Birth Control pills

Hi there.. i have been using Yasmin since early last yr n so far no problem. good complexion, very regular menses, no menstrual cramps... I've been getting my supplies from KL since I m residing there n currently back in Singapore fr school holidays. Due to unforseen circumstances, Im not able to be back in KL this wkend n i need to take my yasmin again this coming monday(i shud have gotten my supply b4 coming back which i forget to do so). any idea if i can get it here from over the counter pharmacy??

Hi there, started on my Yaz BCP last Aug and up to today, no side effects, skin clear, period light. All's well. anyone else is taking Yaz here? Where do you get your pills from? =)

I am on Diane35 for 3weeks now and suffered from terrible side effect. I lost weight and extreme tiredness. I can fall asleep easily...mood swing is horrible and headache. I called my Gynae and told her I am off the pill!

Other than oversea, where to get cheap bcp in singapore? Cos over the gp countet buy is still pretty ex.

I was on yasmin previously. I hv sensitive gastric meaning I can't take certain medicine or even food cos it will make me bloated n puke. But this yasmin is gentle on my gastric. I hv no problem taking it. And I think I loss a bit of weight while taking it. But after 4 mth I stop. Cos I read from other forum that it is best to stop all bcp 1 yr before u wan to try another baby. So I quickly stop to prepare my 2nd one. But aftet my 2nd one I cfm gg bk to yasmin. Its good.

Yasmin have 3 gen, per my gynae. He say 1st 2 gen is not very gd. This 3rd gen however is highly recommended as it can prevent cervix cancer too...

I query abt the patches type too... the gynae laugh a bit cos he say in sg hot weather having a patch on ur backside feel irritating.. ask me dun tk patch, tk yasmin...

Pretty ex $32/box

Just stumbled across this post and would like to share what I have experienced. We decided not to use condoms anymore and go for something more reliable and easier. I tried using the patch for 2 months. I suffered breast tenderness, cramps and engorged nipples. The patch was not really uncomfortable, I just put it on my butt cheek. But it does leave an ugly sticky residue.

Now I am using NuvaRing for 6 months and I like it alot. It has a much lower dose of estrogen as it is localized. Just like the patch, but its a vaginal ring that is inserted into the vagina. I did not experience any breast tenderness, cramps or engorged nipples. Hope this helps!

http://www.nuvaring.com

Yasmin is not a very good pill. I suggest you consult doc first because birth control pill will prone to have blood clot. for my case I consult a doc and took Yasmin end up gena DVT. of cos I must say different people different result.

Yasmin is not a very good pill. I suggest you consult doc first because birth control pill will prone to have blood clot. for my case I consult a doc and took Yasmin end up gena DVT. of cos I must say different people different result.

Hi, can you explain a bit more what is gena DVT? I am interested because I am also using the same pill.
Thanks.

Would be worried about side effects about taking these pills, especially longer term repercussions in the future. Is it the same for those morning after pills as well? Does anyone know? Can share?

Would be worried about side effects about taking these pills, especially longer term repercussions in the future. Is it the same for those morning after pills as well? Does anyone know? Can share?

I had been taking Yasmin for about 4 yrs + and was off the pill early last year.

For me, there were no major negative side effects except that it took slightly more than 6 months for my menses to be back to regular. However the postive effect of the pill is that it reduced water retention off my body and i lost some weight.
Do take note that the side effects are different for individuals.

sorry, I missed out your conversation with me puffy fish, I was traveling and had limited access to wifi. Damn, what did you do after that to resolve the problem?

Birth control pills are not good for our health. You should not depend on birth control pill, many doctor do not courage female for taking birth control pills therefore we are not able to buy any birth control pills in pharmacy store except doc prescription.

Birth control pills are not good for our health. You should not depend on birth control pill, many doctor do not courage female for taking birth control pills therefore we are not able to buy any birth control pills in pharmacy store except doc prescription.
I heard those pills can cause cancer. Any idea if this is true?

Dun peddle licenced drugs this way. You may harm someone.

Abstain or use condom better for the body no?

sometimes it's not about abstaining or using a condom. i take Yasmin too and not for the sake of not wanting to get pregnant but I have to take because I’m suffering from PCOS and have very irregular period. I need BCP to regulate my period or else the gynae told me that if you don’t get your period regularly, your cervix lining might thicken too much and will have a risk of getting cervical cancer.

