CONFINEMENT LADY TO RECOMMEND

ffdoremi

Anyone need CL on Dec? can contact me for my CL, she is really good, friendly, good cook, good with my baby, never grumpy, easygoing personality, i can chit chat during my boring days at home.....and very strong hehe., never fails to wake up at night, she loves my baby and always smile to my bb.... able to follow instruction well, i told her once and she remembered well, her previous clients always seek her for second time, age 50, i will too if i have third one haha

I dun earn any commision i just help her and all mommies here, she's fully book until nov, DEC or next year she still avlbl....

contact me and i will give u her ph no, [email protected]

Hi all.. my mum is a confinement lady. Modern and english speaking. She is fanatistic in cooking confinement food. She knows how to cooks the "hong zhao" aka red wine chicken soup or noodle and other confinement food.
* Hakka also have HOng zhao. But i personally think hockchew style nicer.

But nowadays dun have difference in dialect la.. everyone wants red rice wine to cook confinement food..

Anyway, my granny makes the red wine so no need to headache where to find red wine for her to cook for u.

The only thing is .. she dun stay overnite. AND she is a SIngaporean. For those who wan overnight one u can ask her.. negotiate with her.. but most of the time she does not stay overnight.
She was on Strait Times Sunday Times for the confinement nanny last year end. Her cooking skills are good I would say and she is experienced.
If interested.. leave me a PM and I will forward ur numbers to her.. or u can sms her @ 8189 3393.

u all no need to pay levy and all for those looking for confinement nanny.. she is singaporean. She does overseas assignments too.. she has been to different parts of the US.

P.S. I dun earn any commission.. but she is knowledgeable and experience .. she does my confinement too of cos 

hi hi,

A friend of mine who's from China needs a confinement lady about 7 or 8 months later. She can't speak English so she needs someone who's able to converse with her in Chinese. She'll need the confinement lady to stay overnight as she's in Singapore with her husband alone.

Please pm me with the contacts. Thanks!

Blacklist Confinement Nanny - PAY SIEW HUAY
Please do NOT hire this confinement nanny named PAY SIEW HUAY (Siew Wah) from malaysia. She has a bad attitude, rude, lazy and is very rough with the baby. Totally unprofessional and not properly trained. Being in confinement, I've fallen sick several times and had diarrhoea 3 times. Had terrible engorgement due to her untrained advice on breastfeeding. Her method of looking after baby and mother is just not right and not in today's context, too much myth and etc. Messed up my whole house and kitchen is so dirty, she doesn't clean up after cooking. Unhygienic with food and etc. She has done uncountable unprofessional, harmful and horrible things. She also use and feed certain chinese medication on the baby without my permission and knowledge. Here are just a few things I am mentioning, but there're so much more to what she has done that is unbelievable and totally uncalled for. To cut the whole story short, please just do not take this risk to hire her or you'll regret and have the most stressful confinement month with sleepless nights worrying about the baby and yourself as I had this extremely bad experience with her and I'll definitely not hire her for my next baby in future.

Hi, I had an awesome confinement nanny who was very clean and hygienic with my bb and took good care of her. She has almost 20 years of experience and cooked a wide variety of confinement food and boiled tonic soups for me, and was also flexible with the menu on days when I got tired of confinement food. Also taught valuable tips on infant care which I am now using on my own.

I think she may be booked till end of this year, but if anyone's looking for a nanny in 2011 I should be able to put you in touch with her contact
happy.gif

I had a wonderful and great confinement nanny who was very clean and hygienic with my baby, took very good care of her and dotes on babies. She is very experience.

She is fantastic in cooking confinement foods and was also flexible with the menu on days when I got tired of confinement food. You can feedback to her about her foods if is too salty or not salty enough or etc, she will adjust it to your liking ;) I love her foods ;)
She will cook more if your family members are having the meal
happy.gif

She takes care of my newborn girl and my family very well, very attentive. She has warm & friendly personality, getting along very well with everyone in the family.

Most importantly she is flexible, not the rigid type.

When I wanted her to do certain things my way, I only need to inform her once, she will remember and follow
happy.gif
very impress with her ;)

Her service is excellent. She always knows what I want and what I need, eg. After Breastfeeding, normally I will feel thirsty or hungry, she will always serve me hot drinks or food before I even ask
happy.gif

Few of my friends who had her for their confinement are very satisfied with her
happy.gif
Thumbs up for her
happy.gif

We all who had her, really had a wonderful, happy and relax confinement months
happy.gif

Interested, please feel free to let me know ;) don't PM me… just drop me an email at [email protected] or can call me at 9090 3019

Hi All,

I would like to share my experience with all.

Blacklist CL - Aunty Ya Fang. (can go to this link to see pic of her - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8457552/Fang_confinement_list.pdf)
I just gave birth on 6th Aug and currently doing my confinement. I had this horrible CL which was intro by frds. I have high expectation of this CL since she have a link and details on what to buy for confinement. However, this CL was so bad tempered, she always argue and quarrel with me and MIL. She always boast on how many years of experience she had and asked us not to teach her what to do. My baby cannot sleep at nite and she simply blame my baby for being a difficult baby and not letting her sleep! She is such a typical superstitious person that she put my husband's underwear near my baby so that baby will sleep! Worst, she threaten us! I have no choice but to ask her to leave after 2 weeks.

Recommended CL - Aunty Siew Hoon, Malaysia hp-016 3760125, Sg hp-84203549
Now, I found this wonderful current CL. I think I really make a good choice to ask the previous CL to leave. I simply love her, she is so much different from the previous CL!
Responsible, experienced, good tempered, willing to do all housework, cook nice food, most impt took care of me and baby so well! The previous CL always make my baby cry but this CL is so patient with baby and she sings song to baby to make baby happy! I am really happy to have her.

I know motherhood is very tough especially after given birth, good rest and someone to take care of baby is what we need. A GOOD CL is very very impt. I hope all can find a good CL. Can call my current CL if anyone cannot find any yet. She is really worth your cent.

Hi all, please beware of CL auntie Kiew. I'm currently engaging her as my CL and so far the experience is very bad. I hope to share my experience here so nobody will continue to employ her. She is not fit to be in this line.

She claimed that she has 5 years experience as CL but she doesn't cook the traditional confinement dishes.

Has anybody heard of eating fried bee hoon or fried rice during confinement? Has anybody heard of drink leftover soup from the night before for confinement? No! And when my MIL confronted her of such absurdities, she was very defensive and claimed that what she cooks, I should just eat. She also said that others before me also just eat whatever.

Not only that, she is very stubborn and refuses to listen to others opinion. When we specifically told her not to add such and such ingredients into my confinement food, she still put. When we confronted her, she claimed it is ok and refused to just follow our ways.

She is also very sneaky when it comes to money. Can you imagine, so far we have spent close to $400 on food marketing when it is only day 8 into my confinement.
Day 1: She went with my husband to get some groceries from ntuc as market was closed. Not sure how much she spent.
Day 3: She used up close to $150 to buy 1 week of food.
Day 6: she claimed that the food can only last a day more so she needs to go to market. When asked,"Haven't you already bought a week of food the other day?" she claimed that because I requested her to cook hearty breakfast and lunch so now not enough food. So I gave my sis-in-law $300 to accompany her. In d end she used close to $200. When I asked her what she bought, she just said, fish, meat, and vege. I asked her how long the food can last. She said about 6 days. I wonder how come food for 1 person for 6 days can chalk up $200? She still said fish not enough need to buy somemore in 2 days' time?!!?

