**CALLING all Nov 2006/ Jan 2010 mummies!!

my menses came immediately after confinement..thou i m also pumping and bb more on bf..but i find that during menses days, ss will drop abit. After that, will be back to normal ss.

Menses:

Humm... why U mummies menses come so soon? Not talking abt after birth lah. My menses only come like after 7-8mths, I mean my baby turn 7-8mths than my menses come. Actually my colleague says why I still pumping my menses will come? Coz her menses all the way didn't come until she totally stop BF.

Manunited,

Are U freezing your puree? If so U can add your ebm to your puree when U heat it up for your baby to take. For me I didnt add ebm. I just heat the puree for my boy to take. As I treat it as a dessert for him to take not as a meal.

Jas you so lucky! Ya lor, gg to park my boy and maid at my MIL's after my hubby left for his trip. sigh...sianz! but bo bian.

My menses also become very regular after delivery, never fail to come! and true enough, when it comes, ss dipped like crazy...i will pump abt >60% lesser than usual. After it ends, have to maintain hard for it to come back.

Manunited:i didnt get the avent ones...back then i also do the conventional method. only when ready to feed then i add ebm/fm

Serene: Thank U [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Got the stuff [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Hope you are back on track already toO!

Steph,

Aiyah mine too... And have been working late for the past 1 week le. Everyday reach home like 10-11pm... Im dying.... so tired... whole body aching feeling sick... Xiao liao still got outdoor stuffs and more things coming...

Hi mummies..i just bou a pumpkim...how long shld i steam? do i need to scrap away the seeds inside and also need to peel away the skin? Thks...

poor thing Jas! how come u worked so late????????

Hi manunited, skin and seeds discard, i will boil it until turned soft (usually abt 10mins) and u start mashing it. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Have fun cooking!

aiyo steph, i did not peel away the skin....so when i blend the steamed pumkim,need to add water anot? now doing this..hehehehe

Steph,

Xiao lor all the things come in at 1 shot and all like ASAP.... And some client very hard to please 1 logo can take them so long than decide to make it bigger! So sometimes is like wait and wait....!

Manunited,

For me I steam the pumkin with skin than after steaming I remove the skin than blend, keeping the skin when steam is to keep the vitamin in the flesh. If U steam the whole big piece its abt 15mins depends, U just use a chopstick to check if its soft than can switch off le. U can just add the sauce from steaming your pumkin, if U feel too thick the texture just add water to it when blend.

HELLO Mummies!!!

Manage to sneak some time to login.. Sigh, been SOOOOOO busy, can't even login to chat! My chicken rice which my colleague packed for me from lunch till 8pm then I ate... Cold Chicken...

Steph, SuperHappyMum, Jasmine, Winnie,

Miss you ALL!!! Sorry got to chop chop and drop some message, if not, my gals wake up again...

Hello Manunited!!! Welcome to join us!

Jasmine,

Take care. Must you work in office ? Can your bring your work home so that you can do after kids have slept ?

Serene,

Nice to see your posting again [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Poor thing Serene!!! I can imagine your workload!

You must have love your job so much, if I were to be like that everyday...I will think twice :p

SuperHappyMum, if I can, I don't want to bring work home too despite lateness in the office.

Hello mummies!

Lately relationship with hubby is not good... we can quarrelled 3x a weeks....Sien... =(

Think of going to the Consulting for both of us.... But he may not want to go leh....

STRESS!!!

HELLO!!!Serene!!! heehee...miss you leh..:p

Aiyo, what happened? drive down the root cause/trigger point?

I'm no better...hubby went outstation last fri..and it's total nigthmare for me to handle 2!!! actually 4 - include maid and MIL!

Let me rant a little here:

My maid told me that she is very stressed staying at my MIL's place and she prefers to stay at home. But she is new (abt 2 months) and very forgetful, she would leave my window grilles open after cleaning etc so I dare not leave her alone with bb alone yet.

Last nite, I witnessed my MIL yelling at my maid. She was washing the napkins and wanted to use the pail which there is only 1 undergarment in it so she conveniently took out and placed beside another pail where my FIL's socks were. Again, she forgot to put back after using the pail.

