Blocked Tube--Trying to conceive....

KW_

Hi ladies...

This year marked the 5th year of our marriage...still trying to conceive.
Did HSG(in 2013)...and found i have blocked left fallopian tube.
Went through IUI once under private hospital..Result=NEGATIVE. ;(
Went though 3 cycles of IVF at KKH of which it was Negative for the first 2 cycles but got a POSITIVE for the 3rd cycle...However...sadly miscarriaged 2mths into the pregnancy...

I am now scheduled to do a Laparoscopy surgery to unblock the blocked tube.
After which(if surgery is successful), we plan to try again to conceive naturally.

Any of you ladies has blocked tubes and went for Laparoscopy surgery and got pregnant(naturally) after that?

Hi kw, I'm sorry for your loss.. its something I wish no one has to experience.

I was told I had both blocked tubes post surgery in 2011 to remove ovarian cysts. I still remember how devastated I was when the doc told me. After recovery the doc told me he suspected it is blocked by endometriosis and does not recommend surgery as it has a high risk of scarring which will make the blockage worse. I took visanne under hid advice for 3 months to stop my periods and shrink the endometrial lining.
At the same time, i took tcm and did acupuncture. After 3m, the hsg showed the tubes were unblocked. I got pregnant naturally 10 months later. I never thought I could ever have a child without art, but I did and he is my miracle baby.

Thereafter i continued taking tcm during periods only to prevent backflow which may block the tubes again.

Perhaps you can get a second medical opinion on whether surgery will work, as I think it still depends on the suspected reason for blocked tubes.

Hi kw, I'm sorry for your loss.. its something I wish no one has to experience.

I was told I had both blocked tubes post surgery in 2011 to remove ovarian cysts. I still remember how devastated I was when the doc told me. After recovery the doc told me he suspected it is blocked by endometriosis and does not recommend surgery as it has a high risk of scarring which will make the blockage worse. I took visanne under hid advice for 3 months to stop my periods and shrink the endometrial lining.
At the same time, i took tcm and did acupuncture. After 3m, the hsg showed the tubes were unblocked. I got pregnant naturally 10 months later. I never thought I could ever have a child without art, but I did and he is my miracle baby.

Thereafter i continued taking tcm during periods only to prevent backflow which may block the tubes again.

Perhaps you can get a second medical opinion on whether surgery will work, as I think it still depends on the suspected reason for blocked tubes.

Hi @2angels2016

Thank you for sharing your experiences...And HEY! Congrats on ur miracle baby!...
I am actually scheduled for the Laporascopy surgery on this coming 3rdApr'17....
It took me many many months before i decided to go for the surgery...but still worry bout having the risk of scarring...The reason why i finally decided on d surgery was that i had unsuccessful IUI & IVF..and after going tru all those mind torturing of drugs being injected to the body(IVF)....I thought that this surgery will increase the chances of conceiving naturally...This journey of TTC is so exhausting..... I am still unsure of the reason to the left blocked tube...Where did you do ur TCM? Was it painful?

Hi KW,
Thanks!
I can understand how you feel.. hope the surgery goes well!
I admire your courage for art. I considered ivf for a while already since I have been ttc no 2 since 2014, but don't have the courage to proceed. The ttc journey is tough, sometimes I wonder why many people seem to have it so easy!

I go to Dr Zou in amk for tcm. Strangely I didn't find acupuncture painful last time, but now I think its slightly uncomfortable. I kind of still believe acu helps to improve fertility so perhaps you can consider after you recover from the op.

Back