Confinement lady NIGHTMARE

dear mummies, irene called my hubby on sunday and said that she is currently stuck in msia and cannot come in to SG to do confinement for me. she also started off asking my hub if i have delivered. then she start telling that she will introduce her jie mei to do the job. my hubz insist that she do her job instead of her jie mei. she wasn't too happy about it. end up my hub ended the call by telling her to return the deposit whenever she is back to SG. With that, we have decided to close the episode with her and gave up on our deposit.

Hi ybaby,

did she give a valid reason as to why she's stuck in msia? If she's willing to refund the deposit, get it back from her. shouldn't let her think that it's so easy to cheat ppl of their money...

nope, she said nothing about why she is stuck. probably another of her excuses again. we paid her $400 and certainly heartpain over the money but i am due anytime so dun wan to worry too much about it already. if she dare call again, we will tell her that we will report police. i am even surprised that her jie mei quoted the agency that they are previously working for. they were fired due to integrity issues but the family then decided to let the matter rest and not report to the police.

this irene is just lying over and over again. i hope other mummies will not fall for it like us and provide her with easy money [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

btw, i took a shot of her passport when i paid her the deposit. issue date was indeed in apr 07, so the part abt her passport being robbed were definitely all lies.

Hi all I'm now doing confinement with a friend's auntie, she was a replacement I found, all thanks to that auntie Irene. My current one looks after me and baby very well, I'm so relieved to have her around. I won't elaborate much here cos she goes purely by recommendation from people she knows. And she makes sure she has enough rest in between assignments, so she mostly do alternate months unless really coincident the dates are well spaced. She has relative or friends who will wait for her to do their confinement.

I know some mummies may be like me few months back, looking for replacement cl, again thanks to auntie irene, just pm me if u are keen to engage my CL, will help u to check with her on her availability...

Hi,I would like to share my recent bad experience with my CL. Her name is Aunty Siew Rong from Malaysia, serkamat ( not very sure of the spelling) her contact no is 60177008542.

She is very experienced so she refused to listen or take instruction from me. Like I told her I do not want my girl to sleep on her stomach at night but she ignores. She also kept watching tv and practically on the tv about 14 hrs a day. She treated my she like her own and just re-arrange my things & throw away my things w/o even asking me! Worse thing is when me or my mum wants to find something, she kept saying that the thing is not there & don't allow us to find. When we insisted & managed to find the thing then she would said "I don't know it's there".

She also force feed my girl (120ml per 3hrs) with both my ebm & formula milk (at night) so my girl won't wake up often. Now when I took over these 2 days, my girl is satisfied with just 90ml! And she is very rough in carrying my baby, all my relative & friends got a shock when they saw how she carried my girl during the full mth celebration.

The worse thing is she kept asking us to buy groceries like veg & meat very 2-3 days. Initially we acceded to her requests but after 2wks I realized that my fridge is full of stuff so I stopped acceding to her requests. Then she kept nagging my mum ( who'll visit me almost daily) to buy & if my mum dun, she'll start cooking very little dishes for me. She also always cooked alot of rice & end up we can't finished it & have to throw away. Can u believed she finished up a packet of 5kg rice within 1wk & there are only my husband, myself, a maid ( who dun eat much) & the CL (who also dun eat much) at hm?

She is also very wasteful in using the water, electricity & gas. I'm prepared to be shocked when I received my utilities bill for this month!

There are a lot more unpleasant stuff that I had encountered with her, so I want to warn those who are considering to engage her to think twice.

I wanted to ask her to leave on her 3rd week( as my maid had arrived) but my mum ask me to endure as I'm still in my confinement & needed a extra helping hand & my maid is new, I have no choice but to endure. I was so relieved when she left & even my maid was relieved as she was quite fierce to her & will tell her off when my maid spotted her doing something wrong..

This experience made me not wanting to engage any CL if I have a 2nd child.

Dear ALL

RE Auntie Irene (Yong Nyuk Yin).

She is working for us now in Singapore. Been here since 11 June 2011. I already told her EDD first 2 weeks of June. Now I am concerned. How can I touch base with rest of you?

interesting, she called my husband using her msia hp just last week and said she can't come to sg. and now she is working for u?

