Confinement lady NIGHTMARE

sweetmartini

I wish to warn all mothers to be here to be careful in engaging the use of confinement lady. I have one who's real name is YONG NYUK YIN alias Antie Irene from malaysia Sabah (malaysia number 60168029823, singapore number 81486751. I am actually the husband using my wife account to relate the incident. I do not like to complain or bad mouth anyone BUT IF SOMEONES INEGRITY is to be questioned, i feel people need to be warned. At the end of the day it is OUR HARD EARN MONEY and engaging a confinement maid is not cheap . HEr rate was 4000 due to the chinese new year period and twins, thats the pay of a graduate in singapore! BTW we got her contact from this forum (anyway one man's meat is another man's poison)

Why do i say intergrity problem? the story goes like this on 2010 december 31st, my wife received a call from her saying that she was robbed in Marseling and all her passpost and money was stolen and she needed money because she was robbed!. My wife was 34weeks pregant and with the tummy went to meet her to pass her 400 dollars since she needed the money to go home. Anyway we wanted her to go home so we dint mind take is as advance payment anyway , Mind you just one month ago we paid her 800 as deposit, so total we paid her 1200 even before ahe started work. This will set the stage for LATER

So when my wife delivered on 29/1/11, we called her to come on 1/2/11 but last min the babies cannot be discharged duw to jaundice so we changed to 4/2/11 but she say she wanted to stay for CNY at home. But i was paying her a surcharge for the CNY period. Anyway we said Ok because i want the nanny to be happy so she came on 5/2/11.

That is when the nightmare began and how i know she "con" our money , but she keep insisting she did not. (for a guy typing this YOU MUst be wondering i am a complain KING RIGHT , trust me my work email is not even this long, i am fuelled by extreme anger and disappointment)

day 1: she came coughing and sick, she said she was sick since the pass 5 days, anyway i say OK lah we cannot be mean right but you must WEAR A MASK when feeding the babies. (ISnt that too much to ask ? the first feeding she was coughing straight into my babies face, even cough into my face i also dont like right? So the first day she wear, at night when i woke up i saw her feeding without the mask and coughing, i never say anything. The next day she also never wear . SO i tought i dont want to create animosity on the second day right so i offered to bring her to the docters. We went to see a GP during CNY and i paid 90 bucks for her. I told her say rest and i take care and pls wear a mask. From day 2 till day 6 , she never wore a single MASK , btw i bought a whole box of surgical mask

day 2/3 : I have a maid at home , so basically she just need to feed the baby at night and cook for my wife, feeding in the day i am doing and i enjoy doing since i am on leave. She doesnt do any house work. SO i taught her to use the steriliser (philips) twice. i found that she did not sterilised the contents, never mind lah maybe she dont know how to use so i teach her AGAIN. Guess what twice when my wife ask for breast pump to pump milk, she gave us bottles that have residual milk to store the breast milk. When we ask her she say is OUR MAID fault...???NEVER STERILISED NEVER MIND BUT AT LEAST WASH RIGHT!!! i dont think the babies will fall sick even if they drink from non -sterilied bottles but from STALE Milk , they WILL FALL SICK even adults. Then how come she never check , so hard to even see meh? And she has the audacity to raise her voice at my wife and scould her. WAH PIANG......my wife because of her get post natal depression , and the husband also get NANNY depression.

I shall not complain about her food etc. (anyway nothing to shout about ) or her weird habits. i dont want to nit pick on people and who am i to judge whether she feeding the baby properly or changing daipers properly? BUt i think the care of the BABY and HYGIENGE is most important in a confinement MAID, all those food, handling of the kid is SUBJECTIVE.

BUT her hygiene SUCKS and her questionable INTEGRITY. That is what pissed me off. Remember the 1200 we paid in advance and my wife have to drive to MArseling to meet her? she said she lost her wallet , passport etc, So that night my wife called to ask whether she said her customer knew some custom officer that let her go back to malaysia????( WOW SO POWERFUL LEH better than embassy) Anyway we did not follow up. When she came day 2, she asked me to apply for her work permit . GUESS WHAT SHE HAS BOTH her IC And PASSPORT !!! (date of issue 24/04/2007) You mean if you apply new passport , you will get old issue date? So i just mentioned in passing lah, SHE BECAME super defensive like, how i know why they give me old passport!. I think maybe it was that incident that precipitated her BAD to WORST performance, she can dont wake up in the nite, baby cry never respond, WHOLE day on HP ! I tell you she dont even need to do the dishes since i have a maid. Anyway after 6 days of coughing into my baby face (5 in fact since first day she wear ) and her bad working attitude, i decide to let her go. 6 days of work 1200, 90 medical bills, 58 ang pao. And when she left she can tell me things like " i am not going to refund you your money hor" . I think maybe if we dint know that she was lying about the robbing incident we may still have her as a nanny , our mistake was to ask her. How can i hire someone who has integrity ISSUES and made my wife drive so far in her 3rd trimester! and now not at all grateful and scould my wife.

