Can 9 month old baby eat frog leg?

Why not? My boy is now 14mths and has been eating frog legs for the past 6mths. He has strong legs now, and can run around liao :p Just make sure the frog legs are fresh, you can buy live ones at China town market.

oic, thanks tigress. will buy some for my son to eat
happy.gif

Hi,

Yes, my son also eat frog leg, besides strong leg, I think there are other advantages as well. Sheng Siong also selling lives frog.

I buy fresh frog leg from Pek Kio Market every weekends. The stall owner even teached me to put in wolfberry into the porridge.

True enough, my son has strong legs. Just reached 12 months, he could start walking compare to my brother-in-law's son, same age as my son, still crawling.

Btw, how much the price you're buying for 1 frog leg ? Just wanna to compare price lah...

I started my DS for frog leg porridge when he was abt 9-10mths. Heard that it will be more appropriate to give frog leg porridge during this period.

The frog leg I bought is not live one. But can tell it's very fresh, cos it very 'bloody'. My MIL used to buy live ones from Chinatown market, but not sure how much. I dun like to handle live frogs, as the frog's heart is still pumping away when I try to cut it up, very disgusting!

Hi Tigress,

What i mean 'live' frogleg is the one I've chosen and requested them to cut for me. You really very brave ... at least you have handled live frog and cut it yourself..

Hi,

Recently my DS got nose bleeding. My mum commented that i have fed him too many frogleg... 太补 Being over nutritious and become heaty. Is it really true ? Anybody bb got this problem ?

Hi Melissa, i also bot the live frog leg from Sheng Siong at 3 for $10. They will cut & clean for u on the spot.

I don't feed my boy with frog leg everyday... usually twice a week only. Other days I'll give him cod fish or "ghor he".

me too... I bought 2 frogleg for a week. Other days, my DS will eat pork porridge or cod fish or Ngor Hee.

Maybe next time when I'm at Pek Kio Market, I must feedback to the stall owner that their frogleg too ex... selling 2 for $9...

You can also buy fresh frog legs from Singapore's frog farms. You can make that an excursion trip, or if your husband thinks farms are no good for his expensive tyres (haha, no kidding, I heard that before), then just ring them to order and they will deliver to your home in a icebox, cleaned, packed, chilled. Price was around s$10-12 for four or five.

Yes, Sheng Shiong is another good place. But I think the pricing is more attractive when on offer as it can go as low as s$2.20 per frog.

On the nature of the meat, a few TCM practitioners told us before that the meat is considered nutritious but veers towards "cooling", thus shd not be consumed daily by young kids. Twice a week shd suffice.

Frog in herbal broth is also a suitable food.

hi hi
i am also interested to know how to cook the frog leg porridge?
my son is almost 2yrs is also ok to eat rite?
any kind mummy would like to share?
thanks in advance

My mil wan to give my 1 yr old frog porridge. Really ok to take huh? Cos heard some say a lot of germs blah blah. How to cook??

not sure if the strong legs are results of eating frog? sorry for the wet blanket, but do eat all things in moderation.

if not sure, can always skip giving frog legs.

My son started eating frog legs after 1 year old. I cut out the meaty thighs of the frog legs to cook porridge. If baby is too young to chew, just let baby take the porridge . The nutrients is already sipped into the porridge.

Cod fish is good too. As it has a lot of oil, I add a small piece plus some meat to cook porridge. Good for brain growth.

Back