Breastfeeding tips & advises- pls share

i breast feed my baby for 14 months and I'm a working mother.
You will not have enough supply in the first 2~3months, but it's ok and do not stress yourself. when baby cries, breast feed her first. if you doubt whether baby is full or not, can feed the baby milk powder AFTER breast feed.
the most important thing is to breast feed her first then some bottle feeding.

i breast feed my baby for 14 months and I'm a working mother.
You will not have enough supply in the first 2~3months, but it's ok and do not stress yourself. when baby cries, breast feed her first. if you doubt whether baby is full or not, can feed the baby milk powder AFTER breast feed.
the most important thing is to breast feed her first then some bottle feeding.
During the first mth we shld supplement with formula?n its ok?
I c now lik stage 1 is so limited choice only few brands n so damn ex compare to last time

i did supplement with formula only after breastfeeding. but actually my baby did not take much of the formula so i just poured in toilet. Cannot stand the smell...

Hi there! Congrats on your intention to breastfeed your baby!

It's helpful to read up as much as you can on how breastfeeding works. Kellymom.com is a very informative website. You might wanna start there.

After baby is born, request for skin to skin contact so that baby can guide himself to the breast for his first feed. Having a drug-free labour and birth will help baby be awake abs aware for his first breastfeed. Do google up on the breast crawl. Babies are intelligent and they are able to breastfeed from birth.

Surround yourself with people who are supportive of your decision to breastfeed. Your body will always produce enough as long as the breasts are stimulated often via direct latching.

Seek help as soon as you encounter any issues with breastfeeding. Get the support of the lactation consultant at the hospital you're birthing at.

A breastfeeding workshop or class can be helpful in your preparations too. Or watch a friend or relative breastfeed and that can motivate you to breastfeed too.

All the best!

Hi moms,

I am a first time mom. i had been exclusively breastfeeding my baby since she was born. I was thinking how to give breast milk to my baby in public places. I'm super uncomfortable of giving breast milk to my baby even I have the nursing cover.

Do I actually bring manual pump out then put in a bottle for my baby or...?

May I get some tips from moms who are experienced?

Hi Karen!

Good on you for exclusively breastfeeding your baby thus far! ;)

It might be helpful to practice breastfeeding with a cover at home in front of the mirror and see if you still find it uncomfortable. Some women need some practice before they are confident enough to breastfeed in public.

Some slings can be used to feed hands free in public and the longer tail end of the sling can also be used as a breastfeeding cover.

Most mums are thankful not to be hassled by pumping or bringing expressed breastmilk when they're out and about. Once they're confident enough, they won't even need to look for nursing rooms or use any covers.

Hope this article is helpful as well: http://www.analyticalarmadillo.co.uk/2011/04/tips-for-breastfeeding-in-public-if-you.html?m=1

:)

Hi...

I hv 2 kids and now full breastfeed my 4mths bby boy...my first child was successful bf i can say coz she bf till 22mths...

Basically 1-2mths you need to just let your bby latch most of the time to stimulate the milk...i dont deny its really tiring coz u can expect every 1-2hrs feeding but as i said basically for the first 1-2mths or even 3mths and after somehow your milk should be more...

Based on experience it also depend on your bby so you must so call study their behaviour...sometimes if they need to latch longer than recommended time then let it be coz when they are full they will just let go and go to deep sleep...

So ya do read up other tips on bf etc it helps...

Most Importantly dont easily give up and all the best... :);)

Hi moms,

I am a first time mom. i had been exclusively breastfeeding my baby since she was born. I was thinking how to give breast milk to my baby in public places. I'm super uncomfortable of giving breast milk to my baby even I have the nursing cover.

Do I actually bring manual pump out then put in a bottle for my baby or...?

May I get some tips from moms who are experienced?

You can use nursing cover, there are very fashionable nursing covers around :) it's a must have for bf mummies, super convenient. Let me know if u r looking for nursing cover, I've a spare one to let go at only $12 with postage.

Bf is a demand and supply thing, by nature every mum will have sufficient milk for bb, initially u will have v little milk, keep latching on, by week 6 the supply will be stabalized.

Do u supplement w formula the first few wks?
No, exclusive bf, the first milk or colostrum is highly nutritious and is enough for bb's bean size stomach, no need to supplement w formula, my mil wanted to supplement formula but my hubby and I insisted to let the bb latch on as often as possible, by 4th day I have more milk. Drink more green papaya fish soup :)

By supplementing w formula, less demand for bf, may lead to less supply. I attended thomson medical mrs wong's lessons, she said colostrum is v precious and enough for bb, no need to supplement w formula.

Remember to have skin to skin contact w bb immediately after delivery

Hi .. i wanna learn more abt breastfeed bb. Since i have 4 kids already ,my bf not at all successfull due to all delivery thru cesarian .

Hi .. i wanna learn more abt breastfeed bb. Since i have 4 kids already ,my bf not at all successfull due to all delivery thru cesarian .

Hi there... It's still possible to breastfeed even after a c-section. It's important to request for skin-to-skin contact as soon as possible after surgery and this will encourage baby to latch on within the first magical hour after birth. After which, request for baby to room in with mum so that mum can breastfeed baby on demand to establish a good supply. Seek the help of a lactation consultant while in hospital to check on latch.

Hi there... It's still possible to breastfeed even after a c-section. It's important to request for skin-to-skin contact as soon as possible after surgery and this will encourage baby to latch on within the first magical hour after birth. After which, request for baby to room in with mum so that mum can breastfeed baby on demand to establish a good supply. Seek the help of a lactation consultant while in hospital to check on latch.
Thanks for yr advise.. i have gone thru 3 c-sect and my past exp after baby was delivered . Show to mummy ,no skin to skin contact . after opt complete i was pushed to recovery room not sure how long been there . So i guess abt 45 min . More than 1 hr gone ,then able to c bb in ward . The time pass .. maybe bb already hungry perhaps . Anyway looking forward for my 4 th c-sect soon. Hope the immediate bf can take action fast .

Thanks for yr advise.. i have gone thru 3 c-sect and my past exp after baby was delivered . Show to mummy ,no skin to skin contact . after opt complete i was pushed to recovery room not sure how long been there . So i guess abt 45 min . More than 1 hr gone ,then able to c bb in ward . The time pass .. maybe bb already hungry perhaps . Anyway looking forward for my 4 th c-sect soon. Hope the immediate bf can take action fast .

It would be really helpful to write down all these requests in your birth plan. More and more hospitals in Sg are working towards being accredited for the baby friendly hospital initiative so these requests are part of the requirements they have to meet for that accreditation... All the best!

Hi any mummy having difficulty to breastfeed due to low production ? Is it due to generic or the food intake we have after give birth ?

Hi any mummy having difficulty to breastfeed due to low production ? Is it due to generic or the food intake we have after give birth ?

the best pump to encourage more milk flow is to put ur baby on when ever he/she wants to feed ..dont be obsessed about looking at e clock when feeding bb .. using those electric pump is NEVER good enough .
ALWAYS Hydrate yourself .. don't wait till you're thirsty to drink .....green papaya fish soups is good bfing moms.
Keep trying .. dont give up on BFing.. .. this is the best you can provide for your darling bb.

Good luck.

Tips for boosting milk supply that I found very helpful:

Nurse often, and without limits or schedules.

While nursing, try breast compressions to help increase milk flow when it dwindles, keep your baby nursing longer, and stimulate more letdowns.

Nurse at night, throughout the night (we cosleep)

Pumping in addition to nursing can help jump-start or maintain your supply, it is ideal to pump for 2-5 minutes after the last drop of milk comes out

Back