When my MIL asked her about the bills, she grew very aggressive and heated argument with my MIL. If she has clear conscience, she would have just told outright exactly what she bought...

She is also very lazy just want to do things easy way. When I first suggested use cloth nappy for my boy she gave many excuses, say poo will cause bum to rot la, diff to wash the stain off cloth nappy la, etc etc. So we ended up using disposable diapers. But my MIL wanted me to insist she use cloth diapers so I told her to use. She gave me a black face. Even then, she doesn't check on baby regularly to monitor poo or pee. I always have to check and then tell her myself. She doesn't wash up the dirty cloth nappy immediately or even when she has time. She will soak to the next day afternoon to do the washing. Sometimes she will just throw in the nappy together w my laundry into the washing machine, no doubt to have easier job...

Other cLs will cook hot soupy food for breakfast and confinement set meal for lunch and dinner. But she expects me to eat bread and milo or cereal for breakfast. And lunch she will cook one dish of friend rice or bee hoon, or just a soupy noodle dish. No doubt easy job for her, but hardly confinement food...

So pls beware of employing her. She is a glib talker but doesn't do as much as she talks. Now I have to send her back and look for other plans, barely a week into my confinement. Pls dun walk in my shoes...

First Time Mother Looking for Friendly, English Speaking Good Confinement Nanny to stay over night have extra bedroom and bathroom, Due Date Feb 28, 2011 might need as early as Feb 14 if i have a c-section. Would like her to also teach mother and new maid how to care and cook for new baby. Been living in Singapore now for 9 years, chinese or Malay ok just need to be able to speak english and also highly recommended. please email [email protected] or HP +6591096332 my name is Angelica. I might have to have a c-section so will need help during this time especially.

Hi dear mummies can u guy give mi advise .
Does the confinement wash your panty ? As she don't want to wash n pass it to my maid ( as organize she wash all mine one n bb ones ) and the breast pump in the middle of the night who shld wash it ? I shld wake her up or maid ? And seen that she is not waking up every three hrs in the midnight she said my bb slp no need wake him up. My confinment lady so automatic ask my maid to turn on tv for her and even ask my maid to drink the soup!!she nv tell me what can do or what cannot do all is I ask her want. I on the 3rd days I've bath Liao . She boil the herb for me . And wash hair tell me after 1mth. I at hm use fan use aircon she also nv say anything .My breast engor she also doesn't know well when I ask her . Pls advise which one is correct which one is wrong. And can I don't want her half way ? She work for me since 12 oct . Her cooking is not bAd . Can share with me actually what her job doing ? I myself slp in a room she slp with bb . And she like also not really attend to me she did ask me every meal want to eat now . And take red date drink to me . But everytime I ask her what time feed bb she still need to think . Maybe she old ? Pls advise .

Michi, not sure about other confinement nannies but mine washes my undies. Below is a list of other things my nanny does (note that I don't have a maid):

1) She prepares my daily herbal bath and removes my bathing pail in the evening before my hubby baths. According to my nanny I am not supposed to carry heavy stuff so always ask her to do things. She only allowed me to wash my hair during the second week and I am only allowed to wash once a week with the herbal bath and I must blow-dry my hair.

2) She prepares a hot flask of water in the master toilet so I can mix with tap water and wash with lukewarm water when I visit toilet at night. According to her I should touch tap water as little as possible, esp at night, so I won't get wind in

3) Cooks for me and hubby and eats the same as us; there are days when she prepares something simpler for herself. Make sure that the nanny do not prepare overnight food for you. Herbal soup is usually consumed within the same day - can be over lunch and dinner.

4) Takes care of my baby when she's awake. When my baby is asleep, we give the nanny rest time but she keeps an eye over the baby.

5) Does marketing

6) Mops the kitchen floor after cooking every dinner and sweeps the house twice a week

7) Machine-washes my and hubby's clothes and handwashes baby's clothes

8) Teaches me breastfeeding posture and skills. When I had breast engorgement, she prepared hot press to help me loosen the lumps. She also reminds me to express regularly because my supply is quite stable and ample now. She's always the one washing the bottles and pump, even in the wee hours.

My nanny explains that aircon is better than fan because aircon is dry air whereas fan can induce wind into your body, especially when you are feeling hot and your pores are open.

I read in other threads about other forumers asking their nannies to leave because they are unhappy of their services so I guess it shouldn't be an issue for you to ask your nanny to leave. Suggest that you start searching for alternative nannies and ask the current one to leave as soon as possible because you'll have to continue paying for lousy services as long as the nanny stays.

Hope the info helps

Hi,

beware of aunt SHUA HUA from TANJUNG PINANG Indonesia. Infront of you, she seemslike a hardworking, good personality, etc etc...

Initially i was very happy with her working attitude but i did not know all these are only fake attitude!
i even tried to post good comments on forum for her & tried to help her to get new customer.

Who knows at my back she bad mouthing me. At my back she said:

1) HER PREVIOUS EMPLOYER ALWAYS BUY HER BREAKFAST EVERYMORNING & MY HUSBAND DID NOT BUY HER ANY BREAKFAST.
I thought we paid confinement lady to serve us & not the other way round.

2) SHE CLAIM SHE REJECTED MY REQUEST FOR HER TO EXTEND ANOTHER 2 WEEKS.
she told my maid she rejected my request to extend another 2 more weeks. By the way, i have NEVER ask her to extend. My mum ask me to extend her for another 2 weeks, I told my mum dont need to. The the CL ask me whether I want to extend her for another 2 weeks, i told her no, thanks. But what she said at my bback is different.

3) SHE EXPECTED 2 ANG PAOS (1 when she arrived & the other one when she depart). I only gave her 1 ang pao when she left which i thought is the standard practice. I gave her S$100. i check with my friends, all only give $20, but i gave her $100. Yet she still complain at my back & expecting 2 ang paos.

4) SALARY
She was complaining about her pay at my side was very low & below the market. AT the first place, she was the one who offer to work for me & ask that amount of pay. Really ridiculous that she licked back her own saliva.

BEWARE! INNOCENT LOOK & HARDWORKING ATTITUDE DOES NOT MEAN SHE WILL NOT BAD MOUTH YOU AT YOUR BACK!!!!

Hi,

beware of aunt SHU HUA from TANJUNG PINANG Indonesia. Infront of you, she seemslike a hardworking, good personality, etc etc...

Initially i was very happy with her working attitude but i did not know all these are only fake attitude!
i even tried to post good comments on forum for her & tried to help her to get new customer.

Who knows at my back she bad mouthing me. At my back she said:

1) HER PREVIOUS EMPLOYER ALWAYS BUY HER BREAKFAST EVERYMORNING & MY HUSBAND DID NOT BUY HER ANY BREAKFAST.
I thought we paid confinement lady to serve us & not the other way round.

