Clomid tablet

et2180

Hi all,

Hv any of u heard abt clomid tablets? Any side effects of taking it? Does it help?

Cos recently, hv went thru a infertility checkup and found out that i need these tablets to help mi in conceiving... :<

Hi sunnyday,

some ppl ahve side effect on this tablets.. For me i find that i am more short temper.. other than that everything is fine..

I have my boy with the help with this med 2 yrs ago. And manage to conceive the 2nd one with this med again but i had a miscarriage 2 wks ago.

I will go back to gynae to take the med again

Hi Jappooh,

Actually, when i know the news of mi not ovulating.. i am rather upset... need to depend on clomid for conceiving... plus knowing the long term side effect of taking it is cancerous make mi really negative of it...

But on tinking back, at least i am not having any problem with my womb e.g. cyst, fibroids, blocked fallopian tubes *fingers crossed* otherwise, it will prolong our time in conceiving..

I heard from gynae that there is a possibility of having twins, triplets but another possibility of miscarraige too...

Being tinking of unable to conceive naturally make mi freak... y do i hv such problem???

But thanks to your personal situation makes mi feel slightly better... i sound doubtful here hor..? i am sorry..

Hi sunnyday,

i cant say on clomid means is not a naturally way of conceive. The clomid only help us to ovluate all others things is still the same.. This med cant take long term. Usually only 6cycle.

There is a possibility of haveing twins and triples but the percentage are very low.. As for miscarriage i am not so sure abt that.

For me i do knw i have problem long time ago cos my period is never regular since i have it.

Stay positive.. U can email me and we can give each other support.
happy.gif

Hi Jappooh,

I am very much afraid having the idea of taking clomid n yet not getting preggie n still kena the side effects! HOW?

Tot of going to TCM, any views on it?

Thx

Hi sunny,
persoanlly i dun have side effect. The med is only taken for 5 days.

I didnt go for TCM so cant comments loh..

U must be comfortable with the methods if not u wont feel good.

Hi Jappooh,

Guess i am really being paranoid here hor.. perhaps i will give myself a chance to try loh... if suai suai kena side effect.. at least i try rite? :p Gd luck to mi !

i feeling very upset...have been taking clomid for POCS...have positive results when tested on the ovulation kit but hubby refuse to cooperate. Do we need to do it everyday once tested positive? At the rate that we are doing I can foresee myself to be childless till the day i die

Hi ladies,

I had taken clomid to concieve my first son, and also clomid again for my second pregnancy, with twins.

Indeed clomid has it's effectiveness, but not 100%, and it does increase slight chances of multiples (I am one example), as we may release more than 1 egg at a time. My last trial with clomid emitted 3 eggs!

Also, timing of the intercourse is very important in order to be effective. In fact, if you put in daily "effort" the chances of success could be lowered, due to lower sperm count. You may want to seek a gynea's advice to help you track the cycle and when would be the best dates to try.

My gynea could even advise which days to try for girl and which for boy. Hehe.

hi SYL mum
congrat! how many cycles of the clomid did you take? my first round of clomid was not success althought the ultrascan show i got 2 big eggs
happy.gif
before i went with IUI.

my hubby got premature ejac so sex is really not possbile and dificult for him to penetrate me.
but his sperm count not that good.

eventhough i do ovulate naturally but cycle sometime can be anything like 10-16days so gyane suggest i take clomid to increase the chance.

but im thking if im able to ovulate naturally and my cycle is still within the range then why i should be prescribed with clomid. shouldnt they work on my husband instead?

Hi Ladies,

My first attempt at clomid got me my elder son at one cycle.

But my second pregnancy went through 2 clomid cycle(Second cycle with 3 eggs released). And in the second pregnancy, I realised my cervical mucus was unlike my first attempt few years ago. It was more dry. Thus I came cross some information and tried the tips (Robitussin) together with clomid to improve on the mucus.

Check these out:

http://www.fertilityplus.org/faq/cm.html

http://www.babyhopes.com/articles/robitussin.html

However, I need to disclaim that these are just some of the sites that I had researched and followed. I do not know if there would be any side effects following the instructions, but you may want to seek professional advises prior to following.

Hope these helps and best of luck!

Hi Ladies,

Has anyone tried clomid after CD5?

I have tried one cycle but not successful and i had very bad cramp and heavy menses.

Hi Fei Dim,

This is my 2nd cycle taking it and it's always on CD2-6. But, I also understand that one can start b/t CD2-5.

