Breastpumps

Akyr

Hi mummies do u buy breastpump after or before u deliver? Which brand of breastpumps is suitable for small breasts?

It is good to get before delivery, or at least identify a place, price, and model that you want. So that, when you want it, you can just drop by somewhere to get it, or get your husband to get it.

Ameda is a great pump. It is a very efficient double pump, so you can pump faster. It is not noisy, and can be battery operated as well. You can check out the prices, but it is much cheaper than Madela. Forget the manual or mini pumps cos they are not worth it in the long run.

Buy it before you deliver, roughly in third tri. The size is relevant to your nipple size, not related to the breast size. If you are not sure what size you should buy, go to a shop to get your nipple measured (e.g. Mums and Babes at Wheelock have a gauge to measure), if you find the products too expensive you don't have to buy there, but the key thing is to get yourself measured so you buy the right size.

I recommend Spectra or Cimilre, can buy from Qoo10. For efficiencies, buy a double electric breast pump.

Buy it before you deliver, roughly in third tri. The size is relevant to your nipple size, not related to the breast size. If you are not sure what size you should buy, go to a shop to get your nipple measured (e.g. Mums and Babes at Wheelock have a gauge to measure), if you find the products too expensive you don't have to buy there, but the key thing is to get yourself measured so you buy the right size.

I recommend Spectra or Cimilre, can buy from Qoo10. For efficiencies, buy a double electric breast pump.
Anywhere else can i get measured?

Back