Hi my daughter is in Cherie Hearts, Grange road. In my opinion, they have good teachers and branch directors. Nice place and environment for my ger to study. She loves it there. This is by far the 3rd school she has attended and I can see vast improvement in her language and behaviour too.

hi,

any opinion/feedback for Cherie Hearts at Jurong East?
btw. how to judge that the teachers are caring? Often times, the teachers are caring and show friendliness when parents are around
happy.gif

hi there,

I hv tried cherie hearts at harbour front last year. The principal is a very nice and pretty lady (if there is no change till now). ALthough the principal and vice-principal is good to talk with BUT they are always facing shortage of teachers & worst of all the teachers there are not friendly at all.

I will list down the negatives:-

1) always shortage of teachers thus not enough attention was being attended to the infants/toddler

2) toddlers are left all over the place to walk/crawl by themselves with minimum supervision from the teachers. The design of the toddler area is not good enough. My son once fall back with his head down on the marble floor. The floor is half marble and half carpeted only. Design of the place is not infant/toddler friendly.

3) The teachers there are not friendly to the children. While I was there for the orientation (3 days), during the kids lunch time (the bigger group), 1 of the teacher raised her voice and shouted at the children "why dont you sit down and eat yr lunch, why do you need to wait for others !!" Imagine this, She already shouted at the kids when parents are around, what happened if the parents are not around ?

4) I was suprised they actually hired a "auntie" (those without proper training or cert) to take care of the infants/toddler in the afternoon (reason being they are always short handed !!)I spoke to the auntie and ask her what is she doing there (I thought she is someone's grandmum but found out that the centre has hired her for quite sometime already)

5) while I was there the 3 days (orientation), I wanted to help to carry/comfort those toddler who is crying but was being asked by the teachers not to interfere and not to carry/bother abt the kids. The teacher told me that "the kids hv to learn to be independent and they are only crying for our attention, so pls do not carry them"

Pls do consider again if you still want to send yr kids to this childcare. I am a mum with a 2 yr old son and I cant bear to see my son in such a poor organised childcare.

Hihi, thanks for your feedback. Guess I need to go take a look, and also source around for other options. Doesnt seem to have many infant centres around tiong bahru, cant find a nanny too! sigh

cindy,
can let me know the centre go or not when you go check it out? I am also thinking of harbourfront. But now reading luvflower comments like not so good.

Do you know that SGH also has a child care centre, "Little Skool House"?

Hi luvflower

I have been with Cherie Hearts at Harbourfront since my daughter 1year plus. Now she is in Nursery Class.

I never had bad experiences with them. In fact my girl has learned alot and more independent now. She talks non-stop too.

I just enrolled my baby boy. The teachers are friendly towards me and my family whenever we are there.

BTW, did you register with them eventually?

Hi, anyone out there heard or experiences abot Cherrie hearts childcare in Jurong West blk 721?
Needs other recomendation on childcare services in jurong west area too.

hi cocoon,

not sure if u're still following this thread, but heard from my friend, whose kid is attending the Charlton Lane outlet, that the centre is quite popular and they are also expanding to a 2nd unit in the same area?

personally, i feel that Cherie Hearts is a franchise education system, so you have to look at individual principal to assess their commitment to their students, and their beliefs in child upbringing, whether it coincides with yours. E.g. the issue of letting the child cry on his own. It is up to the individual parent to determine whether it is acceptable. Some childhood educators advocate this, but others don't. Same for the different takes on sleep training. More importantly, you should be comfortable with what they do.

I think different centres have different rates... you need to approach the centre you are looking at for the rates.

LCH,

Anchorvale branch playgroup is $840 b4 subsidies. I know Tampines branch is only $650. which branch r u looking at?

Hi,

Recently i saw there a new cherie hearts at Jurong West Blk 720. Anyone has any comments of this new branch? Thank you.

My son attend Cherie hearts @ Holland since 2 yrs ago, I think the place and the teacher is good. And it was one of those place which 100% free of HMFD case during the HMFD period. the language, social and developement is significantly improved as well.

Any comments on:
Cherie hearts @ Lorong Melayu(Kembangan)
Cherie hearts @ Limau Garden (Bedok)
Cherie hearts @ Bedok reservoir

Thanks!

my dd goes to the one in lorong melayu. Great teachers and principal. Branch director oso very nice. My DD made a vast improvement in her speech and she loves going to school everyday. no regrets at all and i am glad to send her there. she choose the school herself at 18 months old. went to a few schools but when asked her if she wanna attend school there, she will shake her head but when asked if she wanted to go to lorong melayu one, she nodded her head. perhaps the many happy children there made her wanted to join in lor.

Hi Starmoon,
Thanks for sharing...
How old is your child, still at CH? How is the curriculum there?
As parents finding a childcare with caring teachers and clean environment is a important part. Will pay a visit to this centre as it nearer to my place thought not within walking distance.

Hi, i would like to find out usually mummies send your child to the childcare near your place or near your workplace?

for my case i am staying in queenstown and i am working at serangoon north... i cannot rush back in time if i were to send my child to nearby my house unless i ask my mil to pick my child up for me. but i dun really wish to trouble her.

and i am consider if to send my child near my workplace, is cherie heart at sheng shiong serangoon north ave 5 gd? thanks!

hi, anyone has kids at cherie hearts key elementary at blk 262 boon lay? also keen to hear reviews on the one at blk 721 as well.

Back