Confinement Lady To Recommend

Hi Mummies,

my edd is on 26 May 2011. I wam meeting May from I-Kare this evening to discuss my package. I think I will go ahead and engage her confinement nannies as I kinda like speaking to May. She seems to be able to keep her promise on the quality of confimnement nannies and also reading some of the mommies recommending on i-kare. Will keep you ladies posted on which nanny will be doing my confinement for me.

i also meeting May this sun to pay her the deposit and I have choosen Aunty Yuhua...hehe...hope everything goes smoothly

Hi

if anyone interested to get a cl, do pm me.

I am from feb 2011 thread. My current cl is so much better than my previous one. You can meet up with her if you want as she stays in singapore.

Hi

Just want to warn those who is taking Auntire Irene. I'm not sure whether she is a good CL cos at the end of the day, she told me a "story" and recommended her jie mei to me at the very last minute.

I don't like the feeling of being cheated. If she is already booked, just be frank about it and let me know, don't have to cook up story to buy my sympathy vote!

For Good Confinement Lady.. U can call Auntie Choo @ hp:98476976

She a non-stay CL can cook delcious CL Food with different method on 28days, Honest & great experience & Flexible lady.....u call her meet her & find out yourself...

@ hp:98476976

Hi,

I am into my 14th day of confinement. I am very happy with my current CL. She is from Malaysia (JB). She has been really helpful and that has allowed me to rest well and recuperate from my c-section.

She is very experienced in handling babies. She is also a fast worker. She cooks very well too and is proficient in knowing what I can eat and cannot eat due to c-section. She cooks and does laundry for my hubby too. Whenever she is free and baby is sleeping, she will help me to clean my kitchen, mop my house and even wash & scrub my toilets! Whenever there are guests in the house, she will bring them drinks without me asking her. When my Mom or MIL comes by, she will offer to cook extra rice for dinner for them. I mean, what else can I ask for...

If anyone of you is interested to engage her, you may want to talk to her since she is still in Singapore. She has another 14 days at my place.

Just sharing because I feel that it is very important to have a good helper during confinement period.

Hi ladies,

I need a confinement lady urgently in mid-July 2011.

If u know of any good CL, please PM me.

Appreciate it, thanks

Hi Luvbelle,

u do not accept PM.

My current confinement lady is Auntie Diana

Her rate is $2.1k for me as there is only hubby, baby n myself. It covers cooking confinement food for me, normal food for hubby, washing of bb, myself n hubby's clothes, care of bb n simple household chores like mopping n cleaning. Frankly, she has done more than expected.

Her sg no: 93513177 (my confinement ends on 30/3, she will b back in Malaysia after that)

Her m'sia no: 02 012-753 7873

hope this helps.

Hi All,

I have called Auntie Irene (She is ok to do my confinemnt) also but did not feel very comfortable with her after the chat so not getting her. but would jus like to add in my info for your reference..

1) Sh... paid $400 deposit in Oct10, EDD 27apr11, just called her she say she's the one doing my confinement

2) Chewwy.. just confirmed date. EDD end May. Have not pay her yet

3) Helen... EDD mid May, didn't pay her yet

4) Jess- EDD 13th May, paid her $400 deposit

5) Joyinsep - EDD 10th Sep, did not confirm her yet

Hi Justine,

I have a lady from Singapore Motherhood who has already come by my placeto interview my current CL. However, they met downstairs instead of coming up to my place. I am staying in the East.

Thanks!

Hi All

My confinement lady is also quite good. She is called Xin Hua. She has

20 years' experience. She can cook a variety of confinement food

(including soups and tonics), can take care of baby and do simple

housechores for you if you don't have a maid. She is very

pro-breastfeeding and can do breast massage too. I had quite a hard

time breastfeeding my first kid and she is really a great help.

