hi,

any mummies want to let go cherie heart uniform and full set of k1 book (year 2010 or 2011). pls pm me.

If u have an infant and is planning to place ur infant in infant care. PLS DO NOT PUT THEM IN CHERIE HEARTS. I placed my girl and realised there is no bath tub to bath for my 2 1/2 mth baby. The teacher use 1 hand to hold the shower head to splash water on her and 1 hand to carry my baby. Hence they DUN HAVE HAND to rub her body and clean her folds( my girl is quite plump) and they use handkerchief to clean my girl eyes ( i thot should use cotton wool cos baby eyes is so deicate)!! When baby cried, they simply ignored. And do you believe what I saw...I saw babies sitting on the rocking chair and teachers keep rocking their head nonstop to make THEM SLEEP (as they claimed when I asked why they do that). I immediately withdraw in 24hr notice. Heart ache for the babies there...

@Beankaren, not sure if my inputs came in too late.

At 2.5 yrs old, my older boy cant speak. We were worried that he may have speech delay. I enrolled him into Cherie Hearts and told the teachers my concerns. The teachers said they will try to help. Everytime my son wanted something, he will have to try to articulate it first.

My son was also very shy. He was the only grandchild in my family and was surrounded by adults. He refused to mix with other kids. When the children were singing national anthem, he refused to join them. He only wanted the teacher's attention.

The teachers will always update me on the strategies they have tried in getting my child to interact with other kids.

When I was pregnant with no 2, my older boy couldnt accept it. He cried when we read to him books on baby brothers. I told the teachers about it and they took it upon themselves to explain to him that all of us will love him despite having a new baby brother.

Now, my son is 4.5 yrs old. He has grown to be such a confident little boy who speaks well and interact with other kids. My younger child will be joining the school soon!

Hi all mummies,

My children are in Cherie Hearts CBP.
I was informed that 70students were be joining to this school from Aug onwards!

The existing students are about 30 and now with 70 more students I cannot imagine how crowded it will be!!!

From an Indoor Playground, it is now converted to classrooms... no more fun for the kids!

Now this school is a combination of Cherie Hearts Kembangan and Cherie Hearts CBP!
I now pray that there is no virus outbreak!!!
If not, it is going to be a nightmare!

I have asked the Director if this is a temporary measure, she responded once they found a new place they will shift out...but what if there is no place for the 70s students? The school has assured parents that the ratio is still within the MCYS guide..but judging at the school size, I really doubt it can fill 100 over students.

Hi, i am staying in bishan right now just opp midview and have placed my child in Agape Little Uni @ central.
my son has been there for close to a year and a half and i have noticed a tremendous improvement in him. He has become very vocal and his language and maths are so good that i think he will have no problems going to primary one.

highly recommend this school though its new.
they have limited vacancies right now.

im preggy with my second child and i plan to enrol for the infant care but its full!

I WITHDRAW MY CHILD FROM CHERIEHEARTS TO AGAPE LITTLE UNI @ MIDVIEW CITY!

cheriehearts always not enough teachers and turn over rate is so high. have instructed teachers not to shower my child and be careful with skin as he has eczema but they made a mistake more than 3 times and eczema got worse and my son was hospitalised due to neglect.

this is my second cheriehearts centre and i have no faith in them anymore. sorry but its my point of view.

Very disappointed with those irresponsible parents at Cherie Hearts Changi Business Park!

They have no sense of social responsibility at all!

Lately due to the merger of Cherie Hearts Kembangan and Changi Biz Park, the number of children and teachers suddenly increased. Within weeks, my kids are on daily medication due to virus contacted in school.

Whenever I went to fetch them, I observed majority of the children are having running nose and chesty cough! Worst is only my kids are on medication and the rest simply ARE NOT!

With such attitude, the virus bounce to spread rapidly and how can I kids recover??? Very dissapointed

My kids are at cherie hearts @ Gombak. Also stating issue. Not enough teachers especially at Infant care. I'm withdrawing my 3yr old and 12 mth bb from the centre.

I'm exploring learning vision at sunshine place, or amazing star Montessori at 511 Cck, or cherie hearts at galistan Ave. any feedback pl? Thks.

Hi. My infant is currently with the infant care at Galistan Ave. But we hve been there for only 2 weeks. So far seems ok in terms of care giving. They have many toys too.

But we still observing too.

Yup. My 19mth son and 4yr old girl both at Galistan Ave. Almost 1yr now. So far so good. School director bery good. Open to our feedback and suggestions for improvement.

