Breast Feeding

Michelle: nice meeting you. How come you are so thin? u arent eating well? Do you mind telling us what happen to your hubby?

hi carole
my husband last year commit succide he jump rite down in front of us when i 6 month pregent at that time i really dun know wat to do when he jus pass away i got think of commit succide so my parent suggest i go n see doctor as that time i still pregent i cant take any anti dpression medicine so i need to see my doctor every week until i give birth my husband own a lot of debt outside he own loan shark own hdb loan own pub ouw town concuil own a lot of car summons n child school fee own hospital bill i also dun know wat to say about him but after all he still a gd father n a gd husband we all miss him a lot although he pass away 1 year we will alway remembr him so after i give birth my doctor my start me on anti drpession medicine when my baby turn 1 month on that i nearly throw her down where my husband jump luckily i was stop by my family member so they call my doctor n my doctor admit me to sgh for 2 week last time i nt so thin wan if i nt wrong i weight about 40kg but since my hubby pass away my weight drop to 32kg only the new even got come out in newpaper carole i really very greatful for your help

hi carole
thank for your help as my kids are already in primary school my 2nd child nw in childcare i really very greatful to for your help

michelle: stay strong! ur kids need you and ur love, dun give up on urself. there is always a miracle.

hi carole
i also hope i can stay strong but with all the stress that the kids have given plus the stress that my mum have given me i also dun know hw long i can last the house at chinatown is my mum house and she keep asking me to move back to my own house

michelle: are u afraid of going home becos its the plc where u wintess the death of your hubby? sad to recall those episodes on that DAY? Dear girl, dun be afraid. When you are afraid, your children will know, they will feel it too. You have already come so far in giving birth to your little girl and when through the medications too, moving on is not going to be a big problem at all. All you need is people ard you to encourage you and yourself to pick up those pieces and move on.

Do you wan to share with us what stress your mum is giving you? i bet your mum is worried abt you too, but space is limited at your mum's plc with your 3 kids, maid and yourself. maybe thats her concern.

We cant be in your shoes to understand how much u went through, but at least we are here to encourage you and be with you virtually and emotionally. Take a step at each time. let us know what we can do to help u.
happy.gif
I have gotten 2 more friends to donate EBM to your little girl. Have you tried the goat's milk? maybe u try to ask PD for help.

Michelle, how young are you?

hi carole
actually my hubby commit sucide at my mum place. my mum keep saying she spend a lot on me n the 3 kids n i got no money to give her my dad suffering from dibatic sorry dun know hw to spell n my mum also got leg pain n a lot of sickness n she is the only wan that is working to support the family that why she alway nagging at me. my 2nd son is suffering from asthma too every 3 month he need to go back kkh to check up .this year i turning 28 already

thank carole
u dun even know me but yet u can understand me care for me concern about me n my kids but my own mother dun understand me at all.i really glad that still got people care for me dun worry i will be strong.no matter wat i still have my 3 kids

Hi michelle,

saw yr story, sorry to heard abt that...I hope u will stay strong for the sake of yr 3 children. They need u.

I am sorry that i cannot help u on the breastmilk cause my supply is low too & my friends are not married or breastfeeding...

From yr girl situation, she maybe lactose intolerant or she is allergic to the proteins found in cow's milk. I think is best to get a PD to assist in thinking a long term solution...

U can always come in here if u are unhappy & talk to us, just don keep all yr sorrows to yourself.. will make yr situation now worse...

stay cheerful....

Michelle: pls dun mention, we are here for your children and you. I might nt be able to help you financially, but i do wish to do something for you. Do you think looking for a job will solve some income problem? Mum is nagging maybe she wants you to be financially independent, as she wont to see you to be depress and stress forever. She might want you to get a job and slowly forget wat had happen mths back. It takes time to erase bad memories, i bet she has your welfare in her heart thats y she wanna you to go home.

2nd boy needs medical attention, so $ comes into the picture. maybe i would suggest you to get a part time job first, and till things are moving slowly, then you find a full time job. at least the money part will lessen your mum's and your burden too. Dun get me wrong, i am nt pushing you to work and leave your kids at home, but i am just worried your finance part.

hi galleria
thank for your advice n concern at least nw i know if i wan to find people to talk to i can come here to talk to u all for my bb i tried bring her go and see doctor but the outcome still the same sometime she can even vomit until need to admit to kkh n in the end she need to be on drip i really dun know wat to do

hi carole
thank for advice i also wish to look for a job but i jus cant find.i went for a lot of interview but all of them ask me to wait for call but in the end they never call me

michelle
sorry to hear about what happen to u... i understand how difficult it is to support 3 kids as i hv 3 kids as well..... maybe like wat carole say u can try find part time job like maybe tuition or retail line... tt way it can keep u occupy n help u financially a bit..... for ebm i hv to calculate first then let you know coz both my younger kids as taking it.... so sorrie.... as u mention u hv a hse maybe u can consider renting it out forextra income?

very sorrie i do not really know ur situations but i juz wan to offer some suggestions hope u dun take offence

hi sheris
thank for your advice as for the house i still waiting for legal aid to settle the case.cause that house is nt under my name so i cant do anything to the house at the movement.but once everything is settle i will rent it out for extra income dun worry i wont be offence in fact i greatful for your concern n advice thank a lot

Michelle
Terribly sorry to hear your story in depth. I agree wif Carole on the part of your mum's nagging. Dun treat it as a pressure. It adds on to your depression

What did u feed your bb for the last 6 mths since u didn't breastfeed fm day 1?

