!Comments/Feedback on Confinement Nanny Agencies

mum05

Hi, any comments/feedbacks on these confinement nanny agencies?:

1) confinementnanny.com

2) Innovon

3) nanny4mummy.com

4) Jiaemployment.com

Genuine feedbacks pls, thanks!

Any experiences with other agencies shared would be appreciated as well...

Hello,

I'm sharing my confinement story and thought that I could recommend my CL- her name is meiling. She's helping me right now and not sure if she is avail to help you during your confinement period. She is with i-kare agency. www.i-kare.com.sg

Her duties includes taking full-charge of my twin babies and their feeding schedule (which I am 100% latching on). She is also very quick in doing her chores and practices high expectation in cleanliness and practices hygienic habits. She cooks great confinement meals which I had never had during my first confinement and had great skills with my infants. I have no problems with her and extended her services.

Next, I want to talk about is the agecny. i-kare, i heard of their exlclusive nannies before....they have integrity to delivery what they promise... which I am very glad. She promised she'll recommend a great help. After experiencing a bad confinement in my earlier confinemetn period, i entirely let her manage. I've engaged their service thru a recommendation in this forum too when i was confirmed pregnant with twins... I hope to let mummies needing extra help have another option. Getting a great help is matter of going to the right source.

I'm currently a active mum in the forum but thought to register for a new username for this recommendation. You may send any private message to me about this recommendation.

*not an advertisment and recommending with no commision.

Hi Pac,

My wife is delivering in Aug. First time dad and mum. Super kan chiong. Would appreciate finding out more about this great nanny from you.

Regards,

Hi Pac,

I need a confinement lady on coming april. At lst was deciding to let my MIL to do but heard that engage experience confinement lady is better. Know is abit rush to find out now so wanna know more from you. May i know how much u engage this lady on your confinement.

Thanks & Regards

I'm having twins.... Therefore... Erh.. How to tell you??? Definitely paying more than the usual rate... U wanna call I-kare to find out more???

Hi

if anyone interested to get a cl, do pm me.

I am from feb 2011 thread. My current cl is so much better than my previous one. You can meet up with her if you want as she stays in singapore.

Hi,

Anyone has engaged Zhen Jie from I-kare agency? How's her service? Need to know urgently as need to book her for my confinement

Zhen Jie is good, I hv engaged her. She's very experience n knows alot of things n get along with my MIL very well. She has helped me for 40days..

We have a confinement nanny to recommend. Her name is Siew Zhen jie. She's been with us for more than a month. We extended her service by about a week because she has done such a wonderful job. It was nearly handsfree for both of us because she practically does everything.

The baby sleeps with her so she does the night shift. Hubby doesn't have to wake up but I have to wake up to pump milk.

Nanny is quite up to date and even knows the difference between what KK recommends and what Thomson recommends. She takes good care of baby, bathing, wiping, changing nappies, feeding, patting her to sleep. Baby is now so close to her to our embarrassment. When we carry baby, she tends to fidgit but when nanny carries, she's all happy.

Nanny does all the cooking, cooks nutritious food for me and mops the floor. Doesn't eat much, doesn't ask to watch TV. Excellent, dedicated worker.

Today is her last day. Dread how we can cope without her.

Anyway, nanny told me that her next assignment for two months is cancelled because the baby came out premature and will be in hospital care for long, long time. So her next employer has decided to forfeit their deposit.

Nanny is available now so grab her if you need one.

If she is still in Singapore, you can reach her at 92440112.

If she has gone back to Malaysia, you can reach her at 60197733251 or 60127393588.

any idea what will happen to our deposit? i have already paid deposit with them le!!!

I also paid my deposit. Called up the agency the guy mentioned all contracts will be transferred to a newly setup company which he claimed bought over GPLS. Called MOM and was advised to claim against them with CASE. Well, will see what CASE advises. Since company is now defunct, how can the contract still be in place? Haiz....

Huh? Now Whoever engaged their nanny now is getting from an unlicensed employment agency??? Will kena fine anot?

Dear mummies,

Good day to you.

Please allow us to clarify, the new management team have bought over the brand of GPLS Confinement Nanny. With new management, the current operation remains the same. All contract signed will be honoured.

Any clarification, feel free to email or call us.

Operation Hours :

Mon - Fri : 9am to 7pm

Sat, Sun and PH : 9am to 2pm

All the collaboration partners with GPLS for example KK Hospital/Wings, OCBC Baby Bonus, Eu Yan Sang, AIA, BMSG Breastfeeding Booklet, Cordlife and others remain the same.

We look forward to better serve all mothers in Singapore.

Thank you.

Dear Yan, Piie.

As you mentioned you are our customers, may I ask for your customer reference number so that we can assist you with your concern and worries?

