**CALLING all Nov 2006/ Jan 2010 mummies!!

staying up for the nxt pump...wonder how i can coordinate timing when i get to work tmr!!! arghh...so not looking fwd back to work!!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Steph,

I told U to readjust your timing so U can get to bed like 11.30pm next pump will be around 4plus, if U can drag a bit more will be at 5am. Haha thats what I did when I started work.

Serene,

Dont be too upset, no matter what U still have to try to resolve the problem with hubby, 2 kids still young... Have to sit down and have a talk with him. No point REN lor. You will be with your partner for life so its better to settle any problem in the family.

Steph,

Same here. I was so happy with the amount of breast milk that I stored in the freezer. However, I sum them up and divided into the amount needed daily. It can only last for 8 days. Sad [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

I am very scared when thinking of going back to work. I WANT TO CHANGE JOB !!!!!

aiyo Jas, can't sleep last nite...now so tired.

i want to leh...but i try keep only 2 pumps in the office. so i did at 2am..next at 6.30am...in office at 8.30am then pump later at 11+am...and one more mid afternoon...let's see how lah....first day only...

sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepy!

Steph,

Why U pump 6.30am than 8.30am? If I were U I pump 6.30am next will be 11.30am than once before U go home around 4plus-5pm. When we started work we have to adjust fir out time. Our supply will be a bit more in each time we pump than usual as we cut down the amount of time we pump in a day.

Supperhappymum,

8days storage is good enough as U will still be pumping in routine right? After resting for so long is normal to be tired and scared to go back to work and will also worry if your baby will be taken care of.

Jasmine,

I also plan to pump at 6.30am, 11.30am (office), 4pm (office), 7.30pm and 11.30pm. I am sure stress at work will interrupt the pumping time but I will try my best. I am actually have to serve for a least 2 more months. I will go back to try out. If I really can't stand the work stress, I will quit and look for new job.

Jas, I need abt an hour to reach work and work starts at 9am. if i did at 8am; even in office,I will have to express 3 times in office. Don't really have the luxury of being MIA from the desk. + I'm expressing in the server room -brrrr cold!

Thus far, did 1.30am (home), 6.30am(home), 11.30 (office)...trying for the 4pm later too. at least, with this i can still sustain my 5 express per day.

Steph,

How long U need to express? For me If I start at 9am. And I also need about 1 hr to reach office. I left home around 7.15am. So I reach office around 8.15am. I still can take my time to express when I started work at 9am. Next pump time is like 12.30pm than 5.30pm before I left work to go home. After that I will try to drag my time to about 11pm last pump than 4am, so I reach office around 8am is about 4-5hrs. It can be work out de. I tried that for both my kids.

SuperHappyMum,

Which line are you working in? Stressful job? I work in advertising line. But there is time when Im jam up with work when all the deadline is like ASAP, than I will have to tahan until the job goes out in time. But I have a good colleague who support me, when I tell her I cant tahan anymore, she will try to help me out.

Jasmine,

I am working in the manufacturing line. The company is making semiconductor chip. It is 24 hours manufacturing. Thus, once the machine is down, the assistant will call me for troubleshooting instruction. Now, my group is very weak with new assistant and colleagues. Thus, I am scared to go back.

Did you watch a 9pm show called 梦想成真 in Channel8 last year ? That king of the job.

If I were single or married w/o kid, I will fine the job very challenging.

SuperHappyMum,

Oh my brother also in tis line last time. I knew how is it like. Guess after having kids, it will be too stressful working in tis line. But when U not around who is taking over your job?

Jas, my pumping time varies...sometimes 20mins done...sometimes 1hr esp if i leave it engorged > than the usual frequency.

SuperHappyMum: so you have to be on standby 24x7? I used to be on mission critical jobs and standby 24x7 is a challenge!

Steph,

You will have to adjust your timing so U will have your beauty sleep if not very shiong to stay awake and have to get up early, thats is bad! Yeah didn't see her posting... What happen to U Serene??

SuperHappyMum: Rem? u r a SUPER MUM [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] stay strong!

Jas: Me readjusting but kept going out of routine.

I am very angry with my MIL. I find out something while chit chat with my maid.

