Carpe Diem

hi shook

my boy is on half day in N1, so i find it inconvenient to let him attend the enrichment in the afternoon.

I think the childcare has done him good although quite heartpain at first cos he didnt like the food. Now he's used to it and would eat breakfast and lunch. I also see a change in his eating habits, more willing to eat most things.

Although he's only on half day, I'd make sure he goes in time for breakfast and join in the assembly so at least it is structured and he gets used to have meals by himself w/o us

I put him in a chinese enrichment prog located at changi-simei cc. His cousin is attending and said is good. So just enrol him for a term and try. Teachers are all very animated and is a small grp of no more than 8, now only got 5 students.

Hi Juxta
Who look after your son in the afternoon?

My son is ok wif the food juz dat the portion is insufficient for him. We give my son breakfast b4 sending him to Carpe Diem. He takes breakfast agn in Carpe Diem

Gd dat there is favourable change in eating habits for your son. Oh lunch is included in 1/2 day program as well

Wat enrichment program is your son attending in Simei cc? Wat many times a wk?

Hi shook,

I'm working from home, so he's with me in the afternoon.

ya, i agree the portion is insufficient for his normal appetite but i guess is a good training ground for him. Just let them adapt and get used to it right. It also seems like they're among their friends, more intersted in quickly eating whats given so they can move off to play

He takes milk b4 he goes in for breakfast and i'll give him milk or bread when he comes home. Is like comfort food b4 his nap.

He's taking chinese enrichment, once a week.

YT,
I send both my 2 & 3-year boys to Carpe Diem Tmn Jurong, AM only. Both my sons get phased-in quickly within a month. I also like the teachers and director there. They are very patient and loving. I'm glad that I have chosen this cc. This is the 1st time I send my sons to cc, and I was very worried about my sons not able to adapt. When I get to know they enjoy the activities in school, I am very relief..

Sharon,
I paid $80 to & fro Jurong West St65 to Tmn Jurong centre for 1 kid, second one $20 off.

Venice,

I am glad to hear good feedback from you. I also feel that the director is very patient. My son will be starting next yr 15 Jan.

juxta
My son doesn't drink milk. So the lunch portion is definitely insufficient for him

Wat kinda chinese enrichment program does your son attend?

Anyone who need Carpe Diem uniform for girl pls PM me. I have a set wear less than 10 times can let go very cheaply. Its very new.

shook,

is basic chinese , word recognition, some speech and drama blah blah, think is about the same as what most other enrichment schools has to offer.

How old did ur boy stopped milk?

hi

anyone went to the Carpe Diem at Blk 120 Teck Whye that side?

I visited the ctr recently, find it quite cramp as all the children are placed together, basically with just a small partition to separate the diff groups of children...was quite impressed when i spoke with the operator over the phone..however when i went, was quite shocked with the way she is dressed (mini cotton skirt and a low cut tanktop)..

so i would like to see whether any mums have tried the ctr, and if its realli good, then i may close on eye :p

hi, heard of the Carpe Diem at Yishun Polyclinic? do you have any worries sending your child to a childcare located inside a polyclinic? is this branch good? pls let me know, thanks!!

hi, heard of the Carpe Diem at Yishun Polyclinic? do you have any worries sending your child to a childcare located inside a polyclinic? is this branch good? pls let me know, thanks!!

Hi, I am planning to send my baby to Carpe Diem Infant Care at Yishun... Any comments of this branch? What is their operating hours? till 7pm or 8pm?

hi, just wondering for those who have been with Carpe Diem for awhile, do you think it is doing a nice job in preparing the child for primary school?

Hello mothers... any other comments for Carpe Diem Jur West besides stressma? Actuali i hv enrol my twin gals there since Oct'07 on waiting list, then on 29/Dec they call up and say got vacancies now, so I'm starting them on 15/Jan for 1/2-day AM class...
Are they really tt bad as stressma comments? The principal there sounds that she understands kids a lot and rather sincere. Any other moms can gv comments?
I've been to Ichiban but I don feel sincerity in the in-charge's attitude, and i don feel safe for my girls as it is a 3-storey house...

Hi Yen,

My boy was previously from Carpe Diem Preschool in Yishun. He started there when he was 20 months and stayed till N1. I withdraw him in Dec and he is now in another childcare in Yishun.

The school administration of carpe Diem Yishun is bad. Most of the teachers are Malay or Indian. The Chinese teachers are nearly all from China. I am not racist if the teachers are good. But they don't care about the students at all. Like stressma said, when the teachers bring them to the "gym" area, they will just sit there and let them play by themselves. I even saw 1 of the teacher beating my son's classmate's hand and grabbing his shoulder roughly when he did not line up in line.

My boy is cheeky and playful. During parent-teacher meeting, the teacher told me that my son does not fall asleep easily. He will either talk to himself or sing to himself before he falls asleep. If he starts singing to himself, the rest of his classmates start singing. So the class cannot sleep and the teacher cannot rest. So the teacher have the cheek to tell me that she always isolate my son and let him sleep in another section of the classroom (classroom separated into 2 sections but a row of shelves) by himself and the rest of the class sleep in another section.