Do u bring your son wif asthma for swim? Heard that it helps. U confirm with Dr on this

Juz a suggestion, perhaps u like to put up your case in the papers. There is a case of a 24yr old guy. All his family members passed away within 6 mths. He stopped studying @ sec 2 to take care of his then sick mother. He can't get a job n no friends to rely on since he stayed @ home all along to take care of his mum. Donation pours in n co offered him job n willing to provide for his education

Pls dun think that I am unwilling to help. The public here is not very large n strength is weak. We try to help but it's that much that we can do

hi sook
for the past 6 month my sis my sis have been giving me her bm but since she give bith to her 2nd child she stop giving me already cause her suply nt that much also.so she suggest me to find help here.

after he pass away few day my case got come out in the newpaper before n i got some donation coming in around 6k but i have use it on my confinment thank a lot for your concern i really very greatful to all of u

michelle: can i ask if u mind doing housekeeping? if u dun mind, u can make a living with tt too. at least that is part time too, can spend time with kids after housekeeping.
happy.gif

michelle: where can u travel to? u know abt those Part time House cleaner? do u mind such jobs? their job is vacuum flr, mop flr, wash toilets. do u mind doing all there? its abt $10 per hr, min 3 hours. at least u will pick abt $25, after minus the transport etc.

i know its bad to introduce you such jobs, but its quicker money.

do you need M size diapers? if you need, i can pass you a new packet and a opened packet (i think i took 3 to try only).

Hi michelle,

when u bring yr gal to KKH, they never say why yr gal will vomit until like??? Maybe u can look out for part time jobs, at least can bring in some extra money then maybe yr mum will not nag at u & u got something to support on..time will pass faster....are u good in computer??? my company had engaged temp staff, if u don mind, i can help u ask my HR, is a normal office hr job...

hi galleria
thank for your help i quite gd in computer u help me ask can?u can call me to let me know the outcome thank my hp num is 93668423 thank a lot

hi michelle, since ur bb is already 6mths old, u can try feeding her with porridge...u try feeding her porridge before?

sorry i cant help u, cos my milk supply also low ever since i start gg back to work...

michelle, i have some frozen ebm that i could pass to you. not sure if you wan cos they are abt 2 mths liao...anyway i will sms you

Michelle
My friend is back fm BKK. She has 10 bottles of ebm to donate. I think it's 2 mth old. Do u want?

Hi Michelle. I'm june. passed u the EMB today. Hmmm i'm kinda worried cos u didnt query me abt the EBM. anyway for yr info, my bb is 5 mths old. so the milk quality shld b jus rite for yr 6 mth bb. Btw how much yr bb drinks per feeding? Thot i'll freeze it in the suitable amt.

At 6 mths old, best to gv milk, cereals/ porridge shld only be introduce during 1 meal and cannot be used to replace milk totally.

Since yr bb is allergic to formulae milk. Can try the Heinz cereals. Cos its milk & sugar free..

Michelle,
Just wondering if u hv enough milk for ur bb so far. been thinking abt u n ur bb since i met u few weeks ago.

Hi Michelle,
You still need frozen EBM? I have some if you dun mind. I bought a freezer jus to store the milk so the milk can keep for up to 6months. I need to dispose some as I seldom use them since my son drinks those in the fridge.

Feel free to let me know.

Hi Michelle,

Do u still need EBM cause I pump 1 bottle every morning but my ger doesnt take it cause she rejects bottle in the end, it ends up in my own tea. If u dun mind, I can start keep them for u until my ger starts solid. My ger is now 4.5mths, think ur son should be able to drink them. I live in Yishun, where do u stay? But I dun have cooler bags and milk storage bags cause I nvr bring BM out b4, u have? I only have those glass bottles of 60ml (chicken essence one) and 2 90ml from hospitals. Can PM me?

BTW mommies, mind if i ask, where to get cheapest milk storage bags?

Michelle is having dengue fever. maybe that's why she didn't come online. Maybe u can sms her to inform her that u hv bm for her.

Michelle (lingling82)
U can try to get DR milk bags from BMSG.

shook, my gal is 15mths... and I've FEBM since late Dec... do you think it's unsuitable for Michelle's baby? Maybe if she mix 1 feed older baby per day the effect will not be so bad?

Hi Michelle(lingling82),
You can try to use Avent milk bags for storage.

I used that for both my kids and it works well.
My boy is only 2mths old so I am still using it.

Hi YL,

I hope Michelle is better, I will contact her now as I have aout 20 pkts of frozen EBM to give her. My boy is 2mths old. More to give away in future since my boy does not take that much now.

hi jen
is ok as long is bm i dun mind taking thank a lot for your help hw do i collect from u u can sms me at 93668423 ok thank

Back