Hi ybaby

Saw ur earlier post that she called ur H on sun. She has been at my place since sat. I note that when she called me on sat, it was with a different local line. We confirmed her services in feb and paid $500 deposit. I got her to sign on photocopy of her passport.

The picture above doesn't look like her and she is not so well-groomed. This is an auntie with reddish dyed, permed hair and when I met her months ago, she was wearing ALOT of jewellery and trinkets on her hands and neck.

All mummies who have paid her deposit, did you get her to sign anything stating that she has received X amount as deposit for the services to be rendered?

Hi brikette,

yes, your description is very accurate. she was also wearing a very red lipstick when i met up with her.

didn't get her to sign anything, but got a shot of her passport. too ignorant as this is the first time we are getting a CL...

Hi A Lim,

is she ok so far doing your confinement?

re: auntie Irene, my wife has also paid deposit to her (which i'm asking her to forgo), our baby came out this week (expected mid july) and she sent her jie mei - yoke lan auntie to work for us. her 2nd day today. compared to our 1st CL with #1, she is a far cry, not automatic enough and her cooking is just so-so. Irene is supposed to start 1st july with us, maybe i should cancel that. I did a search in this forum as I told my wife that she might have been cheated by this auntie (normally i dont really bother about these matters). According to my wife, this so called Irene said she wont take any jobs in june in case our baby comes earlier (which is the case now). Then when we called her, she cooks up a story saying she's on another job that will last till 8th July, does that sync? I think this so called Irene should refund all our deposits back else it would amount to a case of fraud which i sense is happening. taking so many cases in a month!!

Hi Richard Tan

Is Irene doing confinement for your wife now?

She just called me again to ask if I will give birth earlier (sigh) and told me that her current assignmt will end end Jul.

Btw, she's also changed her sg mobile no.

Auntie Irene just called me last week to ask me "how I am". She changed her S'pore mobile no. Her new contact no. is 92410658.

Auntie Irene called me today. Apparently now, her father passed away. She's asking for $300 advance. Told her I'm not feeling well, but she ignored me and kept rattling on and on over the phone. Afterwards, she kept calling me non-stop!

She just called me saying that she can't do confinement for me anymore. And she volunteered to refund the deposit to me. Have already given her my a/c no. Let's see how honest she is.

If she is really willing to spit out my deposit, then her integrity issue isn't as bad as what we thought. I will update here again whether I've received the money or not.

Hi mums, I would like to share my HORRID encounter too with this company and 'co-owner' May from i-kare.

After chasing her for more then 2 months for the contract to confirm the "Feng Jie' that she promised (we didnt even get to see Fen Jie's picture nor passport as she was 'renewing it', even though May promised to send it over), when we were overseas May finally sent us the contact. When we got back, we received a rude SMS stating that 'if you dont want Feng Jie I will let her go'. From her email to our return was 6 days, after calling her for more 2 days and when she finally answered; i explained that we were overseas and her curt response was 'you dont tell me how i know'. Hence suspicion set in.

On the day we spoke was the day we sent the contract immediate over. Out of good faith even though we were promised things, the contract had no coverage and minute assurance for the client; we still sent it in with A clause inclusion of what we thought was just- 'the nanny shall exercise due diligence for safety and hygience when caring for the Baby and mother'. With this another lengthy SMS came from May that I was being inconsiderate and insensible to have such a clause. Excuse me?!?! to ask that the nanny be safe and clean is not a worthy cause to protect the client?

Hence she found it unacceptable as it was her terms only and simply said 'its ok' and stopped all correspondence with us without even a discussion. Now i am left stranded 2 months before baby arrives. I simply MUST tell this incident to all mums to be to be cautious of this company. Just because we needed extra help to care for our newborn does not mean these companies can take advantage of our plight. I didnt want to complain to the registra of companies but if this is happening to me, it would happen to others too! I simply cant believe this....

Take heed mums to be;

xoxo STranded... and upset...

Hi Stranded... try confinementnanny.com. I just signed a pkg with Jo. She's quite friendly. My EDD is in mid Oct so dun worry k. She might be able to work something out for you.

I had a bad encounter with this May too. She said she'll get back to me but never hear from her. I guess complacency has set in...