My MIL saw that and she was VERY VERY PEEVED. She threw away her panty and yelled at my maid that this is a NO-NO thing to do.

I was told that not to mix men's and women's clothes to wash but don't know why? but still why need such a big hoo-ha when those things will be eventually washed?

I'm so afraid that my maid will tell me that she want to quit!!! she is so stressed...:-(

Thks jasmine..I did the pumpkin puree as your method...did not peel off the skin until after steam...

Now gg to steam carrot and maybe grind ikan bills for his next new dishes for next week...fun to think of his new food wkly...hehehehe

Thks Serene....**hugz**...i also often quarrel with hubz...but not to make thgs worse, always hv to give in..very tiring actually....quite hard for men to agree counselling esp if they dun think they are at fault....

But for the little one, we have to be positive..easy to say than done thou..haiz....

Serene,

Take it easy ok gal. Both of U got 2 lovely kids. So when U get angry start thinking about them... Try to avoid talking for a well if possible, let things past don't bring it up if U think with trigger any quarrel...

Steph,

I have replied to your mail will check and get back to U ok. BTW what the length U looking at for top and also romper so I can get back to U which are suitable for your boy, we can work things out.

manunited,

Im happy to hear that U R into making baby food, its kind of happy when U see them enjoy the food U prepared for them right? Have U start on porridge? U know my boy now is coming to 16mths le, he still love to eat the porridge receipe I teach my maid to cook for him. He will finish up the whole bowl most of the time, only if my MIL dont give him snack before his meal time, which I dont like my MIL to do that, ANGRY!

jasmine, just started plain porridge (put in slow cooker in the morning) for him on monday and put the pumpkin puree together with porridge....btw, what kind of rice do u give your bb? mine is the same normal white rice as what we eating....shld i buy brown rice or any special or better grade rice?

tomorrow he is gg for his last dose of 6-in-1 jab and will be blending carrot puree for him..what can i mix carrots with huh? or shld i just make pure carrots will do?

yes yes, its fun thinking of making new food for him...

maunited,

HAH! Your boy only 7mths right? So fast last jab for his 6-IN-1 jab?

My son just took his MMRV last week niah still got 2 more jabs in another 2mths times. He also taking 6-IN-1 leh.

Rice:

My mum help me buy those 'XIN MI' which they call it new rice, it will be smoother when cook I think. Now I just started using the normal rice for him. As for brown rice is up to U if U would like him to take coz I heard is less sugar level if taking brown rice.

Puree,

Actually I start with Pumkin, than pumkin with sweet potato those Japan type purple skin de. But try not to use too much yellow skin fruit or vege together if U giving him often his skin will turn yellow on his face, coz I ever observe than I cut down. Then I add green vege like brocoli or sweet peas for green.

serene, me also had a quarrel with my hubby last wk cos i cant tahan his wkg hrs and on top of that, he gt so much commitments (outside of his job). bt anyway we'd a talk over it... cum quarrel cum reasoning cum crying... n i told him our r'ship has already 'dan hwa' liao..

the following day, my boss saw my swollen eyes and asked me wat happened. we had a chat and she recommended me a bk... u can go the website n read: http://www.5lovelanguages.com/

it really helps.. cos i told my hubby wat i really nd (wat i want was 2 out of the 5 love languages).. n he also told me wat he nds...

u sld give it a try [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] hope it really wks for both of u.. jia you!

Hi all, how are you ? It is so quite here.....

Serene,

Men are like that. They dont understand women. Sometimes i also wonder why i married him [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Take it easy !

life is normal everyday.. lol..

anyway had booked the venue for my son's 1st yr b'day nxt yr 1 Jan!!! i know i'm kiasu.. lol...

hehe.. had booked NSRCC's bungalow cos i dun wan chalet (no aircon n i cant tahan.. so does my son..keke). From the NSRCC website, the bungalow looks reali nice! 2 levels with aircon in the living rm too. My fren also highly recommend. Gotten my colleague who's a member to bk for me. Min 2 nites. Total price: $570. i think the price qte similar to those aloha chalet prices.

For catering & cake wise, intending to get from ecreative.