Good riddence she is gone, how can i let someone who is so dishonest to work for me. I came to a conclusion that she needed the money in december was that she was also SACKED by another employer and needed money to go home. My wife doesnt want me to write this since she is the docile kind, but i feel i have the obligation to warned our fellow SINGAPOREANS about dishonest confinement ladies ard, dont fall for such RUSE, maybe they feel that after they collect a huge sum of money , they can be guaranteed employment and that we will not sack her even how bad she is .Pls dont fall for such tricks. 1350 for 6 days , i think she is laughing at us for being so stupid . I think a deposit of 100-200 will surffice and after completion the full amount , or prorated if she leaves early . Just be careful

Please be aware of Aunty Lian if she's recommending her jie mei CL for you.

She charged me $2.2k and asked for $300 deposit.

I thought the deposit is for her jie mei, only to find out later that the deposit was her drink coffee money and the rest $1.9k goes to the CL.

Be careful of this CL (Aunty Bi Ai) - in her 61 got more than 10 years experiences.

She wants me to pay for her cabfare when she took a cab from malaysia checkpoint all the way to my house (sg) since we are not driving. After hearing this, I didnt hire her as my CL. Its such a ridiculous demand..just be careful of her.

Just wanna thank all who have shared their experience and warn us MTBs. It is definitely important to do our due dilligence before hiring any 3rd party to help us in the house. After all, we pay money for them to help us, and not create troubles in our life.

I'm thinking to hire a CL as well and such info helps. This is why a forum like this is so useful - a venue for all of us to share information and experience.

THanks!

Hi,

Wanted to add my story to kokomi's encounter with Auntie Irene. I have nothing against her but I feel that I should share my experience.

On 31 Dec 2010, I also received a phone call from Auntie Irene telling me that her luggage was stolen at the custom and she had no money. She said her son couldn't send her money because she don't have a Bank Account in Singapore and her jie mei can't help since all are working. She said that she needed money to make her passport and find a place to stay before her passport is ready. I was hesitant to lend her the money but feeling sorry for her (she was sobbing over the phone) and I think since she's going to be my CL, I don't want to create the unpleasantness. I told her that I can't meet her at Woodlands and if she wants, she will have to travel to my estate and I meet her at the mrt station.

The other part of the story is how she planned her story to introduce her jie mei to me. I still believe her story until my husband told me about kokomi's posting and that he suspected Irene had being plotting up a story all along to get her jie mei to be my CL since she's going to be kokomi's CL.

Sometime in Oct last year, she called me (btw, she kept calling me, not sure if all CL does that or she is trying to build up the relationship?) asking me how am I getting on etc. Then she started her story by telling me that her mother had not been feeling well lately and she was worried that her mum might passed away and she might not be able to be my CL. Then she said if that happened, she will recommend her jie mei to me.

In mid January, she called me again asking when will I delivered. Told her not sure yet and she asked me if it's ok for her to book her air ticket on 20 Jan as it was cheaper to book earlier. I told her that I will let her know after my visit to gynae that week. When I called her after my visit to gynae, she told me she already booked her ticket and assure me that it's ok even if I'm overdue since she can rent a place to stay in JB and go can meet her other clients meanwhile.

My EDD came and still not in labour. She kept calling to check until I get frustrated whenever I saw her number cos I feel bad that she was "stranded" and I can't tell her when my baby wants to come out and I can only tell her that the latest will be one week after the EDD accordingly to my gynae.

In the end, my husband and me decided to induce 3 days earlier than the due date given by the gynae. Can't remember who called first, either Irene or me, when I told me her about our plan, she also told me that her mum just passed away and she can't be my CL. She said she will stay in JB and introduce her jie mei to me before she went back to Sabah. What can I say and of cos I sympathise with her lor.

On the day when I discharge from hospital, she came to my place with her jie mei. She don't look someone who's mum had just passed away as she was quite chatty. But at that moment, I still believe her story lah until my hubby told me about kokomi.

Anyway, her jie mei was quite good luckily and we are blessed that we are not kokomi. I can't comment if my CL is really good but at least we don't have any complaint for her.

Although we didn't suffer as kokomi but I feel that I should let you know about Irene as personally, I don't like to be cheated of my feeling. I would rather that she be upfront when she accepted my booking that she's going to introduce her jie mei and let me decide if I want to take her jie mei rather than telling me a story!

Irene may be a good CL, but I disagree with the way she handle her business! Just be mindful in case she uses the same tactic again!