2) SHE CLAIM SHE REJECTED MY REQUEST FOR HER TO EXTEND ANOTHER 2 WEEKS.
she told my maid she rejected my request to extend another 2 more weeks. By the way, i have NEVER ask her to extend. My mum ask me to extend her for another 2 weeks, I told my mum dont need to. The the CL ask me whether I want to extend her for another 2 weeks, i told her no, thanks. But what she said at my bback is different.

3) SHE EXPECTED 2 ANG PAOS (1 when she arrived & the other one when she depart). I only gave her 1 ang pao when she left which i thought is the standard practice. I gave her S$100. i check with my friends, all only give $20, but i gave her $100. Yet she still complain at my back & expecting 2 ang paos.

4) SALARY
She was complaining about her pay at my side was very low & below the market. AT the first place, she was the one who offer to work for me & ask that amount of pay. Really ridiculous that she licked back her own saliva.

BEWARE! INNOCENT LOOK & HARDWORKING ATTITUDE DOES NOT MEAN SHE WILL NOT BAD MOUTH YOU AT YOUR BACK!!!!

I also hired Aunty Kiew as my CL and similar to the other comment here, my experience was not good and I sacked her. After my experience, I have some other tips I want to share with first time mummies:

Educate yourself before your give birth - attend antenatal classes if you can. This helps you recognise when a CL is not doing her job properly or is using old-fashion methods which are no longer acceptable today.

If you intend to breastfeed, make this clear to the CL you are hiring and be firm with her during your confinement. Some CL’s will claim to support breastfeeding but the moment they see you struggling or see the baby fussing (which is perfectly normal during the initial weeks), they will pressure you to feed formula milk. Do not give in.

Beware of a CL referring you to another CL because she said she is already booked, especially if you are not given the telephone number of the available CL. This is not acceptable - you must personally speak to the CL you are hiring and not take someone else’s word for it. The reason the CL refuses to give you the telephone of the available CL is because she is acting as an agent and does not want you to negotiate directly with the available CL. She may collect a deposit from you which acts as her ‘fee’.

I do believe that hiring a CL is all a matter of luck. Even if you interview a person, she may not turn out to be all that you expected. If you have a mother or a mother-in-law and a maid who is capable of helping you, that might be a better option than a CL, who is a stranger to you.

anybody still looking for CL? My CL is really good I ended up hired her for 8 months!!! she's really nice and caring towards the whole family and my mom, even my husband really like her. It's sad to let her go now as now I think its time for me to handle my baby myself.

I even went overseas two times with my hubby and left my baby with her...., her previous employer also did the same, she worked and left the baby with her (her previous employer also hired her for 7 months).
Now she's just like my mom already.
She is also not calculative at all, when she went home she bought dvd for my older son and doll for my baby, I really love her and now we're really close and to be honest Im really sad to let her go. Now I just want to help her to find jobs for next year

u can direct contact her at
+65 83861128 (singapore)
+65 98646672 (singapore)
+601679901217 malaysia

Hi all Mums,

I'm looking for a non-stay overnight CL as I'm still staying with my in laws at Jurong. My EDD is on Jun 2011.

Kindly share with me if you have any good recommendation. Do drop me a mail at [email protected]

Many thanks!

My CL, Auntie Chong has more than 18years of experience in taking care of CF mummy and baby. She is a great cook and she would prepare food to your preferences. She would even cook for my hubby if he is home for meals.
Good knowledge of herbal soup. She can cook a type of herbal soup to expel the bad blood in the uterus after delivery. Don’t be surprise if you suddenly have heavy flow of menses as its good to have it out of your body instead of inside.
Auntie Chong can be contactable at HP: 81535205(S'pore line)/+60167209255(Msia line)

ANYone can PM me how do we extend CL social stay to 40 days?
normally is 28 days.
Other than go custom to chop passport, heard can do via internet.
Please advise.

Dear All

By the time I saw Kate (Honeybunch) posting it was too late as this Aunty Kiew was already at my house.

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH WHAT KATE SAYS!

SHE WILL ASK FOR DEPOSIT FIRST WHICH I DO NOT MIND BUT WHAT ALL KATE SAYS ARE V V TRUE!!!

PLEASE NO MATTER WHAT DO NOT ENGAGE THIS AUNTY KIEW AT ALL!!!

SHE IS VERY VERY LAZY, LIKES TO WATCH TV AND BUY 4D AND SEE THE 4D RESULTS AND ALWAYS GIVING MILK TO THE BABY WANTING THE BABY TO SLEEP.

ALSO SAYS MY RED PACKET NOT BIG ENOUGH WHEN SHE LEFT.

ALL THE FOOD SHE COOKS ARE MOSTLY NOT CONFINEMENT FOOD.

SHE REFUSES TO USE NAPPY GIVING THE REASON AFTER ONE MONTH THEN BB CAN USE NAPPY, WHAT REASON IS THIS, THE REASON IS BECAUSE SHE IS SUPER LAZY TO WASH.

SHE DOESN'T WASH THE BABY CLOTHING AT ALL AND PUSH ALL TO MY POOR MAID TO WASH.

SO PLEASE DO NOT WALK INTO KATE'S AND MY SHOES - DO NOT ENGAGE AUNTY KIEW.

Dear all,

If you are looking for a good confinement lady out there. Pls be aware that not all posting you find in the forum are true experience or geniune referals. Some of them are just ads place up by the CL friends or relatives in Singapore. I learn from lesson. I wish to share some info with you. Pls look out for the following CL if you ever see them on the forum;

1) Auntie Yue Fen (JB-Kluang)
- Highly recommended in Mummy Sg and some other forums. Refered by a lady called Sarina. She made similar posting everywhere on a few forum. Generic posting and i should have suspecting something. I was so convince and i booked her service at S$2,000 and after that she switch off her phone and remain uncontactable. Until 1 mth before my EDD then she picks up and says she has accepted another job and cannot rememeber me as well. She then asked if i want to pay her higher than S$2000. Of course i drop her service immediately.

2) Auntie Gui Qin (JB-Muar)
Also highly recommended on the forum. Enagage her service 1 mth before EDD and she asked for $200 Deposit and i paid $100 instead. 2 weeks before my EDD she called and say she need some urgent operation cannot work. She also cannot refund my deposit and she will ask her friend to stand in. No choice, i took her friend, which is the next CL.

3) Auntie Bao Lian (JB-Muar)
No knowledge of anything except old school child raising, lazy and stuck-up. Handle baby poorly. cannot cook much and is also not hygiene at all.

Pls do not hesistate to screen a few more CL if you find an posting on a confinement lady too good to be true. It is just another advertisement and may not be a really good CL. Few tips;

a) Do not hand out any deposit to CL if you are unsure. If really have to, give them a post dated cheque so it is only valid after that.

b) Be suspicious of a spam ad if you find similar posting word for word about a CL on the forum.

c) Never be too afriad to ask the CL how to cook or test their knowledge based on today's child care information.

Good luck to all

Noelle

Hi all mummies to be,

Would like to recommend my Confinement nanny.
Her name is Auntie Lilian.
She is in her 50s++ and has 32 years of experience.
She can cook alot of different confinement food and she also know how to brew different tonics soup.
The way she handles baby also very experience.
She has a happy-go-lucky and cheerful character, so is very easy to live with her for that 28days of "boring" confinement! :)
She is also very auto as well. You need her to do anything, just tell her and she is always ok with that.

