Confinement caterer

Hi

I ordered natalessentials for my confinement (after i sacked my confinement lady). I like their food and they delivers promptly around 11am for me. If you do not like stuffs like pig trotters, they can change for you. I like their soup. Only con is their price is exp but I find worth the money spent. Afterall we supposed to eat good food during confinement and I find their food fresh.

Hope this helps.

thanks apple lee.

Anyone out there would like to share their experience and recommnedations..? Hope to hear more views before I decided to choose which caterer.

I just ordered from them too. its another forum friend who used them before who recommended them.

apparently the portions are more than enough for one meal & u can keep & warm the rest up for later. quite tastey according to my friend.

Like apple i also dont like trotters the alternative is pork ribs which is acceptable.

I am still waiting to pop so i canot review more than what my friend told me.

chubby_tiger : i use natalessentials also. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

the portion is large. Just nice for a hunger new mum. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] All the food quite tasty, only complaint is that its abit salty but alright. Dun think they add msg.

i also ordered fr natalessentials last mth. Most of their food r tasty n portion is large. i always hv leftover 4 my dinner. so is 1 price 4 2meals. this is e most expensive among all the caterers but i find it worthwhile. this caterer also allowed me to opt out liver n kidney. i do eat these food but these items r more tasty when freshly cooked.

hv tried another caterer 4 my 1st baby but not nice.not nice to mention the name of the caterer here. u can pm me if u wan to know.

wow..since like natalessentials won the most votes. definitely will consider it.

Hi, any views from other caterer?

i am also interested to know if chillpadi or natalessentials is better, can i ask if the menu from natalessentials is abit repeated? the website only shows the same menu for all weeks except for some changes for week 2 onwards. how bout week 3 and 4? chillipadi have different menus for all 4 weeks.(if i am not wrong)

Gera, do u think chillipadi menu contains msg? cos they din mention on their web. But infact their menu and variety do attracts me.

chubby_tiger,

At Chilli Padi, ...Plus, our foods are great in taste, low in salt, low in fat, and prepared without MSG.

yup i am kinda attracted to it, but it seems that the natal essentials more popular lei...so kindof in a dilemma here.

I recommended natale to my friend in aug last yr after her mc althou I din tried before cos I got that only website when she ask if I know of any confinement caterer. She mentioned subsequently when I asked her, that she found hair in the food, and wat not, I cant rem, and decided to cancel it.

Just sharing wat I know.

hi...chilli padi is new in confinement food, but they are not new to food catering...i wanted to try, but they dun send to Jurong West. They are stationed at the east.....you may want to try thier food 1st before ordering at their joo chiat outlet. Price is $28 per set. need prior booking.

I also tried natal essential food at $30. They station at Woodlands. Ya, soup very nice. very big portion. but can be as pricey as chilli padi. $1500+ for 28 days double meals. (got early bird disc). but i dun really like thier pig trotter.

Do you know Newbaby confinement had quite an attractive disc yesterday at Expo fair? only $1200 for 28 days double meal. $280 disc. but i dare not take up coz nvr try thier food before and I heard it's quite oily.

if you are not sure, juz try order thier trial meal 1st.

wah, hair in the food.....my goodnessssssss

but, i had croacoch shit in my rice cooked by my mil..... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] tt's y i quickly go n try confinement food here n there.....

just some pointers, i took up the 14 double from natalessential.

For the first few days, i am super hunger.. and could finish up all. By the 2nd wk, my "hunger" diminished and there is wastage. I advice that you could take the 14/7 days double first.. then later in extend if you think it's necessary. I think 24 days of the confinement food from the same person will make me "sick"..

Actually, some food is very nice.. and you wont mind them being repeated. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] ha ha ha ..