Hi Jinnous, thanks for the support. I had a nervous breakdown when this happened, sigh...yes yes i will check the webpage you recommended thanks so much...

Beware of Auntie Irene that Trinket reccommended. She charged me $2400, quite frankly, i don't mind the price, coz she said she love dogs, and i got a golden retriever at home. For that reason, i don't mind paying $400 above market rate. However, what she said is not true, and she hated dogs. Also told me she will not help me with the vacuum of the floor, and said she hv never touched a vacuun cleaner for her entire CL career!! My dog pooped.. And i was alone at home, i delivered via c-section, wound not healed yet, and i told her to help me with the poo, she got so offended and expect me to clean up myself.

Nightmare with Aunty Irene, and with the replacement confinement lady from I-Kare.

This is a message to help warn people of Aunty Irene, and also to let you all know about the bad experience I had with I-Kare confinement lady. I too, was a victim to Aunty Irene's 'fraud' case, and double whammy when I found a replacement from I-Kare that did not turn out to be good. This is my first baby, expected delivery date 10th June.

I engaged Aunty Irene in Jan 2011 upon seeing the good recommendations in the forum. Had a personal meeting with her, and took a copy of her passport and an invoice stating the $400 deposit taken, against the $2200 confinement fee. I asked if she would be the one doing the confinement herself. She said that she would be doing so, unless my baby came out earlier and the previous confinement had not been completed yet, or the previous confinement started later than expected. Then she would find somebody to do my confinement, stating that she worked with a few others.

In Mar, she called to say her mother had just passed away and would like to take an advance of $300 which would come out of the total confinement fee later. I gave her the money under 2 considerations: 1. Did not feel that she would be so horrible as to cook up a story regarding her mother's death just to get $300 extra from everyone. 2. If her mother had really passed away, I sympathized and wanted to help.

Around Apr, she called me and asked how I was doing. I thought that was nice of her. SHe also reassured me that she would do my confinement and take care of me as I had been nice to give her the advance (total of $700). I asked her again if she would confirm that she is the one doing my confinement, and she gave the same answer as she did in Jan.

In late May, My gynae told me to fix a ceasarean date as I was past the 37th week, and baby showed no signs of engaging. I had my ceasarean fixed for 2nd June, and confirmed with the hospital on 25th June. I called Aunty Irene once I confirmed to inform her that I needed her to start my confinement on 5th June when I come out of hospital. This would be earlier than my EDD of 10th June, by only 5 days. Then she told me, her friend Er Jie would be doing my confinement. I was uncomfortable with the arrangement and told her so. I asked for Er Jie's contact (in order to see if it was a bogus person) and called her. I was still uncomfortable with this, so I started searching online for a replacement confinement nanny, which led me to read all these threads about her taking on too many cases. I was still at work that week. On May 27th I called Aunty Irene again, to tell her that I had engaged her services specifically because other persons had gave her good feedback. Then her stories started. She said that she needed to do another confinement in mid June for an expected pair of twins, which her friend was not able to do as her friend had no experience there. I asked her outright that I had engaged her very early, so how come she had another confinement in mid Jun? And she immediately said that she had taken up the mid-Jun confinement earlier than mine. She didn't state when, though I didn't believe her since I had engaged her in Jan, which is quite early already. Also, her friend Er Jie could only start my confinement on 9th June, as she had her son's wedding to attend before that and could not come out earlier. ON the information that my EDD was 10th June, even if Aunty Irene had planned all along for somebody else to take my confinement, this was horrendous as I could have delivered earlier than 10th June, and I'm sure the wedding was planned way in advance. She said she would book the airticket to come out on 3rd June, and be ready to come to my place on 5th June. Then let Er Jie take over from 9th June. All this had already led me to be pretty upset, as my ceasarean was planned only a week earlier than my EDD. And I found out from this forum, that another lady had engaged her services with the same ceasarean date! And I had called I-Kare (May) to find out that she still had one confinement lady available. The supposed good thing about using an agency is a free replacement if you find that the first one does not suit you.

I went into spontaneous labour in the wee hours of 28th May, went to doctor to check at 10am and was told that I was already dilated and should admit to hospital. I delivered via natural birth on 28th May.