Her contact number is +60176118919 (M'sia no.)

hihi, like to recommend my cl, aunty ah lan, +60 16 704 1081
confinemt was reali torturing for me, lucky tat i hav her to take gd care of my precious babe n me who is weak..

Dear all,
I would like to share my experience with 3 confinement ladies during my confinement now.
I booked Auntie Meiling from Negri Sembilan based on recommendation from website. Her tel no is 83004910 (SG)/ 60168957034 (MY)
In end Apr, I gave Auntie Meiling a call to tell her I'm due soon, probably early May. She was shocked and asked me why so early. I said 2-3 wks is very normal. She then say another client of hers supposed to EDD 1 Apr but just delivered on 20+ Apr. I asked her how can that be, since usually latest is 41 wks. She said she dunno. Fine.
After my delivery, I gave her a call again. She then exclaimed :'Oh, I'm doing confinement for the client who just delivered.' So I asked her how. She offered to recommend someone to do on her behalf. Having no other options, I agreed.
The CL that came after I discharge is called 'Ah Guan'. She's 47yrs old, also from Negri Sembilan. Long hair, dark and doesn't look modern. Here are the other observations:
1)According to my maid, she doesn't know how to use the rice cooker. My maid has to teach her. Pots are not scrubbed clean and my whole kitchen is oily and messy after she cooked.
2)She has never seen my Pigeon Steriliser. She claims other families use other brands???
3)For 3 meals, she used the same method of cooking veg, ie, using sesame oil and gou qi to fry with veg. There is variation in the meat dish though. I asked her if she can vary her cooking style, she claims this is how confinement should be throughout the month.
4)She cooked the pig kidney and liver soup twice and both times both ingredients are hard and overcooked. Doesn't she know both don't need much cooking??? She didn't know how to answer when I asked.
5)Pt 2/3/4 led me to worry whether she really has any exp. She claims she has, but only in KL. All her dishes taste awful and even my hubby commented that. Then her face turn black. Auntie Meiling also said that when I called her. I asked her why did she recommend someone like that to me and she said she thought she'll be ok.
Both claimed the method of doing confinement in KL is different. They eat very light and can eat the same dishes throughout the month. True? I dunno.
6) She doesn't respect privacy. When I'm napping, she will come in and ask me to have lunch or dinner. Even after seeing me sleeping, she will keep coming in till I go out. I told her before I don't eat early. But she's used to eating early so she can cook like at 3pm and dinner is ready at 5pm! My dinner time is 7pm...
7) 1st day I told her I can't take too much wine or ginger as I'm bf. 2nd day all 3 meals and each dish has heaps of ginger on it. I asked her what happened and she pretended to say 'oh, that's what I told other clients before but they said not true'
On 3rd day early morning after she carried bb over for nursing, she came into my rm to cry and said her dad fell and she needs to go home. My hubby immediately woke up and called a cab for her and we paid her 2 days salary.
Auntie Meiling called shortly and asked y did I not call her to tell her Ah Guan is leaving. I said I'm still nursing and Ah Guan can't wait to leave. She told me she's lying and I shouldn't have paid her cos she already took $100 from her. I told her this is between the 2 of them, they should settle themselves. But I was upset that I got cheated. Auntie Meiling said her current client is willing to let her go to help me. I was suspicious whether she is good or not since the client let her go after only a wk. But I decided to go ahead to try. She seems alot better than Ah Guan on the 1st day, more knowledgeable and more modern. However, things start to slide after that:
1) Day 2, she increased my bb's feed from 60-70ml to 100ml at night w/o asking. I had EBM and portion to 70ml. He's only 1 wk old! She wiped out all my EBM stock and passed comments that my BM is so little after each pump. Gynae n PD advised she is overfeeding and we told her to reduce. She's unhappy and keeps hinting that bb is hungry and don't want to sleep at night.
2)She requested to buy good food like drumstick to cook for the maid (more like she wants to eat)
3) Complains that it is very troublesome for her to cook for the maid since she can't eat pork.
4) Always talking on her mobile. Her ringtone is very loud and keeps on ringing. I wonder if my bb can sleep wells since he sleeps with her.
5)Requested for $200 advance payment on day 2 though I have already paid her $300 deposit. Wanted some time off to go and meet her friend to buy things.
6) Told me she might not be able to do full 28 days cos her next job is on 7th June (3 wks away from my EDD!) I'm quite upset that she doesn't intend to do full right from the start, so unprofessional! Now I realised her Apr 1st job is supposed to be Apr 30th and I bet she took it knowing that short gap to my EDD in mid May.
On day 3 night, she told us that her mum is in coma in hospital (sounds familiar???) She needs to go back the next day and asked if I want a replacement which she will recommend. I told her let me think about it. But she proceeded to call her friend and arranged.
On day 4 when she's going to leave, she said her friend who is supposed to come suddenly fell sick. Asked me if I want to look for my own or still need her to recommend. Thankfully my friend gave me her CL's contact and luckily she's available.
That ends my misery of the 2 CL's from Negri Sembilan. I have nothing against people coming from there (sorry I can't remember which town), just upset that both are similar in pattern (unwilling to take criticism, used the same old excuse)
Please please take extra caution and not hire this Auntie Meiling. Seems like she is more interested to earn commission from her hometown friends than doing a proper confinement for us. She is fair and quite chubby with mid-length hair, 44 yrs old. Has a house in JB as well.

Sorry for the long post above as I'm really upset. Now I would like to recommend my 3rd CL - Auntie Meizhen who is from JB.
She is 62 yrs old and is very experienced. My hubby commented she seems the most modern though she is the oldest. She is very cheerful and can communicate well with me. Her other strengths are:
1) She's a fantastic cook. I don't eat pig trotters in vinegar but she cooked it so well that I ate all. She varies her dishes alot that it is so appetising and not boring at all
2) She takes very good care of bb. She bathed bb in herbal water and although my bb is only 2 wks old, his rashes has subsided alot and no more new ones popping out
3) She is very fast and efficient and automatic. She doesn't need much instructions and she can figure out herself where things are kept and what to do etc.
4)She is very chin-chai. She enjoys cooking so much that sometimes she will cook special dishes for the maid (spicy type) when my maid said she loves her dishes. She is also ok to cook more if our family members visit. She is also willing to teach my maid to cook and how to take care of bb.
She is like a mummy taking good care of me. Really lucky to have her after my bad encounters. She has just re-started after stopping for 2 years to help her daughter. I hope you all will benefit if you hire her as well (note: I don't gain anything from promoting her)
Her contact no is 60108232696

I am a new mummy. I found this wonderful CL. I simply love her!
She is responsible, experienced, good tempered, help to do housework, cook nice food, took good care of me and baby!

I know motherhood is very tough especially after given birth, good rest and someone to take care of baby is what we need. A GOOD CL is very very impact. I hope all can find a good CL. Can call this CL if anyone need the services.