Did you tell your gynae what you experienced and did he/she monitor you via u/s screening to check your follicle size? Try discussing with your doc to see what other options you've if the side effects for Clomid are bad for you. The other alternative to Clomid is Femera (spelling not sure). All the best!

i had clomid for 3 cycles.i miscarriaged on the 3rd cycle. And it was suspected to be twins, but sadly it was an ectopic pregnancy.

i had clomid for 3 cycles but i'm not responding to it
sad.gif

I'm on the 2nd treatment which is injection (follitropin). It costs me $50 per injection n it has to be taken on DAILY basis. So 1mth = 1.5k!!!! faintz

I find it very extreme. Tinking if i shd seek 2nd opinion.

hi piglet,

Try asking your gynae if s/he has Femara and is able to prescribe it. In the States and UK, alot of women don't respond to Clomid and some suffer bad side effects from it so the alternative they use is Femara which most would ovulate using it while Clomid didn't work for them. Also, Femara has been shown not to produce side effects such as ovarian cancer (due to thinning of the endometrium) which Clomid does.

Did your gynae do the necessary checks on you when you are on Clomid? If I were you, I would go for a 2nd opinion or maybe even a 3rd just to make sure that I've covered all possibilities before commiting to the injectibiles. Afterall, it's a HUGE sum of money we're talking abt here and there's no g'tee that it'll work on first try.

All the best!

ya, tats wad i'm tinking too. seek 2nd opinion.

but i was tinking, since i've already started taking the injections, i would like to try for 1mth 1st. then meanwhile, i will seek 2nd opinion.

then hor, how do i get back my reports ar ? i dun wan the gynae to knoe i'm seeking 2nd opinion.

Hi ladies,

Went to KKH yesterday and was given clomid for first cycle and medication to induce the menses...

She just given me a piece of paper and ask me to follow the steps and ask me to come back for blood test to test for ovulation on the D21.

Wah just realised mamatan left a msg on gynea. Sigh, missed that. But anyway if it would help, my gynea was Dr. Heng Tung Lan from east shore. She's pretty good and very chirpy gynea. But u got to bear with the long queue of patients la. She seems to pack 2 patient every 5 mins.

Hi,

previously gyne had try clomid on mi too. shld say sucess during dunno which cycle but happens miscarriage.

n nw seek for 2nd option at KKH. the same, gyne given mi clomid. 1st cycle fail. 2nd cycle ok - gt ovluate. hopefully dis doc can gv mi lucks &amp; i could conceive soon.

any ideas hw to improve our body??

suying

Hi,
I'm not sure where to start. Anyway i'm entering my 2nd year marriage, but we dun hv any kids at the moment.

everytime when i heard ppl around me (esp friends of my age) got preg, seriously fast, i got jealous, and will try to avoid contact with them ...

i'm currently seeing gynae. he suggested me to take clomid tablets for 3 cycles. i didn't ovulate at all
sad.gif

with the helped of the clomid, my ovulation chart (basal chart) starts to show signs that i'm ovulating. Thank God!

this is my last cycle to take clomid tablets. so hopefullie i 'tio'!

but if never 'tio' then what is the next step? is it IUI?

Hi all,

I've a set of clearblue fertility monitor which I bought last year March. I have successfully got pregnant and got the gender that I want(I'm 6 months plus pregnant :D :D :D), hence, I would like to sell away my monitor. I'm selling @ $250. Price negotiable. I would like to give away 13 clearblue test kits for free as well. Please email me if you're interested. [email protected]

As for the clomid, I did take it when I attempted for this pregnancy. I took about two cycles.
happy.gif

* The condition of the monitor is still very good as I only used it for 4 month and it is well kept.:)

* Baby dusts to all~

Hi I finished my first cycle of Clomid and just went to scan. My gynae scanned 3 matured eggs (20mm) in one of my ovary (the other ovary no matured ones). I am given an injection and now have to try with my hubby.
I have a few questions:-
1. Is it normal to have more than 1 matured egg at each ovulation?
2. Will i get twins/Triplets? *worried* I hope not man.
3. What happens to the other 2 eggs if 1 is fertilized?
4. Has anyone every had matured eggs but didn't get pregnant?

BTW i was diagnosed with PCOS

TIA

Hi fleurfleur

I had 2 mature eggs in 1 of my ovaries on my 1st Clomid cycle. I was elated but pregnancy didn't occur. Like you, I've PCOS. My hubby also has slight male fertility issues hence, it's even harder for us to conceive. After 2.5 years, we are still trying and are not giving up.

I hope yours will be successful. If you do get pregnant, ask your doctor for something to stabilise the pregnancy as Clomid does thin the endometirum, making the risk of miscarriage very high.