Look forward to hear from you soon.

Thank you.

Will there be official mail sent to those who have signed the package? Need response asap coz many mothers are due this month. I know many mothers have sent their email enquiries to GPLS. But no reply received yet.

Yes. I hope to have response asap as I am due for induce this coming Sunday. I've emailed to GPLS as well. But no reply. Really appreciate if GPLS can answer to us soon. Thanks.

ladies....september edd....heard that GPLS license has been revoked since 28 jul.Ministry of Manpower is CHECKING & INVESTIGATING!

mummies basically cannot engage from unlicence employment agency.Mummies will get a S$5000 fine and a penalty to barred in hiring any Foreign Domestic Maid in future.this is the info i heard.so mummies better go find out properly.all the best

hi all , found this on mom website. i read and found that they can still continue for those thay have signed previously. but read until quite blur too. anyone can enlighten?

Effect of suspension or revocation of licence

12. —(1) Where an order of suspension becomes effective under section 11, the licensee concerned may continue to carry on the employment agency or perform any work or activity referred to in section 6(2), as the case may be, except that he shall not enter into new recruitment or placement agreements.

(2) Where an order of revocation becomes effective under section 11, the licensee concerned shall immediately cease to carry on the employment agency, or perform all work or activity referred to in section 6(2), as the case may be.

(3) Subject to any directions which the Commissioner may give under subsection (4), subsections (1) and (2) shall not prejudice the enforcement by any person of any right or claim against the licensee concerned or by the licensee concerned of any right or claim against any person arising out of or concerning any matter or thing done prior to the suspension or revocation of the licence.

(4) Where an order of suspension or revocation is served on a licensee or where such order becomes effective under section 11, notwithstanding any rule of law or agreement to the contrary or any other provision in this section, the licensee concerned shall comply with such directions as the Commissioner thinks fit to give which directions may include, but are not limited to, all or any of the following:

(a) to inform, in writing, every applicant for employment and every applicant for workers who uses any service of the licensee of the fact that the licensee has been given the order;

(b) not to collect any deposit or fee from any applicant referred to in paragraph (a) or any class thereof;

(c) to refund any applicant referred to in paragraph (a) or any class thereof, within such time as may be specified in the direction, the whole or such part of any deposit or fee received from the applicant as the Commissioner deems equitable;

(d) to make arrangements so that any applicant referred to in paragraph (a) or any class thereof will continue to receive the services to be provided by the licensee from another licensee and to notify the applicant or class of applicants, as the case may be, accordingly;

(e) not to make any application to the Controller of Work Passes appointed under section 3 of the Employment of Foreign Manpower Act (Cap. 91A);

(f) to return the passports or other documents of identity in the possession of the licensee to the persons to whom they belong

just in case , u guys not sure what is section 6(2)

i attached here.

Requirement for licence

6. —(1) No person shall carry on an employment agency unless the person is the holder of a licence from the Commissioner authorising the person to carry on such an agency.

11/84.

(2) Subject to subsection (3), no person shall perform any work or activity in Singapore —

(a) for or in connection with the employment of one or more persons in any capacity, whether or not those persons are to be employed within or outside Singapore; and

(b) on his own behalf or on behalf of an employment agency which is carried on outside Singapore,

unless he is the holder of a licence from the Commissioner authorising him to perform such work or activity

Haa... Interpretation from hubby:

1) Suspension

Can continue current or previous obligations

But cannot have new cases.

Whereas

2) Revoked

Can do neither and had to pass current obligations to other existing licence employment agencies or refund existing customers.

This was clearly a Revoked case.

its not other existing licence emplyment agencies/ they can appoint another licencee for the company.. but the contract with extg licencee number shld be invalid/

i called gpls and was told that we couldnt get refund. they will still honour our agreement as their licence was still valid when we sign with them. they will pass over which to new company which has the same name. I really hope GPLs can verify to clear our doubts.

same. i called GPLS they said no refund. I wonder what they are up to. Why so secretive??why are they so afraid to explain?? keep wanting our reference number. I had called up MOM too. And was advised to go to CASE.

No point calling GPLS anymore because the guy is not answering our questions! He told me to ignore the change of ownership, and said that everything will go on as per normal. So i asked him if he can guarantee the CL confirm will show up or not, and since change of management, we should be getting a new contract from new company, He cannot answer all that!!

same. i called GPLS they said no refund. I wonder what they are up to. Why so secretive??why are they so afraid to explain?? keep wanting our reference number. I had called up MOM too. And was advised to go to CASE.