She often do confinement in Singapore. You can contact directly to Aunt Mary +60108847576. Her blogspot address is http://marychengny.blogspot.com

Hi all, I am a Singaporean single mother. My baby is going to be due in Mid July 2011. Now looking for a day-time confinement nanny. Currently under a tight budget as I have to pay for the house rental too. So does anyone know of a good and affordable confinement nanny to recommend to me? Thanks for your help! Kind of desperate here.

Also recommending Auntie Meizhen...When you call, you can say her client fr Bishan recommended you online
happy.gif
She's nice and cooks well. I am getting to help with my second delivery this coming Sep
happy.gif

Her contact no is 60108232696

Hi mummies,

I hv one CL to recommend, she is Malaysian, experienced nanny, worked in USA for the past few years, English speaking. Pm me if keen.
Beth

I have a good confinement nanny to recommend. Pro-bf & help out on house chores. I extended her service as nanny for 3 months.
She is currently with us, if anyone keen, do PM me.

Dear All who are looking for CL can consider my CL - Lily or Yan Jie.

Reason being

1. she cooks very well. Will cook separately for hubby and I (coz she tries not to let hubby take confinement food coz too heaty). If I have guest, she will also cook for my guest if they wants to eat..

2. Hand wash mine and baby's clothes

3. Washes hubby's clothes seperately

4. When my guest is here to visit me, will help me to host them by cutting fruits or pouring drinks for them.

5. Does housework for me. Even things like cleaning of toilet or cleaning my fan coz she say too dusty.

6. Takes care of baby and trains baby. Trains baby to drink at xx time interval, not to spoil baby by carrying her, talks to baby and loves baby..

7. Takes good care of me. Ensures that I eat full full.

8. Listens to "instructions". Example if you are not comfortable with her in any ways, she will change. Like coz I have this open concept kitchen and if she cooks with too big fire, my house will be really oily.. First day, thats what she did and my house is filled with smoke and oil.. But then after telling her, she lowered the fire and mop the floor(for the WHOLE HOUSE) after every cooking.. So nice right? We didnt even ask her to mop, just ask her to lower the fire..

9. The list goes on...

I would like to recommend my confinement lady as well.. Before this, I always find posts that recommends their CL dubious as in why would someone post and highly recommend their CL for nothing.. Now I know..

Anyone interested can contact her at 8242 6108 / 016-746 1157.

Hi , would like to reccomend my fantastic CL , was really lucky to have her as i initially hire one cl who was money grabber , ask for higher pay , air ticket to penang , minimum $200 ang pow and final straw was that she insist on "helping" me buy expensive things like abalone .. so i sacked her ..

Luckily i got this CL who initially retired to take care of grandson .. now she just decided to come back and i got her.. finishing my confinement next .. she is god send ..Her name is auntie Hui Feng ..

My baby is extremely fussy and cry for milk every hour . She is quite pro breast feeding thus dun mind staying up the night to take care . She wakes up ard 6 am just to start preparing my meal .. everyday breakfast , lunch , dinner is like restaurant style .. so far , into my 26 days of confinement i only have 2 repeated dish ... She make very good food even for my husband and my fussy mother and a separeate set for my dad. So daily , she cook 3 type , one set for me , one for mum and husband , and one set for dad who is vegetarian . SHe also is quite clean and can tell she love baby. Extrememly patient and kind , not wasteful at all ... imagine when i was in hospital , she brought my confinemnet food even when i ordered hospital meal , then she say dun waste and she can help me eat the not nice hospital food if nobody eat .. very nice and sweet lady ..
There was once my mum bought meat bao and she told me that better not eat as not sure what type of meat they use , might not good for me ..so the next day she immediatey hand made meat bao me ... how many CL would do that !
She also help to teach my new maid how to care for baby , how to do housechore , and maintain my maid cleanliness such as min 1 day bath 3 time cos taking care of baby .. she also talk sense into my maid when my maid got lazy ,.. so really is making my every penny wrth .. she make me feel that she is more of mother than a CL .. very motherly and yet not naggy .. she is modern and flexible and also respect our privacy alot.. she totally understand that having our first baby, we naturally will want to see baby more so even when hubby came bk late from work , she dun mind leaving the room when hubby come in to see so that we can have family time ... so very considerate ...
she is also not pushy in the confinement rules, she will tell u what to do but if you decide not to, she will respect too .. (etc like me i die die no give bottle till 3 weeks so for 3 weeks she patiently spoonfeed my baby thru the night ). The only thing she very admandant about is mummy have to drink enuff soup .. so she gave me 3 big bowl a day and insist i drink cos it will help produce milk ...
She is also frenly to all guest that comes and dun mind cooking extra for them .. i duno what bad point to say abt her as i have yet to find any ,, can only thank her by posting good review and reccomendation .. i will post all pics of food she cook .. but she mention that she is able to cook different thing and so much everyday cos we have alot of ingredients in the fridge .. so for those who hire her , if you want to eat something u have to have the ingredient ,,,

I extended my confinement with her and now really cant bear to let her leave .. i guess all who employ her is lucky .. i am not related to her and fund her by a forummer recommendation too .. so since i am so free doing my confinement now i can give very detail review ... haha .. For those who ineterested please email me at [email protected]
7428452.jpg

7428453.jpg

7428454.jpg

Dear all, pls beware of this confinement lady from malacca. Her name is aunty Meimei. She is recommended by another confinement lady call aunty guihua from malacca..

To keep it short, her cooking is terrible!! My mum, mum in law n my hubby all say her cooking is super terrible! My hubby even say he can cook better than her.. She even had a cooking recipe book which I found she hide it in my kitchen cabinet.. She dun even cook longan red date water everyday n keep leftover longan red date water for me to drink in fridge.. She complain n gossip abt everything.. Say my house kitchen small, kaya not nice, bath tub not good, massage lady fat, baby clothing not gd, my relative fat, etc etc.. N she keep some half cook meat in the fridge n recook tomoro for mi to eat..when I tell her off she even threaten mi to pay her salary n she will leave.. N she love to go shopping.. Ask my mum in law go shopping with her few times but mum in law reject her.. I bring her go buy groceries at giant end up she go shopping buy clothes herself..

The worst thing mi n my hubby feel abt her is that she I not appreciative! She even tell mi aunty guihua is not gd etc etc.. She should have some ethics n be appreciative since it's aunty guihua who recommend her the job but yet she turn around n gossip abt her..

Aunty Meimei Hp is 0102319077
Aunty guihua Hp is 91305526, 60122878467

I m not gaining anything from this post. I just hope all mummies will beware n especially first time mums like mi will not get such bad experience when we hav to pay so much for confinement lady n we can't get gd confinement at all!

Hey mummies, Lan Jie has been highly recommended on this forum and I'd like to further affirm that based on our last two months having her in our home. She's been a real gem to us and we couldn't have managed without her. This darling of a nanny just left our place 15 minutes ago - her last day- and i am feeling sad writing this! Not only did she show genuine love to our newborn, she also took it upon herself to ensure i ate very well and slept even better, cooked a lot of nourishing and delicious food to boost my milk supply such that i increased from pumping 30ml in the first few days to 240ml before the second month. On top of that, she provided constant encouragement and words of edification in my journey as a new mum. This gave me a very strong mental boost right from the start, which was ultra crucial in my confidence since the first month is super trying for a new mother what with the broken sleep to express milk, undergoing initial baptism fires for breastfeeding, and having to tolerate feeling unwashed amidst the humid weather. Also, I had guests wanting to visit to see my baby and had to juggle my nap times and feeding times around these occurrences. A strong support can really get you through bouts of self doubt mired in fatigue during the first month, and Lan Jie was all that to me.

