Child Adoption

splw: my princess also from vietnam. she is coming 6 months soon & awaiting court order.

bell: happy for u! Yah i have also wasted alot of time, money & effort on IVF without sucess. Now i'm happy with my princess. Take care & enjoy motherhood!

Splw18 just click on my nick name (bells bells) on the left than u will see the private message screen. Your turn will come my darling. All of us waited for hsr and everything before we can hv a lovely bb ;)

Esther : you too enjoy your motherhood ;)
Rainecath: yup absolutely their smiles n laughter just melt our hearts.

(posting on behalf of my sister who is doing her uni paper)

Hi, I'm doing up a research paper and will like to seek some opinions on assisted reproduction technology (e.g IVF) and your views on adoption of babies.

If you are a mum who is considering ART and/or adoption, please help me by answering these few questions.

Thank you so much!

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/7NTQBY3

ladies...

decided on adoption
tho i have read up on mcys web
juz wanna confirm that for now what i need to do is to attend the pre-adoption briefing first right?

esther, i wish i can be the mummy of that 23rd jun bb
sad.gif

but my schedule for PAB is in aug
sad.gif

may i check, for newborns we wun get to see their pics, etc

so adoptive parents, can u all tell me, u all never mind that bb doesnt resemblance any of the parents?

Hi Niv , u have to attend d workshop b4 u will b assigned an assessor. But u can compile the documents for them in the meantime..they need quite a fair bit of info so u'll wanna get them in order ASAP

Hi gals, any contacts for China babies? What are the pos and cons of adopting from the different countries?

Tub : china bb waiting q is 4-5 years for them to get paperwork . That was the time frame given from fei yue to me when i was looking into it last oct. u may want to call them up to check before u embark on it

So sad realised i am two mths prenant but bb is ectopic pregnancy sigh had to have one tube removed n still resting in hosiptal for the third day now so sad... I miss my adopted bb so much... :mad:

Niv : i think when adopting the joy of the baby presence outweigh the looks of the bb. Heard and seen a few in pictures where we cant tell the adopted children from their biological children. But even if different still they are our lovely child aft all we've been through loh

Hello Niv

As bellsbells said..unless otherwise we open it the world, people are not gonna know if the baby is not your own blood..

We also adopted our baby, but did not disclose about it to many people (except very close friends & our family). Yesterday, when we went out, an old friend of ours met us & was astonished to see my son resembling my hubby. ( Baby automatically starts to look like us & people also see some kind of resemblance )

Nivedita, Have your decided from where u r gonna adopt baby from Malaysia or India ( from ur name I believe u r from Indian Origin) like me...

Pm me if u wanna discuss more..glad to help

@bellsbells

Sorry, i wanted to wish you a speedy recovery, this morning when i posted for niv. Please takecare. Your HSR will be still valid & you can start afresh soon
happy.gif

Glimmer
U can adopt baby from india. But it sould take atleast 2 years for u to see ur baby. The queue moves quite slowly as preference is given to locals & its citizens & then to foreigners. If u are looking forward to adopt indian baby, why not look into the option of malaysian baby. Q will be smaller.
Pm Me will be glad to help:)

Hi guys, its me again....I was just wondering as i've read most of these post are from soon to be adoptive parents or parents to younger child where can i go to for older children who have so many questions about there birth parents. I really need the help to answer some of them. thanks....or those that can help me can PM me thanks

Undecided: thank u resting at home already.
Mrs ha: thank you. Already adopted bb than found out I was 2 mths preggy about the same time bb came in to sg. In early may this year. But had to end my 2 mths pregnancy as the foetus was in my tubes. So glad I m back home. My Mum keep telling me to just adopt another when I m ready instead of conceiving myself... I mean it just happen loh..
Please pray for me as my first court order hearing is june 22nd. Pray that things will be smooth. By the way the mcys suppose to come after first court hearing is it? Cause I still didnt hear from mcys regards their visit... Hmmm...

Glimmer why don't u look into Malaysia or Indonesia for Indian bb. Maybe much shorter queue. Saw two Indian couples n a Malay couple adopted n their bbs all so cute. One indian couple adopted from Malaysia,,the bb hv such deep set eyes n curly eye lashes soooooo lovely.

Saw a frd recently and he saw my bb pictures n asked me about my adoption cause his father keep wanting a male grandson but his wfe gave birth to three gals n he thought of adopting cause his wife already very upset and asking her inlaws to give birth themselves if they want! What a world sigh.. I told my friend he is already so blessed with three lovely daughters... Why such parents still exist? I never even tell my inlaws anything about my bb till my bb arrived in sg so that she dont influence my husband n my decision.

I think china should relax their rules for foreigners adopting their female children! It's so sad to see in news that a lady was forced to abort her seven month foetus just because she could not afford the fine imposed for having more than one child! Sooooooo sad....