Ah yo...how arh..i still don no which to choose. Hope I can decide it by end of this week or early next week cos wish to confirm 1 month early to get early bird disc.

wah...my Mom-in-law wants me to go 28 days straight for double lei, i scared i eat until sick and want to vomit.

but i did compare the menu from NatalEss and Chillipadi, Chillipadi though not repeated, but got alot of things i dun eat one, at least the NatalEss looks basic and appetising, but abit repeated la for all the weeks...

yeah lor i also confused..need to book early also.

Chubby_tiger, when is ur EDD?

anyone actually tried chillipadi? do they keep track of what is given?

nataless actually keep track of what you have been eating daily, so you could call them not to repeat those items you dun like. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

for me, 1st wk i told them no chicken and egg.. then later no liver and kidney.

if you need to eat for more milk supply, you can call them and ask for papaya fish soup. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Jgal,

what did they subsitute with, when u request for no chicken and egg? normally what time do they deliver the food for lunch and dinner? i heard its pretty early?

there are alot of dishes on rotation so for the 1st wk.. i didnt eat any chicken and egg.

Food are kept in warmer bags, so they are still warm even after 4 hrs. I think the time for food delivery depends on the driver's schedule. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I stay away from woodlands, maybe that's why i normally get my food ard 12noon and 5pm. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

gera, my edd is mid May but i am gg for c-sect so likely givin birth end apr or early still waitng for my shifu to give me all the auspicious date n time. So i need to hv special request like no chicken for the 1st 2weeks but then hor i don eat pig internal organs cos cant stand the smell. Don mind sub with fish n pork but then too much fish i afraid breast engorgement.

Checked with chillipadi that they don hv any promotion or early bird disc for advance order.

If natalessentials got promotion in expo I sure place my order. But then too bad don have maybe they old signature in confinement meal.

chubby_tiger,

oh i also heard about the chicken and egg thing lei for C-sect, but is it true anot? cos wait they subsitute with pig liver and other organs, then i got nothing to eat le, cos i dun eat pig organs also. and i seldom like to eat pork. i will be doing a C-sect also. i will be expected to deliver in mid june.

Gera, think we need to call them the caterer and check with them i think they are the best person to advise us but of cos I believe they will try to suits our special request. Is this ur first child? Cos if u intend to total breastfeed i don recommend u hv fish everyday leh cos fish helps to improve milk supply i scare will result engorgement very painful 1.

Wow..u so lucky to have a june baby we actually wanted to hv a june baby cos me, hb and son all born in the month of june and eventually we planned 1 mth early who knows hit the jackpot.

chubby_tiger,

oh i am carrying twins, more milk good for me rite? i scared with twins, my milk is insufficient. yup first pregnancy. EDD is in july, but with twins, expected to deliver 4 weeks earlier. but too much fish, i scared eat until the fish taste fishy..lol

wah my hubby birthday in 2nd week of june, the twins might come out from 2nd week to 4th week. the june/july baby never plan one, was TTC for 18 months. pregnant after trying for so long damn happy enough already. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Gera, wow bingo! congrats! muz be not easy for u to carry 2 around, so ur hubby must be very excited and happy. Then are u getting any confinement nanny to help u? Not easy since hv to take care 2 babies.

chubby_tiger,

Thanks!! haha yeah we both are excited and happy! won't be getting a CL, no choice lor, just have to cope on our own, have to learn from day one, dun really like to depend on CL. yeah lor very worried, now busy reading up on how to care for twins. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I had Natal Essentials 4 years ago and their food was really good and they deilvered on time. I am planning to get them again this year. They were also nice to make exception to deliver food to the hosp I was at (2nd day of delivery) and then switch back third day to my house. Very helpful and willing to be flexible.

Hi, I ordered NatalEssentials too for 28days double. Portion good for 2. I'm very health conscious but i find the food good though. Price steep but worth it. The menu rotated after 2 weeks. Love the soups except for the deep fried fish soup; finds it fishy, I opt out for liver and kidney too. Flexible service.

If u afraid of getting sick with the menu, u can try newbaby.com for latter 2 weeks.