WORK ETHIC
You know those friends, those ultra reliable and resourceful ones whom you'd want to have on your team in times of uncertainty? Lan Jie is one of those people. I still recall her calling me the day I checked into the hospital to inform me of her arrival schedule on the day that I would be discharged. She said she was taking the first morning bus out from Malacca and would arrive latest by late-afternoon/evening. In the meantime I should take milo after getting home from the hospital in case she hadn't arrived, and just wait for her to appear. "After I get there," she told me, "you won't need to worry anymore".
And she meant it. The whole 2 months she was with us, we saw how she took care of our baby son like he was her own nephew or grandson, talking to him after bathing him, managing his feeding times so that there was a basic structure that we can now follow, giving him little massages sometimes to help with the burping, and going beyond her line of duty to take care of him. Our baby had a flare up on his face due to the hot weather that wouldn't go away and it just looked so red and painful, even though he never cried over it. But Lan Jie said it pained her to watch him that way, and we tried conventional methods to alleviate the redness on his cheeks albeit with little success. Then on baby's First month, I received a tube of gentle nourishing cream meant for babies (shan't mention the brand here) and she stayed up all night to apply it on him on him, dabbing his cheeks w wet cotton buds before putting on the light cream and repeating the process every 2 hours The next morning we noticed baby's cheeks were slightly less red, and the flare up seemed to have receded. Seeing the improvement, she continued this process for 3 nights, applying and cleaning until our baby's cheeks were all smooth and fully healed. Extremely little sleep for Lan Jie, yet she was always bubbly and joyful in the mornings, first to wake up to clean the house, mop the floor, wash up the bottles, and make full set breakfasts that were always piping hot the moment I emerged from my bedroom. And the smiles! she is always smiling no matter the hour.

FOOD
I know another post on this forum mentioned her fried chicken being awesome. My husband loves it too. She's an awesome cook and also extended her willingness to cook to for guests who came over. i never expected that of her and yet, she told me she was happy doing it for my family and close friends when they came to visit. PLUS she made this fantastic curry chicken that had me salivating while watching the rest of my family eat one night as I was still on confinement food then. But her confinement food is equally delicious! If anything, I am darn impressed by her 刀功. Because I don't fancy ginger, she slivered them into such fine threads that the sight of ginger in my confinement food didn't put me off. I am not a fan of confinement food either as I don't like pork. So lan-jie varied my menu so that I could have a taste of ginger wine chicken, pork trotters, papaya soup, herbal soup mixed in with the stuff I preferred- soup dumpling noodles, fried rice, stir-fried noodles, lots of cod fish, vermicelli, some vegetables. And I know I am very picky with my meat, because even with chicken breast, I can leave pieces aside if they aren't cut correctly. But Lan-Jie knows which direction to cut them to make them more succulent, so I really enjoyed having her cook my meals. Some afternoons, I would see her sitting in my balcony patiently peeling the heads off Ikan bilis one by one so she could broil them into soup stock for my dishes. She told me that the stock is good for milk production but the heads were high in cholesterol. When she realized I liked beef, she also concocted this delicious wat-tan-hor (beef Horfun w gravy) for me one and it was the best I had. I also love, love her desserts. Post-confinement, Lan-Jie whipped up a 3-course meal that ended with this signature "black jelly tang shui" for a few of my closer friends who were visiting, which got them talking about her cooking days after. Up to the day she left, I enjoyed a menu that was both deliciously nutritious and so carefully thought through, that my milk production shot up by 800 percent in a span of 56 days.

COMMUNICATION
When you engage Lan-Jie, she will treat your home like hers and take care of it as well as the people who live in it. Upon finding out that my husband is Japanese, she was concerned about whether he could eat what she cooked and asked me for examples of what he likes so that she could make them separately for him. It wasn't necessary in the end because my husband enjoys her cooking and works late rather often anyway. But i appreciated her going out of her way for him all the same. When my husband wasaway at work, it was just Lan Jie and I at home with the baby so I took that time to ask her all sorts of questions regarding certain behaviors in babies and she always had an answer and explanation based on her past experiences with them. She was also a calming influence on my baby and neighbors commented that our home was quiet even with a newborn. Because of her good management, my baby kept to his meal times and sleep times as an infant. She also gave me a lot of mental support throughout. While she encourages BF, she told me that it was ok if I couldn't breastfeed for a while when she saw how sore and cracked my nipples were because they wouldn't be able to heal properly. Her encouragement allowed me to see things from a greater perspective and I continued to BF subsequently without any pressure, making the process much more enjoyable.

HONESTY
One thing you will need from your confinement nanny is trust on both ends. Because we worked on that basis from the start, it was easy to leave my baby in Lan-jie's hands at night. She would wake me up to express milk and feed my baby boy while I did, so I had more time to rest after. I could also have her do grocery shopping by herself as she was accountable for whatever she bought. We set aside a central bag for grocery money for that purpose and believe me, it makes your life so much easier when you have a nanny whom you can trust with the minor and major details.

CONTACT
Do note that she's booked up really quickly. I called her early in my second tri and already I was rather late. Am blessed that she was still available then! 1 week after i transferred her the deposit I learnt that someone else had called her up a few days after I did and was glad I didn't delay it further. I also heard her having to turn away engagements too because her schedule was already full during my confinement. Last i know, she's fully booked to January 2015. So do book her early if you are keen. Her no is 82587522/ +60 17 3930801. I seldom write testimonials but feel that she definitely deserves many good ones. Having her around is like having a kind and helpful elder at home. Am missing her very much as i write! All the best mummies :)

Hey mummies, Lan Jie has been highly recommended on this forum and I'd like to further affirm that based on our last two months having her in our home. She's been a real gem to us and we couldn't have managed without her. This darling of a nanny just left our place 15 minutes ago - her last day- and i am feeling sad writing this! Not only did she show genuine love to our newborn, she also took it upon herself to ensure i ate very well and slept even better, cooked a lot of nourishing and delicious food to boost my milk supply such that i increased from pumping 30ml in the first few days to 240ml before the second month. On top of that, she provided constant encouragement and words of edification in my journey as a new mum. This gave me a very strong mental boost right from the start, which was ultra crucial in my confidence since the first month is super trying for a new mother what with the broken sleep to express milk, undergoing initial baptism fires for breastfeeding, and having to tolerate feeling unwashed amidst the humid weather. Also, I had guests wanting to visit to see my baby and had to juggle my nap times and feeding times around these occurrences. A strong support can really get you through bouts of self doubt mired in fatigue during the first month, and Lan Jie was all that to me.