You can contact her at +60172418030 (M'sia no.) or +6590395121 (Singapore HP).

hi, you can refer to the other post that i posted previously. apparently another mom also got the same call. our EDD is so close, and she still accept both our assignments. i paid her the deposit before cny.

initially i am still thinking whether i shld just go ahead, and get my mom or MIL to be ard to make sure things are ok. but after looking thru other mommies experience, i pretty much make up my mind to forgo the deposit and quickly look for a replacement.

i haven actually told her that i dun wan her service. right now, i am checking out agencies. i will settle her side once i get a replacement.

Hi Justine,

Have you managed to "interview" HappyStar's CL - Auntie Diana? How's your impression of her?

I have just spoken to her and is trying to arrange to meet up with her this Fri.

Hi All,

I'll like to recommend my current CL Aunty Ah Yoke. She is currently with me and has been a very easy-going CL.

The routine of her job (w/o supervision) goes like this:

7am - wakes up and get ready the red dates water

7-8am - bath for baby and give him his first feed

9-10am - Her own breakfast time while preparing for lunch

12pm - Lunch will be served

1-3pm - Some housework and she will rest in between

4-5pm - Clean the baby and get ready for dinner

6-7pm - Dinner will be ready for both myself and my hubby.

8-9pm - Clean the kitchen and will get ready to rest.

She is considered a very responsible and clean CL. In factm she is also very humble, always ensure my family eats first before she eats. And she is not those rumoured CL who will eat alot etc. She is very health conscious and only eat what she brings to Singapore.

Anyone who is interested can contact her at 9465 9516. Her M'sia no. is 019-336-6585. Just let her know recommended by Miss Ong in Hougang. But she speaks mandarin and hokkien only and she charges S$2K for 28 days.

Good luck in your CL finding [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Ladies,

Btw, I actually booked Aunty Irene earlier but she couldn't come as I delivered earlier. After some correspondences with her, I agree that she has been over-rated and do not recommend her..She's kind of "money face". Just my 2 cents worth.

Hi all,

I have also paid the deposit to Irene. After reading so much comment abt her, really think twice to forgo the deposit, really feel tired in doing preparation for confinement, seems like not smooth..By the way, do i need to inform her i dun want her for my confinement anymore?

Hi wonder anyone use auntie Ya fern from I-kare before? Pls share some comments

mummies, i'm upset to hear about Auntie Irene. I also booked her for my confinement in June. Is she doing confinement here in Singapore now ? Why not I go and look for her at a suitable time and demand our deposit back, if not, she has to ensure she do a good job for us ? If we just forgo, we are shortchanging ourselves isn't it ? The refund is reasonable cos we have to look for another CL in such a short period of time, she has to compensate us.

Hi,

I have cancelled my booking with auntie irene and she offered to return the deposit herself and I am still waiting for her to transfer the money. I will chase her until she return me the money.

I am quite surprised that a few mommies actually wanted to forgo the deposit, I think we should get it back from her so that she will think twice before accepting the confinement jobs from other mommies. If we forgo, then she will continue her way and more mommies will be cheated by her.

Anna, my delivery is also in June, 21st June and i have paid her $400..seems that so many of us are delivering ard the same time and she is happily collecting deposits from everyone..

I second the idea of getting $$ back. Alr so stress being pregnant and at work, now so near liao still need to find a good CL at such last minute..

Hi Mummies,

I don't think she will refund the deposit. When i talk to her to cancel my booking, she told me directly that she will not refund the deposit to me bcuz i am the one who rejected her service not bcuz she dun want to do for me.

Jess, u are very lucky that she willing to refund the deposit to you[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

jess, i think she dun mind to refund you becos she got too many June assignments on hand, so you are lucky... the rest of us, she wants to keep the job... so many in June, who are we going to get for our confinement ?

I am trying to get feedback from her from a mummy who recommended her in Feb 11 under another thread. So sian, my first time hiring CL... thot i will get some good help from this forum

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/4446923.html?1303136187

I am not delivering in June, in fact is next week. For me, becoz I will be delivering 2 weeks earlier and I knew that she has accepted job near to that date. So i called her up and told her the date and insist that she come and do the job for me and not her jie meis. She cannot promise and hence offer to refund herself.