Elizaberth how old is your child ? I think Andrea yee hv a 6.5 years old n a two years old. She share with us some cute cute qtn that her daughter ask her... Maybe u can share with us so we can prepare for it also ;)
I bought quite a few books also to prepare to tell bb the story when he is bigger .. Maybe I can check n see if have any answer from the book

@bellsbells

Nice to hear your story. As for the MCYS home visit, they would inform us after the 1st hearing is over. they will send u a letter stating the name of the officer-in-charge & the date/ time they'll be coming. so need to wait.

as for the 1st hearing, don't worry. all things will go smoothly
happy.gif
we'll pray for u
happy.gif

Morning ladies

I have no issues in adopting from Malaysia. I have a few questions? How do we go about in ensuring that the baby we are adopting is healthy & what is the total cost like for adopting a baby from Malaysia.

@glimmer

i've adopted my baby based on the test report taken in the local hospitals ( u need it for baby's DP). U need to check it with the adoption agencies for the fees
happy.gif

Hi Mrs Ha : thank u so much for the info. So worried that I missed mcys calls haha...

By the way what are the test that u have done before u adopt the bb? The test done in sg?

Glimmer : I guess all agencies will do their due diligence in doing some basic test on the bb. Hiv, heart , lungs, hearing, etc.... Anyway how reliable are the test also no one knows also. Mine they change the bb dob .. To be younger one week somehow so that they would not be qtn on why they hv registered the bb birth cert late. Now don't knw whether to celebrate the actual birthday or the birthcert birthday haha...

Can I ask if anyone here Chinese n adopted a Malay bb? What will be reflected on the bb race after the adoptive parent assume both are Chinese parent? I saw a lovely baby girl in batam before n just could not forget that bb... That time I put off the arrangement as it was private arrangement n my hubby scared I would be so sad if we couldn't handle the paperwork or the process will be too long..

Am happy with my present bb just forward planning if I should adopt another maybe one year down the road..

Bells bells, do take care and rest as much as possible.

For the adoption of china bb, do u mean 4-5 months or years? Is the queue that long? Btw, which agency do u use?

Just some update my bundle of joy reach me at 5th June been a little busy with him....

Bells: If malaysian baby they will have their test done in malaysia and you will received a report from agency. After that if you confirm the baby there will be a test done in Singapore. For me i abit kiasu as i requested to check Hep C.

Malaysia Report contain HIV, Blood Test, Blood Count But sometimes they will forgot about Hep A & B.

In Singapore I do a Full body check up + additional Hep C test

I contact my agent Mid May and within 1 week he told me there is a Baby Boy available. Which i went in and see the baby and confirm the baby boy at the End May.

Hi there.. Im New here and just wanna check how much will it cost and procedure for adoption?

i have a young lady (un wed with her 2nd pregnancies) who wants to give away her child to me.. she is now 4 months pregnant.

will it still cost me $25k and how can i assure the health of the BB.. or should i just wait till the BB is born 1st?

Hi All,

I received a call on Friday that a local chinese one month old bb girl for adoption. Anyone interested please call: 8365-7082 for more information. (Preferabaly chinese couple to adopt is what the person mentioned to me.)

Esther Koh

So the foster parents will help us get the agent or we get our own agent? I'm confused.

Btw ladies, how much do u spend in the adoption process?

Honeyz, maybe you want to ask MCYS. They will be able to advise you. MCYS will interview the mum on why she wants to give up the child too. Hence, It is good to involve MCYS.

Hi all, am new here. Due to a medical condition, may not be able to have a baby and seriously considering adoption. What are things to note or how do i get myself started. Looking at foreign or local malay baby..

Ladies,
Agents will only take up your case after you complete your HSR. While waiting to attend the PAB, you can apply for HSR first. Download the form and get all the required documents ready first.
If your HSR interview comes before your PAB, you can let the officer know that you have signed up for the PAB in August.
Anything you are not sure, always revert back to MCYS.

You can get most information from MCYS website.

From what i understand, HSR can be submitted only when u attended your PAB. Correct me if i am wrong. Lately they have been very strict on this. If you know of any agency can process HSR b4 attending PAB, please let me know. ThankS!

Mary, they might be more strict now. The process is regularly reviewed and changed. When I did mine last oct, they did not demand for it. MCYS officer merely asked for the date we attended the talk and which organisation hosted the talk.

I registered with project cherub as well. All agencies that I called up will only attend to us after we have completed our hsr. The officer at project cherub told me they will only consider my application after I've gotten my HSR.

Wendy so happy for u;)))

by the way where do u send the bb for full body check? Kkh? does anyone encountered delay in the injections from 2-3 months can all injections be done in private gp or pedi Hmm

Back