That time @ the mother & bb fair, had purchase the balloon pkg @ $100 from kidspartystore.

u gals gt any plans for ur bb's b'day? Maybe this is my 1st bb so i bit kiasu.. lol

Morning...jasmine - yup my boy 7mths now....his last dose of 6-in-1 shld be in early jun but he was having fever then so delayed til end june...

Good morning mummies....how's everyone?

my last 2 weeks are crazy! kids are sick...girl got it from sch and passed on to little brother.

Hubby away and MIL complaining abt my maid everyday!

My boy has to skip his 6-in-1 due to fever last Sat [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] and he's been coughing with phelgm...so poor thing. Can't help him much except medication.

Best thing, he doesn't like me shoving medicines into his mouth...sigh...how to start solids?

Wah Winnie, NSRCC is really nice esp after the last reno. Went there in my teen's for chalet...nice environment but a little winding drive in.

I had my boy's 1st mth at Aloha Changi. Nice serene environment too.

Steph,

Try to bring your boy for tui nah at Yu Guo. My boy and gal have cough with phelgm always go there. Normally we will go for both western and chinese till they are ok. No choice, cough for too long no good leh.

I have a blow with MIL over weekends too. Cried until eyes swallon. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

oh dear Jas, u ok? thanks, kids recovering but will monitor if it's a pro-long situation.

What's the woes this time? care to share?

Hello Mummies!

Thanks for the encouraging words, mummies...

I already give up on arguing with my hubby... SO whenever there is a fire stirke, I stay away from him... He want to snowball the problem, Lets roll it off loh...

These few months are really busy, my boss going to maternity leave soon. She has handover a lot of duties for me to do... stress!

How to continue BF and be happy, if with a husband like that and overloaded duties at work??

Jas,

What's happening? I hope your problem is not the same and bad as mine.

Steph,

Thanks for supporting me the BM. I am trying very hard to resume my BM... =(

Lately, my elder gal's school informed us that there is a case of HFMD and at her class, I am sooooo worry!! I don't know should I send her to school, but I worry that my MIL can't handle her and my elder will easily get bored at home. Sigh... there comes another problem...

Hi gals,

Well, for me is a blow out. Im ok now. Its all over my gal. Tis little fellow is naughty which I knew, but dont know why ever since my boy arrived, MIL have been arrowing my gal. What ever she do she will be very fierce treating my gal. She even told my hubby that my gal is non-human, I just can't take it anymore, calling my girl a animal? That is before tis blow happen, MIL start to tease her again and again after she stop crying over certain things, I walk out from kitchen there she goes..... blurrrrr... and my gal start crying again, than I ask why she have to tease her when she just stop crying.... than she say now why kid all so naughty.... I told her if she can find kids who are not than its must be surprising... then she start saying, YOUR DAUGHTER just like U! I tell her off yeah yeah bad things all like me, like I gave birth to tis child not with her son lor! Maybe I have been tahan with what she comments for too long that I just cant take it anymore.... After that hubby walk into the bedroom with my boy, he say cool down dear, dont be like that. I ask him straight away who started it!. He also know that her mum always give harsh word on me and my gal, he will always say let it past lah, she old le, I told him wrong means wrong I dont care if she is old lor, so what!

Steph,

I find getting a air cleaner also will help a lot as they sleep in air-con room.

Serene,

No wander didnt see your posting for a well. HFMD, dont play play.... it will be worse if your gal gana, better careful than to be sorry.

It is the session for MILs problem ?

I am so piss off of my MIL. Thinking of chasing her out of my house n not letting her come again.

Story:

My maid says she want to go home. Reason being she can't tahan my MIL already. Always give her cold face, not talking to her and talk to children like she can take care of them by herself. Besides, she is saying to my baby boy that she can take care of him at her daughter's house which has another boy that she loves within considering my 2nd daughter is also need her care.

Should I quit my job, chase her out of my house once and for all ? Not allowing her to see my kids forever.

SuperHappy Mum,

Your story sound like mine ex-maid who face my MIL. Both cannot get along. U know I renew my ex-maid actually, but end up guess she still can't face my MIL still, after coming back she got no mood to work which I think is 1 of the reason. End up we send her back and grant her wish. No point if both cant get along.

