Cherie Hearts - Anchorvale CC

Hurray,

Hmm... wahaha Danessa is a very good speaker leh. Good lar at least she is able to tell you what happen in school.

Did you ask her did she fell down?

catherine,
I asked her that evening and she ignored my question. Just act blur and change the topic...can vomit blood mann.

Then I ask if its painful, she keep shaking her head, means no... must be don't dare to say lah. She scared I scold her cos' I already warned her not to climb as I got alot of complains on her "climbing activities" at sch and my dad's house too. HEadache!!

Hurray,

Haha thanks for the pic.. Who's that mommy sitting next to Jonas?

Yes... I think the twins one call Kang Kang one call Jian Jian or something like that. Jonas always mention Jian Jian think they play together quite often.
happy.gif

CAtherine,

Think Jonas won't bully lar, maybe only shout at her. hahahahah just kidding coz he normally will have a 'scared' face when he see kids bullying each other. Then will shout at them and run away. Coward lor.. hahaha

Later Jonas come back I will show him the pic... Maybe he will relate to me what happened there hehe... You try let Charlotte see the pic, whether she will be happy or sad..

Hi mummies,
I'm thinking of enrolling my daughter (borned in 2006) in Cherie Hearts Anchorvale. Any comments abt the teachers or environment there?

How is the teaching there? Do they more or less follow what they say they will teach on paper? (The reason why I asked this is tt my daughter is currently in another childcare, and I find tt the current childcare doesn't really teach properly - they seem to be "looking after" the children rather than "teaching" them...)

I just went down to see the sch last sat, and I like the fact tt the school is new, clean and big. But seems tt they are air conditioned all the way. Do your children hv any probs with tt? Eg. do they hv get cold or fall sick often?

Thanks...

Joann,
that one not a mummy leh... I think its someone from the HQ to help take care of the kids during the play. I didn't really ask who she is...ahhahaa...

decnk,

I think most mommies here will agree that CH is quite a good place because of its condusive environment and also the teachers are very caring towards our children. You mean "teaching" them as in academically? CH give us back the work they are doing in class every 2 weeks or so.

Regarding the air conditioning, that was also my concern intially but I guess for a child that just go into CC, sure to fall sick for the 1st week or 2 unless he/she got very strong immune. Jonas (my son) was sick on the 3rd day but recovered shortly after...

Hi Joann,
Thanks for your reply. Ya, what I meant was academically. So currently are they prompt in returning the work tt they do in classes?

My ger's current childcare also returned the worksheets once a mth, but they are not very prompt.

They were also supposed to give us weekly reports on what they taught the children tt week, and how they are doing in class (eg. how well they eat/nap, mix ard w other children, etc). But sadly, I only received this in the beginning. Lately nothing at all. I feedback to the principal twice on this, but she said tt she did saw the reports fr the teachers - mayb the children took it out of their sch bags. But this can't be happening every week right? If the notices can get to me, how come the weekly reports can go missing?? Anyway, I was quite put off by her comment... she din even offer to check with the teachers or photocopy one set for me. Does CH provides such feedback?

When I dropped by the childcare occasionally, I see that they are not really having classes most of the time. There was once I even saw the a child climbing on the window grills, while the teacher n other children are sitting next to him, as thou she is teaching them how to climb window grills! Sigh....

So does your son enjoy going to sch? Do you know if the sch allow parents to peep in from outside during class time? I wld like to see how the teachers/children are during class time, but I think I saw tt the glass/doors at the sch are all frosted...

Hi Decnk,

Agreed with Joann this is rather a good and condusive plan for kids. No problem with air-con cos' they normally set it very high, eg. 26/7 degree, which is like normal room temperature. So far my girl didn't get sick except for Sinus infection which was triggered off by milk allergy...

Academic wise, I think they do teach songs, peoms, colouring, art & craft and is based on thematic ciruculum. They mostly learn through play and songs as I understand at this age group, no writings or ABC yet. Pretty much the same everywhere. So far I've been getting her work back every alternate friday. The teacher will feedback that my girl climbs and will stop her. THis is because my girl will repeat what the teacher said to her at home "Don't climb ah..later you fall down."

