BEDOK mommies club

Wendy, maybe most guys got the thinking that they are bringing home the bacon, they're the "yi jia zi zhu", that's why they pushed the responsibility of taking care the kids to us women.

Have a good talk to him. When my hubby is stressed, he will shut himself in the room and use the pc whole night till 3-4am, even when he needs to work the next day.

Jun, i used ice cube trays to freeze food. Usually i boiled and puree spinach, carrots and potatoes once in a week, then freeze and finish them in one week. For soup, i used Avent VIA. Now i used them for storing biscuits/rice powder.

Hello all wonderfull mummies,

thanks for sharing and advise.

He is currently trying to clear his leave, and took leave on day when Nicole is having therapy. He should have plenty of time but dun understand why he choose to do tat.

yes agreed when he flare the kids get more rowdy and fuss more. When me try to comment he flare so the mummy flare even more and the poor kids get fr me again
He will alway flare when i try to make a simple comment somtime i so sick I jsut show my black face.

Last nite the poor younger girl kanna for nothing. She cry refused to say wat she want just go on crying and got canned! She is alry sick and coughing he make her threw up and dump her for me to wash up. Tink the whole blk can heard our screaming at 11pm.

Wendy, how is your girl now? I think she is very sick and uncomfortable, that's why she keep crying.

Now my 2 kids are coughing badly too, got alot of phlegm. When they cough too hard to expel it, end up vomitting. Now i'm sick too..

Sometimes i think it's better for us to keep quiet and ignore them, maybe they will feel guilty and auto abit.

Wendy,
Guys are like that. They are not keen to play with the kids. My hb also does it sometimes. And he will throw tantrum at the kids. So when he flares up, I ask the kids to avoid him if not, kena whack by him. These are the times when I wonder why I get married and have kids.

Jun, i always feel that i got married because i love my husband.. But i think the kids came along after a while, like it or not.. hahaha.. But ok, i love my rascals too.. hehe

MIL was here over the weekend.. she keep telling my hb that i am the one spoiling my kids.. Even when i make grace zzzzz, i tend to keep kissing her.. hmm..

Wendypooh,mayb his way of tinkin is he had bring nicole out for therapy so mean he has accomplish his task as a dad. so he tink tat is time to do his own ting. As wat jun say avoid him wen he is throwing tantrum. take care. Wish ur gal have a speedy recovery.

jayce
thanks she is slight better but still quite phelgm, bot her see tcm doc.
Hope yur kids recover soon too. Ya I alway tell myself stay away from him but sometime dam piss.

Jun
Ya usually i take over when he flare or ask the kids to avoid him. Even I do tat he can flare also. Sigh he go on say, "ok ok u go teach them yurslef i stay away"
When i busy i ask him look after them he will park them in front of tv or he just dump them at play corner and he watch his tv. when the girl fight then he will flare and cane them.
ya i alway qns myself where is the angel guy which i knew previously and got married to him. He had turn into a devil!

sng's mummy
i say mil spoilt my kids, she in turn say i spoilt haha no ending.

daphane
I also play my part at time i also went if not for my insuff leave i would have went to.

Guilt
Anyway last nite i committed a very stupid and evil act and feeling super guilty now.

#2 cried, i get hb to talk to her since she scare of him. who know he flare when she refused to stop. since i ask him to talk to her i din wan to step in to interfere. later he get too work up grab and bring her to living rm and she vomitted later and hb dump her in the toilet, I am super frustrated by then, and during the wash up I use too much energy on her and she fall and sat on the toilet floor. She get up very fast on her own wanted me to carry her. Now I feeling so bad on the last nite incident.

Wendypooh
It's ok. Sometimes we do lose our temper at our kids. But just bear in mind, they are the only persons in the world who would love us unconditionally and they will not blame us. Sometimes, after I scold Josh or lose my temper at him, I will feel damn guilty too. So when I put him to bed, I will tell him I love him alot and give him an extra hug and kiss. Kids will not bear grudges on you.

Kris, i see u there at 10.15am k.. sir and me go for breakie first
happy.gif

Maclaren strollers being recalled. Anyone using? Apparently when folding, the hinge is harzardous and may "amputate" child's finger. Qt scary.

Anyway I had 1 at home but permanently in unfolded position as I find it too difficult to fold up. If anyone has the stroller, better get the free hinge covers that Maclaren is giving out next week.

To add, the affected models include Volo, Triumph, Quest Sport, Quest Mod, Techno XT, Techno XLR, Twin Triumph, Twin Techno and Easy Traveller, according to the stroller company.

