(Comparison) Ameda Vs Medela

mum05

Can mommies whom have used either Ameda's or Medela's breastpumps, share views on their usage?(pros & cons)?

I've only tried Medela's mini electric & only for a short while but I find it rather noisy. Am looking for 'better' one for my 2nd baby, but do not wish to spend S$900+ either.

Hi,

I hv a Preloved Gd condition Ameda Lactaline Dual Electric Breastpump, BPA-free & warranty (with box & user manual) selling at $200.

It's very quiet compared to Medela.

- Comes with box and user manual

- Warranty until 22 Dec 2010

- motor base, power adapter

- 1 pair of used Custom Breast flanges (M and L)-28.5 cm/30.5cm, BPA-free (with box)

- 2 used bottles shown (120ml)

- 3 used valves

- 4 silicone diaphragms (1 or 2 unused)

- 4 used tubings

- 1 tubing adaptor

- adaptor caps

- 2 used funnels/flanges shown (1 with cracks)

PM or email me ([email protected]) if keen as I seldom check forum.

Hey,

Mums and Babes is having warehouse Sale now! As they sell Medela Pump!

You can check out more details for the Pump!! =)

Hi,

I am a Dec MTB & Decided to give up breastfeeding and thus wan to sell my breastpump away. Used less than 2weeks as basically latch on BB most of the time.. Bought in Nov 2010.

Medela Swing

Bought at $399, letting go at $300.

Comes with the cooler bag, 4 medela btls, bag. Throwing in Pigeon Milkbags & Granny Milkbags (total of arnd 30bags)

Email/PM me for fast deal. Price negotiable.

[email protected]

Hi All Mummies here, I have bought a set of MEDELA ELECTRIC PLUS PUMP - DUAL @$299 (plus free Bag & Nipple Cream) on 12.12.10 - BRAND NEW ..

Willing to let go @ 10% OFF..

As i have received a gift set of the same Pump fm my frd today.. PM me if u r interested.

delivery can be arrange...

hi,

ive a

1)medela pump in style (sling bag)

for hygiene reasons, im only selling the motorised part. preused Funnel, tubes, bottles wil be given free upon request. past warrenty, (bought in "first few years, paragon" @ abt $500)

-selling for $250 only

pls email to [email protected]

collection at bukit timah

thanks!

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/4890747.jpg]

thks chabby, I've alr read that thread but there weren't enough comments on the various types of pumps, that's why am starting a new one hoping to get more feedbacks. Seems unfruitful except for ppl trying to sell off theirs, [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Hi mum05,

i had the ameda for my #1, the main reason for getting it was cos it was a highly recommmended model which came close to the medela PIS. However, price wise, ameda is so much cheaper. As i was on a budget i went for it. It served me very well for my #1 and i have no complain.

I am preggy with #2 now and have got the medela freestyle cos i need one more pump for travelling around. So this round, size and weight are my main pt of conisderation. And with teh reviews i read for size and power wise combined, nothing can match the freestyle. thus, i went for it.

If you are keen on the ameda, robinsons is having a sale this weekend and they have the ameda on promo at a very good price. go check it out there.

Mum05, try e mominminds website. Comparison is there. I bght my ameda for same reason as starfruit. However, I think e noise level can still be improved. Yes, Robinsons having a V v good deal on it this weekend for card members.

Cheers.

thks despondent. I'd thought to try out ameda's this time as well but I've read that they hv more parts to wash, isit true?

Mum05 i am not sure if there are really more parts to wash cos never had the medela till now. My medela still in a box. But i feel that once u get used to the pump more parts doesn't really matter.

mum05,

if u r keen on a brand new medela local set, the cheapest i've seen are these 2 stores:

1. First few years

2. mums and babes

they have online store for you to check out.

i tired medela when i'm in KKH, i find it quite strong and can be very painful after using for 15min.. Maybe that's the heavy duty model that provided by KKH.

Personally i bought a ameda's dual pump as that's the cheapest dual pump i can find that time. I have used it since my 3rd month of breastfeeding as i returned to work and need a dual pump to speed up. It's quite good..

But i would perfer philip, i find it more confortable. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

FYI, when i had ameda (the older model), i actually bought the avent soft silicon soft shell(Silicon backing cushion) as it can fit onto the ameda pump for added comfort.

Hi mummies, I'm selling the Ameda Lactaline Dual Breast Pump for $70. Bought 2nd-hand from another mummy for $120 because my manual pump broke and I was desperate. In the end the electronic one didn't work as well for me as the manual, so I didn't use it very much. Please email me at [email protected] if you're keen. Thanks!

hi mum05,

i am currently using medela PISA, personally i find medela works for me although for 1 flaw.