Dear mummies, I interviewed 1 CL by the name of Aunty Irene 2 weeks ago before I come across this thread. Too early to say that I'm lucky not to hire her instead of another but I would like to share my experience. We had to arrange quite a few times before we manage to meet up. First meet up, she requested me to pick her up at the MRT near my place. Then she turned up with another "Jie Mei". She sounded very experienced when I raised questions about the confinement but then again, it was my 1st time engaging a CL. But somehow or rather I didn't feel comfortable enough to confirm her or pay deposit on the spot. When i show her around the house, she commented it was big and instantly I had a feeling she was hinting me that it may be too tiring for her to be moving around such big compound and mind you I'm staying at a 5-room flat, not a bungalow. Then she told me if I deliver earlier that the agreed date, another "Jie Mei" will replace her (no wonder she had companion). But what really pissed me of was, after going through her expected routine she asked to increase another $100 because she's not used to cooking for a big family like mine (consisting of my HB, maid and 3 young kids) when over the phone I have already briefed her and we agreed on the price of $2.2K. I had doubts about her integrity and feel that she's not reliable. Of course, it was all guts feelings then. After the whole discussion was over, she expected me to drive her back to the MRT. But looking at the previous thread, it would be wise to consider other alternatives.

hello gwen... looks like our worst nightmare came true. auntie irene called my hubz and wanted another $300 advance coz her mom passed away...

too bad we already paid the $400 deposit and we happened to read this thread recently... looks like we have to forgo her and my edd is 25 june :-(

Hi all, I paid my deposit to this lady, Irene last December and this morning I received a call from her telling me that her mother has passed away and want me to borrow $300 to her. I have rejected her but right now, after seeing this thread, I guess I will need to look for replacement n forego my deposit. Signz

garfield2011... when's ur EDD? me also thinking of replacement.

i guess the part abt her mom dead is true... given that she is same age as my dad, and my grandma has passed away many years ago. i hope she is not into some gambling problem and hence needing the money.

and guess wat, my hubz saw her photo in one of the confinement nanny agencies. that was after i wrote in to the agency to enquire about their service. i am still waiting for them to get back to me.

i will check her out after i hear from them.

Hi ybaby, my EDD is around 16 Jun. Pls do keep in the loop because to be frank, I am still upset about this. And now, trying to get replacement. As mine is c-section, I am afraid my recovery part will be slower than normal delivery.

affirmative. got the call from the agency, and confirmed that it is her. she was terminated earlier this year by the agency.

i will look for a replacement via agencies. and agency rate is actually cheaper than what she quoted.

well, i guess for a first-time mum, i learnt an important lesson. i am thankful to kokomi and gwen for sharing their experiences :)

hi gwen,

can i know if her jie mei is call er jie? cos irene oso said she will ask er jie to do my confinement......

tks

Hi Mammies

would like to high recommend my confinement lady, She is called Xin Hua. She has

20 years' experience. She can cook a variety of confinement food

(including soups and tonics), can take care of baby and do simple

housechores for you if you don't have a maid. She is very

pro-breastfeeding and can do breast massage too. I had quite a hard

time breastfeeding my first kid and she is really a great help.

You can contact her at +60172418030 (M'sia no.) or +6590395121 (Singapore HP).

I too want to share my experience with this CL . Auntie Yeo hp: 1511 60167089329 / 91481677.

( A short , pump lady with short curly hair)

I got her contact from this forum . One mummy wrote her good experience but i doubt is true . Maybe is written by Auntie Yeo herself .

During the interview, she appeared to be responsible and experience CL. I placed a deposit with her .

Nightmare started two weeks before my EDD. She called and say she is unable to do my confinement as she have another assignment. She will arranged for another CL to come .

I disagree citing that she have collected my deposit she should do my confinement . She refused to come and left with no choice I agreed for her jie mei to do my confinement .

Her jie mei came and do a lousy confinement. Stole my “ tong cao” and drank my bird nest . Did not cook proper confinement foods. Insist on resting despite baby crying loudly . Ask her to leave one week later .

Please beware of this CL – Auntie Yeo . Do not engage her .

siao liao.. i paid Aunty Irene $400 deposit and my due date is 21 June.. so if the ymummy is delivering on 15 june, how can she do my confinement on 21 june?? strange..how? $400 flew out of the window??

siao liao.. i paid Aunty Irene $400 deposit and my due date is 21 June.. so if the ymummy is delivering on 15 june, how can she do my confinement on 21 june?? strange..how? $400 flew out of the window??

Hi zachmommy, I have called Auntie Irene that I don't need her for my confinement n end up anak scolding by her. My EDD is on 16 jun n by looking at our dates, we are all crashed by one another.

Hi,

I think you all don't need to call Auntie Irene to cancel. Somemore get scolding from her when she's in the wrong. I think she won't admit that she's wrong and will continue to stick to her lie on 'she's going to turn up at your confinement.'

Since she purposely arrange so many mtb to be at such close dates, she should have already either plan to do herself or ask her friend to take over. I believe she take commission when she get her friends to do. So just ask them to come when you deliver, and make sure they work at least 1 week (fully utilised the $400 deposit) and ask them to go. Meanwhile, make arrangement for alternatives, either another CL or family to help out.

Main thing is don't let them know that you're going to sack them after the 1st week. I don't think we should just forgo the deposit, its like too easy money for her.