So since she has accepted so many assignments in June, you all can insist that you only wan her service and not other recommendation, then see how she going to arrange. If she cannot promise, insist for refund. Unless, before that you already told her you dun mind her jie meis if she cannot come personally.

I hired her is because my friend used her before and she also got recommend her in forum in one of the thread. But I tink after that, she become famous and used this opportunity to con us.

jess, she called me once to ask me abt my c-sect date. When i told her it is on 21st June (to coincide with my son's school holiday - easier for all of us), she hmm for a while and then say mabbe her jie mei will do for me, then i told her I don't want..but she never say anything. Said she will arrange.

Jess,

My mum will help up. The only matter to worry is whether mum can cope with my eldest & this 2nd,cooking, nite care & etc...that's y i need CL to help, but ended up like this.

Hi,

I think you all don't need to call Auntie Irene to cancel. Somemore get scolding from her when she's in the wrong. I think she won't admit that she's wrong and will continue to stick to her lie on 'she's going to turn up at your confinement.'

Since she purposely arrange so many mtb to be at such close dates, she should have already either plan to do herself or ask her friend to take over. I believe she take commission when she get her friends to do. So just ask them to come when you deliver, and make sure they work at least 1 week (fully utilised the $400 deposit) and ask them to go. Meanwhile, make arrangement for alternatives, either another CL or family to help out.

Main thing is don't let them know that you're going to sack them after the 1st week. I don't think we should just forgo the deposit, its like too easy money for her.

Hi Shan, my edd is in Jul and I have alrdy book CL from i-kare...duno good or not, so wait till the day comes...hahaha

Hi All

irene's jie mei - Er jie's contact is 8243 4257 (sg) or 6016 452 8916 (msia no.)

She is 57 yo but look only early fifties, definately her engery to look aft bb n mom is there. She can cook nice food as well as i am a picky eater yet she can cook to my liking....

she does help out in a bit of laundry hanging, clothes folding, and sometimes mopping the floor if bb is cooperative.

she is really a great help.

ann01jan or other mummies out there,

er jie is still wif me and i let her know of the situation. in fact, she is more than willing to take up any of the jun assignments as Irene is the one who collected the deposit and she hasnt gt any $ from irene. she will only collect the bal from mummies who she do confinement wif.

so she might be a victim too reserving her slots for irene's cases and if any of u juz forfeit the deposit, she oso no income/job.

she will be wif me till 16 may. any mummies wanna meet her can call her actually.....think engaging her is better than forfeiting the deposit.

good luck to your CL hunt....

Hi mummies out there,

I think it is better to go through agency to employ a confinement nanny than through forum or recommendations.

My friend recommend me her CL and I was utterly disappointed with her. She is very naggy, chatty and doesnt respect my personal space.

When hubby called up to enquiry some things with my cousin, she will come into the room and listen. Such a busybody.

I regretted for not going ahead with agency. So I hope mummies out there... it is better go with agency. If u are not happy, u can call up agency to change.

Unlike me now, I got to stuck with her for another 3 weeks...

Hi All,

I'm a new mum in this forum with a pair of 26 days old identical twin boys and I would like to share my experience and recommend my current CL, Meiling and I-kare agency.

Before contacting I-kare, I too, am looking around for CLs and have no clue whom to get.. thro this forum, I learnt bout i-kare and I contacted May.

After talking to May, I found out that unlike other agencies, i-kare has their own exclusive nannies and May will assign a nanny whom is suitable for your needs.

Meiling, currently with me, is really good and works fast. And I would say she’s a god-sent helper for me.. She helps with the chores, does the laundry and prepares food, not just for me, also for my family members.. And furthermore, she takes very good care of my twins and is very careful with the boys.. **which allows me to have full rest during this period**..

I am not too sure if my experience is useful to you, but from what I have been thro, I feel its best for you to talk to the agencies before deciding what is best for you and for you infant. Getting right help is something that is really important esp when you are in confinement.

