Catholic moms / moms to be

Hi, just wondering if there are any catholic moms/ moms to be out there? Anyone TTC? Come on in to share your journey/ support one another! =)

Hi, I'm Catholic.
happy.gif

Hi Petrina, which gyn are you using? Which hospital u plan to use?

Blessed bb & myninabonita are you all preg or trying?

1Bean: i just changed my gynae. yet to go for 1st visit with new gynae.
old gynae Dr Chris Chong in glens
new gynae Prof Chong Yap Seng in NUH

Hi,

I'm not preggy currently, am trying. I have a 14 month old bb girl.
happy.gif
Nice to meet u ladies here. 1Bean, who's ur gynae? How many weeks preggy r u?

Hi blessed bb. I'm at 13 weeks now, was seeing Dr Liauw from TLC in TMC but now have to change cause she does not deliver in Mt Alvernia. Going to check out Dr Paul Tseng and Dr Kenneth Lee this few weeks. But still looking cause I prefer lady doc.

Petrina, is there any particular reason u choose NUH instead of Mt Alvernia?

hi ladies! =) i'm not a catholic but have gone thru RCIA... yet to be baptised as i wish that my parents could be give me their blessings for my conversion. right now can see that they are not so keen in me becoming a Catholic... in His time, I know i will be..

=) Have a 8 months son and now ttc-ing for #2...

blessed bb,
yes... my hubby is a catholic! =) hehe... my very first choice of hospital was actually at Mt A! but my gynae told him he couldn't deliver there because he was too busy at that time... sob sob... Mt A is the hospital where i was born...

Blessed bb - I'd prefer Mt A cause it's right next to my in law's place and it's a catholic hospital. My sister in law recommends either KK or NUH cause they have 24hr emergency unit for infants, so baby will be in safer hands of experienced doctors if something does go wrong during delivery. So I guess I'm still open. Also price a factor.

Hi 1bean, sgh also has a neonatal icu n high dependency ward in case something happens during delivery, bb will be well taken care of.

Hi blessed bb- going to check out dr Kenneth lee from mt a tomorrow morning. But I'm still looking for one that has good skill and I feel comfortable with. There isn't much infor on dr lee's skills, but read/ heard he is friendly and the hospital recep says that he's the only catholic gyn there.

Hi,

I'm new to this thread. Myself a catholic, first kid 2 yrs old now. And hoping to have second one, but miscarried last month. I reallly pray hard that I can conceive and give birth for the second one smoothly and healthily. As the first baby was borned prematurely and a miscarriage so i am really scared and worry.

hi 1bean,
the Mt A and TMC has neonatal ICU, but they are not subsidised. If the baby borned prematurely or other complication, it can end up very very costly. From my personal experience, always go to gov hosp (KKH, NUH and SGH). My prematured baby nearly born in Mt A, but luckily found a vacancy and managed to get transfer to SGH before giving birth. And if giving birth in Mt A, we might need to pay around 25K just for the bb. But in SGH, it is subsidized, so the bill become 13k.

Aixin, for ur number 1, u still able to get ur original gynae to deliver or have to get gynae from sgh? Ur bb born at which week?

Hi Aixin, thanks for the advice... I pray that mine will be a simple delivery and so can stick to Mt A. I'll be seeing Dr Ho from Mt A tomorrow if I'm comfortable with him, might stick with him all the way.. In regards to trying for the 2nd one after a missed. Don't worry too much. It's all in His time. I had 2 misses and this is our first one that has exceeded 8 weeks.

blessed bb - I still haven't confirmed which gyn, but am hoping to choose between Dr Ho and Dr Paul Tseng from TMC but deliver at Mt A. It didn't work out with Dr Kenneth Lee cause I think its too hard to reach the clinic... they have really short hours.

Hi ladies, i am expecting my #1 and am surprised,thrilled and excited to be given this gift of life by god. It must have been all the cathedrals we prayed/visited in Italy during our honeymoon.
I am currently seeing Dr. Chan Kong Hon from Gleneagles. He has been very patient, helpful and friendly so is his staff.I always look forward to my visits.