Hi joanne,
Id never been to CH @ purvis but maybe you can visit their site, to read some good reviews.
happy.gif

http://www.cheriehearts.com.sg

Same to Troubled Ger
CH @ Limbang

http://www.preschoolknowledge.com/details.php?id=155

Hi anyone has comments regarding the branch at Kim Keat Road? Cherie Hearts Kidz Development Ark? I'm intending to send my 5 yr and 2 yr old boys there. Thanks!!!

Hi, I agree with the mummies here. Recently Cherie hearts has high turnover of Teachers and the young Teachers don't really know how to handle kids who are more playful. Cannot handle=punishment. Their rates seems on the high side. My boy with Cherie Hearts since 18mths and now he's in Nursery. The school has since revised the school fees twice. And they just make us purchase new sets of uniforms this year and now just receive notice from the branch they changing uniforms or rather standardize from next year jan 2014? Not sure the CC caught up anot or other Cherie Hearts branch also asked to change? Somemore, they are collecting $$ from us now for next year?? Isn't it ridiculous?Even primary school buy new books and uniforms also no need to collect 7 mths in advance right? Just feel that it's not too right. Just my views.

So far, I'm pleased with the Cherie Hearts Preschool at Kallang. A very responsible and strict principal. Children are in good hands. Teachers did well for last year Kindergarten 2, it benefits my #1 in Pri 1 this year.

Hi Mummies, I am looking for reviews on Cherie Hearts Bright Starz at Woodlands. Intending to enroll my LO there. Appreciate your thought & reviews :)

I only have experience with Cherie Hearts at Depot and I think that's bad enough for me to even consider other CH branches. The problem with them is that they are franchise that's why no standard.

The childcare centre is run by an inexperience Director. I thought Principal is a veteran educator but turned out to be huge disappointment too. so much so, she is also very rude to parents. shouting across to me to leave the classroom but she didn't realise I was in the classroom because they never had teachers on duty from 7am to 8am. Only a cleaning auntie to help out. I tot this was just a temporary arrangement due to shortage of manpower but this situation has lasted since my child has attended the school in the past 8 months even after I feedback to the branch Director.

Parents are also not allow to contact or get in touch with the teachers. Not even email or sms. everything single communication has to go through the branch Director. which is very inefficient and further more she is always away from the centre. By the time message get to the teachers, its already late.

Teachers turnover are high for PG classes. ever since my child attended their class their teachers had turnover numerous time.

another funny thing that I encountered with them is.. I wonder if they know or they purposely don't want to let parents know how they form classes. Cos when their playgroup class grew, they will start to divide the group into 2 classes, A and B but when I ask how children are segment? by age, by capability or etc? the centre Director cannot answer my question. Her only answer to me was "don't worry we will manage". Imagine this came out from a Centre Director!

The school was certified with healthy eating certification. However, I realised my child is often given limited choices of food and its not as fancy as what it was stated on the food menu. I realised this when I always see carrots in my child's poo. Breakfast too... repeated. Monday cereal, Friday cereal again.

The centre also failed to inform parents when there is a reported HFMD case in my child's class. Still dare to accuse my child has symptoms of HMFD and ask me to send him home immediately. After that then they informed us that they already had a reported case since last week. and when I questioned them why didn't inform us and leave it over the weekend. The centre director can replied me because they don't want to alarm parents. What an irresponsible excuse!!! and the worse part was, my child got it from the school because of their poor management and communication !!!!
No wonder, the Principal is so firm to say my child has suspected symptoms!!!!

and many many more...

orh... lots of mosquitoes too!!! my child got numerous bites during water play and the Director can just simply say oh your child's blood is too sweet that's why!!!

so please think thrice!

Hi Gingerbud,

My dd is attending K2 in Cherie Hearts Depot n she's been there since pg. The director n principal have been there all along since my girl joined. I find them very helpful, though principal is loud at times, but I know she is strict n firm, so the children n even the teachers are more discipline.

As for communicating to teachers, I can always talk to them in the morning or evenings. Otherwise I will just write in my dd's communication book. Usually teachers do not give out their own numbers, just in case some parents keep calling them..I asked my other friends before.. They also say it's quite a common practice with other centres.

I do agree that my dd gets mosquito bites sometimes. I will always pack mosquito repellent for her to spray. I guess becoz the centre is very open n it's next to Telok Blangah Hill. Even I get bitten by mosquitos in the Carpark when fetching my dd. but I prefer this setting than fully Aircon environment.. Too much aircon for the children n they suffer when they go primary school where there is no aircon!