One day, I went out with hubby to open CDA account for my baby. Thus, we asked MIL to stay at my place till afternoon. After banking, we went to Crystal Jade for lunch. Once I stepped into the restaurant, I remembered MIL at home. I called her asking if the maid cooks for lunch. If not, I will pack lunch for her. Who knows, she put down the phone and asked the maid if I always went out for lunch and packed lunch for the maid. The maid said no. She will eat at home. Then, my MIL told my maid that her daughter will pack for the maid when she eats out.

In the 1st few week after my maid came, she told my maid that she used to buy many clothing to my previous maid but she will not buy for her as i told her that my current maid has lots of clothing already. It is true. I did tell my MIL not to buy because I don't want to stack up so much place for the maid and I don't want my MIL to spend $$ on my maid.

My point of view:

Why does she need to tell maid like that ? This will only make the maid doesn't like me. What will my MIL gain if the maid doesn't like me ?

Thanks Jas!

SuperHappyMum: The fact that your maid confide in you then all is NOT LOST!

I notice something common in MIL, they seem forever pitting against DILs. Or they are perpetually 'recruiting' allies so that they are not alone. SIGH.

I left my maid and son at my MIL this week becos I'm apprehensive that my maid is new and not able to handle if I'm not home. While previously, my MIL will complain that having a stranger at home makes her feel uncomfortable. This time she is more than elated that all her housechores are duly done. I bet in no time, she will stir up stuff.

On a separate note, finally met Serene today! feels bad that i have her waiting for me as I was like a mountain tortoise walking obliviously around town; seldom go town.

It's a casual but friendly feeling sharing our woes over family, MIL etc...We should all meet up [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

She has been reading but not free to leave entries.

Keep writing mummies!

Steph,

I am not worry about the confide from my maid. I am sad of why my MIL want to do that. If my family has problem, doesn't it means that her son is in trouble ?

2nd sadness of the day: when i picked up my 1st daughter from childcare center. The center is full for next year nursery (for my 2nd daughter) which I have decided to continue this center for my 1st kid. Now die lah, no school for my 2nd.

I am really very sick of thinking about it. All the problems are here because of I am working. If I dont' have to work then I don't have to depend on MIL to supervise my maid. No need to meet up with her at all !

Steph,

Aiyah, I went raffle place just now too leh. But have a big bloe with the money changer there. He took $450 from my colleague as I have ask her to help me change, and the stupid indian guy says I only gave $400. My blood pressure went super high I think when my colleague and I say why he didnt use the machine for counting notes? Whereas my sis change he did uses it! He just ignored what we have say and insist that I only give $400 notes for change only! What a bad day for me [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Steph,

How is your new maid? Altitude good? Is she married? Coz I find married 1 tend to have problems sooner or later de. Next year is my turn to crack my head and worry again...

aiyo Jas! what a rip! you should insist that he return u the notes and u count on the spot.which one? the one lvl2 corner at the arcade? i used to chg that when i work there leh...so far so good.

this new maid is good! i like her a lot, married with 2 kids. *crossed fingers* so far ok. u want to chg maid next yr? this one don't want to cont'd?

SuperHappymum: try on waiting list? they should give notice and priority to existing students with siblings. fret not, u still hv 6more mths to source.

ur MIL is probably too bored and also those yakadee-yak ones- go ard telling things to others!

mayb u can casually bring up to ur hubby and hope that he can tell off his mum?

Steph,

Note down its HASSAN & SONS Exchange(Opp POSB Banks), I will never change with them again even is the highest rate they have man. I did get back coz the guy check the camera clip cant see his partner counting the money and also ask him why he never use machine to count the money? So he say he will treat it as I gave the right amount $450. They will close their account at 4pm. If they find their amount not right they will call me wor.

Oh your miad have 2 kids le ah. Big already the kids? Coz my previous maid also have a 5 yrs old son, but when she return after 2 yrs of working here, she changed. No heart to work and can see for her face de lor. My tis maid I don't think she want to continue and also we are afriad she will be like our previous maid, so see how 1st, we will ask her in Feb next year see what she say, if she wants to continue we will have to consider 1st. If not we will look out for new 1 again lor.

at least u got back the initial sum Jas.

yes, my maid has 1 9yrs old and 1 6mths old boys.while she misses them, she treats my son very well. usually if they go back and come back again, tends to be more ya ya thats y i prefer new maid too.