Hi All,

I was recommended Meiling & Aili from I-Kare, can someone please provide some feedbacks on them.

Thanks.

ger, Meiling's recommendations???? I hope u r reading the above post! I only hv a friendly advise, trust the person you use..., in this case, it's I-kare.

We have a confinement nanny to recommend. Her name is Siew Zhen jie. She's been with us for more than a month. We extended her service by about a week because she has done such a wonderful job. It was nearly handsfree for both of us because she practically does everything.

The baby sleeps with her so she does the night shift. Hubby doesn't have to wake up but I have to wake up to pump milk.

Nanny is quite up to date and even knows the difference between what KK recommends and what Thomson recommends. She takes good care of baby, bathing, wiping, changing nappies, feeding, patting her to sleep. Baby is now so close to her to our embarrassment. When we carry baby, she tends to fidgit but when nanny carries, she's all happy.

Nanny does all the cooking, cooks nutritious food for me and mops the floor. Doesn't eat much, doesn't ask to watch TV. Excellent, dedicated worker.

Today is her last day. Dread how we can cope without her.

Anyway, nanny told me that her next assignment for two months is cancelled because the baby came out premature and will be in hospital care for long, long time. So her next employer has decided to forfeit their deposit.

Nanny is available now so grab her if you need one.

If she is still in Singapore, you can reach her at 92440112.

If she has gone back to Malaysia, you can reach her at 60197733251 or 60127393588.

Hi all,

Would like to check if any mummies here needed to apply for a working permit (?) or some sort of pass for their confinement lady?

I just called up one, and she said that as she would be away for 2 months for her previous job, if she were to take up mine after dat, i would need to apply for the pass or permit which costs $100+. Is this true?

First-time engaging a CL, so really not sure how things work. Greatly appreciate any help!

Thanks!

Hi all mummies,

My earlier post mentioned that I am stuck with a busybody nanny.

Personally, my family doesn't like her. She is very stubborn and insisted her ways. We are like in her mercy hands.

My dad went out the whole day and came back home at night as he doesn't want to see her.

When she was feeding my baby, she will turn on the fan and blow directly at herself (the fan location was only like 3 steps away from her). Which I heard later on from my relatives that this is not good for baby.

I can understand that May is a hotter month but just imagine an infant who is less than 2 weeks old, u just on the fan and blow directly. The fan was later on move to a further location by my dad which I will on it for her. If not, she will ask me to turn it on for her.

Hospital taught us to wrap baby's body up and wash her hair but she just took off all her clothes and start cleaning and washing her. The baby wash should be dropped into the water but she put it on my girl's head and body. When we corrected her, she still insist her way is correct.

She will also gossip and talked bad about my dad and my in-laws and which later on, I heard from my dad telling my cousins that she talked bad about me in-front of my dad.

She also request to go out and settled her personal things on 2 occasions. Are nannies supposed to do so? She left me alone with my baby girl.

When she goes to the market and buy those black chicken back, she will buy the things she wants to eat back and charged it to our account. Furthermore, she told me she is going to buy black chicken back but how come she will buy some other things back too?

We bought food inside the fridge but she will want to eat things to her liking.

There are just so many things which I think it is too long to write them now.

She is from JB and her name is Chen Jin Yu, aged 47. Singapore hp: XXXX 3165

Think twice about engaging her. We feel that she is half bucket. Doesn't really know much stuff.

I certainly do not TRUST freelance CL anymore especially when Auntie Irene case pop up! But still I do believe there are still 'good ones' out there.

Auntie Irene case has caution mummies here about how scheming the freelance CL has become!

Mummies, Pls hv some responsibilities when posting yr recommendations here.

Hi Moms!!! I'm looking for a confinement nanny too and after reading the above posts I feel an agency may be best! Can anyone share the rates for I kare? Can we choose our nanny or does May appoint one? Any other good recommended agencies and names of nannies? Thanks!!!

Back