Dear mummies,

i wish to contribute my reviews about auntie irene.

i contacted her in oct10 to engage her svc becos of gd comments i saw here. i am due late apr11 and had given birth recently.

when i met up wif her to pay her the deposit, she did tell me she was on rotational basis with her sis n 1 fren (er jie).

so whoever timeline fits my due date then she will arrange.

i am ok wif this arrangement as long as someone will come & this someone muz b experience which she promised. i don wish there's a situation where she cant find any experienced/gd CL for me.

come to early this yr, bad comments about her began to surface and i start to worry. i've went thru a difficult confinement for my no.1 and i know how bad it is w/o help.

these started to get worse when more n more pple wif the same/near due date had paid her deposit and she only told me she had total 3 to do CL svc incl herself.

i'm worry she couldnt get someone over for me. i called her in feb11 and she assured she's the one doing CL for me. Then i called again in mar11 and she told me her fren er jie will do it for me. she did scold me in my mar11 call but i told her my purpose is to cfm a CL coming n nt pick on her on the online comments.

watever it is, i told her in mar11 that i want a cfm ans cos my due date is getting near and she cfm her fren er jie is coming.

frankly speaking, i rather she nt come to do CL for me wif so much probs she had on hand, i doubt she will do a gd job. so i'm sort of relief when she arrange her fren er jie to do it for me. i'm hoping this er jie will fulfil her duties as i know how difficult it is to find last min replacement / get family help, cos if can, i wouldnt have engage 3rd party svc in the 1st place.

she did cause unnecessary worrying for me by all these things she had done to spoilt her own market.

now er jie is doing confinement for me for 1 wk already. mummies who had deposit non refundable, my suggestion is u get auntie irene to get er jie to do it for u. i'm nt sure about her sis svc thou.

so far 1 wk, i don have anything to pick on er jie, she is friendly, can cook well. i am a picky eater who doesnt realy like herbs and many confinement things, but to my surprise she can cook to my liking! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] i am happy i hang on to wait for her svc tat time and having the rite help. with this, i can rest better.

my 2 cents worth comments hope shir will nt take it to heart:

on utilising the 1 wk svc for the $400 deposit, u may take tat as a revenge but end up u might be the losing party too if u cant get a gd help and bb is difficult to take care. moreover if its irene's frens who do the confinement svc so u nt really revenging on irene who is nt the one working. the poor auntie who she assigned to u may be affected too.

those interested in er jie's svc can pm me for her contact.

my post is nt to help irene as she also caused me unneccessary worrying. but its more of helping u mummies out there cos we don know how difficult our confinement can get. my 1st confinement was terrible as bb thru out 1st 6 wks every nite cry! no one had a gd rest including CL, so i understand the important of getting a gd help.

gd luck mummies and have a smooth delivery!

Thanks shir & sh for sharing!

Now i wonder should I call Aunty Irene and tell her to give me her jie mei instead of herself? My hb is not comfortable with her anymore since she can accept so many deposits doubt she will be serious in her job..true we shuldnt penalise her sis or jie mei but what if they're the same gang? that's my main worry.. i also went through a very very bad confinement for my #1 and it is really impt that i find a good one this time round..in summary during my #1, i had to be the one going to the market to buy my CL breakfast and vege & meat for her to cook and she din even tell me what to buy, just ask me to buy watever i want!!

Hi, thanks Sh... and Shir for sharing on Auntie Irene. She machiam confinement agency leh...

There are 4 mummies together, is this a joke ? I'm due on 2 June (c-section), 15 June, 16 June and 21 June... who is doing who's confinement ?

ann01, think I need to call her alr and ask her what is the arrangement liao without letting her know that I knew her modus operandi? Getting too close to May 2011 and I don't want to worry so much abt CL leh..

Hb is saying to let go the $400 deposit and save the hassle.

Supposed if i cant find a good confinement lady by next week, i will go back to KL for my confinement. :p

Hi All

this is Er jie's contact 8243 4257 (sg) or 6016 452 8916 (msia no.)

She is 57 yo but look only early fifties, definately her engery to look aft bb n mom is there. She can cook nice food as well as i am a picky eater yet she can cook to my liking....

she does help out in a bit of laundry hanging, clothes folding, and sometimes mopping the floor if bb is cooperative.

she is really a great help.

ann01jan or other mummies out there,

er jie is still wif me and i let her know of the situation. in fact, she is more than willing to take up any of the jun assignments as Irene is the one who collected the deposit and she hasnt gt any $ from irene. she will only collect the bal from mummies who she do confinement wif.

so she might be a victim too reserving her slots for irene's cases and if any of u juz forfeit the deposit, she oso no income/job.

she will be wif me till 16 may. any mummies wanna meet her can call her actually.....think engaging her is better than forfeiting the deposit.

good luck to your CL hunt.... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi ladies,

I'm also a victim who fell prey to Auntie Ah Lian or "Auntie Irene" which I realised is another name she goes by.

I met her in early April to interview and pass her the $400 deposit. She said that her mum just passed away so she needed extra cash, and hence appealed to me for an additional $100. So in all, I gave her $500.