Hi Fleur ;)
good to hear that your ovaries responsed well to Clomid
happy.gif

i was on clomid for 3 cycles - no tio
then gynae put me on clomid (double dose) for 1 cycle. 3 matured eggs (1 left and 2 right side)
happy.gif

higher chance of getting twins for multiple matured eggs.
but no gd news yet .. hence nw i nd to go for HSG test, and my hubby needs to give his sperm specimen.

Dear all, I am glad that this thread is still "live" that I can still communicate with all of you who're sharing the similiar problem (PCO or not ovulating) and using the same method by taking clomid.

I am tempted to try after reading about the effectiveness - I do understand that not 100% will hit the jackpot but seriously, I have already ran out of idea what to do when I have been tryin' out for at least 1 or 2 year? Quite depressing, huh?
sad.gif

I was diagnosed with this irritating PCO 3 years ago and ya, gynae told me I will be having difficulty in conceiving, not impossible thou. As I was still quite ignorant then (23 yo?) and not thinking of having a kid, I didn't really bother. She did not prescribe any medication, well I guess it was because I was single?

Now I am 26 turning 27 in Oct, I started to feel the "urge" and I really envy those who are having kids with them - almost 50% of my ex class pri/sec/uni mates are married with child!! And my SO is no longer young, he is turning 35 this year
sad.gif
I feel bad for not able to "do something" for him..

I have scheduled a PAPSmear appointment w KKH in May, hopefully the report turns out well.

Anyone can advise how to tell my gynae this problem? And, is KKH ohkay for this kind of thingy ie ttc.

Sorry I am suagu..

Hi Bella

I totally understand how you feel. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for coming 3 years. With each passing month, I could feel my biological clock ticking as both of us are already in our early 30s. However, we are not giving up. We are not advocates of IVF nor other forms of assisted reproduction as much as there are literature showing their success, we are also very much aware that the success rate ranges from 10-15% only. The emotional roller coaster ride going thru' an assisted reproduction method is always high. Also, the woman's womb has to be conducive in order for successful pregnancy to happen. Many times, a woman may have other underlying health issues which are not diagnosed even by gynaes / GPs. And, it is these underlying issues that may hinder a pregnancy to occur.

I went to a talk at KKH just lat Sat. It was on Endometriosis. The panel of doctors comprise of those from the minimally invasive unit, Assisted reproduction unit and from the O&amp;G unit. They also mention that many women who have endo and/or other endocrinoloy issues do not know they have it till they decide to go for IVF or other medical treatments.

What I am trying to say is that getting pregnant is not simply just a fertilised egg implanting on the endometrium of the womb. It is also about sustaining the pregnancy. So, don't give up. Get yourself checked. Also, your SO needs to get his sperm analysed too as the old school of thought that not being able to conceive is just a woman's problem is certainly not true.

I wish you the very best!

p/s: I am currently using the natural family planning method called Creighton method. Google it to find out more. It helps to identify certain lapses and pinpoint issues, if any. If you're keen, drop me a PM.

Hi ladies i am glad to have you to share how i feel. Although we always say let nature takes it course but it can get very daunting having to montior and plan the timing. Its about 10days since we tried as per the doctor's instructions.

I know its silly but i have tried testing for it. Some websites says as soon as 7-10 days can try to test but of course best to wait until the first date your period is due. It's negative.

Not sure why but also past few days been feeling emotional. It cld be PMS but i think i would feel quite upset if never TIO

BTW i stopped taking metformin after i ovulated. Not sure if have to continue or stop. Gynae didn't say!

Fleurfleur

Sorry to hear it. On a positive side, at least the amt of clomid works for you. Right?
happy.gif
There are women who took the Clomid and still didn't get their period as the dosage wasn't sufficient for them to ovulate and thus no onset of period.

I'm taking my 3rd course of Clomid this month (over the course of 1 year). I've actually taken 3 courses 2 years ago as well but I wanted to give my body a break so stopped for 1 year. I don't like the effects of Clomid on my body and moods. But, I still want to give it a try. My next step is to go for a laparoscopy to check if there is any other issues such as endometriosis as well as to get ovarian drilling. Wish me luck too!

Hi Let there be Hope
Thanks for your sharing and encouragement. The same will go for me if after 3 rounds of Clomid i am still unable to conceive the Gynae will suggest Laparoscopy.

I just had my 2nd round and used the Ovulation Kit once which showed a positive Ovulation but i read somewhere that taking Clomid will show a positive result because of a LH surge on the kit but it doesn't mean that U are really ovulating and releasing eggs.

Hence by end of next week i should be able to know if i am lucky this time. Its easy to say relax but disappointing and perhaps stressful when it dpesn't happen.