Jun, collect from where? I have 3 maclarens at home loh..
sad.gif

Wendy,
My hb will raise his tone at my gal, and sometimes I hate it most is when I "forced" him to handle my gal, he handles her very roughly and I really mean like pulling her across e bed etc. Or leave her on e bed alone n on e TV, and twice she fell off. Sometimes I wanna kill him for tt cos I feel tt he seem to treat our gal as a toy rather than a responsibility. Last nite after posting, my hb pulled Erica so hard across e bed n accidently hit her head against my knee, reason being because my hands are wet with e oil and I need his hands to pin down Erica, he unhappy tt I interrupted his game so he handled her roughly. That's why sometimes I rather do things myself than to ask for his help. Sometimes when I am nt in PMS mode, I try to ren and tell myself get angry only age faster nia. So I just lock myself up in e room with Erica n COOL DOWN...

SNG,
My MIL is the one spoiling Erica. Haha. And I'm lucky in a way my hb will take my side n tell her stop spoiling Erica n stop feeding her in front of e TV.

But I think in some ways or another, every mum will spoil their kid. My weakness is everytime if I go out without Erica, I must buy something for her to make up for my guilt, be it food, books, toys or clothes. I feel that it's unhealthy but I cannot help feeling guilty everytime when I'm out without her n will unintentionally walk to the children session n start looking. I dunno why I behaved this way, is it normal?

Cheerios,
Get him clothes? I find it most practical and I'll be so filled with pride everytime my hb wears the clothes I get for him. But I wanna kick him cos everytime if ppl comment it's nice, he never give me e credit. Haha... So everytime I'll be shamelessly announcing tt I got it for him. :p

Hehe, looks like I'll chiong Expo sale tml.

Tinkerbelle
Hahaha me too! Esp when MIL comments on his shirt, I will make sure hubby tells MIL it was ME who bought it for him. haha

Jun
Alamak. I have Mcclaren TEchno XT at home....how???

cheerio, daphane, tinkerbella

thanks for the advise, will bear tat in mind.

cherrio
u better chnage yur hse lock for precaution.

Tinkerbelle/SNG,
Did you use the Tiger Food jar before? The one that can cook porridge by adding hot water. Saw it on BP and thinking if it would be useful.

Cheerios,
^5! Haha, I think our pattern very alike. Mayb cos we both same age. Muahaha.

The way u describe ur current maid sounds like she is not someone very simple-minded wor, or mayb I'm reading too much into it. But, Think as what Wendy suggested, better change your lock today for safety purposes. And Change it again after this maid left in case she give e new set of keys to someone else for duplication. My ex-boss told me he change the locks everytime he change maid for safety measures.

Wendy,
Jia you!
happy.gif

Lwg,
Is this the one u mean?
http://www.usa.tiger-corporation.com/products/72

So far I tried a few Tiger Food Jars, this is the best among the 3 I have, cos there were few occasions I forgot to clear the jar and the next morning the porridge is still cooking hot. I even asked my hb he wanna have it for breakfast or nt since it's still hot. :p

Tinkerbelle,
Does it really cook on its own? If you add piping hot water into the rice, will it really cook?

Jun, u need to pre-heat the jar with piping hot water for 15mins, pour out then put in ur rice grains and new piping hot water again. After 3 hours u get porridge..

Good for traveling and weekend use (if you have no time to cook in the morning, so u "cook" the porridge while on the go.) Nick's time, i paid 80+ for it leh.. Now price dropped i suppose..

Lwg,
So far I haven tried cooking it cos usually I put in halfway cook porridge in cos at times I wanna make sure my carrots are soft when I wanna serve. Mayb I should try as wat SNG's mummy suggest. Hehe, tml I try n let u know.
happy.gif

The pricing is gd, that time I paid $58.50 for it during Isetan Private Sale.

SNG's mummy,
Piping hot as in boiling water? Or 92 degrees water oso ok?

Ladies,
I went to the Robinson Expo fair, the pricing is really gd. Alot of Crayola stuff very gd price, n there were other brands of gd stationaries also. But I cannot find the books as what Cheerios mentioned. Those who haven go, mayb can drop by this weekend. Ending on 15th Nov. Safra card got extra 10% discount for some brands.

Hi, im a SAHM with 3 kids, 9,6,2 yr olds staying near Bedok. So happy to find this thread cos i get to know some info like which playgrounds to go and i can totally understand some of the marital problems mentioned here!
Must find out whr is this pollywogs that is so frequently mentioned? Is it near Bedok? Currently im sourcing for a playgrp for my 2 yo, low budget. Also looking for chinese enrichment class for the older kids. any suggestions? thks.

Hi Sher,
Welcome to this thread!
happy.gif

SNG's mummy,
I wanna ask u hor, how u potty train Grace ah?