Unfortunately, I found out all these negative comments regarding her only recently. Now I'm torn between heeding Shir's advice or to forgo the deposit? To do the latter will be like what Shir said "too easy $ for her". But to engage her for a week and then find another replacement for the next 3 weeks,....is 4 weeks confinement the norm? Will the replacement be willing to work for only 3 weeks? If the Jie Mei whom Auntie Irene send down is really good, how do I open my mouth to get her to leave at the end of week one? Dilemma....headache.

Anyway, with regards to Er Jie....I kinda know her as well. My hubby's colleague just finished her confinement with Er Jie in April.

Sh.....(asp_23): I believe Er Jie took on your assignment after my hubby's colleague. Just something for you to take note of.

Initially Er Jie was very good....no complaints abt her....very accomodating lady. However, towards the end of her service, problems started to surface. Perhaps her "true colour" started to show bah? I dun know. According to my hubby's colleague, Er Jie requested to leave around 10am on the last day because she "wanted to try her luck at the casino in Singapore". She took her payment, left her lugguage in the house (since it'd be a hassle to bring it around) and did not come back that night. She only returned upon the next day to collect her lugguage, as well as to ask my hubby's colleague for a loan. (Gambled and lost all her money?)

My hubby's colleague was unhappy with her service. So she only gave Er Jie a $20 departing ang pow. Apparently Er Jie must have complained to Auntie Ah Lian. Cos a couple of weeks after engaging her service, I received a call from Auntie Ah Lian telling me that she forgot to "remind me about giving her 2 ang pows for her service". Then she proceeded to tell me how her "colleague" received a $20 ang pow and was very upset about it. I take it as a hint that she's expecting a huge red pkt from me. Haiz...

It's really quiet in here...

To those ladies who had paid Auntie Irene or Auntie Ah Lian the deposit....can I know what's your decision or the outcome, please? Did all of you forfeit your deposit?

And to those who had engaged her service before and said that she's "good"....why the problems only start to surface now? Did Auntie Irene get someone to help write the positive recommendations for her online???

Hi Fiona,

The pic u post is Referring to Er Jie or Irene? I've saw Irene before n Er Jie Is at my hse doing my confinement, both r Nt the lady in the pic. U sure ah Lian is Irene? Cos I no heard this before.

U mind to tell ur hubby colleague stay in wat area? Then I can tally against Er jie's talk to cfm if she's the one u r talking about.

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi Sh....

The pic above is Irene. I goggled for "YONG NYUK YIN" (as referred by Kokomi) and found the Facebook link. This was the only pic I found. She sports a different hairstyle now when I met her last month. Her hair is slightly longer now. She dyed it brown and permed it.

Yes, I'm sure Ah Lian is the same Irene whom everyone is talking about although she had never introduced herself as Irene to me. Her Malaysia contact no. is 0168029823. Her S'pore contact no. is 81486751. She's from Sabah. Er Jie is her friend. She claimed to have a younger sister who is a CL as well. Same story about her mother passing away. She spent a hefty sum transporting her mum's body across Malaysia.

My hubby is in a meeting now. Will call and ask him later and I will PM you. His colleague is still on maternity leave. I'm not sure if he knows where she stays. But I can PM you her name.

If Er Jie is doing a good job with you now and you are enjoying a good r/s with her....you may wish to be careful when you "tally against her talk". Dun let her suspect anything. Otherwise all her "patterns" will come out and you suffer.

Actually it's also pointless for you to find out now. She's already doing confinement with you currently. Since she's good, then be it. So what if you find out it's the same person? There's nothing you can do. Just be on your guard and do not extend any loans to her will do. Keep a watchful eye towards the end of your confinement.

PM you later gal, if I find out anything from my hubby.

hi fiona,

tks.....wow that muz b irene's pic long ago then. now she look so much older and has curly permed hair......tat i cant recognise from the pic.....

ya, er jie is doing a gd job now and i will try to b alert and prepare myself in case she ask for a loan. tks for sharing.

U are welcome, SH....

By the way, she has a high expectation for her departing ang pow too. She may start hinting to you towards the end of your confinement.

Now, back to my "headache" of Auntie Irene....Dun know how it's gonna turn out like when my delivery day comes...haiz.

Anyone down here who had engaged Auntie Irene before and did not encounter any probs? Care to share...anyone?

fiona,

when is your edd....?

i tot by now Irene's name shd be too tainted to hv any new asssignments already?

u mean when early apr u met her to pay her dep u didnt see this site? then u gt to know her from?

Sh....

My edd is in late Sept.

Nope, I din get to see this site...haiz. I also dun know that she goes by the name of "Irene" either. I had to search using her contact no. before I reach this site.