So far my dd is enjoying school n she can read n write. I'm always pleasantly surprised when I see the work she brings home every 2 weeks.

I think it's best u talk to the director n principal about your concerns n feedback rather than venting your frustrations here. I had give them feedback before n they will explain to me why some things r done certain way or they will look into it n make changes.

I am surprised and saddened as I read through some of the posts in the forum. Firstly, a lot of the posts are negative comments about certain centres, which are just one-sided story of an unhappy parent. I question why the parent chose to bad-mouth in the forum instead of giving constructive feedback to the centre's management. Secondly, where are all the happy parents? I see only a few comments that give accolades to the centre - I am sure there are more happy parents out there. I guess it is just human nature: to only see and focus on the "black dots" (the unhappy events) on the white paper, but forgetting that the white part (the happy events) is much more than the few black dots.

As the Director of Cherie Hearts @ Depot, I will like to address the concerns that Gingerbud has:
- Being a franchise centre, we do follow guidelines given by HQ and HQ staff will come to centres for audit checks to ensure standards.
- My auntie cleaner has been working with me for more than 5 years and she has even attended Childcare First Aid course. As part of job progression, we train her to help out the children during their routine care like handwashing, toileting, showering, feeding etc. This is why she does help in the morning time, to watch over the children while the teacher is conducting the health screening.
- For modes of communication, there are many ways to talk to the class teachers. Parents can write in the Communication Book or talk to the teacher during pick-up times. The class teachers will send your child out unless they are already off-shift. If what Gingerbud refers to is to have the teacher's personal email or handphone number, that is something we do not encourage. Teachers are not comfortable with giving their personal numbers to parents and they want to have a good rest after work - as a parent myself, we have to respect that. Respecting the teachers will in turn lead to lower turnover rates.
- About the comment that turnover of PG teachers is high, for last year, the PG teachers (Ms Lim & Mdm Zhai) were the same throughout. But as the PG group got bigger, we split the class into 2 groups and added more teachers to help. Maybe Gingerbud felt that the additional teachers were the "high turnover".
- When we split the children into 2 groups, it is according to a few attributes - age, capabilities and needs of the children (e.g. some are more independent while some need more supervision). Try questioning the Pri Sch teachers why your child is in class A and not class B, it will also be hard for them to tell you the exact reason.
- Menu is planned by HQ and we do follow closely. However, I always explain to parents during Orientation that for breakfast and tea-break, we may have to swop the menu between the days as we need to serve food that is perishable and cannot be kept till end of the week. We seek parents' understanding over this issue.
- Ministry requires centre to notify about HFMD when there are 2 or more cases. In the mentioned incident, the school did not inform parents as there was only 1 case and even so, we already started cleaning and disinfecting the classes and children were checked for similar symptoms during health screening. We did receive parents' feedback that they will like to be informed for the first case, especially if it hails from the same class. We acknowledge this and will notify parents of the first case in the same class.
- We have a vendor for pest control and we do regular checks to ensure no stagnant water. However, we cannot deny the fact that we are next to Telok Blangah Hill like what Litbolster mentioned. We do advise parents to bring mosquito repellent or patch if their child is prone to bites. I had apologized to Gingerbud that day for the bites, even though the teachers had put on 2 mosquito patches for the child, we cannot control where the mosquitoes want to fly or who to bite. I hope for her understanding.

Giving feedback is a good way for people to improve or a chance for people to explain themselves - I hope parents can maintain an open communication with their child's teachers and centre's management and be a happy parent!

Hi Mummies,

Would like to give my feedback on Cherie Hearts at Gombak. My babygirl has been there since 3.5 months old and she just turned one. So far, other than a couple of small disagreement over some communication methods (like for hfmd management), we are generally happy with the centre. The teachers provide daily feedback to us on how baby is doing and take effort to pen us little notes about her cognitive and physical progress.

We also established constant open communication with the principal and vice principal and voice out suggestions to better the centre management.

I hope baby girl will continue to be happy in cherie hearts, less all the infectious diseases which are hard to prevent in a group setting.

Hi, am looking out for reviews on cherie hearts elias mall. Is ur child there?
Hi mommy, i visited cherie hearts and my little campus at pasir ris recently. Juz wondering, did u eventually send ur kid to cherie hearts? Otherwise which sch did u send him/her in the end? Can share ur experience pls? Thanks

Back