Wow Jas, that's indeed a blast from an amicable YOU!

SuperHappyMum, I have a similar situation like you. I'm so afraid my maid will quit on me! Now that my MIL will find fault...with the least things the maid does. sigh! I can't help but close 2 eyes as my hubby is not ard and I need her help.

Serene, yes been 2 mths liao...woohoo!! hope that you found the pills I left in the bag. My boy is turning 6mths this weekend and I want to introduce solids to him liao so not so taxing on me. I'm slowly reducing my frequency so that i can do more work and less tired. Not sure if I can still continue to supply you. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

On a strangest contrary, my FEBMs zapped really fast at my MIL's place...dunno why also? My boy appetite grew when he's at my MIL's place?

My dept moves again ....and i have moved 6th times in 2.5yr!!! the environment getting from bad to worst...the table is so small..and we have to get our own drawers!!!

rooms are getting more impossible to go in to express [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

umy maid ois saying to sftay till Dec. I hv called agent for biodata. Should I keep her if i hv selected one i like (by photo) ?

Is she testing her importance in my family ? Huh....

Jas,

Your case a bit simliar like mine leh... But my hubby not as supporting as yours loh. He even scolded me that I made her mum cried! SHIT! This old woman likes to use her tears to show pple how pityful she is... I have a few friends to tell me to close one eyes lah, forget abt it as your hubby will be very difficult sandwiched between two..anyway, she treats and loves your kids well... Sigh, I am trying to.. but when I see her face I just CANNOT!

Sometimes, I am thinking am I got problem...

Yeah, yeah... I am so worry of my elder gal on the HFMD... I keep checking her hands, mouth and legs.

Steph,

I should said THANK YOU for your continuous support, without your supply, my gal already started FM long time ago!

I have tried your pills, only up a bit leh... =(

SuperHappyMum,

Sometimes maids will test the employer, but don't jump into conclusion first, wait and see...

Winnie and manunited,

How are you? Not news from you recently? Everything is OK?

All mummies,

Any idea where can I find nice and good birthday cakes? My elder gal's b'day in mid Aug, she wanted a star shaped cakes... Where to find???

Steph,

My maid's contact end in Jul 2011 next year. Now, she is saying she will stay till Dec 2010 coz my 2nd can go Childcare center next year & my MIL implied that she can take care my son. So considerate leh. I didn't tell the maid to do so.

Is this a trick or it is really my MIL problem ?

I am confused. I hope she can stay as I don't want to "gamble" again. Who know a bad maid come ? Even tho a good one come, I still need to re-train the maid. Sick.

Serene, don't say that...glad that i was able to help though not much.

We should meet up, I still have unused packets of milkbags to return to u.

Have you started your gal on semi-solids?

SuperHappyMum, was this a collusion between your MIL and maid? Have you had a talk with your maid to really understand why her sudden decision? Need be, calculate her loss (ending the contract earlier...etc) and let her understand that it will be her loss if she decided to discontinue her service.

I do agree that retraining a maid can be painful and regurgitating; best thing I am still suffering from the repercussion! For me, my MIL has been chiding my maid so badly that every weekend I have to console and counsel her! Life been tiring enough without a hubby and 2 needy kids and now pat talk with maid....aiyoo...

Anyway, I finally waited for my boy to turn 6 mths today! started giving him little portion of rice cereal on Sat! so messy but happy...at least not so taxing on my milk supply! hahaha...

will try pumpkin this Sat :p

Serene,

Well for me everything back to normal again. But kids and me are sick just came back from 2 days MC. Now MIL fall ill with fever, hubby took time off to take her to the doctor. U want to order special shape cake guess e-creative is the 1 U looking for ba. U just go google and check. I heard my thread mummies got good review on their cakes.

Hello mummies,

Phew! Last week really a stress and tiring week for me!

My elder girl (Gladys) was sick with high fever.