But then again, yesterday was my last pill after taking for 1 year+. Have decided to start trying for kids since my chances are already low to begin with due to PCOS… cannot delay further already hahaa. My period has been very regular but of course with all such pills, there will be side effects like hair loss, disappearing sex drive etc.

sometimes it's not about abstaining or using a condom. i take Yasmin too and not for the sake of not wanting to get pregnant but I have to take because I’m suffering from PCOS and have very irregular period. I need BCP to regulate my period or else the gynae told me that if you don’t get your period regularly, your cervix lining might thicken too much and will have a risk of getting cervical cancer.

But then again, yesterday was my last pill after taking for 1 year+. Have decided to start trying for kids since my chances are already low to begin with due to PCOS… cannot delay further already hahaa. My period has been very regular but of course with all such pills, there will be side effects like hair loss, disappearing sex drive etc.

I understand and I just want to alert those more innocent ones that there are many fake medicines out there.

Get them from a proper source and make sure there is a receipt and company to the sales. Should something bad happen. At least can seem legal recourse.

If anyone buys from small companies or individuals, if anything happens, there is zero recourse.

I would check expiry date, production date, batch number on the pill packaging (not just the box) and of course trust the seller to be safe.

In China, their copy products are very convincing.

No leh. I was on Yasmin and I do sometimes stop for a month or two... Not much difference I think. What happened to you?

2 weeks after i stopped i had dizziness, nausea and headaches. Then after that the weight gain came in. Its been a month since i stopped and my stomach has been bloated since then as well. Its popping out and rounded. Ppl around me are asking either if im pregnant or how could i grow so fat zzz

The pill has different effects on different people. Some friends had found it extremely effective to deal with their heavy and painful menses and unexpected timing. Others had found it useful for regulating mood swings. However, for me, I tried it for the first reason... in fact, it gave me dizziness, nausea, and it made me hungry all the time!! I ended up eating supper everyday! At some point I would probably consult my doc again and try it again for the first reason, but perhaps I shall try the TCM method first. Some people had been on it for 20 years and it is okay. The pill is said to increase the possibility of one cancer, but reduce the possibility of another. Breast and cervical. Forgot which is which. Also, some people suffer life threatening side effects - so must always be prescribed by a doc and reviewed periodically - in between, filling up from Bangkok is okay, I suppose!

2 weeks after i stopped i had dizziness, nausea and headaches. Then after that the weight gain came in. Its been a month since i stopped and my stomach has been bloated since then as well. Its popping out and rounded. Ppl around me are asking either if im pregnant or how could i grow so fat zzz

You had your 1st period after stopping the pills?

I took the pills for years, and my period only regulate about 1 year after stopping.

I've been on Meliane for past 12 yrs - for very heavy and irregular menses, got first few boxes from gynae and subsequently from Malaysia.
was told that Meliane has lesser side effects, but not so protected against pregnancy.

i'm 40 this year, read that I shd stop at 50 to know if I've reached menopause..

may I know ard what age most of you stop taking the pill to know if reached menopause?

You had your 1st period after stopping the pills?

I took the pills for years, and my period only regulate about 1 year after stopping.

Yeap! Had my period and just ended 2 days back. I expected it to come later as my cycle before taking the pill was around 40 days.. But this time round its 30 days.

Then again, this is only the first period since i came off the pill... So cant really determine much

my colleague asked me to help her check when i was on business trips. so, i checked in both thailand & msia.. it is cheaper. just get them from pharmacy with a resident pharmacist.. dont need doctor prescription.

I had severe breakouts around the chin area after I stopped taking Yasmin to conceive bb no.2, I didn't have acne problems before taking it 4 years ago, it has been almost 1.5 years after stopping Yasmin and my skin is still bad. Bad experience for me. But it's not the same for everyone. Any other recommendations for birth control pills that will not break you out after stopping? I will resume back to taking birth control pills after I deliver bb no.2

I had been taking Yasmin for about 4 yrs + and was off the pill early last year.

For me, there were no major negative side effects except that it took slightly more than 6 months for my menses to be back to regular. However the postive effect of the pill is that it reduced water retention off my body and i lost some weight.
Do take note that the side effects are different for individuals.

Hi babe, did you get preggy after that? I just stopped Yasmine in Nov and I am missing my period until now.....

Hi babe, did you get preggy after that? I just stopped Yasmine in Nov and I am missing my period until now.....

Not the poster you quoted but from my own experience, i got pregnant 3 months after i stopped yasmin. It did change my period schedule a little (since yasmin was to regulate our period but mine is irregular to begin with) but i supplemented it with vitamins and folic acid prior to stopping yasmin.