I did 'psycho' this maid telling her how much she lugi if she goes back to indo and back again, she will have to lose all her agency bonds and fees all over again! nearly 10mths of $$$ can buy herself a small plot of land! lol :p I so bad hor.

just received a letter from MOM that i am liable to pay for 2 FDW levies!! Cos the first one wasn't transfer yet, damn agency didn't tell me what are the hidden cost i have to bear except for insurance!

If they didn't find her an employer yet so i have to keep paying levy and insurance!

having one but at the cost of 2! I'll make sure that I claim them next year!

time of the year again for income tax, sigh both maid and baby not eligible for this year...still have to pay over 1K! siong ah!

Hello mummies!!!!

Aiyo! What a bad encountered with the changer, if I am you Jas, I also blood boil super high!!! GIVE ME BACK MY $50!!!

Steph,

Then can you neg. with the agency? It's not fair to you leh....

Superhappymum,

Your MIL can make friend with my MIL liao... same same, busybody and like to poke on pple noses.

She also tell my elder gal that if she don't do that, mummy will scold hah... Lucky my gal still prefers me than her.... Phew!

Finally see u Serene!

How? bb ok with bm? when are u ready to collect next batch?

i'm gg to call MOM tmr and see what they can help me with the levies.

Steph,

The levies hor I think max they ask U to pay is 1 or 2 months if Im not wrong. Coz I also ever change my 1st maid as she got very bad attitude problems. But I lucky, coz when ask for replacement to a new maid, the agent already start looking for a new owner for her, so I think I only pay for the 2 weeks leavy. I think U better check with MOM to be sure.

Serene,

Nice to see in back in the thread again... misssssss U leh.... U R right I stand there with my colleague insisted they pay me the extra which I should have and they did! I was so boiled up totally yesterday, can't get over it till evening when I get to tell my hubby. He say U don't cry hor.... don't know why he say that to me... I tell hubby Im very pissed! And guess what they didn't dare to call me coz is their own fault!

Jas: your hubby so cute! tell u don't cry haha!

I called up the maid agency and they told me that they found a new employer for my previous maid since 8th May. What a coincidence! Wonder if i don't call, will they do the paperwork.

Now calling MOM to confirm if the levy has been cancelled and whether the refund will be reversed since they have deducted.

Called MOM, was told that i'm liable to pay levy up to 30days! sigh..getting a maid is a 'heng-shuay' thing. End up paying extra. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Anyway, it's TGIF! Have a good weekend ahead mummies!

Hello mummies!

I MISS you all!

Jas,

Your hubby very nice leh... My hubby never even bother me when I cried! Last time courtship, very worry when I cried, now... he will said,"cry for what?" or don't even bother!

No wonder some women rather be a "mistress" than a wife.

Steph,

Thanks for the BM!!! I am so amazing that your thre packs of EBM can take up almost 3 3/4 containers of 220ml!!! Wow! I can only use one container everytime.... My BB very happy, got BM to drink, haha! When can you pass to me and for lunch again, I am ok, anytime... But I cannot take leave wor.

HAPPY WEEKEND!!!! I am still in office.. =(

Serene: TGIF, u still in office? aiyo...avoiding ur MIL again? :p

Aiya, MEN! I always told my hubby the 'before and after' treatment. Before, everything also can. After, everything also cannot.

Glad that your bb is responding well to BM...Meanwhile, don't give up ok, keep trying for ur bb!

I'm on leave next wed and thurs again but wed gotta bring Caleb for his jab again. Most prob thurs i meet u?

To all mummies: Are you using drypers? if so, join in the contest [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

http://sourcesphm.cmail1.com/T/ViewEmail/y/DA9589B4131787AE/FF44E6508D935784C9C291422E3DE149

Hello Steph & Serene,

My hubby scared when Im sad or angry de lah. He is a low temper guy, he does get angry once in a well when he is too tensed up with his work. If both of U do meet ups I dont mind join U gals for lunch just let me know by wednesday. Friday I will be flying off to HK for my company D&D. Be back late on Monday midnight. Waited so long for my holiday finally after giving birth to my boy since last year... I must really shop till drop too as its my birthday this Friday haha... 1st time spend my birthday out of town and is with company event. Hope they will not disturb me though.

