Birth Control pills

Hi Lemon Tee, must hv SGH's doctor's prescription before I can buy from pharmacy. Cannot buy over the counter. My gynae is from SGH, so I buy from there with my prescription.

Mikel, oh $26?? At first when I asked my gynae abt Yasmin and was told the price, I still thot to myself : so expensive!
lame.gif

Forgot to add : So far with Yasmin, I'm quite happy. No side effects for me, like weight gain. Pretty gd.
happy.gif

ic.. then i think i will get from my family doctor then.. think $22 and $23 not much different..

anyway.. just feel that Yasmine really not bad.. had tried for a full pack already.. side effect like headache.. almost none.. weight lossing a little bit some more.. actually only 1kg for this 21 days la.. coz can't really control on intake.. then found there is a 'side effect' on burst up some more!! hahahaha

yesterday just stop the pill for the first cycle.. felt stomuch so pain.. went to see doctor and said might be due to the stop of the pill.. and my mensus should come this few days.. so might be mensus pain.. but tot mensus should come about every 28-30 days?? strange.. now only the 23rd days.. anyway.. let's see how it goes..

Lemon Tee,

From my experience, yes, by taking the pill, it will actually make your cycle shorter. In other words, your mense comes sooner. For me, I started taking it on day 3 of my cycle as advised by my gynae. By the time I finish the pill, it's day 24. Period will come 3-4 days later which is day 27 to 28. It's actually "faster" for me as my usual cycle is 32 days on average.

yaya.. I started at first day of my mensus.. after day 25 my mensus come again...before that is about 30 days..

Hi ladies,

I am on BCP recently and my bf accidentally Penetrated in few days back. Will I get Pregnant....as we always dislike using comdoms...therefore I use BCP .

hi gals, anyone got yasmin to sell? or know of anywhere i can get cheaper than $28?. thanks and have a great weekend ahead...
happy.gif

I hope i never have to take a single of these bills in my life. I'm really skeptical about it. Though i do not know of any concrete medical proof that these pills will have severe side effect, I don't think it's a good idea to be constantly taking the same medicine. Who knows? Many years later, with the advancement of research, then people would know that many modern illnesses could have connection with taking too much such medicines.

I would rather rely on condom, withdrawal method and menses cycle for bill control.

focusBP,
Those methods you used are very un-reliable, you can still get pregnant.

But I am also worried about the side effects in future. I took the pill for 6 years, didn't want to continue taking it. So I went for tubal ligation. This is the safest method if we are very sure that we don't want to have any more kids.

I have heard of mommies who have enough kids already, use your methods, got pregnant and go for abortion. It is very sad. Please go for the safest method if you absolutely don't want another baby.

Any idea if pills is ok to take while breastfeeding? Want to stop at 2 liao so want to rely on a safe method leh. I checked with GP, he says best to take when i stop breastfeeding. I got pregnant with 2nd one even though i'm still bf-ing my 1st one, so muz be careful liao.

Think better check with your gynae. That time my gynae said is not advisable and ask me to use condom instead.

Actually if use contraceptive pill must see gynae 6 mthly for review. Dun think is advisable to use long-term without gynae review. My sister kenna homomal imbalance for using mercilon without going to her gynae for 6 mthly review. She ask her collegue to get it for her in malaysia and only find out when she went for her paps smear. She kenna a lecture from her gynae. She have now since stopped taking any contraceptive pills. Usually need prescribtion to puschase from outside dun think is safe to use without doctor monitoring.

i checked before and they say have to be advised by doc what kind of pills u should be on and what is mroe suitable for u as pills are not for everione?

i was actualli on injection for 12 weeks. when i went to clinic for a continuation, nurse tell me nt advisble for woman who still wan to have baby int he future as it will totally change ur hormones in the long run! *scary to think the hospital did not mention and im onli 19!

but for pills i know dey have mani kinds, cheap and gd. but fren went to NUH and got a better kind, no side effects at all for $30+ not sure of the brand thou.

but taking injection of pills, accordin to nurse and webbies, cannt smoke nor drink as it will increse risk of heart attack and stroke!

hi, i have 3 boxes of diane 35 ( mfd 05 2007 - exp 05 2012 ) letting go at $80.
please sms me 81637878 for deal, thanks.

Hi ladies, I have 7 boxes of Mercilon with me letting go at $85.

Willing to meet up or free mailing.

Date of manufacture: 14/11/07, Date of expiry: 11/2010.