When I found that I was going to deliver that day, I called Aunty Irene again, to tell her that I needed her/her friend to come earlier, and asked about her plans. She said she would do my confinement from 30th May to 9th Jun for 10 days, then let Er Jie take over. She also said she would see if she could change her air ticket to an earlier date. I let her go make the arrangements as she said she would inform me once everything was confirmed. I then went into delivery, and my phone was shut off. I delivered that evening at around 8pm, and after that found out that Aunty Irene had called me several times earlier. I was both amused and sceptical because she had tried to call a lady who had told her she was going in to deliver !

My husband was extremely displeased with her (to say the least), but wanted to respect my wishes on that. I was too tired to continue looking for the replacement (I had not confirmed with I-Kare), so wanted to take up Aunty Irene's arrangement. She told me on May 29th, that she was NOT able to change her air ticket, and could only come my place earliest 3rd/4th June. I let it be and after discussion with my hubby, decided to confirm with I-Kare. I was already in a situation where I had to be on my own for 3-4 days, then have Aunty Irene for 5-6 days, then have Er Jie for the rest of the confinement. This was a very bad arrangement.

I confirmed with I-Kare (May) on Monday 30th May, and she said she would bring this lady on 1st Jun to my place herself as she would settle the paperwork on the spot. She would also be collecting full payment up front due to last minute arrangement. I was happy with May over the phone, as she sounded engaging and professional. My husband then called Aunty Irene to let her know that I did not need her services anymore. She said she would refund my deposit in Jul when she comes to Singapore for her next engagement.

Aunty Irene called me in mid Jun, to ask how I was. I believe she was testing waters to see whether I would relent on her to give back the deposit, as she kept emphasizing that the air ticket cost her $400. I told her I was very tired, and would see her in Jul when she returns the deposit ($700). That was the last I heard from her. When I finally settled in and had more energy, I called Aunty Irene in early Aug only to find out that her SG number seems to have been cut, and her MY number seemed to be permanently off. She had not contacted me in Jul as promised.

I am now going to try her new hp number (Thank you Fiona!) and see if she returns my deposit. I will be considering police action if she does not. Will update this thread accordingly.

Regarding the I-Kare confinement lady, the message is shorter. She had been doing nany duties for the past 17th mths (taking care of baby from 0 mth to 17th mth), and had just started on confinement work again with my case. She was competent! She made sure she cooked the soups, food for hubby and I, washed clothes (mine, hubby's and baby's), took care of baby during the night and also during the day, took only small breaks when baby was sleeping etc. The few main issues we had was 1. She used her own method of taking care of baby, doing what we asked her to do in front of us, but many times we caught her doing the exact opposite ! (like not carrying the baby to sleep, or making baby noises when we wanted baby to hear proper words) 2. She was very at odds with our house. In the time she was here, things in our house seem to break. My kitchen tap started leaking, the glass panel of the cabinet loosened and popped out at the corners (Dangerous!), bottle brush broke, door lock spoilt, clothes hanger handle broke (the type you use to lift your clothes rod onto the rack).... 3. She kept saying her experiences with other babies, and that all babies were the same, plus saying that don't listen to the doctors and nurses, because those pple never took care of their babies themselves......??????

Her name is Mei-Jie from I-Kare. I believe there are a couple of the same name. If you want to make sure, remember to ask if she has nannying experience for young babies (she took care of a child from 0 mth to 17th mths old).

Will update this thread later with anything I might find from Aunty Irene.

Woon Leng, OMG! What an event for your confinement..so in the end u still keep the iKare CL to finish off your confinement for u or u sacked her halfway?

I realised Aunty Irene, YokeLan, ErJie work as a grp. They will pass their clients to each other if they can't take up the assignment. Also, they r the gambling kakis. My neighbour also 1 of the victim and she was complaining to me that the CL demanded for return coach/air tix to M'sia and also both ways taxi fares. Rediculous!!

If I were u, I'll report police..we as mummy must stop all these syndicate chain of CL. $700 deposit is our hard earn $$..sigh

Apple.. Anything abt YokeLan to share? I engaged Irene, she came for a few days and told YokeLan to take over as she is very afraid of my golden retriever( not sure if its true or a lie) still in the 2nd wk of confinement with Yoke Lan, should i take any precautions abt her?