Hi Fleurfleur

You're welcome. We need all the encouragement we can get
happy.gif

You're right abt the disappointment part. We never get use to it, we just learn how to cope with it.

I wish you all the very best and do write here if u have further queries. I'm sure the ladies here will help
happy.gif

Its Negative Again! =( Its my 30th day

My Gynae scanned and saw one egg at my ovaries which is big and fully matured. She didn't explain very clearly or in detail just said perhaps there were 2-3 eggs released but left this one which may just disintergrate when my period comes. I am wondering is this really true?

She keep saying that perhaps i missed going to her for the jab (as i was overseas) that's why OR my fallopian tubes could be blocked. To me i really don't know ...

To have a positive ovulation and trying FOUR times with 2 days intervals from the 12th day and not be pregnant ... More question marks and No answers

Hi all potential mummies,

Been seeing some participations and some disappointments. I had gone through 1-2 rounds of clomid without success before and then started researching on the web for any self help in addition to gyneas.

Again, enclosed my past encounters:

http://www.lazymumfussychild.blogspot.com/

I have also consolidated some other useful urls within the site that might help.

One statement i read from Fleurfleur, trying 4 times in 2 days interval, might mean having tried twice a day? It may also be too taxing on your husband and sperm count may have thinned out. There are also some dietry advise on some of the webs to advise for both husband and wife.

As for the clomid, have you checked after the clomid, the condition of the mucus discharge is conducive? I recalled there are times when after taking clomid, the discharge i had even during ovulation is very little and dry n sticky.That's really not conducive either, and ended up no pregnancy for me. Eventually, i supplemented with robitussin to thin out this discharge and make it more condusive for the conception.

Again these are just some of the articles we can research and self help to try increase the success rate. Our body really reacts to the food we take and amount of rest we took. Of course different people react differently. I really wish every one success here and don't give up!

Hi everyone..

I started clomid in March.. this mth 2nd cyle of clomid, took on day 2-6.. currently on cd 19.. i also monitor my BBT to see if i ovulate, till now no changes in the temperature.. amd also feeling bloated.. so frustrating..

Did anyone taken clomid on ur own and did not go back to gynea on D21 for bloodtest?

cos i have clomid with me and tot of taking it for my coming cycle but i don want to go back to my gynea anymore.

Any advise
Thanks

how come u didnt want to go back for bloodtesTt?

and can i ask wat's the blood test for? I took 2 cycles of clomid but my gynae didnt say anyting abt bloodtest

draaaloon,my gynea given clomid to me last year b4 i got the chance to take the clomid i conceive naturally but ended up miscarriage. Thats y i wanted to see if i can try to take the clomid without going back to my gynea cos few weeks later i going to NUH for the fertility investigation as i wanted to try for IVF meanwhile i wanted to see if i can conceive thru clomid. *haiz i very confuse also*

ic..

hmmm... i tink if u wanna take clomid den go to ur gynae for the bloodtest.. coz she/he is the one who gave u, so probably got some plans in mind.. den if u wanna go for fertilty investigation, then dun take clomid ba... (not sure if by taking clomid, will it affect the investigation)

yup.. dont think so much.. relax =)

anyone knows if it's possible to ovulate but yet BBT doesnt show a rise in temp?

Dear All,

i took clomid for 4years b4 i officially preggie in late 2005 ......

from 55kg, my weight increase till 80kg during my 4years of clomid .

took clomid as my womb &amp; ovualation is week ....

Good news came tt I've 2 water bags but every day when sunset came, my PAIN came till the following day sun rise then no more ! I always hoping to have TWINS coz i was 36y/old liao so tikg having twins at one go &amp; i can closed my production lines...........

Bad news came after 2nd trim, my younger twin gal has KO with no heart beat !!!! GTT level very high as nid to jab every 2hrs till i got no choice to deliver at 32weeks with lotsa of complications ........

i hesitated took 2 cycles of clomid after son passed 8mths old as i missed my lost gal ...... failure in 2 times of IVF in 2009 , m/c in late 2010 ......

now i'm 43 still pin hopes for a gal coz' ready cannot let go my lost !

my failures in IVF plus m/c didn't hurt me .... only the lost of twin till today 6 years liao .... cannot get over it !

Clomid is the cheapest basic medicine before IUI and IVF .

Hi guys, i triec clomid for about a year and my doc changed it to Letrozole. Apparently clomid thins the lining so although it helps in ovulation, it doesn't do much for implantation.

Maybe you can try letrozole before iui or ivf? Letrozole is alot more expensive, i remembered paying about $100 for a 5 day supply of med. Hope this helps!

Back