I'm partly to blame also. Who ask me not to do my "research" better before engaging her service. Now I landed myself into lotsa unnecessary headaches and worries! And my hubby is unwilling to forfeit the deposit and hire another CL. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Aunty Irene called me yesterday.. i alr sense that she is not very honest! She told me once i deliver, i should call her MY number as she will be in Malaysia and she was in a hurry to hang up. I kept asking her if she will be the one doing my confinement! She said yes initially..then later I told her, i will call her on 21st June (the date of my csect). Then she said she has an assignment in SG end of May and may not be able to do my confinement but not to worry because she will reserve a fren of hers to do for me. Ask me not to worry abt this fren fo hers because everyone have good comments on her etc.. so how?

zachmommy,

I understand that Auntie Irene charges more than her fren. Irene charges $2200 while Erjie charges $2000. Maybe you will like to check with her if her fren come and do confinement with u, how much u have to pay eventually? Try to insist on $2k if Irene is not the one coming down personally to do the confinement. See what she says.

Hey! I wanna say thanks for sharing! I'm currently looking for a CL too and hoping to get more information.

From the looks of this auntie Irene... I think u gals shd 'arrange' a meeting together with her. Dun let her think she can get away after pocketing all the money! It's also our hard earned money! I dun know why she has no conscience!

Dear all,

I would like to share my experience with 3 confinement ladies during my confinement now.

I booked Auntie Meiling from Negri Sembilan based on recommendation from website. Her tel no is 83004910 (SG)/ 60168957034 (MY)

In end Apr, I gave Auntie Meiling a call to tell her I'm due soon, probably early May. She was shocked and asked me why so early. I said 2-3 wks is very normal. She then say another client of hers supposed to EDD 1 Apr but just delivered on 20+ Apr. I asked her how can that be, since usually latest is 41 wks. She said she dunno. Fine.

After my delivery, I gave her a call again. She then exclaimed :'Oh, I'm doing confinement for the client who just delivered.' So I asked her how. She offered to recommend someone to do on her behalf. Having no other options, I agreed.

The CL that came after I discharge is called 'Ah Guan'. She's 47yrs old, also from Negri Sembilan. Long hair, dark and doesn't look modern. Here are the other observations:

1)According to my maid, she doesn't know how to use the rice cooker. My maid has to teach her. Pots are not scrubbed clean and my whole kitchen is oily and messy after she cooked.

2)She has never seen my Pigeon Steriliser. She claims other families use other brands???

3)For 3 meals, she used the same method of cooking veg, ie, using sesame oil and gou qi to fry with veg. There is variation in the meat dish though. I asked her if she can vary her cooking style, she claims this is how confinement should be throughout the month.

4)She cooked the pig kidney and liver soup twice and both times both ingredients are hard and overcooked. Doesn't she know both don't need much cooking??? She didn't know how to answer when I asked.

5)Pt 2/3/4 led me to worry whether she really has any exp. She claims she has, but only in KL. All her dishes taste awful and even my hubby commented that. Then her face turn black. Auntie Meiling also said that when I called her. I asked her why did she recommend someone like that to me and she said she thought she'll be ok.

Both claimed the method of doing confinement in KL is different. They eat very light and can eat the same dishes throughout the month. True? I dunno.

6) She doesn't respect privacy. When I'm napping, she will come in and ask me to have lunch or dinner. Even after seeing me sleeping, she will keep coming in till I go out. I told her before I don't eat early. But she's used to eating early so she can cook like at 3pm and dinner is ready at 5pm! My dinner time is 7pm...

7) 1st day I told her I can't take too much wine or ginger as I'm bf. 2nd day all 3 meals and each dish has heaps of ginger on it. I asked her what happened and she pretended to say 'oh, that's what I told other clients before but they said not true'

On 3rd day early morning after she carried bb over for nursing, she came into my rm to cry and said her dad fell and she needs to go home. My hubby immediately woke up and called a cab for her and we paid her 2 days salary.

Auntie Meiling called shortly and asked y did I not call her to tell her Ah Guan is leaving. I said I'm still nursing and Ah Guan can't wait to leave. She told me she's lying and I shouldn't have paid her cos she already took $100 from her. I told her this is between the 2 of them, they should settle themselves. But I was upset that I got cheated. Auntie Meiling said her current client is willing to let her go to help me. I was suspicious whether she is good or not since the client let her go after only a wk. But I decided to go ahead to try. She seems alot better than Ah Guan on the 1st day, more knowledgeable and more modern. However, things start to slide after that:

1) Day 2, she increased my bb's feed from 60-70ml to 100ml at night w/o asking. I had EBM and portion to 70ml. He's only 1 wk old! She wiped out all my EBM stock and passed comments that my BM is so little after each pump. Gynae n PD advised she is overfeeding and we told her to reduce. She's unhappy and keeps hinting that bb is hungry and don't want to sleep at night.

2)She requested to buy good food like drumstick to cook for the maid (more like she wants to eat)

3) Complains that it is very troublesome for her to cook for the maid since she can't eat pork.

4) Always talking on her mobile. Her ringtone is very loud and keeps on ringing. I wonder if my bb can sleep wells since he sleeps with her.

5)Requested for $200 advance payment on day 2 though I have already paid her $300 deposit. Wanted some time off to go and meet her friend to buy things.

6) Told me she might not be able to do full 28 days cos her next job is on 7th June (3 wks away from my EDD!) I'm quite upset that she doesn't intend to do full right from the start, so unprofessional! Now I realised her Apr 1st job is supposed to be Apr 30th and I bet she took it knowing that short gap to my EDD in mid May.