No point calling GPLS anymore because the guy is not answering our questions! He told me to ignore the change of ownership, and said that everything will go on as per normal. So i asked him if he can guarantee the CL confirm will show up or not, and since change of management, we should be getting a new contract from new company, He cannot answer all that!!

is there anyway that we can know how many confinement nanny agencies are there? any data records showing how many work permits they applied?

Hi Sarah,

It won't make a diff now that GPLS cannot apply any work permit on behalf of their customers now that it's licence revoked!

What you see is the past records.

I'm appalled that they tried to 'cover-up' their mistake and carrying on like nothing happened...

can all mummies who had paid deposits with GPLS update here on the latest situation if any?

hey ladies,as far as i understand...mummies are told that another person/company is buying over GPLS. But as far as the law goes.... GPLS cannot remain as a brand anymore.meaning this Brand cannot be retained.

what mummies can do is to get refund rather than get into trouble with the law.also can file civil suit

all the best...

I have a Malaysian confinement lady called Mei Yi. She is around 60 year old, and fat. I have she because she was recommended from my colleague. But to be frank, I found out that she is not that good.

she always said that "姜还是老地辣". Actually, she just repeats all the things she heard from her previous experience without knowing whether it is correct or not. And she doesn't like to listen to other people's opinion and instruction(or she will pretend that she accept it, but do it differently at your back). And always repeat the same mistake. She is a bit old, therefore, she cannot clean baby's buttock properly, forget to switch off the gas and let the water tap running the whole night. And she is very "精". she behave differently when you are not around. She maybe able to handle a small family like only have 2 adults and a baby(actually she is quite fast), but to me, to do a good job in the confinement is not only efficient, but also do it in a very nice and appropriate way, and safety is very also very important. My confinement is not finish yet. But I now I need to put my eye on her on a lot of things. Angry!!!

aabunny: i doubt any mummies are able to get refunds yet. According to GPLS, they will not refund, but then again, their license being revoked, the contract does not seem valid anymore.

Anyway, what we can do now is to file a complain with CASE and MOM. Or, wait and see. If GPLS really does provide a CL for us when we are due,. If not, then we proceed to file the complain.

For benefit of doubt, i think we give GPLS some time to clear up their mess 1st. And meanwhile, we try to contact those mummies who are due in Aug and has engaged GPLS.

I went down to CASE to talk to the officer. They said as long the new GPLS management is honoring the contract signed with the previous owner, we cannot ask for a refund base on General Contract Law.

Hi all mummy who had engaged GPLS, i don't think we will have any outcome by just talking here.

Should you all think we can link up and write in to CASE, or MOM to follow up with them on this case?

BTW, can you share how much deposit have you all have with them? They have as for 2K from me and I have given that to them!

Hey tracy, the work permit shown that I-kare has zero? Can you share the link to MOM website which have all these details? Many good reviews on I-kare in this forum. So I-kare does not apply work permit for their confinement nannies?

Not true.... My sis n i have paid levy!! I trust there another way to apply... Is there another way to apply the WP?

thanks nancy! For the link!

I was searching for Bliss website... Some mummies also PM me for the link..... Forgot about it as I'm now searching and sourcing for one nanny for my niece. luckily i'm assured to know it was i-kare agency now.

Thanks for the other link too... i learnt that the nanny work permit can be applied 'manually'.

Now I'm clear that 'zero' work permit doesn't mean no WP applied but was applied manually instead!

nancy,

if bliss was closed down why MOM allow them to open i-kare (with licence and registered) and why would they wanna link i-kare website to it?

be clear of yr intention....

Nancy, for your information and mummies reading... i-kare was registered and licence given by Ministry of Manpower (MOM). Therefore, their nannies were covered with work permits.

Its a basic requirement from Ministry Of Manpower. The number of working permits applied were recorded as on-line applications.. doesn't mean no work permit. Pls do not give mislead information. If you have questions... I can give you MOM or their (i-kare) direct contact numbers to you.

In addition, I've engaged from them in Jan for my twins for two months and honestly paid up levy to CPF board!

From the above information... my personal opinion is:

Each agency has their 'own ways' to do business but the most unscruplous way was to step on other people's shoulder in order to climb up.

Working Mummies should be able to understand the feeling of peers 'snatching away yr credit and claimed it as hers' and got promoted instead.

To be true: We, mommies don't really care which agency we are engaging our nanny from but certainly need an agency responsible enough to upon their reputation integrity.

There are so many agencies as quoted above...

GPLS's licence revoked is a FACT stated here and being the 2nd big player in the industry, naturally consumer have greater expectation for them to assume responsiblility to uphold their fulfilment towards contract obligations...or offer solution but least expected them to 'act like nothing has happened'. Hopefully, GPLS could settle matters in a responsible way amicably with integrity. And do not leave 'mum-to-be, stranded without solutions'.

Back