In addition, my son also likes to talk in the class and therefore disturb the class. The teacher told me that she made my boy stand in the corner of the class. She still dare to tell me that my boy is quite clever. Even though he is standing in the corner by himself, he is actually listening to what the teacher taught as he is able to complete the worksheet independently by himself. But he is not able to recognize words as he cannot see the white board. You mean I am paying every month to the school for him to stand at a corner everyday???

No wonder, my son still cry and refuse to go to school often even though he was already in Carpe Diem for nearly 2 years.

There was twice that I sent my son to school not knowing the school was closed. To be fair, the school did inform us the closing dates of the school at the beginning of the year. But I think there should be reminders attached in the comm book to remind us that the school will be close 1 or 2 days earlier. When I checked with the teacher after school closure, she got the cheek to tell me that she forget to attach the reminder letters in the comm book.

Also, within a period of 6 months, the class changes teachers 4 times. The school also did not inform the parents that the teachers change until I wrote a question in the comm book to the old teacher and the new teacher replied that the old teacher has left and she is the new teacher.

I really will not recommend this branch to anyone. It is a pity as my boy made a few good friends in the school. Now, he has to be apart from these friends.

I withdraw him after the parent-teacher meeting. Now my son is in another childcare center in Yishun since Jan this year. The school is so much structured and organised. My son adapt so well to the school. He loves to go to school so much now he also want to go to school on Sat. I ask the teacher if my boy got disturb the lesson or find it difficult to sleep. The teacher said that he can be playful at times but will stop when she told him not to. He is also able to sleep well during nap time.

I even took leave and go to his new school to spot check on my son a few times by standing outside the school and looking through the window. Like the teacher said , he sleeps well and is able to sit still and concentrate on what the teacher said.

I am glad that I withdrew him from carpe Diem Yishun and enrol him in his new school.

<font color="0000ff">patphua,</font>
My son is in the Yishun branch. Agree with some of the points you mentioned about the teachers. May I know which sch is your son attending now?

Hello mommies &amp; daddies
My friend recently created a blog on “Child care centres in Singapore”, which she hopes to help parents make informed decision on child care and pre-school choices for their kids. The blog has a list of preschools and child care centres (CCC) in Singapore, with their contact info and parents’ comments on them. As she has just created the blog, there are no comments on the CCC yet. So she’d like to appeal to you (parents) to contribute your comments and feedback on the CCC which your child has enrolled in. Your opinion and comments would help other parents when they are looking for CCC and preschools for their child.

If your child’s CCC is not in the list, u can suggest for her to include in it.
url: http://sgschools.blogspot.com/

Please help to support. Thank you very much!

Hi mummies,

my girl is in CDYH @ Tampines st 33. any child is attending there - care to share your experience?

Thank you

Hi All,
Thank you very much for the posts. I am moving to Singapore next month and looking for a good child care center for my 4 year old daughter in the Jurong West and Bukit Panjong areas. Earlier I was planning to admit my daughter in Carpe Diem,Jurong West. After reading some of the feedback I have changed my mind for good. I would really appreciate if anyone can suggest some good full day child care centers in Jurong West and Bukit Panjong area.My daughter is a bit hyper active,but well mannered. She is always busy, so the teachers of the child care centers has to be really patient patient and caring. Thanks for your help in advance.

Hi All,
My son and duaghter are at Capier Diem First Yr. I find that my son progress alot since he transferred over here in March. I see him having more confidence when he does his things . He also progress fast in his acadamic. The being to find interest in writing A-Z, 1-30 and many chinese words. This is not something which i have seen in him for the past 2 yrs in his previous childcare.

Hi ALL

I came across this thread and so far no comments on the branch in bukit batok or jurong kecil..thinking of sending my 20mth old girl there.
Went for trial class in cherie hearts and i like the centre but there is a boy who cries non-stop and is affecting my daughter who at the same is stressing me out! Is a pity if i were to take her out of there...

Dear all,

I think different branch has dif style of managing the centre. I sent my child for trial in HG New Branch months back - this branch is not organised:

1. hv not seen any music and movement session when I accompanied my child for the 1st few days.

2) The teachers bring them to the gym area everyday is fine but not much activities therefore allowing new students have more time to think of their moms/caregiver and started to cry.

3) Principal/Care Assistants do not know how to manage crying child and worried mums/caregiver. Not attentive enough.

I have withdraw with second thots

Hi Sharena,

My friend's friend has sent her child to the Jurong Kecil branch and has good feedback.

Hi,
I also have bad exp when my child went on trial @ HG branch...sigh..glad I took her out after only 4 days.

The whole plc is chaotic, understaff for the past 4mths already (but principal didn't tell me until I found out on my own) etc etc. So many more factors that prompted me to pull my DH out ASAP.

hi mums,

i am considering carpe diem kidz at royal road and MMI PSA.

Any comment? Which is better? i am working somewhere there. In terms of convenient, MMI is better, 5 mins walk to my work place. In term of program, seems Carpe diem is better. More diversify and multiple inteliggence approach. Same fees. But Montesori approch seems to help the child to be independent sooner..