Wow, after hearing so many stories about Aunty Irene, believe she earn tons of money just by collecting deposit alone cos many mummy back out and forfeited their deposit. She don't even need to work, just make up stories and tell lies.

Xiaoqing, the end of confinement don't let her keep her baggage at your place. Settle her salary & give her an Ang pow gd enough

Updates of Irene:

She contacted me last month to cancel her job assignment with me and volunteered to refund me my $500. She said she's a bit tight of cash and requested to return in 2 installments of $250 - by 27th Aug and 30 Sept.

She just called me again 15 mins ago, saying that I put up such a big picture of her up here and causing her to be detained at the customs. She said that she can no longer come into S' pore and hence unable to return me the $ forever.

Absolutely BULLSHIT!!! Does she take me for a fool?!!!

(1) The photo was put up by me in May. It's August now. She was running in and out of S'pore during this period of time.

(2) If she truly wants to return the $, she can still send it in even if she can't physically come in.

(3) I have friends working in ICA. Just a phone call and I'm able to find out whether she's been barred from coming in or not.

Totally crap and excuses. I'm not buying her words anymore.

She took my $500 deposit and never show up for work. No refund from her. That has constituted a fraud and a criminal offence.

I'm gonna adhere to the 27th deadline. If the money is still not in by 27th, I AM LODGING A POLICE REPORT. And I will report her to ICA as well.

I will scan the police report and put it up here too.

APPEAL to all mummies cheated by Irene Yong Nyuk Yin

I'm lodging a police report on 28th August (Sunday).

I appeal to u to do the same at your own neighbourhood police post too.

Why should we give her easy money for not doing a single day of work?

Why should we let her off so that she can go around cheating other mummies?

People like her should be put behind bars or at least barred from coming into S'pore lest she thought that we S'poreans are so easily conned and bullied.

If u need her passport for lodging a police report, please feel free to PM me.

Paging for Woon Leng...u do not accept pm. Can drop me a msg?

HI Fiona, Your profile does not accept pm either? I just edited my profile, can try again?

Regarding police report, I will definitely be lodging one. Just trying to find some time next week or the week after to see when it can be done, and which police post to lodge it at (because I'm running around a few places with baby nowadays)

To GreenApple: I continued with the IKare confinement lady, cos I really needed somebody to take care of things around the house. My hubby and I are new at this, the parents can't help much, and she actually IS competent. She is clean/hygienic (to a point where she used up 6 bottles of Pigeon liquid detergent over 4 weeks....), doesn't really complain, and only takes breaks when the baby is sleeping and she had finished her work. However, she does seem to only be able to do things HER way, hence the insensitive comments, the breaking of stuff etc.

Btw, her cooking was quite bland....but then tastebuds are subjective...

Fiona, I think aunty Irene is in SG doing confinement. I doubt she being detained by customs as she mentioned to u. My friend also waiting for her refund.

GK, I didn't buy her story of being detained at the customs either. Especially she's using the excuse of being barred from coming into S'pore and hence, "unable to refund me indefinitely". What crap!! Think she's testing water with me.

If she's really keen to be detained by the customs, fine! I can help her with that. I've already lost my deposit of $500. I have nothing to lose further. If she wants to play further tricks with me, she better think carefully whether she wants to risk breaking her rice bowl and spend time behind bars.

Anyway her son contacted me and appeal to extend the repayment deadline to 10th Sept. This is the last chance I am giving her. NO more extensions. My husband has his contacts. If we do not receive the first installment by the 10th, we will alert the relevant authorities and nail her down. She can say good bye to her confinement lady career. And I mean business.

如果她认为新加坡人的钱有这么好骗的话,那她这次肯定是踢到我这块铁板了。她要是不把订金给吐出来归还的话,我绝对会通过法律途经让她付出代价,欲哭无泪!她还以为我拿她无可奈何。我可不是空口说白话。不信的话,她可以试试看!到时可别怪我狠。

I engaged Irene Yong Nyuk Yin (Ah Lian)'s service and paid her a deposit of $400 in early April. She claimed that her mother passed away and requested for an additional $100 which I acceded to, based on compassionate grounds. In total, I gave her $500.

I only came to realize of this thread in May. Horrified as I was, I did not reject her assignment. I came online from time to time to check for updates about her and to contribute in the discussions.

