Bukit Batok/Bukit Gombak Mummies Club

hi Ladies, Happen to come across this thread...I'm' a mother of 3 staying beside Guilin View.
happy.gif

Welcome Vanessa,

I am at Guilin View, my boy will be registered into LianHua primary this July for P1 next year.
Any yours?

Hi mummies, I'm new here and mother of 2 (4 and 5 yrs old). Wow vanessa, mother of 3. How do u cope? v envious - 3 is a nice number to have.

Hi lim, have u visited lianhua primary - what is your opinion of the school?

if remember correctly ...
YMCA blk 225 - central, opp Pawn shop
Just kids - mkt ard blk 160
look up at mcys website

This is what I saw at Lianhua's open house : a true mirror of Singapore society. Where
the minority, foreigners (Koreans and Caucasians), some less privileged, a few more
privileged and the majority regular sons & daughters of HDB heartlanders are granted
with equally good environmental conditions. I like what I saw.

Lianhua is single session, Keming is double session.Both are neighbour school with big school compound.Keming's surrounding area has higher population density and Lianhua has a smaller catchment area. I have met students from both schools, can't tell any difference in presentation/behavior.

Hi everyone,

I'm a mother of 2 (3 years old & 7 months old) and will be moving into Guilin View at the end of the month.

I've been living overseas for the past 5 years and both my girls were born overseas as well so Singapore is very unfamiliar to me as a mother.

I've searched through the forum and have found a few activities for my 3 year old but would like to know where I can get swimming and dance lessons for her.

Cheers,

Catharine

Welcome back Catherine,

There are a few swimming instructors at Guilin View swimming pool. My boy started a few months ago with instructor Jimmy.

Hi Lim, so your child will be going to Lianhua? Didn't know it's single session school. There is no balloting required for Lianhua right?

hi Lim,
Mind to share how much is the swimming course fees and how long the duration? Currently which day and time is your son attending? TIA

Dear Jan,

Going to register during phase 2C at Lianhua, no worries as there are plenty of vacancies
in most Bt Batok pri schools this year.

Vacancies at Phase 2C - Pri Schs in Bukit Batok
BUKIT VIEW PRIMARY =150
DAZHONG PRIMARY =83
HONG KAH PRIMARY =129
KEMING PRIMARY =133
LIANHUA PRIMARY =134
PRINCESS ELIZABETH PRIMARY =100
ST. ANTHONY'S PRIMARY = 72

Dear No Worry Mum,

Swimming fees = $80 evey 4 session (1hour per session). Sunday 10.15 - 11.15 am.
I think it is on the high side, but it is very convenient, just jump downstairs.. joking ;)

Hi Lim, that's good to hear. But dpds on the number of applicants in phase 2C right? Do update how your child is when he (or she?) starts P1. My son is year 2002 so I'm still considering the choices.

Hi worrymum, nice to 'meet' here! This thread is so quiet when there are so many BB mummies around. I also forget...

Hi Lim, not high la. That's the mkt price for swimming lessons, I thought.

I guess you are right. But $20 here, $20 there, My boy is ttending a new ART class tomorrow also $20 per session.

Lianhua sure no problem. I am just puzzled when reading the registration statistics, why the hot pri schools have so many vacancies taken up during phase 1 ( only meant for those with siblings in that school). Maybe those with many children have more incentive to squeeze their first born into a hot school and then their siblings can get in during phase 1.

Hi, jan, ya..nice to 'meet' u here too.. Is Ur kids attending swimming?

Lim, thanks for your infor.. am looking for 1 now.. but dont know what is the market price.. hehe

Just to add, Jimmy start the kids with free style, it is much more difficult to pick up than frog style. This is one of the considerations.

Bye for the week, my work day end early on Fridays, going to pick my boy from YWCA. Talk to you all again next week.

lim,
is he fierce? hehe.. my son very timid.. seldom touch the pool. Wonder he can teach such a timid kid and from very beginners stage.. maybe will pop by this sun and see. TIA

wow.. so envy u.. can go home liao.. hahaha

Hi worrymum, yup - my kids have been attending swimming lessons since...less than 3 yrs old. As parents, we can only play water with the kids. You need the professionals to teach them the techniques, which I feel swimming is a basic survival skill and a good form of exercise.