I hv used once for ameda lactaline(my fren's), and the only thing i like ab ameda as compared to my PISA is the way their tubing is at the top of the bottle. Medela's PISA tubing is at the front of the bottle. This will be a concern whereby you will use the inner of your hands to hold on to the bottle and this will be the part where it might cut your skin slightly..but i got used to it after using into my 4th mth.

My word of advise, try the pumps if you fren has them before buying. Everyone has their own preference and likes [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi I recently got one Ameda Lactaline Dual Breast pump. I find it good to use. Not noisy n not pain! My sister gave me one medela mini electric single pump, I find it too noisy and painful. Hence I put it one side didn't wanna use. Hope the above helps in yr decision!

I delivered in early October 2010 and have following items for sale:

- Almost new Ameda Lactaline Dual Breast Pump

- Bought when in hospital

- Used very lightly mainly to relieve engorgement

- Almost brand new with original packaging (no warranty as this is purchased from UK)

- BPA free pump kit version of Ameda Lactaline

- All items as come with new purchase (except that there is only 1 extra brand new valve-i.e. 3 valves in all, of which 2 have been used)

Give-away with above:

- 18 glass bottles (similac brand) collected from hospital which can be used to store EBM

- 1 brand new bottle cap with sealer which fits the glass bottles perfectly (NUK brand, never used before, bought as a standby in case i need to store EBM)

Price = S$250

Self Collection = Tampines MRT or Raffles Place MRT

Pls PM me your hp no or email me at [email protected] if interested

Hi Mummies,

I a a Jan '11 got a relatively new Medela Swing pump, bought 02/01/11, to let go at a discount. Have only used a few times as I am giving up breastfeeding. Price is negotiable. Do PM me for details. Pick up would be in the west.

Thank you.

hi mummies,

Just to share my point of views about the breastpump. I came across this new brand: ARDO Calypso breastpump - Introduced by Confinement lady. At first, i never heard of this brand at all and hesitate to buy. The price is not cheap too.

My CL has sample set n let me to try. It's very good as the motor unit is very quiet (if compared to medela swing - which bought at my first baby). The breastpump also have few breastshells for me to choose as my nipple is damn big. I have to used the largest size so that i wont hv nipple sore problem.

Now i still use the breastpump when i back to work. You can give it a try!

I have Medela Freestyle and had Ameda Lactaline.

Ameda Lactaline - too noisy, not portable at all, not exactly hands free, u cant move around while pumping. i only used it twice and sold it away. about half price cheaper than freestyle. suction is comparable to freestyle.

Medela freestyle - i put the pump motor in a small handbag all the time and can move around while pumping. suction is as good as ameda. twice as expensive.

personally i am more comfortable with freestyle.

helloanselmum, what's your view on ardo breastpump? I'm considering to buy this pump but hardly can get any review. If compare with medela pump in style, is it the same? Thanks!

Hi vivian, Sorry, i cant compare with the medela pump in style as i never used it before. The ARDO breastpump is very new brand in Singapore and this is the reason why i hesitate to buy initially.

The motor unit is quiet. It has abt 8 levels of suction n speeds for me to choose. The breastpump also have different sizes of breasgshells for me to choose.

I heard the ardo has trial on the breastpump. maybe you can call them n check further. Pm me if you need the contact.

Hi helloanselmum

could not pm u cos u dun accept pm. So in the end u bought ardo? I saw the free trial for a week. I will call them up once I deliver.

Ya, I'm hesitating because this brand is new. I was previously using avent. Suction is gd n comfortable but I give up because I kept having problem with its motor n sent for servicing twice n now that warranty is over n that's y I'm looking at either medela freestyle or ardo calypso.

Can u drop me an email at [email protected]

Hi mom05, not sure if you already decided on a pump. I've only used 2 pumps before:

1) Medela Swing single pump

2) Ameda Lactaline dual pump

I breastfed by latching on right from the start, so I did not pump until around 4 months. At that time, I pumped using the Medela Swing. Then when I went back to work (at around 6 months), I decided to buy a dual pump cos many friends told me it'll be more efficient. So I bought an Ameda Lactaline (cos much cheaper than Medela PIS).

My main problem with Ameda is that it's a dual pump and suction can't be adjusted for individual breast. So when the suction was just right for my left (more sensitive) breast, it was too slack for my right. Moreover, Medela Swing has another feature which I like - it supposedly imitates the suck of a baby, so it's suction speed is fast at the 1st 2 minutes before slowing down to a more rhythmic suction. With the Ameda, you have to adjust this yourself manually.

The best thing about the Medela Swing is that it is compact and lightweight, which makes it easy to carry to work.

But I think pump is quite a personal thing. Most of my friends who use the Ameda swear by it. And I must say that I probably didn't get used to my Ameda because I was 6 months down the road in breastfeeding and was rather resistant to change already by then.

Hope this helps!