What do you think???

hai, dilemma...

starystarynite

starystarynite

FYI carpe diem got a policy which wins alotsa CCC and tat is the locked fees which meant they can't increase the price of the fees for the yrs ur kids be there.

As for other CCC most of them always increase their fees as and when they like or when the next terms starts.

Like the recent more subsidy for the parent sending kids to CCC alotsa CCC up their sch fees after hearing the news 1 week and as my gal is in carpe diem so luckily for me instead of i need pay more become i pay less compare to my other frenz kids in CCC.

Hi,

Am interested to find out more about Carpe Diem Starlets at Teck Whye. They hv 2 branches with the same name. One at blk 120, the other at 110.

Any mums who can share their experience with either of these 2 CC? Thanks in advance.

Am interested to know about Carpe Diem Starlets at Teck Whye Blk 110. Any mums can PM me with their experience. Thanks.

Appreciated if any one can give me feedback on carpe diem first year pte ltd at pasir ris. Think of enrol my 2.5 and 4.5 year old kids there. Thanks

Hi Josslyn,

I have moved from pasir ris 2 months ago.However during all these while i have very good experience with the center. My children are with them for 1.5yrs. Though i have moved, I have put them with and other branch of carpe diem in the west.

1) The principal and teachers very approachable. They are very quick in picking up things to improve and will also take your feedback seriously.

2) They make very good effort make sure the hygience standards are not compromised. the moments you step into the center, our children are checked and have to use the foam santiser to clean their hands. Everyday after the last student left, they will spray the air santiser for the center. We are usually the last one to fetch the kids. Although there are cases of hand foot mouth disease, but i can say that the controls are very well taken care. Before H1N1 was on the raise, they have already given out forms to parents to declare their travel history.

2) The Management is not stinger to spent . I have learn from the The teachers that principal have fork out her own money to buy caterpillars for all her K1 and K2 students ..so that they can learn and experience the life cycle of a butterfly.

3) The teachers are very encouraging. My son cannot speak Chinese and dislike writing. After he has been in this school , he is speaking Chinese, singing Chinese songs. His Chinese handwriting according to his teacher is the better ones in his class. The teachers are always very encouraging .. that's why my son can pick up so much things .

There are always so good and bad side . However, my personal experience with them was very good.

Adding to that, the school goes by project every term. The most memorable ones are the baking .
They bring the children through the whole process of making the cake. For this project,
1) student are doing cake tasting at T3 Secret receipe.
2) after that went to the prima deli training center to bake a really muffins. With the professional baker to explain to the kids...
3) the whole term project ended with cafe set up in the school. the whole center was converted to a cafe selling their muffins, cakes etc . . . then the student will take role play . Some sell, some take orders(waiter), some are cashier .. . The parents are the customer.

There are other projects too..water, hairdresser to name a few.

Josslyn
Replied your email

Mint described details which I din mentioned in my email

Yes, the director fork out fm her pocket to buy many equipments for the kids to learn eg baking stuff (not cheap), real hairdressing stuff (hair coloring, eletric curler, etc for the project)

Ea child received a copy of the project binded into a book wif personalised comment and wat the teachers n kids did fm start to end of project. u can imagine the effort put in by the teachers and the director

hi mint and foreverfriends honey,

Thanks for the feedback. I have fixed an appointment with the school and will go down to have a look.

am looking for carpe diem pinaform and pe attire for my 2 year old girl...pls pm me if you giving away or selling cheap

hi mommies, anyone children at carpe diem childcare resort at punggol 24th avenue? How's the school &amp; any problem?

Hi mummies,

Looking for female aged 30 to 45 years old who has at least 1 kid aged 4 to 12 years old. Any Race. White Collar/PMEBs &amp; Housewives.

To give us your feedback on food products. Purely research study.

Group discussion on 24th Nov (2.45pm &amp; 5.45pm) or 25th Nov (2.45pm &amp; 5.45pm) depending which criteria you fit in. 2 hours. Location in Orchard Road.

$100 cash incentive. Must speak good english. Interested, please sms me at 9189-2420. Hope to hear from you!

Hey Mummies,
Juz sharing my findings even though this thread does not seems to be active anymore.

Carpe Diem @ 108 Bedok Reservoir
Viewing – able to drop by as and when w/o prior appt.
Playgroup – Teacher looking totally bored with the kids at the table with play-doh. Modeling on some doh herself, but no interaction or much engagement with the kids.
N1 – Only one teacher helping the kids with shower. Children queueing up to hv clothes removed and just waiting around. Not productive.
N2 and K1, pretty much left on their own to do some colorings.
More Malays teachers than Chinese. Centre floor very dirty. All adults are wearing slippers themselves while the children bare foot. This centre is break into 2 section by the HDB staircase. While the admin lady was showing me the other section, she walked out of the centre wearing the same slippers and entering the other section without removing her slippers. Total turn off.
Overall, the centre seems messy. Structure/furniture all seems messy. Playgroup lessons are exposed at doorway. Teachers all looked sedated. They passed beautifully displaying absolutely no interest in the kids. Failed. Big time.
Visited: 22 June 2011, 11am

Back