Hi Lim, so nice to end early! I'm home today so got time to yak so much. hehhee
biggrin.gif
. Going to pick my kids soon too. We 'mummies at work'.. Have a good weekend!

Thanks for the swimming info. Kindermusik is a music and movement class. My dd loves dancing.

We'll be moving in to Guilin View on Tuesday and will enroll her with Grace House Kindergarten so I'm hoping to occupy her time with 2 or 3 more activities on alternate afternoons.

So far I'm thinking about the Baby Jumper Gym, swimming lessons and dancing if I can find it.

Is there a playgroup for babies in the area? I have a 7 month old and will need some additional social stimulation.

Hi Catharine,
I also have a 7mth+ old bb gar and is coming to 8mth liao. I'm living at gdview gdn area. where is Grace House Kindergarten ?

Hi Afcai,

You are not far from the kindergarten; its inside the Grace Assembly of God church, opposite the driving range.

Dear Don't Worry Mum,

Uncle Jimmy is very friendly, maybe too friendly, my joker boy have too much fun and learn too slowly.

Hi mummies,
Have 1 opened Nan 2 fm to give away. 3/4 fm still got 1 week before 1 mth. my bb has only consume 5-6 times only cos I'm still tbf. only give her when ebm not enough. interested, pls pm me with yr contact. collection at bt gombak mrt/gdview gdn/bt batok mrt (sat evening only)/tangjong pagar(wkdays)

Dear Catharine,

Saw movers at Blk 22 yesterday, guess that is your family just moving in. Are you here permanently or are you renting a unit? As FTWM, don't have chance to chitchat in the neighborhood, can only do so on-line.

Hi Lim,

There were 2 movers in on that day; I moved into blk 20 and we're renting at the moment. Thanks again for the swimming instructor, my dd started yesterday and I'll start having lessons next week as well.

Spending a lot of time tidying up the new place in between looking after 2 kids so its taking longer than usual. This is our first international move with children.

Trying to figure out where the shops are and who sells what. Will have to do a big shop at Geant tomorrow.

Dear Catharine,

Barely a year since my family moved here from Serangoon, could still feel the messy unpacking period. Happy settling
happy.gif

Ladies,

Anyone know of the name of student care service above Shop N Save at Bukit Gombak. Any feedback.

Hi Ladies, would gladly join you all in this thread. I'm SAHM with two boys, 2 and 4 living in Bukit Gombak.

Lim,
your boy in YWCA Blk 531? My elder boy is there too but has been withdrawn recently due to medical reasons. Hopefully he'll be fine by next yr to return to school in K1. He misses school and his teachers alot.

Hi Worrymum, Jan
Nice seeing you two here. *wink wink*

Dear Joanne,

Must say that YWCA teachers are really committed. My boy said that his English teacher has eyes behind her head, knows every naughty thing the children do.

Hi Lim

Your boy in K2? Is he under Mrs Ouyong? A pity they don't have part time. I left my boy there as I really love their education system. No TV, with computer lessons once every 2 weeks, daily outdoor activities and they provide speech and drama so kind of save alot on enrichment class.

Hi Jan

yeah.. Bukit Batok really big and after living for 7yrs here, still can't differentiate between East and West. Only know Bukit Gombak. If not for this forum, I'll never get to know you and worry mum who lives just across a street.

Hi everyone,

I am looking for anyone interested in an afternoon playgroup or play date for my 3 year old daughter. We live in Guilin View.

If there isn't one existing then I would be happy to start one if there is interest.

hi Catharine
u indicated international move so u arent local? I noticed there's a Little Gym around blk 156 market (can check the tel when I go market) might be of interest to you.

so many mummies from Gombak, Central also not bad cos got many playgroup. The CC here got Berries or something .... old already so memory no good.

Dear Joanne,
Mrs Ouyong teaches my boy Maths, a strict and caring teacher. One time, she feedback that my boy was drawing lots of fighting related pictures like swords, fighter jets.. very observant and we really appreciate her concern.

Bukit Gombak MRT will have a few new shops, I was hoping for a small NTUC but from the look of the shop size, I don't think so. There is really very few interesting shops here. Especially bad is the coffeeshop opposite Guilin View.

Back