Hi Blessed_baby n 1bean,
My baby borned at 30weeks and 4 days. There was 4 days stay in mt A to delay the birth before i was sent to sgh. And sister Christine visited me everyday and pray with me that baby can stay till full term and healthy.
The Gynaes in Sgh delivered for me. Actually we cannt choose any Gynae that time because we want to get subsidized. But really thank GOD cos my bb is at the best position for birth that time so most Gynaes (from SGH n Mt A) think natural birth is better. And the delivery is rather fast only 5hrs. My baby stayed in Sgh for 46 days, now a talkative and funny two yo gal. I think God really arranged the best for me. As for second one I hope He will still take care of me n my bb.
For the missed this time I tell myself also this might not be the right time yet, maybe I still need more time with my first one, since I cannt carry her to full term, so I need to take very good care of her now.

Hi All,
I'm Catholic too. Currently in my 32th week into preg and seeing Prof John Tee at KKH.I hope everyone is doing good.

hi I'm a Catholic too!
have a bb gal who is coming 9 month. I delivered at Mt A too! Very happy with the environment and service. Will definitely go back there again!

btw, which church do you all attend? I'm @ Risen Christ Toa Payoh!

Hello all
I am Catholic too - just discovered (2 days ago) that I am pregnant with #2. Need to start looking around for a gynae - any recommendations?

Hi all,
Welcome tres n hazel!
Congrats hazel, that's fantastic news! Not intending to go back to ur previous gynae?

How's everyone? No luck for me yet.. Still waiting, waiting n waiting..

Blessed_bb: In time i am sure you will be expecting with the grace and will of god. Its great that you already have a baby girl though. I am a first time mum to be so quite anxious as everything is new to me. Just taking it a step at a time but always looking forward to my gynae visits.

tres & welen - I am attending Holy Family @ Katong or OLPS.

blessed bb, adeline: thanks
happy.gif

blessed bb: I was working in France 2 years ago, so I delivered #1 in Paris...now am back, so I need to find a gynae here. Agree with Adeline, you will be expecting in HIS time - will keep you in prayer!

I am usually at my mum's place on Saturdays, so more often then not, we attend Holy Cross.

Morning Adeline: I took 2 home pregnancy tests this monday (28/11)only! *haha* So I think I am around 4 weeks? Still very early.

Mount A would be nice but my friends were telling me that if there are any complications, best to be at KKH.... Some of my gfs' gynaes are at TMC, or KKH... What about you? Do share!

My gynae is at Gleaneagles, Dr Chan Kong Hon. He was recommended to me and i read up on forums about him and found he had very positive reviews on his overall service and skills. Hence i made an appt to see him and immediately he made both my hubby and i comfortable and gave us the sense of assurance as we are first time parents to be and didnt know what to expect.
So we are very happy to have chosen him as my gynae. I am sure there are loads of good gynaes out there,do read up on forums and get reccomendations from friends. However i believe that you have to be comfortable with your gynae to ensure you have a happy pregnancy.
happy.gif

Hi MTBs, nice to see so many of you out there, very soon it will be Xmas and new year, I feel reali excited to celebrate this festive season with a new life inside my body. I believe you guys feel the same too
happy.gif

It's reali a headache to find pretty yet affordable maternity wear in the shops. Moreover, the designs of the clothes are quite "auntie" to me.
I recommend this website for you to visit. The clothes are pretty and delivery is prompt. Let's look great during this festive season. Afterall, this period of time is the most precious moment. Lets all be chio mums
happy.gif

http://*********/index.html

Adeline - yeah, I am still looking around and seeking opinions from gfs. The only thing is that by the time I finish work and get home, I am so tired! *haha* I usually hit the sack at 9pm, the same time my girl goes to bed. Will use this weekend to do my research homework on gyanes!

Blessed bb: #1 is 27 months old - little girl. Impish, naughty, cheeky but has her own way to make me melt whenever she says "sorry". *haha*

Hi All!

I'm new to SMH. I'm a catholic too. Mummy of 2 and #3 on the way. Currently abt 10 weeks preggie. Nice to meet u all!

My EDD is 24.06.12.
happy.gif
Wow 3 kids!? Experienced mum then. How old are your first 2? boy or girl? Which parish do you go too as well?

Oh! That's close! 2 days away. Read that your Gynae is Dr Chan. Is his clinic on level 8? Mine's Dr Mary Yang.
My boy is 3 and girl is turning 2 this month. My parish is OLPS.

Back