Hello all,

Do you know how to reduce the photo size/resolution ? Which software should I use ?

I used to post photos but now I don't know why I can't do it anymore.

Thank U.

Resizing my hubby uses the resize when U double click to open the pics in your PC just need to change the pixels ba. When I use my photoshop no matter how I do it still cannot get the right size to post up in SMH, I also dont know why coz Im using MAC not PC in office.

Jas: HK!??!??...bring me along! ahhaah...guess I won't be traveling for a while. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

So good...HK for D&D...my coy sucks...everything low cost.

Ur hubby must be very doting...so envious.

SuperHappyMum:I use fireworks, photoshop CS as well. If you want, i can do it for u.

Hello mummies!!!

Jas,

Wow! HKG for D&D! My D&D in S'pore, everything low cost (even though its a BANK!)....

Happy Birthday in advance!

Steph,

I am ok to meet on Thurs... Lets celebrate for Jas if she is joining... yeah?

Sigh.... I still cannot increase my BM, how??? I don't even have time to pump at office, always do the pump before going back.... at 7pm! HELP!!!!

Superhappymum,

You wanna put your photo here? Great! Tell me how if you have figure it out... I also want to put my two gals pic in.

Steph,

What time U both meeting on Thursday, let me know?

HK for our D&D, have been waiting to go there since I join this company long ago... for the pass company don't allow to take budget airline if we travel. This time boss say can so all go by budget airline. But hor don't envy me too fast, I have to pay for my return ticket as they dont allow us to do extension, so I have to buy my own tickets back and pay myself. My twins sis also joining me but she do her own booking that why I extended 1 more night.

Serene,

How did U BF for your #1? How long did U do it for #1? If your work place can't afford for you to pump guess you will have to stop at least 6mths but can't you pump using your lunch hour? JIA YOU for another 2 more months ba.

Serene and Jas: I'm ok on thurs too [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] yeah...let's have a little cake for Mummy Jas! SuperHappyMum and Winnie can take leave to join us? kekeke *ambitious*

Serene: relax and try your best! like Jas said, tahan at least 6mths ok? I can share mine with u if you dun mind.

Jas:At least ur coy pays for 1 way ticket. You traveling Tiger or Jetstar? I work for LCC(low cost carrier) airline, imagine airline also won't pay for a proper D&D! And forever last year bonus payout was always delayed until the next year Aug!

Another of my coll resigned, can't take the crap here. He doesn't even get pro-rated for bonus. This coy is like that, if u leave before the payout, u'll lose it.

Steph,

I will start work only on next monday. This Thursday is ok for me. Where do you want to meet ?

There are 7 photos that I want to post. Is it ok with you to help for 7 photos ?

Thanks for offering !

I also don't know why I cant do it this time. I used to be able to reduce photo size 2 years old. Getting old, I can't remember how i did it.

Kewl! ok this thurs then!

u bring them in a thumbdrive and I will bring my lappy. can do on the spot for u [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Serene:Somerset @313 again? ur call cos it's ur territory.

Jas/SuperHappyMum: Serene and I have met prior so it's easier for us to recognise. I give u my mobile #90909466. Easier to coordinate.[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

so happy and looking fwd[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Steph,

You mean meet at somerset at what time? Not raffles place ah? Hummm... I not on leave leh, don't think can go that far too. I can meet around 12.30 and have to go off like 1.40pm the most.

Jas: let's see if Serene can compromise a mid-pt between the both of u? since SuperHappyMum and me more flexi? What about Cityhall?

Steph,

Didn't know you want to meet Serene in the afternoon. I thot is evening time as some of us are working. Kind of hard to come out in afternoon. Have to leave the kids with maid alone. MIL went to Malaysia for vacation before I start work.

SuperHappyMum,

Bring them along since U not working.

Steph.

Serene replied liao. So fix meet up at City Hall 12.30pm at the shopping mall entrances above the MRT station near escalator there.

Hi Jas! got ur num [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

SuperHappyMum:Afternoon was becos mummies who are working might miss their LOs since they r at work for 8-10hours. I don't mind any time as long i got adv notice then i can coordinate things back home.

Jas/Serene: Evening how?

ok Jas + Serene [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] see ya thurs!

That's right SuperHappyMum, bring ur LO along [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Back