WORK ETHIC
You know those friends, those ultra reliable and resourceful ones whom you'd want to have on your team in times of uncertainty? Lan Jie is one of those people. I still recall her calling me the day I checked into the hospital to inform me of her arrival schedule on the day that I would be discharged. She said she was taking the first morning bus out from Malacca and would arrive latest by late-afternoon/evening. In the meantime I should take milo after getting home from the hospital in case she hadn't arrived, and just wait for her to appear. "After I get there," she told me, "you won't need to worry anymore".
And she meant it. The whole 2 months she was with us, we saw how she took care of our baby son like he was her own nephew or grandson, talking to him after bathing him, managing his feeding times so that there was a basic structure that we can now follow, giving him little massages sometimes to help with the burping, and going beyond her line of duty to take care of him. Our baby had a flare up on his face due to the hot weather that wouldn't go away and it just looked so red and painful, even though he never cried over it. But Lan Jie said it pained her to watch him that way, and we tried conventional methods to alleviate the redness on his cheeks albeit with little success. Then on baby's First month, I received a tube of gentle nourishing cream meant for babies (shan't mention the brand here) and she stayed up all night to apply it on him on him, dabbing his cheeks w wet cotton buds before putting on the light cream and repeating the process every 2 hours The next morning we noticed baby's cheeks were slightly less red, and the flare up seemed to have receded. Seeing the improvement, she continued this process for 3 nights, applying and cleaning until our baby's cheeks were all smooth and fully healed. Extremely little sleep for Lan Jie, yet she was always bubbly and joyful in the mornings, first to wake up to clean the house, mop the floor, wash up the bottles, and make full set breakfasts that were always piping hot the moment I emerged from my bedroom. And the smiles! she is always smiling no matter the hour.

FOOD
I know another post on this forum mentioned her fried chicken being awesome. My husband loves it too. She's an awesome cook and also extended her willingness to cook to for guests who came over. i never expected that of her and yet, she told me she was happy doing it for my family and close friends when they came to visit. PLUS she made this fantastic curry chicken that had me salivating while watching the rest of my family eat one night as I was still on confinement food then. But her confinement food is equally delicious! If anything, I am darn impressed by her 刀功. Because I don't fancy ginger, she slivered them into such fine threads that the sight of ginger in my confinement food didn't put me off. I am not a fan of confinement food either as I don't like pork. So lan-jie varied my menu so that I could have a taste of ginger wine chicken, pork trotters, papaya soup, herbal soup mixed in with the stuff I preferred- soup dumpling noodles, fried rice, stir-fried noodles, lots of cod fish, vermicelli, some vegetables. And I know I am very picky with my meat, because even with chicken breast, I can leave pieces aside if they aren't cut correctly. But Lan-Jie knows which direction to cut them to make them more succulent, so I really enjoyed having her cook my meals. Some afternoons, I would see her sitting in my balcony patiently peeling the heads off Ikan bilis one by one so she could broil them into soup stock for my dishes. She told me that the stock is good for milk production but the heads were high in cholesterol. When she realized I liked beef, she also concocted this delicious wat-tan-hor (beef Horfun w gravy) for me one and it was the best I had. I also love, love her desserts. Post-confinement, Lan-Jie whipped up a 3-course meal that ended with this signature "black jelly tang shui" for a few of my closer friends who were visiting, which got them talking about her cooking days after. Up to the day she left, I enjoyed a menu that was both deliciously nutritious and so carefully thought through, that my milk production shot up by 800 percent in a span of 56 days.

COMMUNICATION
When you engage Lan-Jie, she will treat your home like hers and take care of it as well as the people who live in it. Upon finding out that my husband is Japanese, she was concerned about whether he could eat what she cooked and asked me for examples of what he likes so that she could make them separately for him. It wasn't necessary in the end because my husband enjoys her cooking and works late rather often anyway. But i appreciated her going out of her way for him all the same. When my husband wasaway at work, it was just Lan Jie and I at home with the baby so I took that time to ask her all sorts of questions regarding certain behaviors in babies and she always had an answer and explanation based on her past experiences with them. She was also a calming influence on my baby and neighbors commented that our home was quiet even with a newborn. Because of her good management, my baby kept to his meal times and sleep times as an infant. She also gave me a lot of mental support throughout. While she encourages BF, she told me that it was ok if I couldn't breastfeed for a while when she saw how sore and cracked my nipples were because they wouldn't be able to heal properly. Her encouragement allowed me to see things from a greater perspective and I continued to BF subsequently without any pressure, making the process much more enjoyable.

HONESTY
One thing you will need from your confinement nanny is trust on both ends. Because we worked on that basis from the start, it was easy to leave my baby in Lan-jie's hands at night. She would wake me up to express milk and feed my baby boy while I did, so I had more time to rest after. I could also have her do grocery shopping by herself as she was accountable for whatever she bought. We set aside a central bag for grocery money for that purpose and believe me, it makes your life so much easier when you have a nanny whom you can trust with the minor and major details.

CONTACT
Do note that she's booked up really quickly. I called her early in my second tri and already I was rather late. Am blessed that she was still available then! 1 week after i transferred her the deposit I learnt that someone else had called her up a few days after I did and was glad I didn't delay it further. I also heard her having to turn away engagements too because her schedule was already full during my confinement. Last i know, she's fully booked to January 2015. So do book her early if you are keen. Her no is 82587522/ +60 17 3930801. I seldom write testimonials but feel that she definitely deserves many good ones. Having her around is like having a kind and helpful elder at home. Am missing her very much as i write! All the best mummies :)
Hi royal bunny!

After reading ur comment on Lan Jie n also a few great comments on her, I got in touch with her immediately. Find that she's quite nice and lie down the terms n conditions clearly n gave us time to thk abt it as my confinement period happen to clash during 2015 cny. Mind checking with u whether u have any idea whr is lan jie from? As in which part of Malaysia?

Congrats Sharon on your CNY baby! Yes Lan Jie is very transparent and upfront with her mummies and I really appreciate that about her. If I recall correctly, she's from Tamping, about an hour's drive from Malacca. Enjoy your pregnancy and remember to stay hydrated! :)

Congrats Sharon on your CNY baby! Yes Lan Jie is very transparent and upfront with her mummies and I really appreciate that about her. If I recall correctly, she's from Tamping, about an hour's drive from Malacca. Enjoy your pregnancy and remember to stay hydrated! :)
Hi royal bunny!

Thank you! :)

I've read a few negative comment online abt 'lan jie' who is from seremban (somewhere In negeri sembilan) hence wanna know are those referring to the same lan jie.. cuz the negative comments abt this 'lan jie' was kinda of an extreme.. hence need to be ascertain. :)

No problem cause I went through the same and read up quite a lot myself! Didn't face any of the problems on my end so didn't bother speculating lol. I saw how she was very hardworking and dedicated as a nanny. A lot of nannies wont do housework for the mummies, but as I didnt have a maid and it's just mysef and my husband who works very late, she took on all household chores for me saying i should rest. And I also noted how she never missed a feeding or tried to make him sleep with formula milk so she herself could sleep. Even though our nurses told us that babies can sleep through the night, she still continued with the twice mid-nightly feeding- once at 2am and another around 4.30-5am- and told me the first month is very important in building up their foundation and ensuring good growth. I think my baby grew well under her care. He wasn't fat for the sake of pudge, but rather that his bones were strong and he could prop up his head even before the first month. I think the combination of what she cooked for me (high calcium diet) and 3-hourly feedings through the night really made all the difference. Until now I look at my baby and hink I was very blessed to have her to help me during his first two months ^_^

