

Eunice,
Next day is really fast.
happy.gif
I will go try aleo vera
happy.gif
Are you breast feeding baby? What is the name of the cream your PD gave you?

Yes, next day is fast because generally babies' skin heals very fast but having said that, if baby rubs her face everyday and very often, even if heal fast also no use cos the following day it may come back again. I guess it is just a phase that the babies will eventually outgrow. The aloe vera is just to help them relief the problem lorh.

you can get from guardian pharmacy.

gal, the name of the cream that PD gave me is called Zaricort. yes i am breastfeeding still.

Hi, just to share, I use Gaia Baby Moisturiser on my daughter's face and after few days, the rashes were gone and the face is as smooth as before!

Hi Mommies,

Try cornflour. Yes, the one use for cooking. Apply twice a day after cleaning your baby. It really works. I tried it on my new born and now he does not even have a signle rash on him and his skin is wonferful. But stop using the cornflour after the rashes are gone.

hi , my daughter suffered from rashes on and off.
when she was 2 weeks old, PD prescribed physiogel (to wash face) and bactroban (cream to apply).took a long time to clear. then ,at about few months old, PD prescribe Zaricort for her body rashes..not really meant for face leh..coz the next round of rashes which appeared on her face,cheeks and chin, PD prescribe Elomet cream...very effective. clears up in one day..but PD warned that it contains steriod and not to be used continuously as will cause skin to thin down..but as it is very effective, i only need apply for 1 day (after bath)...and rashes are gone.

regarding the urine method, once i brought baby to provision shop, the owner insisted to me that her friend really use this method and her baby rashes are gone.. she insisted that i try...but i dare not lah...who knows maybe really works..coz in Taiwan , got one man drink his own urine for good health and bath in his own urine...plus freeze own urine to eat as ice-cream...oops, sorry not trying to be disgusting but really got pple who vouch on urine thingie
happy.gif

anyway, i personally have friends who use Jorubi gel and cornflour..so these are safe methods.

Hi perle,
pls try not to use steriod on your baby at all,
my daughter was given a steriod containing cream to apply for her mosquito bite,
that patch look so "old" after some time,
I have to apply Vitamin E Cream on it for months,
it's going to take a long time to heal.

thanks tanlengleng for your advise. I'm also very concern abt giving my baby cream containing steriod ,so i only use very very sparingly. but now i stopped using already and is using cetaphil lotion daily on her body and face for protection. why dun u try it on your baby? it's a very mild moisturiser, suitable for baby.
my girl also used to have a patch of old skin around her cheek (healing skin from old rash)..after i apply the lotion for a couple of days, the skin recovered..now cannot see the patch anymore.

Hey all,wow seems like my note abt using urine on baby's face has created quite a stir..haha. Anyway, my daughter's face has cleared due the application of a mild steriod given by the doc.Coz my mum was nagging abt the sight of her grand daughter's skin and brought her to the clinic. But really that was way after all the natural applications of soiled cloth diapers with urine, lucus papaw etc...all hv been experimented one at a time for a certain duration.And the rashes DID clear.Anyway the rash comes and goes. Using warm towel to constantly wipe face clean is a preventive measure. Everyone has its own method of curing stuff, thanx so much for sharing. Just for the record, Jorubi aloe vera gel oso has UREA and urea is wat makes up urine hee...so much for old wives tales. ;-) May our babies faces be has smooth as porcelain...

hi all mummies

My daughter is suffering from Eczema since she was 4 weeks old- she is now 10.5 weeks(i guess so, since i have been reading the web with similar symtoms on my daughter' face).
Her face is so dry, and she keeps rubbing it from behind her eyes and all over face. It comes and goes. I am very painful when seeing her like this.
Have tried to apply the Nappy Rash Cream, but it dosnt help.
We went to c a dr, and he gave Oinment to keep skin moist. It went worse
we went to see dr at KKH, she gave steroid cream to apply. It has alomost gone, but comes back again as my daughter keeps rubbing her face alot.

Anyone has tried Gentriderm Cream? I heard its very strong and not recommended for baby below 2 years old? I tempted to use it as i can't take it when i see my baby'face.
Do wash her face with cotton wool and lukewarm water about 2-3 times per day.

Anytime we apply moisturizer, her kin gets worse. its so sensitive

Please help

hi all try applying california cream for ur child on the milk rashes it will help de..
mine gal also like dat dun need to buy those expensive de.. buy calming botanical moisturing cream 4oz. if buy from lucky vitamins directly should cost not more than $18 per bottle for 4oz de.. else aloe vera or calenduar will cost more expensive abt $15 for 2oz.
hope it help

my daughter has been having these rashes (it's eczema actually) on her cheeks too.... it started with her legs and then spread to her folds and can see the rings formed and very red.... very heartache to see her wriggle and rub her face.... no choice so used steroid on her.... now her body has cleared up for a while already but the cheeks ones... still comes and go but at least not as bad as before and she is now 9 months. what i did was try a few methods.... one is using salt with warm water to wipe her face and then wipe again with clean boiled water... 2x a day for 2 days when there is flare-ups... then i apply adeerma cream (can be found in guardian and no steroid).... on her face 3x a day.... seems to help. can try.... i tried the tea method before but i just apply once so can't tell good or no good..

hi all,
i am posting here in view of new mummies who hopes to avoid milk rash problems on their unborn child.
Actually most of my niece/nephews suffer from bad case of eczema or milk rash. I tot my child would inevitably suffer too. But thankfully not.

Simply becos, i breastfeed exclusively.
The skin usually is the first to show body's reaction to any allergies and FM is too strong for bb's very immature system, thus all these problems. Unfortunately not many know of this and tot its usually hereditary, dirty,...etc, etc.

I just hope I manage to share this invaluable information to those who didn't know before of this.

Cheers and give your bb the best gift you'll ever give to him/her. Give them your breastmilk.

Use Mustela cleanser to clean baby's face after milk feed, can also use it to clean away his sweat...

Then apply Mustela face moisturiser...

It works very well for my boy

Me also breastfeed my gal exclusively but she still have very bad milk rash. Now using California cream hopefully it help.

Back