On day 3 night, she told us that her mum is in coma in hospital (sounds familiar???) She needs to go back the next day and asked if I want a replacement which she will recommend. I told her let me think about it. But she proceeded to call her friend and arranged.

On day 4 when she's going to leave, she said her friend who is supposed to come suddenly fell sick. Asked me if I want to look for my own or still need her to recommend. Thankfully my friend gave me her CL's contact and luckily she's available.

That ends my misery of the 2 CL's from Negri Sembilan. I have nothing against people coming from there (sorry I can't remember which town), just upset that both are similar in pattern (unwilling to take criticism, used the same old excuse)

Please please take extra caution and not hire this Auntie Meiling. Seems like she is more interested to earn commission from her hometown friends than doing a proper confinement for us. She is fair and quite chubby with mid-length hair, 44 yrs old. Has a house in JB as well.

Sorry for the long post above as I'm really upset. Now I would like to recommend my 3rd CL - Auntie Meizhen who is from JB.

She is 62 yrs old and is very experienced. My hubby commented she seems the most modern though she is the oldest. She is very cheerful and can communicate well with me. Her other strengths are:

1) She's a fantastic cook. I don't eat pig trotters in vinegar but she cooked it so well that I ate all. She varies her dishes alot that it is so appetising and not boring at all

2) She takes very good care of bb. She bathed bb in herbal water and although my bb is only 2 wks old, his rashes has subsided alot and no more new ones popping out

3) She is very fast and efficient and automatic. She doesn't need much instructions and she can figure out herself where things are kept and what to do etc.

4)She is very chin-chai. She enjoys cooking so much that sometimes she will cook special dishes for the maid (spicy type) when my maid said she loves her dishes. She is also ok to cook more if our family members visit. She is also willing to teach my maid to cook and how to take care of bb.

She is like a mummy taking good care of me. Really lucky to have her after my bad encounters. She has just re-started after stopping for 2 years to help her daughter. I hope you all will benefit if you hire her as well (note: I don't gain anything from promoting her)

Her contact no is 60108232696

We have a confinement nanny to recommend. Her name is Siew Zhen jie. She's been with us for more than a month. We extended her service by about a week because she has done such a wonderful job. It was nearly handsfree for both of us because she practically does everything.

The baby sleeps with her so she does the night shift. Hubby doesn't have to wake up but I have to wake up to pump milk.

Nanny is quite up to date and even knows the difference between what KK recommends and what Thomson recommends. She takes good care of baby, bathing, wiping, changing nappies, feeding, patting her to sleep. Baby is now so close to her to our embarrassment. When we carry baby, she tends to fidgit but when nanny carries, she's all happy.

Nanny does all the cooking, cooks nutritious food for me and mops the floor. Doesn't eat much, doesn't ask to watch TV. Excellent, dedicated worker.

Today is her last day. Dread how we can cope without her.

Anyway, nanny told me that her next assignment for two months is cancelled because the baby came out premature and will be in hospital care for long, long time. So her next employer has decided to forfeit their deposit.

Nanny is available now so grab her if you need one.

If she is still in Singapore, you can reach her at 92440112.

If she has gone back to Malaysia, you can reach her at 60197733251 or 60127393588.

OMG, i have pay deposit to this YONG NYUK YIN alias Antie Irene from malaysia Sabah (malaysia number 60168029823, singapore number 81486751. And my EDD is 6th June,but my bb is going to be out earlier according to my doc [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] How can she accept so many assignments in June???

Can anyone advise is it a must to pay her or her jie mei the full amount on the first day when she come? I don't feel like using her service after reading all these negative feedback. How come she has such good recommendment last year in this forum and this year it is so bad :/

Do anyone has a good recomendation of day time local nanny? I am staying in Tampines.

Hi, sharing my experience of my horrible CL too:

Her name Ji Jie (or Ah Ji Jie) from Kuantan, about 60+ y/o.

1) My original edd was 3rd May, but I delivered 30th April. When I got admitted to the hospital on 28th April, my hubby called her to inform her so she can start preparing to come, in the end, she arrived only on the 3rd May 9pm because she claims she was not able to get bus ticket earlier.

2) I bottle feed my bb breast milk so i store the excesses in the fridge. As bb only takes in 100-120ml and I can pump out 180 - 200ml each time, I gave the instructions to ALWAYS use a smaller bottle to pour out 100 - 120ml for feeding and keep the remainder in the large AVENT bottle for later feed. I have caught her giving my bb the full bottle at 200ml SEVERAL times, and every time bb cannot finish the milk, she would pour it away! When i catch her, she would reason that the remainder can be kept for the next feed. I was upset bcos i didnt want my bb to drink leftover milk that has been sitting out for 3 hours and reheated again!