End June. Mdm Ida the famous Malay masseur came over for my pre-natal massage. I shared with her about Irene and showed her the photo online. Mdm Ida told me Irene tried to steal many cans of abalones from one of her customers' place on her last day of work. I was appalled.

13th July, she called me and requested for $300 cash advance as her father had passed away. I've already been forewarned. Therefore I refused.

1st Aug, she called again to confront me. She said that she's aware that I had been "bad-mouthing" her in this thread. She said she don't feel happy working for me anymore and rejected my assignment. She offered to refund me my deposit of $500 and told me to SMS her my bank a/c no.

A week later, still no money being transferred into my a/c. I called her. She said that she's suffering from bad biz due to the negative comments online and requested to repay me in two installments, the first $250 by 27th Aug and second $250 by 30th Sept.

23rd Aug, just four days before the 27th deadline...she called me from Malaysia. She said that I put up such a big photo of her (see above entry on 6th May) and caused her to be detained for hours at the Customs. She was hence unable to come in to repay me my deposit PERMANENTLY as she was being barred from coming into Sg. I did not buy her story. The photo was put up in May. She was running betw SG and ML during this period of time. Why only detained now? I told her if she's genuine in wanting to repay me, she could send the money in even if she couldn't come into Sg physically. She panicked and changed her words. She said she wanted to repay me but her pocket was tight. I demanded for her to adhere to 27th deadline, if not, I will lodge a police report. She hanged up on me.

On the same day, her son called me from Malaysia. He pleaded for me not to lodge a police report and that he'd repay the deposit on behalf of his mother. I shared with him what his mother had done and what drove me to want to take action against her. I agreed to his request to extend the deadline, with the first installment by 10th Sept and the second by 20th Sept. I SMS him my bank a/c no .

25th Aug, after I posted the above entry in Chinese, a woman claiming to be Irene's friend from the same hometown called and appealed for me to give Irene "a way out to survive".

31st Aug, Irene called me from ML. I missed her call twice. The 10th deadline was not here yet. I sensed that she could be having something up her sleeves again so I didn't return call.

She spoke to another mummy in this thread and told her to convey a msg to me. Apparently, she was enraged that I told her son that she was being sacked by PEM confinement agency due to integrity issues. (Who gave my contact no. to her son and asked him to contact me in the first place?) She demanded that I owe her an apology and that she's very pissed with me now and does NOT want to refund me anymore. She said she had told her son NOT to repay me as well. She challenged me to lodge a police report. She said she's prepared not to come into SG anymore.

I sms her son yesterday and asked if he's going to honour the first installment on 10th Sept. No reply till date.

Excuses, excuses, excuses.....She had no intention to refund me my deposit right from the beginning.

(1) She has not worked a single day for me after taking my money. What gave her the right to decide whether she wants to refund or not? According to her, she's happy, she will refund. If she's not happy with you, she will not refund. She act like the money is rightfully hers in the first place. Only dumbos like me will take pity on her and gave her extra $100 out of compassion.

(2) No money to return. But was spotted at MBS casino gambling away with our mtbs' hard earned money.

(3) She took my money and now she wants me to apologize to her. For?? Ya, rite. I must apologize to her for giving her money. Crap!

This woman is a THIEF, a CON, a CHEAT and a FRAUD.

Irene Yong Nyuk Yin (Ah Lian) ~

Sg Contact No: 92410658 / 81486751

ML Contact No: +60 168029823

Irene’s son ~

ML Contact No: +60 165867997

Irene’s friend ~

SG Contact No: 62505484

I had lodged a police report.

Please see below:

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5984646.jpg]

Mummies, please pass the word around.

Do NOT hire Irene Yong Nyuk Yin (Ah Lian), Yoke Lan and Er Jie for your confinement lest you'd be like me!

APPEAL TO MUMMIES TO LODGE POLICE REPORT OF IRENE

My husband and I had lodged a police report against Irene Yong Nyuk Yin.

She took $500 deposit from us, did not show up for assignment and did not refund us.

The Police had done a basic screening of her record. Thus far, no one had lodged a report of her. (I'm surprised!)