No problem cause I went through the same and read up quite a lot myself! Didn't face any of the problems on my end so didn't bother speculating lol. I saw how she was very hardworking and dedicated as a nanny. A lot of nannies wont do housework for the mummies, but as I didnt have a maid and it's just mysef and my husband who works very late, she took on all household chores for me saying i should rest. And I also noted how she never missed a feeding or tried to make him sleep with formula milk so she herself could sleep. Even though our nurses told us that babies can sleep through the night, she still continued with the twice mid-nightly feeding- once at 2am and another around 4.30-5am- and told me the first month is very important in building up their foundation and ensuring good growth. I think my baby grew well under her care. He wasn't fat for the sake of pudge, but rather that his bones were strong and he could prop up his head even before the first month. I think the combination of what she cooked for me (high calcium diet) and 3-hourly feedings through the night really made all the difference. Until now I look at my baby and hink I was very blessed to have her to help me during his first two months ^_^

That's such a positive review! Made me feel much confident in getting lan jie as my confinement lady! I hope I be able to get thru that period as smoothly as u! Hehe! Btw, did u happen to engage a masseur during ur confinement period? did it clash with lan jie's work? As understand e massage may take some time n may clash w BF time..

Oh you will don't worry. Just focus on resting, eating and playing with your newborn! Yes I got a Jammu masseuse and her name is Pris. I saw results the second night I took off my binder. It was so motivating I left my binder on for longer after lol. The massage itself is good because she uses firm strokes and rubs away tired areas on your shoulders and gives you a breast massage to stimulate milk flow. I like her head and neck massage best because she uses a minty smelling tincture that is very comforting to the senses. You will have to call her in advance so she can fix you into her schedule. I got recommended to her by Lan Jie when one of her previous mummies didn't see any result with her own jamu lady so Lan Jie asked her to try Pris and she produced v good results. I was the next mummy so she told me about Pris.

Don't worry about the jamu schedule clashing. LAN Jie will help you work out the timings. She did the same for me and planned my meals in advance- what time I'd have lunch, what time I'd express my milk etc. (side note: she liked to plan timings for me even when I was going out so she could prepare what I would need (pump, bottles, snacks [in case no time for lunch]).

If you are keen you can MSG Pris. She's v strong and will pull you in tightly as if she's corsetting you up. Her no. is 96159136. I think I was v blessed during confinement cause I got all these people who are v dedicated to their work helping me along :) All the best for your confinement!

Oh you will don't worry. Just focus on resting, eating and playing with your newborn! Yes I got a Jammu masseuse and her name is Pris. I saw results the second night I took off my binder. It was so motivating I left my binder on for longer after lol. The massage itself is good because she uses firm strokes and rubs away tired areas on your shoulders and gives you a breast massage to stimulate milk flow. I like her head and neck massage best because she uses a minty smelling tincture that is very comforting to the senses. You will have to call her in advance so she can fix you into her schedule. I got recommended to her by Lan Jie when one of her previous mummies didn't see any result with her own jamu lady so Lan Jie asked her to try Pris and she produced v good results. I was the next mummy so she told me about Pris.

Don't worry about the jamu schedule clashing. LAN Jie will help you work out the timings. She did the same for me and planned my meals in advance- what time I'd have lunch, what time I'd express my milk etc. (side note: she liked to plan timings for me even when I was going out so she could prepare what I would need (pump, bottles, snacks [in case no time for lunch]).

If you are keen you can MSG Pris. She's v strong and will pull you in tightly as if she's corsetting you up. Her no. is 96159136. I think I was v blessed during confinement cause I got all these people who are v dedicated to their work helping me along :) All the best for your confinement!
Hi royal bunny!

Nice hearing the massage work on u! May I find out more of the massage from you?

Does pris bring her own stuffs eg. bed, oil, etc.?
I heard some masseur would make a mess at e room after e massage with oil dripping on the floor, etc.

What is e duration of the massage? When did u start massaging? I heard 2nd day onwards the massage may start.. how abt u? N what is e frequency of the massage did u get?

What is the rate like for engaging pris for the massage?

My sincere apologies for the endless doubts of mine. Sorry abt it. ^_^

No prob at all :) yup you will need to provide your own mattress and 2 towels. 1 large enough to cover the mattress, and another for her to wipe u down. And also a pillow which your can use your own. Pris uses her own oils that are infused with lemongrass etc to get rid of wind and to tighten the uterus. She has several creams and oils that will be used on different parts of your body, and also the Jamu powder. I had a c-sec so I only started from the 3rd week. I took the 10 day session though it usually starts from 5-days. You can check with her on start dates for natural delivery which I am certain is definitely earlier. Her rates are 68-70 per session, depending on the location (coz she has to cover her own transport). She's v responsible and took care to keep my area clean. The massage is very relaxing, though the breast massage was painful as I suffered from engorgement during breast feeding.

My advice - prepare at least 4 towels so you can wash 2 on a daily basis and have spares for the next day :)

How much is a good confinement lady, does anyone know? Approximate amount will also do.

I'm due end of this year - Christmas baby! Haven't found anyone yet... am I in a bit of trouble?

How much is a good confinement lady, does anyone know? Approximate amount will also do.

I'm due end of this year - Christmas baby! Haven't found anyone yet... am I in a bit of trouble?

Hi.. If u dun mind I can intro my cl to u.. jus completed my confinement and I'm so glad that I've her help and support... did my confinement for 2 mths.. The first lady was from an agency but I dun find her good. This second one that I had was really good.. loves baby, keeping my baby clean and is hygienic, helps to sweep and mop my floor everyday, shes also a good cook! So if u are interested let me know.. I can help u ask if she's available.. :)

Hi.. If u dun mind I can intro my cl to u.. jus completed my confinement and I'm so glad that I've her help and support... did my confinement for 2 mths.. The first lady was from an agency but I dun find her good. This second one that I had was really good.. loves baby, keeping my baby clean and is hygienic, helps to sweep and mop my floor everyday, shes also a good cook! So if u are interested let me know.. I can help u ask if she's available.. :)

I would like to have the contact of ur 2nd CL too, if u dun mind... tks.

Hi stinzy, mind I contact u to know more abt ur CL?

No prob at all :) yup you will need to provide your own mattress and 2 towels. 1 large enough to cover the mattress, and another for her to wipe u down. And also a pillow which your can use your own. Pris uses her own oils that are infused with lemongrass etc to get rid of wind and to tighten the uterus. She has several creams and oils that will be used on different parts of your body, and also the Jamu powder. I had a c-sec so I only started from the 3rd week. I took the 10 day session though it usually starts from 5-days. You can check with her on start dates for natural delivery which I am certain is definitely earlier. Her rates are 68-70 per session, depending on the location (coz she has to cover her own transport). She's v responsible and took care to keep my area clean. The massage is very relaxing, though the breast massage was painful as I suffered from engorgement during breast feeding.

My advice - prepare at least 4 towels so you can wash 2 on a daily basis and have spares for the next day :)

Hi Royal Bunny,

Just read your posts on CL and your masseuse . Thanks for the tips ! does your CL speak in EL??

Back