The ultimate is to eat well and rest well and stay happy [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I ordered Natal Essentials too for 20 weekdays...usually my maid and i will share..portions more than enough for 2. try to avoid their liver and kidney...that's smelly..their fish and soup are very good

Hi chubby tiger... just wanted to get feedback on florence gourmet... but seems as tho everyone else ordered from natal essentials leh,.

shm, maybe not much publicity on florence gourmet. SO will u be taking natal ess? I probably ordering from them by next week to get early bird disc.

hi chubby, actually i'm in between getting a day-time confinement nanny or catering cos i'm expecting #2... and have no maid.. so not sure how i'm gonna cope. but Hubby intends to stay home with me for the 1st 2 weeks... to help jaga #1 (who will be 2 by then)..

any advice?

If for me I probably get a confinement lady so that i can rest more and spend time with my #1 and of cos there is somebody help me to do the laundry. U know la we tend to be stressed up n easily irritated during our confinement period. I had a son who is gg to 4yos and hv engaged a maid to help so which is y I think for my case I can just get caterer to settle my meals.

U hv to weigh the pro n cons..got confinement lady she can help u to cook, do laundry n hsework and also take care of ur newborn bb. Do u think u can handle all these with ur hubby help?

shm125 : my gal turn 2 last mth when i delivered my boy. For my case, my gal is the one that acted up. She had nightmare every night since the baby is born. And when my baby heard her cry , he also cried. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] Luckily, i have a maid to handle her, while i "handle" the little one.

Daytime, my gal goes to pre-school. *phew* Will you be breastfeeding ?

Hi Hi...

Any feedback on the confinement food catering from ihost, Newbaby and confinementFood.com? Are they good?

I have tried Natal Essentials and ihost trial meal.

Natal Essentials - like mentioned the portion is bigger and tasty. but rice is too hard and red dates tea too sweet for my liking.

Ihost portion is smaller and the steamed pork ribs is very hard. but rice is softer and soup taste better.

most likely will be ordering from Natal Essentials also.

Eat more of the dishes and less rice haha

recommend to try iprettymommy confinement soups:

- it is very good for breast feeding mothers, you will get plenty of milk with their soups;

- it is not oily and fatty, you get all nutritions, but won't get fat;

- all natural and fresh materials, it is simply tasty

- the soups contain good amount of ingredients to eat directly and large amount of soups to drink. it is enough for 2~3 intakes.

http://iprettymommy.com

juz ended my confinement.ordered ihostfood for 20 days.

delivery on time: 1st wk of the delivery,they r prompt.but coming to 2nd wk onward,they r almost late every day. They can b late by more den 30 mins. Feed back to them and 3rd wk,they r prompt again,but coming to the last few days of the delivery,they r back to their lateness again.

Food:soup is nice.Thick.food n rice portion given at times can be more,at times can be less.

for me who is not a choosy person,felt that not veri worth to order at the food presentation n taste is so-so only.and their promptness turn me off.

The next round will definately pay alitte more to get beta caterer.

I tried natal essentials too, their trial meal. And will be ordering for my confinement too.

Portion is enough for 2 adults but won't be too excessive. The dishes are decent and the soup and red date tea are ok too. I'm usually v picky with my food so I must say theirs is pretty good.

Unfortunately I stay in the east and delivery time is quite late and the food although stored in thermal bag, is not hot anymore when it arrived cos they start from woodlands.

i just had Chilli Padi"s one time trial. Portion is good enough for 2 but was disappointed with the quality and taste of the food.

Hey, my research company is looking for MOTHERS with kids aged 3 to 12 years old to do a 40-mins 1 to 1 interview either on 28th (Sat) or 29th (Sun). Any Race.

My office is located at Harvey Road (Macpherson) which is near to Tai Seng (8 mins walk) or Aljunied (Bus 62 - 10mins away) MRT.

We are paying $35 cash for your feedback.

If you are interested, please SMS me your FULL NAME, AGE & AGES OF KIDS to 91892420 ASAP!

Back