We spoke to the Investigations Officer. This only constitutes a Breach of Agreement (BOA). We have to go to CASE to issue her a summon.

We highlighted to the Officer that she had been cheating a lot of mtbs in the forum. He said in order to substantiate as a Cheat / Con case, more mtbs will have to lodge a police report against her. Then the SG police will work with the ML police to issue her a summon in ML. If she does not show up, the police will work with ICA to issue a warrant for her arrest. Should she try to cross over to Singapore, she will be arrested at the Customs.

Mummies, why would you want to give her easy money just like that? It's your hard-earned money. People like her should NOT be allowed to go around cheating mtbs' money anymore. And imagine the stress and frustration she gave you when not showing up for work last min? Or having to change confinement lady at the last min?

It just take a couple of hours to go down to the police station and make a report. Every report that mummies make count! Once we hit the number, the police will be able to track a pattern to her cheating and take action against her.

U just need her passport number to lodge a police report will do. If U do not have it, do feel free to PM me. I can email you her passport shoot.

For your info, a couple of years ago, there was a case of con confinement lady as well. Lots of mtbs in the forum lodged a police report. The police lay a trap and arrested the CL. All the mtbs got their money back.

I dare not say that in our cases, we will definitely get our deposits back. But at least we DID something. Why suffer in silence? Why wait for others to make the report? Remember....strength counts!!

Will be posting in other websites / forums to rally other mtbs to lodge a police report against Irene.

Mummies, please help to pass the word around...thanks!!

Caution people around you NOT to hire her, Erjie and Yoke Lan for confinement.

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5984716.jpg]

Hi I had hired a CL called ah LAN , I am not sure whether is the Yoke Lan your guys talking abt . Anyone have her contact no?

I had the lady in the picture that Fiona Cham posted for confinement, in replacement to Irene. 15 days later, i kicked her out. My kitchen was dirty in a mess... She does not clean up the kitchen after cooking, in 15 days, my kitchen had a layer on oil on the walls, stove and cabinets. Also, she take naps every afternoon, and sit on the sofa to relax and talk on the phone ALOT! AND LOUDLY that i cn't rest! Worse of all, i caught her kept baby's washed laundry and left it on the room floor and went to chit cht on the phone in our balcony. I got really depressed at the state of the house as she did not clean them, and worse still, never clean up after her own mess after she uses the bathroom. stains and mould started to form, and my husband needed to clean up her fallen hair in the bathroom! After she left, we even found out that the glass bottles hospital gave us to store EBM, wasn't washed and was kept in the kitchen cabinet for 2 fxxxing weeks. By the time i found out, it was from the sour smell of the milk deposits in the bottles. When i wanted to kick her out, she even had a heated argument with me, saying that as confinement lady, her job is to take care of me, cook and take care of the baby, not do house cleaning. I figured out that i am over paying ($2400) an old lady relaxing in my house . with this amount, why not hire a maid, it'll last for half a year! But i must say, she loves our baby lot. That feeling cannot be faked. I guess it will make sense to hire her if you got the $ to hire someone to only look after the baby 24/7. She told me her name is Yu Lian, or Ah Lian. Fiona, why did u post her picture up then?

Fiona, as far the info she gave, she is not irene, irene is her friend, that i originally got for confinement, she replaces her, now i'm confused, these ladies share names?

Xiaoqing,

Irene and Ah Lian...it's the same person. The woman in the above pic. Isn't it obvious why she'd even lie about her name? Given the notoriety of the reputation of "Irene", of course she has to go by another name to get biz. She is also known as Ah Lian. She and her friends, they are a syndicate 老千 / 骗子集团!

Love for baby? I can't really comment on that cos she took my money and did not even work a single day for me. But look at Kokomi's first post in this thread. Offer baby dirty milk bottle. Did not wake up at night when baby crying. Is that love for baby should be like?? For all u know, she could be putting up a pretense in front of u only.

Errrr....love for bb?? Love for money more likely!

Mummies planning to lodge a police report, please quote me. This is to enable the police to link up our cases. Tks!

By the way, Irene Yong Nyuk Yin was a confinement lady with PEM confinement agency. To quote one of the mtbs here, she was terminated because of integrity issues. PEM refused to elaborate on that. 不知道做了什么见不得光还是违法的事?

Back