Hi Hurray,
Glad to hear good feedback on CH...
happy.gif
me rather keen to enrol my ger there. But there's a wait list currently... Not sure whether she wld be able to get a place...

Is your girl 2006 one as well?

Decnk,

So far my girl fall sick once and still have slight sinus, other than that she is ok. I have seen some improvement of my girl she does not speak well, but after attending CH i realise she speaks more and more understanding. Able to communicate with her. She also will come back and sing to me. other then that still looking into more work done by her.

One thing why the glass doors are frosted is becos they don't want the kids to be affected by people walking around or looking outside in another way they can concentrate more.

Hi Catherine,
Ya, I also suspect that is the reason why the doors are frosted.

Anyway, we just called the sch.... will only know if there are vacancies in Jul... ;p

Joann/Hurray,
Thanks for giving your comments.... really appreciate tt...
happy.gif

Hi Joann

As you mentioned, he's really a "class monitor"...hahahaha

tell you something very interesting...yesterday evening, after bath, kyan was sitting on his high chair for dinner, you know, what happened, just when his daddy went to the kitchen, this little fellow just carry his pillow and knock off on the table...hahahaha..... and sleep thur out this morning...and the time is only 7.30pm...hehaha

Rdgs

tequila,

Wahh kyan really can sleep.. which means he didn't even wait for his dinner to be served? haha cute boy..

Nowadays they come back from school rather exhausted. Last time jonas will NEVER fall asleep in the car but ever since he started school, sometimes evening bring him out for a walk he can tell me 'mommy, go home sleep'.. hehe

decnk,

You're welcome. Hope you can get your child into CH soon.

But I think better not to peep into the class coz once your kid sees you, probably she'll stop paying attention to the teacher liao haha.

Jonas also speak so much more after going to CH. Now can speak in one sentence. He's a slow talker so i'm quite happy everytime he tell me in one full sentence what he wants to do, albeit with difficulty but at least he tried and the school is teaching him well
happy.gif

Joann, Tequila,

Charlotte also fall asleep at around 8.30pm. As i can see CH had lots of activities for them to tired them out.

True that Charlotte also now speak much more and eat more after going to CH.

REally Kids going to school are much more better then staying at home.

Although Charlotte will still cry b4 going to school but she stops after going in. i can see she is actually happy there but she becos of the seperations thats why she will cry.

Joann,
Jonas last time got use pacify? Now is he still using at home?
Wonder how to let CHarlotte quit.

Hi Catherine

Since last yr, kyan already didnt use pacify, as for me, i jus take away that's it. simple....heng ah...

Actually for kyan his sleeping is always at 8pm and sure knock off by 8.30pm...cos i will make sure that, he will get at least 10hrs of sleep every days, incl sat/sun...

Rdgs

Catherine,

Jonas use pacifier until 2 years old lor... He keep throwing them out of the window and one day I fed up just ask him to throw to the dusbin himself. After that I told him "you throw away yourself one hor.. so now lost don't find me k!" then he just sulk and stopped using lor.. But for a few nights not use to it, after 1 week NO MORE PACIFIER!!! Happy no need to everytime look for it downstairs liao.. haha

But now my small one using leh.. 18 months liao lor.. wondering how to make him quit coz he still don't really understand me when I talk.. sighhh so scared coz he have symptoms of autism..
sad.gif
haizzzz

tequila,

Wah sleep so early ah kyan. Last time when I put jonas to sleep at 9am, my inlaws say I put him sleep too early. After that i change to 10+ 11, she say too late.. wahhh lao stress manz sleeping time also have to stress...

Joann,
my girl only suckle to sleep after which i will pull it out. so now thinking of how to let her totally off.

Maybe you small one still don't really understand? Give him sometimes lar....

Charlotte was much better, yesterday when i fetch her she did not cry was eating. when she saw me she quickly finished up her bread. So funny. this morning she did sob abit but on the way to CH she was happy. when reached CH she just sob abit but was ok. so at least i see more improvement from her. BUt hor this ger go home she start to be CRANKY refuse to take out her shoes refuse to put her shoes in a proper way. Refuse to wash hands. haiz......