Anyone interested can email to me at [email protected]

Hi, I just started on Yasmin & got mine from KK abt $25/box. but only prescribe 1 box only. anyone knows what's the market price for Yasmin? Any lobang on cheaper price for Yasmin? Any idea whether polyclinic carries this too? Need prescription if buy at GP? Heard that the BCP that polyclinic prescribes is very cheap (not sure what brand). Anyone has tried? like to know any side effects?

thx
happy.gif

hi girls, i just got married early this month and i'm considering taking birth control pills. my hubby has been using condoms but i feel taking bcp will decrease the risk of getting pregnant. we're both not ready for kids right now. any long term user of bcp around?

yeah, bcp is 99% effective against pregnancy. if you're taking bcp and using condoms, it will further decrease your chances of getting pregnant.

i've been using bcp for 4 years. no side effects. at first, i had slight bloatedness but the feeling faded away after a couple of weeks. it's very effective too, i haven't had a single mishap.

hi mummies, i hv been on yasmin on 2 weeks..i experience lotsa bloatin n gas..n my chest feel kinda sore..is it bcos yasmin doesnt suit me? shld i change to another brand? i hv alr put on abt 1kg..

any recommendations? i heard golden mile sells BCP very cheap..fr thailand de..anyone noe wat brand they sellin?

Not all pills suits everybody. I used to take Yasmin, but it caused acne breakouts! (Even though the pills are said to reduce acne) I tried Mercilon thereafter and so far so good.

So I guess if you feel the pill doesn't suits you, try changing another brand.

hi,
Anyone have any yasmin or diane35 birth control pills lobang? i need 2pack now ,mail if u have any stock.
thanks

Hi, do anyone tried the new birth control pill, Yasmin?
Is there any other side effect?
From wat I know, this new pill will not cause any outbreak and weight gaining. Is it true?

yasmin is not new produc... i try few year ago.. My side effect was i had big temper..

Now im taking diana35.. Jus taking the first month ...

anyone heard?!? think mercilon is out of stock in singapore... just went to ask at guardian pharmacy...
now, where i go get my supply?!?

I would like to share my experience here with diane and yasmin. I used to consume diane when I was 16 for few months. It does not have any side effect well only my boobs get bigger.

After which i switch to yasmin and been consuming it for 5years on and off. My skin was awesome. It was all very well for the first 3 years. The later part it was all good except my libido has went down lots. I have no idea what is orgasm, as such I stopped for 2 years and everything is back to normal now.

So I am looking for another brand that suits me, at the very least it wont decrease my libido as it affect my relationship badly and I am not satisfied. From my research generally, there are 3 types of bcp with different dosage of hormone. To me it's one of the best way if you have found a brand tht suits ur body.

I hope it helps. =)

Hello ladies, I am thinking of taking Yaz as Birth Control method. But I searched online, there's like some side effects? Any ladies who is presently taking / taken can advise me please? In a dilemma to start or not. =(

Thanks in advance!

I was on Yasmine for past 3 years for Endometriosis. So far, no side effect for me, skin was very good and clear. Menses was light.

Icic~ Thanks for your reply!

How much and where did you buy yours at?

The gynae I went to is charging $38/box before GST. Is it ex? Or standard market rate?

Hi, I know this is only somewhat related to Birth Control Pills. But my wife doesn't know enough to educate me or tell me some stuff.

Why use Birth Control Pills? The artificial hormones can mess up the body's cycles. Too much hormones in the body even causes cancer. I mean, why take pills when the man can just wear something?

Can a woman take pills for just a short time, and still have it take effect? I ask this only in case there is a difference between "man wearing" and "man not wearing". To guys who love their wives, any reduction in their own pleasures is not an issue (men don't enjoy those pleasures as much as women anyway). Is my wife missing out?

From what I know of pills, I'd advise men to just wear their stuff.

Jon: Birth control pills have a few indicatons such as endometriosis, regulate periods, PMS, control acne etc. if your wife is using the pills for just contraception purpose, of course using a condom can do the job. Some men do not enjoy as much if they use condoms and so their wives would need to use the pills.
The pills consists of 21 pills in a pack, with 7 pill free days( in some countries, there are 7 placebo(sugar pills)pills). The pills needs to be taken once daily. Should she miss the pills, the effectiveness of the pill may be reduced. It depends on which pill was missed. Ask the pharmacists for more information.
Another type is the emergency pills, taken only after intercourse. Hope that answers your question.

Hi,

New to BCP. Just started my very first packet of mercilon. I also have a lot a lot of questions from my doctor, like will it cause cancer etc., is there any other ways that I can just do one time and forget all about it? :p

My doctor actually advise against other methods I asked about (patches and inserts) except the pills. She said can regulate period etc and recent studies even showed that it prevents ovaries cancer.

However as I just started, she only gave me 1 pack, saying that if I gain too much weight then have to change brand.

Hihi, I have been taking mercilon for around 4 years and so far so good. As my husband and I are planning for a child, I will be selling my extra 2 new packets of mercilon (which was bought at raffles medical) at S$18 per pack. The expiry date is September 2014. Please pm me if you are interested. Thanks.

Back