Breast Pump Recommendations?

larrivee

Any recommendations for breast pumps?

I was looking at the Medela due to its popularity but realized that Spectra is also a very popular brand.

I'm also looking at dual Breast pump .I know medela freestyle can go hands free but other dual pump tat can't do hands free ,how to pump with both hands ?

I am selling Medela freestyle dual pump with all those free gifts at $400. No more warranty. Battery and parts are all new. Only use few times and end up didn't use. Pm me if u keen.

I'm also looking at dual Breast pump .I know medela freestyle can go hands free but other dual pump tat can't do hands free ,how to pump with both hands ?

Not necessarily must buy Medela only can pump hands free.
You can get the brand call simple wish hands free bra or use a old nursing bra to hold the bottle make ur hands free as well. Spectra pump is popular now . It's more economic than Medela and also much more gentle. Try google n read the review .

Spectra is a good choice if you are on budget. It work equally well as Medela. If you buy Spectra, the hospital grade is more effective in expressing milk in suction wise.

I'm on spectra S9 n I think it's a very good pump. Medela too expensive. Unless u are using it for at least 1 yr then I think it's worth it. If u think u will stop breastfeeding by 6 mths, can buy spectra

I have s1 and 9plus. S1 is bulky but strong suction and good for exclusive pumping. 9plus is gentle suction and very light. Good to bring along.

Hi looking for breast pump too. Bought Madela before but its suction get weaker after few months. Anyone using Spectra 2 cuz i might get one at the Expo end of this month.
Thanks.

Hi looking for breast pump too. Bought Madela before but its suction get weaker after few months. Anyone using Spectra 2 cuz i might get one at the Expo end of this month.
Thanks.

S2 is same as s1 just that s2 no built in battery s1 have. I heart my s1 as its suction gentle n powerful :)

So is the stronger the better ? Or to judge by boobs size ?

Not judge by boobs size, of cos if the pump can be adjusted the suction to suit your need is better. cause different ppl react to different suction strength. some ppl prefer stronger suction, some prefer gentle and lower suction. so far lots mummy use spectra without much complaint.

different model is for different usage, has it pro n con. if you pump very frequent best is get a hospital grade pump.
S9+ and M1 is not for heavy usage , but it very portable when you occasional need bring out for pumping or use in office etc.

you read here for some of the pro n cons and google more before you decide which to buy.

http://livingwithlowmilksupply.com/spectra-m1-breast-pump-reviews
http://livingwithlowmilksupply.com/spectra-breast-pump-reviews

Not judge by boobs size, of cos if the pump can be adjusted the suction to suit your need is better. cause different ppl react to different suction strength. some ppl prefer stronger suction, some prefer gentle and lower suction. so far lots mummy use spectra without much complaint.

different model is for different usage, has it pro n con. if you pump very frequent best is get a hospital grade pump.
S9+ and M1 is not for heavy usage , but it very portable when you occasional need bring out for pumping or use in office etc.

you read here for some of the pro n cons and google more before you decide which to buy.

http://livingwithlowmilksupply.com/spectra-m1-breast-pump-reviews
http://livingwithlowmilksupply.com/spectra-breast-pump-reviews
Thanks you for the advice .i will read up .As worried to buy and find its not suitable

i
Where to get spectra in cheaper price ? I'm considering S1
think the price more or less is the same, just sometime promo they throw some of freebie eg: cooler bag, ice pack etc.
can try look out when baby fair or the mothercare sales they give more free stuff as bundle sales.

Any recommendations for breast pumps?

I was looking at the Medela due to its popularity but realized that Spectra is also a very popular brand.

hello mummy,

I am using Philip brand breast pump. Nothing to rave about it and also nothing to complain against it too. We bought it during those baby fair when they dish out quite decent amount of discount.

Cheers

I have a brand new Unimom Forte (hosp grade) to sell.. too bulky for me to bring to work.. anyone interested?

Brand New Unopen Medela Freestyle Breast Pump Bundle 2016 with Sterilizer and complete set selling at SGD700. Purchase date 27 Aug 2016, with receipt.
medela-freestyle-2016-bundle.html
151313.jpg

Spectra pump (hospital grade) is a good option. cheaper than medela.
Both Medela and Spectra (hospital grade) suction is equally good, just that the latter is bulky.

Hi everyone,

I would like to share with you our very bad experience with Medela customer care in Singapore and in Switzerland.

After reading all the reviews online, we decided on a Medela Freestyle pump. We thought that a premium product should give us peace of mind in respect to quality and reliability. We bought our pump on a holiday in Europe last year.

The product was made in Switzerland (same as models sold in Singapore) and there is a 2 years European warranty, however only 1 year international. We used the pump twice a day for about 15-20min. Unfortunately, our pump stopped working after 8 months.

We learned the following:
- Medela customer care centre in Singapore doesn't repair any defective pumps. They are replaced one-for-one... provided you purchased it in Singapore.
- The international warranty offers a one-for-one replacement... provided you pay S$268 ($50 admin fee, $50 diagnostic fee, $150 part replacement, GST).
- The battery is not covered by the warranty and cost another S$169.

The fact that we are being forced to pay a considerable replacement cost (60% of a new set price that includes accessories!) is not the right way of providing a warranty.

Since, our pump broke down over the weekend, we had to scramble to buy a 2nd-hand Medela pump and then pay another S$437 for the supposed warranty. For this amount of money spent, we could have bought 3 pumps from another European or Korean brands.

I am still awaiting any further comments to my email addressed to Medela customer care Switzerland and Singapore. Needless to say that our experience with Medela has left us very disappointed and we feel it is important that other potential customers should be made aware of these issues.

Good luck and all the best!

On d contrary, I used my medela free style 4 2 yrs. In d end, it was d battery dat worn off... but den it was also time 4 me 2 wean my gal off.... so turn out quite well 4 me.

It's really must see heng suay. I got many friends also can use up to two kids without any issue. That's why I decided to invest on it since got so many good reviews but just unlucky lo .. got a bad one out of so many good one

I used Unimom Allegro. Bought extra flange set to make it a dual pump.
Gotta say it served me well during my breastfeeding journey. The size is smaller and more compact than Unimom Forte and strength of suction is quite strong. Only downside is getting spare parts is not that easy, unlike Spectra or Medele. Kiddy Palace and Mothercare do carry unimom spare parts, but not a lot of stock. So you may need to buy from Qoo10, Kulily or Pupsik.
Price wise it is pretty economical and it's also a Korean brand I believe.
To pump hands-free, I used breastfeeding kit (attached pic) bought online from Lazada (company selling it is Mumfairy).
Capture.JPG

Back