Hi Catherine/Joann

Ya...wonder what they do in the school, making the kids all exhausted...hahahaha...

but, whether or not, kyan will go to bed by latest 8.30pm...cos i want him to sleep 10hrs so that he got energy to play or pay attention in class....

Tequila,
As i know after their Nap they will have tea breaks then maybe go out for a stroll then do some art then singing and and then some snacks at around 6 plus. then teacher will give them do some coloring while waiting for parents to fetch them or even play games with them. Is totally full of programs. Esp May will keep the kids occupied fully.

heheheh the teachers in CH also buying wet bags from me... ehhh you all want wet bags or not :p Can give discount.. BUT only for CH mommies hor...

Hurray, Catherine,

Yea I sell wet bags, bibs and stuff. Aileen also buying the wet bags I think for her dotters.

Wet bags can put their wet stuff in school after bathing, or when they wet their pants. Conserve the environment mar, or else everytime take plastic bag very wasteful :p

Also because they are very pretty so I take the bag when bringing them to the pool also. Put wet stuff won't leak out..
happy.gif
Got M size and L size. Jonas and Kyan using L size which still got some space to put wet milk bottle after putting in all their clothes

Album: http://www.flickr.com/photos/26019487@N02/sets/72157617906692538/

paiseh huh... promote here.. Just wanna share with you mommies coz very useful for them to bring to school. I even propose to Aileen that ALL children in CH should have wet bags.. HAHAAHAHAH. I customize all got CH logo one. hahahah just kidding..

Catherine,

nice chatting with you in the train just now
happy.gif

Actually all designs got people take leh... Will update you next week k!.. more designs coming in :p

Hi Joann,
Yah nice Chatting with you too :p

No lar just joking with you , i actually like the japanese doll one how much discount you giving?

tequila,

Noted.. Anyways I just uploaded new designs
happy.gif

Sighh Jonas is sick.. coughing.. Think won't let him go school today..
sad.gif

ya, saw it yesterday. like the pooh design....

oh dear, let him drink lots of water.

Is this yr full time or part time job?.....

tequila,

Haha not really a job lar.. But its a registered business under ACRA, been around for 2 years plus..
happy.gif

Eh I just uploaded new one leh.. not pooh one hehe.. Will let you know when your bags are ready.

Catherine,

He just login facebook and say 'see charlotte' haha I ask him is it charlotte your gf ah.. then he say hmmm

Mummies how is The macdonald show today?

Charlotte got to give it a miss she is still sick.

Joann,

Jonas's cap only can return him on monday.

Catherine,

Just came back from the show.. When Ronald came out, several kids started crying coz he looked kinda.. scary like a clown. But Jonas just looked curiously at him, though I know deep down inside he also scared lor..

Lucky you never go to the show coz Jonas won't let me leave after the show ended and kept crying wanting to go home.. Sighh.. This week he absent for a few days coz sick.. Ear infection due to the flu.. sian... kena 2nd time liao lor..

joann,
Danessa got cry or not? She used to be scared of uncle Ronald cos' we always tell her Uncle Ronald will come and catch her if she don't sleep...haha..

She also absent from sch for 2 days this week due to flu. Keep having running nose, almost every 2 weeks...haiz..ENT keep saying sinus infection and allergy. Now trying out the TCM.

Hi Hurray

Actually for sinus, just keep them healthy and bal meal will do and it can nv be cure, and its also very depend on the weather, cos i myself hv this problem since teenage....as long as i exercise and drink lots of water to flash out...maybe mean time, keep all soft toys away for the time being.

Hi Joann

did kyan cry during the show....

btw, when will i rece the bags? so that i can transfer the $$ to you, or do u mind leave me yr mobile for easy contact...

Rdgs

Tequila,
The problem which her is she refuse to drink water. Guess that's why it keep coming back and when the mucus can't be flush out, it develop into a cough. You only get the sinus problem in your teens? Did the doctor say due to what reason? Diet, health, genes?

Back