Not the poster you quoted but from my own experience, i got pregnant 3 months after i stopped yasmin. It did change my period schedule a little (since yasmin was to regulate our period but mine is irregular to begin with) but i supplemented it with vitamins and folic acid prior to stopping yasmin.

Thanks for the reply, babe. How long did you get your first period back? It is 40 days now since the start of my last withdrawal bleed from the last pack of yasmine..... Pretty much annoying when you experience fake pregnancy symptoms due to coming off the pill (i.e. sore breasts, back ache etc).

Thanks for the reply, babe. How long did you get your first period back? It is 40 days now since the start of my last withdrawal bleed from the last pack of yasmine..... Pretty much annoying when you experience fake pregnancy symptoms due to coming off the pill (i.e. sore breasts, back ache etc).

problem is i dont really know how to differentiate withdrawal bleeding or normal period. here's my data-

20 Feb 2016 - 26 Feb 2016 ~ 29 days cycle (last month on yasmin)
23 Mar 2016 - 29 Mar 2016 ~ 32 days cycle
2 May 2016 - 8 May 2016 ~ 40 days cycle

June 2016 no more period because i got pregnant.

actually one of the reason i stopped Yasmin was because i read alot of horror stories of some women saying that their period didnt come back for months. so i was quite afraid as i intend to conceive soon.. so i faster stopped.

problem is i dont really know how to differentiate withdrawal bleeding or normal period. here's my data-

20 Feb 2016 - 26 Feb 2016 ~ 29 days cycle (last month on yasmin)
23 Mar 2016 - 29 Mar 2016 ~ 32 days cycle
2 May 2016 - 8 May 2016 ~ 40 days cycle

June 2016 no more period because i got pregnant.

actually one of the reason i stopped Yasmin was because i read alot of horror stories of some women saying that their period didnt come back for months. so i was quite afraid as i intend to conceive soon.. so i faster stopped.

Hmmm i think withdrawal bleeding shld be feb? (i.e. when u bleed after u finished yr last yasmine pack - i think ppl called that withdrawal bleeding cause it is not a "real" period). How long were u on Yasmine for? I was on it for like 2 years plus? I took a break last year and the period did come back like after a month or so. This time I am totally clueless... Sigh. Abit worried now as am ttc...

Hmmm i think withdrawal bleeding shld be feb? (i.e. when u bleed after u finished yr last yasmine pack - i think ppl called that withdrawal bleeding cause it is not a "real" period). How long were u on Yasmine for? I was on it for like 2 years plus? I took a break last year and the period did come back like after a month or so. This time I am totally clueless... Sigh. Abit worried now as am ttc...

oh nonono the feb cycle i was still on yasmin. March was the first cycle without yasmin cause i stopped the BCP after my menses in feb.
i was on yasmin for 1 year or so... decided to stop cause my hubs and i ttc-ing. initially wanted to delay a little longer.. but after reading online i immediately stop.

dont worry - if still didnt come for a few weeks/months, might wanna check in with your gynae?

oh nonono the feb cycle i was still on yasmin. March was the first cycle without yasmin cause i stopped the BCP after my menses in feb.
i was on yasmin for 1 year or so... decided to stop cause my hubs and i ttc-ing. initially wanted to delay a little longer.. but after reading online i immediately stop.

dont worry - if still didnt come for a few weeks/months, might wanna check in with your gynae?

Oic... ya cause it didnt take long the last time i took a break so i presume shld be ok and continue for another year... sure, thanks so much for your reply, babe! Btw did u experience any discomfort when coming off the pill? My breasts have been kinda sore lately...

And of course, congrats! Happy for u! :)))

Oic... ya cause it didnt take long the last time i took a break so i presume shld be ok and continue for another year... sure, thanks so much for your reply, babe! Btw did u experience any discomfort when coming off the pill? My breasts have been kinda sore lately...

And of course, congrats! Happy for u! :)))

hahaha if u scroll further up u could see my posts back in March 2016 when i was complaining on how crappy i felt when i got off the Pill. i guess its just the hormones trying to regulate to work on its own since for ur case, the past 2 years all it had to do was rely on the pill.

all the best to u too k!!!

hi tamarind...

I'm not taking any birth control pills... but according to my gynea.. it's no good cos it will make u put on weight... Have u considered IUCD?
happy.gif

actually it really depends on each individual. Im taking them but no weight gain! but I think I want to change to IUCD cause though i dont have the weight gain but my mood swings are insane! Is it very expensive?

Back