Child having problem with languages

celiaa

how do you teach chinese for upper pri sch children? son doesn't know how to read the word, repeat to him, he "ok ok ok" then forget it. tried making him copy, also cannot. draw picture that represent the word, also cannot. how else??
sad.gif
frustrated.....
don't want to send him to tuition because i want to teach myself..

I know how frustrating it is. I faced the same problem. My girl having problem of reading the Chinese characters. I made her write the han yu pin yin below the characters.

sigh,,,,same here.

Mine han yu pin yin oso not strong :(

Not sure if I should still insist on teaching him myself or should give up and send him for tuition?

Hello celiaa, how are you?

Since your last post on April this year, you have not made an update of your solution with your child having problem with languages. Perhaps you have resorted to a Tutor although you had expressed your plan to self-teach.

If you are still encountering same problems altho you may have engaged a Tutor, then perhaps this could be an issue of.....impaired ability to understand written language: a learning disorder marked by a severe difficulty in recognizing and understanding written language, leading to spelling and writing problems.

In other words, a Dyslexia problem not caused by low intelligence or brain damage. If this is the case, you may then wish to consider seeking the help of the school counsellor, an allied educator (AED) or the Principal for assistance.

I hope this has helped:)

how do you teach chinese for upper pri sch children? son doesn't know how to read the word, repeat to him, he "ok ok ok" then forget it. tried making him copy, also cannot. draw picture that represent the word, also cannot. how else??
sad.gif
frustrated.....
don't want to send him to tuition because i want to teach myself..

how about start with a Chinese joke or humour story? You can read to him or let him listen. My son got interested from laughing......

Hi
I think you should engage a 1-1 tutor who has good experience in dealing with kids with dyslexia and your girl definitely need a patient female tutor to help her learning to read, she cannot go to tuition center that put her into group... that's not helpful at all, I think u should try to go to 77 east coast road there's look for a Mindshaper Education tuition center they have professional teaching kids with learning difficulties and they tuition center is very comfy and conducive for kids, this helps to make your girl more comfortable in learning, give her sometime... The head tutor's number is 83187919.

Back