3) She was recommended to me based on her good cooking. However when she came, i found that while her food is good, it is not confinement food. She cooked these for me: bittergourd (??? Where got people eat bittergourd during confinement?!), preserved vegetables with pork, Tofu, etc. When my mom questioned if she can cook confinement food, she could not list out specialty. in the end we let this 'go' by stating the food not to cook (such as listed above) and what she can cook. in the end i ate 'normal' economic rice as she cooked normal dishes, with some ginger in it.

4) She has serious attitude problem bcos anytime you tell her anything (good or bad), her reply is "i know!" but she kept cutting corners. my mom got into a quarrel with her a couple of times and i was sandwiched btw them which gave me plenty of stress.

5) got the same privacy issue as traders22 so i will cut n paste. [traders22: 6) She doesn't respect privacy. When I'm napping, she will come in and ask me to have lunch or dinner. Even after seeing me sleeping, she will keep coming in till I go out. I told her before I don't eat early. But she's used to eating early so she can cook like at 3pm and dinner is ready at 5pm! My dinner time is 7pm... ]

my CL does the same! i'm a lightsleeper so even tho CL does nightfeeds from bottle in next room, i will wake up when bb cry. also i still got my own pumping timing so i really dont sleep much at nite. my hubby was also quite pissed off cos cl kept waking me up so early to eat when i told her my lunch time is 1pm (not 11.30am) and 7.30pm (not 6pm cos my hubby not even home!). i suspect its bcos CL wants to eat early so she can have time to watch tv at night ard 8-9pm!

after i told her to eat later and that she can eat some biscuits or bread first if she is hungry, she still cooked her food early and ate before us! she then either reheat the soup and fry veges for us later at our time.

there r alot more problems like how she states in the 1st wk she doesnt do housework like vacuuming (ask us to buy magic clean wipes), and cleaning the toilet. in the end my mom's maid came to clean my house every 2 days for 3 weeks!

Hi Aylie

Are you still with your CL? My MIL juz finished her confinement on 29 May and is available.

Do PM if you are interestred. So far, I must say her feedbacks from MTBs are very positive.

To update, this Irene send her Jie mei in the end-- ng yoke lum(yi lan). To cut short, after 1 day and 1 night, I asked her to leave.

Problems

1) she will wait till baby cry then feed or change ger diaper. Even when I call out to her and tell her baby has finish pu pu, she still stay on her phone & talk.

2) she has no stamina for to stay up at night, 3x she almost drop my baby in a single night feed.

3) I was sleeping next room but I could hear my baby making sound yet when I go in and check, she is still sleeping!!!

4) she force my 6days old baby to drink 80~ 100ml of milk. I try to reason with her, she say I have lack of knowledge.

5) Oh, her first night with us, she requested to sleep out since my baby not home. But promise to be back before 8am. In the end, she is back only near to 9am indicated bus driver give wrong information. Then she say her fren ask her go sentosa casino last night to lend $. ?!!!??!

Conclusion, it'd very tiring to have her in the house, listening to her boasting about her experience and the no of students she train in ex company PEM confinement agency.

Yet when request her to wash and dry baby clothing under sunshine, she was a pile of her own clothes n dry them instead!!!

It's a relived for me that she left but I waste &$336 for this lousy service that last 1d&1n.

Anyone here who's EDD is in Aug?

My EDD is Aug11 and we've already paid this Auntie Irene $500 deposit ard Jan upon reading gd reviews abt her online. After that, there was no contact between us until last wk~

She suddenly called me and claimed that she was only doing that to ask how I was. Then she asked me "you're not scared that I run away with the deposit ah?" before proceeding to complain abt her other clients. She said she had a client who was due for c-sec in mid Jun, but actually gave birth 2 wks earlier than expected. She sounded so unhappy abt it, as if its the mom's fault that the baby decided to come out 2 wks earlier! Then she gave me her side of the story, saying that she's already booked her air ticket which is later in the mth, cannot cancel or change date, and that the client dun accept that her jiemei stand in for her first bla bla bla. In the end, she asked me "you will give birth on time hor?"

I found it ridiculous that she expects all babies to be born on the edd. as an experienced CL, shouldn't she know that babies may be born 2wks before or after edd and be prepared to accomodate the mothers as much as possible?

Another thing is that she got my edd and area where I stayed totally wrong. I thought she should at least rem my edd since she's already accepted the deposit~

Last of all, when she asked how she should get to my place, I told her she can take a cab from the nearest mrt station, or my hubby can drive her if he's free. my place is not too far from the station and will cost at most $5. The first thing she was concerned abt was "you all will pay for the $5 taxi fare hor?" sigh.....

After the conversation with her, I started to feel uneasy and came online to see if there's any comments abt her as a CL, only to stumble upon this thread. Now I'm in a dilemma as to whether should give her a chance and let her do my confinemt for the 1st wk before deciding what to do. Afterall it's hard to find another CL so near to my edd... but hubby's take is that the CL should relieve us during the confinemt mth instead of adding stress to us, so he is all ready to give up the deposit if necessary.

so sian that we should be troubling over CL matters instead of birthing matter at this stage of pregnancy~ [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Back