Thks K's mum, ya, I suppose e preference on b/pumps r very subjective... I'm now looking at Ardo's, not sure if to try it...

hi there,

am looking at breast pumps too...

was doing some research on the medela breast pumps and would like to ask if anyone knows the difference between medela free-style and pump-in-style(PIS) in terms of comfort & ease of use? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi Mum05, I got the ardo set from the agent instead as introduced by CL. Maybe you can try sign up the trial package. PM me if you need the contact.

helloanselmum, did u get a discounted price by getting it directly from the agent?

I knew abt the trial thingy, but I find it troublesome as it's only 1 wk and wld still be within confinement period.

I'm using Medela Pump in style advance and I love it. But one problem is the softfit breastshield get "deformed" after a month use. It looked quite disgusting like the plastic lining melted. Later i found out it is not recommended to steam sterilise it as it'll spoilt it. So i have to buy a new pair and use tablet to sterilise it.

http://www.divaasia.com/article/7159

Mummies, I have a pretty new Medela Breast pumps for sale. I bought it on the 06 June 2010 and its still under warranty till 06 June 2011. In perfect condition only used a couple of times. Looking at letting it go at S$400. Do drop me a line at [email protected] if you are keen.

hi mummies,

i have a Medela Swing to let go.

New and nv open before

Selling @$200.

let me know if interested @92733511

tks

Hi Mommies, I'm using the medela freestyle n I like the convenience of hands free pumping. I can have my breakfast or read the newspaper while pumping. The pressure can be adjusted and can choose to use 1side to pump if required to relieve engorgement on one breast if baby finishes feeding on the other breast.

But it can be noisy esp at night if u r pumping in the baby room. Sometimes my boy sleeps through my pumping session sometimes he gets woken up by the noise n I have my hands free to pet him. Noise can be reduced using a pillow over pump.

medela soft shields cannot be steam sterilized. I spoilt my newly acquired set of soft shields by sterilizing with the rest of the parts n the rubber melted. Need to get a new pair. So can only air dry the shields or use tablet to sterilise if necessary.

Hi,

I have tried several breast pumps and below is my opinion/experience:

1. Medela mini-electric - very noisy and weak suction. Fluids easily enter the pump and once it happens, the pump will not function until it has dried up and that usually takes a day or so. It is inexpensive but if budget is an issue, I would strongly recommend paying a little more to buy Ameda which is a much superior pump.

2. Ameda - I like the fact I can adjust the suction frequency. For freestyle, the frequency is pre-set whereas it is manual on Ameda but I prefer the manual setting cos I can lower it to my comfort level. Quite light and easy to transport between pumps. Although it looks a little flimsy, it is lasting. It was still functioning well after I stopped BF at around 10-11 months. It is value for money and it is my favourite pump.

3. Medela Freestyle - bought it cos I could not resist the fancy electronics [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] The advantage over Ameda is that I can be mobile while pumping and it is easier to pump from the other breast when my baby was latching on the other side. And it looks fancier and more posh :p

Dear All I have 3 pumps (one for work one at mum's place and another at my own) selling one of them.

Medela pump in style advance for sale

Bought in 2009 for $699 at Takashimaya (still have original receipt)

Comes with warranty card. The pump was serviced and checked at the service center last week. In perfect working condition.

Selling for $300 only

*instruction manual

*2 breast shields and connectors, tubings

*new valves and membranes (still in bag)

*freezer bag with ice pack and four original medela bottles

*2 base stand

* operates from either electrical outlet or batteries.

Preloved Medela Swing for sale. Only used for a month. Bought at $299 from First few years selling at $150. Still under warranty.

Interested party pls pm me. Thanks!

Mummies, I have a pretty new Medela Breast pumps for sale. I bought it on the 06 June 2010 and its still under warranty till 06 June 2011. In perfect condition only used a couple of times. Looking at letting it go at S$400. Do drop me a line at [email protected] or SMS me at 91730915 if you are keen.

HI Suzanna Yong,

I'm keen in the pump - can you email me at [email protected].

Can i check how come you bought it at such a cheap price, i think its retailing at around $900 right?

Is the warranty still valid?

Selling full complete set?

How' the condition?

Hi mummies,

I have a brand new bottle of GNC fenugreek (natural remedy to boost milk supply), willing to let go at $25 (including shipping), original price is $30+++.

boought it last last month, thought I needed it but nope!!

Interested, pls PM me, if not email me at [email protected]

Letting go a set of Medela Freestyle (original packaging with boxw include Cooler Bag, Ice Pack, Black Tote Bag, etc) at $300 with free delivery.

Used for 4 months. In Good Condition

If interested pls email me at [email protected].

Thanks.

Hi mummies, I have a brand new set of Ameda Dual Pump & Avent Single Electric to let go. They are still sealed in original packaging. PM me or call me at 83680846 if interested.

Most of the hospitals are using Medela too, Medela should be a better brand [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Back