Initially, we took her to KKH for her constant cough on last week Monday, after a day, the medicines from KKH really very effective... but she developed into high fever from 38 degree shot up to 40.1 degree on Wed! I took urgent half day to rush her to KKH and she was admitted that Wed night due to her white blood cells was over the rating of normal limit, which mean she has infection virus in her body but doctor don't know where is it.

I stayed in the hospital with her for 3 days... just discharged on Sat... Then my hubby gota reservit has to stay-in on Sun night..... Whoa!! Gladys having night mares yesterday, I stayed up till 2am plus to juggle both kids...

At first today I wanted to send Gladys to school, then I don't know why decided not to, let her rest for another day.... Then I received msg from sch that there is a HFMD reported today! The child attended sch last Fri but is adsent today.....

Steph,

I think my BM no more liao...cos I don't feel the fullness and my baby gal keep stucking very hard each time... I think these 3 days too tension and stress liao.... =( I feel so upset and guilty.

Jas,

I hope you are well now... Weather is bad, almost everyone gets sick easily.

Jas & Winnie,

Thanks! Will check it out the website!

Serene,

加油 !! You are strong woman. I hope all of our kids are healthy from now onwards. My eldest girl had fever on Thursday and Friday also.

My maid says she has changed her mind, not to stay till Dec. She wishes to go home asap. So sad to hear that but I will let her go. No point keeping her since she wants to go home. Will need to call Agent for selecting new maid. Wish me luck to get a good maid.

I am confused also. Should I get maid ? Since my 2nd girl will be on childcare center next Jan, do I still need a maid ? MIL can take care the baby boy. What's the maid is for when my 2 girls are in childcare center for the whole day ? If without maid, will i be as free as now during night time and weekend ? (definitely not).

I am confused now......let me re-org myself b4 I can continue to type..... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Hi Serene, hope Gladys has recovered. If school has HFMD, I will refrain my gal from going; her immune system is not that strong.

I can feel your stress just by reading through your post! Seriously, if I were you, I would have gone berserk...to think that you can still manage with such composure. Times flies past fast that I have been supplying your LO. Can you PM me the cost of the milkbags? I can help you to sell them off if you wanna?

You have come so far alr! You shouldn't feel bad or guilty at all...now that bb is 6mths, she can be supplemented with fm and semi-solids. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Life been crazy for me too, finally resign in to fate that there is so much that I can handle.

My milk ss has been irrational lately and can't sustain the level which I used to produce anymore. but I'm still working on it....working hard...

How's the rest? I learnt from another thread that blended zucchini is good...anyone tried?

SuperHappyMum, I was at your junction 1.5 years back when I decided to send my maid back.

It doesn't sound feasible to have a maid staying at home when both kids in school rite?

And yet again, I'm used to not do housework so for a while, I get my hubby involved in cleaning the house.

Having said that, I was considering that becos I have only 1 gal that time. Situation is diff for you. U will have to consider if 1 child get sick (touch wood) and she has to quarantine from the rest, that's when u need an extra pair of hands.

Just my 2cts worth, I would still have a maid to do the miscellaneous housework while I get to spend quality time with the kids.

Meanwhile, if the maid has decided to go, don't keep them. It torned between money and spending time with their loved ones. GOOD LUCK DEAR!

Hi all,

my ss starts to drop also. I am taking fenugreek again. Our baby is about 6 months old. It is time to give puree.

My maid requests handphone. Ha ha, all maids are almost the same. Next step will be request for off-day. Wait n see !

Steph,

you are right. Extra pair of hands is good but i really hate those maids. Don't know what they are thinking. I am willing to try w/o maid after my 2nd girl goes childcare center next year. I need 6 more months only. Don't want to depends on maid.

SuperHappyMum, you are so diligent! I'm too pampered by having a maid...to think of the whole ordeal of cleaning the house and other chores really put me off now.

Ur maid requesting for mobile? I guessed it a trend...You might be right..soon will be off-day or more. Is yours a filippina? You let her got chance to go 'outside' and interact or not?

I was surprised that once I caught my neighbor's maid talking with another across the block through the windows!

I feel bad cooping my maid at home mostly with the boy so I will try to bring them out on weekends for a quick dinner or sort so as to get a breather for herself too. Hope I'm not terrorizing her mental!

Back