I am suspecting Erica seem to show signs of potty training readiness already. Reason because everytime if she poos, she'll bring me to take out the changing mat and diaper. Sometimes she pees, she'll also go "oh" and do the same thing. If I'm busy, sometimes she pulls out the changing mat for me and do the "smelly" sign. Is that sign of readiness? I don't want to miss this milestone cos I know once I drag too long, next time she'll stop bringing e changing mat to me already.

Tinkerbelle
nvm lah. anyway, today's the last day already. Can't wait to get her outa my house. My hubby told me tonight I must do a thorough check on my valuables before leeting her go yesterday.

I went to Expo fair (AGAIN!!!!!) last night! Bought some more stuffs like kids' bedsheets. The perfumes are really cheap and I boguht some as gifts too. didn't get anything for myself tho'.

Hi sher! welcome to this thread!!Whereabouts bedok do u stay? near the reservoir??

tinkerbelle, piping hot is 100 degrees C. Grace hor, i gave her shorts and ask her if she wanted to pee. For about 2 weeks, there were a lot of times she forgot to say she wanted to pee, so kanna smack on the leg.. hehe..

Sher, welcome.. Polliwog is at East Coast Beach near BK. I think we went there too often liao, so my #3 kind of got sick of that place. But at least, glad she still likes Ikea and best of all, it's free.. So we usually go Ikea and "dump" all 3 kids at the smiland, hb and me can have a cup of coffee in PEACE.. hehe.. BTW, my kids are 9, 4 and 2..

Sher,
Welcome. Polliwogs is at East Coast behind Burger King and Waraku Jap rest. You keen to join us next time?

I am FTWM with 3 kids, 7,6, 6 months.

Tinkerbelle,
Did you have a potty? When Erica wants to poo, you can let her sit there and tell her that's the place to poo. She is qt fast. I only manage to toilet train my gal at 26 mths

Hihi...

Itz weekends for the working mommies!

We brought the 2 kids out to Orchard to see the Christmas lightup last night. My boy was so happy. And I stepped into Ion for the very 1st time.

SNG
My hb bought the bulk pass for Polliwog as itz actually much more worthwhile. But I dont have much time to bring him there. He loves it though.

Sher
My boy is having Chinese enrichment class at Berries, Tampines Junction. The syllabus is good but it doesnt have much impact on my boy so far. Itz not the school or the teachers. Lessons once a week will not make a difference when my boy is a kantang. Parents will need to revise the words frequently with the kids and to make a conscious effort to converse to them in Mandarin. My hb and I always slip back to English because we cant expressed ourselves well in Mandarin and my boy refused to answer in Mandarin. Haizzz...

Hi Sher, welcome!

i'm a FTWM with 2 kids, 4 years old & 1 years old. I'm staying at bedok north. You plan on returning to work or wait till your kids are older?

Fizz
Yes! It's almost the weekend! Almost I am so busy this weekend coz of have to exchange the maids this weekend so I have to do a thorough check through the house to make sure she didn't nick anything.
Can't wait for Sunday...which is her last day. Time for a fresh change.

Xmas lights are gorgeous this year! I brought the kids downtown last week (coincidentally it was the first day the lights were up) so it was a surprise treat for all of us. Probably making another trip down to Orchard sometime in end nov to look at lights and take pics again.

Cheerios,
Yah, do check throughly.

Haha, I was there last nite also. I was thinking should ask u for ur no cos last nite i was searching for e books u were mentioning. But nvm, I might go down again later to grab a wooden learning toy I saw yesterday. $7.90 only but my hb dun allow me to buy for Erica cos he said it'll be messy. Urgh...

SNG,
Ok, thanks. Training will start after her nap. Hehe. Now "porridge cooking" in process. Later I'll post the verdict if I'm successful. Haha...

Jun,
Erica hor, she only let me know after she poo leh. Is it ok I start her with pee? I got a potty at home, I got those potty that can convert to a stool and e toilet cover when the child is older.

Fizz, Cheerios,
My hb oso like the xmas lighting this yr, but my gf n I preferred the last yr deco, where the theme was lollis and candy canes. The yr before or yr yr before even nicer, I remember it was a white n gold theme, and that was when I set e resolutions tt I want a white and gold theme xmas tree at home next time. Hahah...

Tinkerbelle
I have a potty for Josh but although he is fully toilet trained when he pees,he refuses to sit in the potty when he shits. He will tolerate until I put on diapers for him.

Just came back from eating KFC! Super yummy!!!! But damn sinful lah....

tinkerbelle, i thought it's easier to start with poo.. Grace started telling us she wanted to poo at 14mths. She was fully toilet trained only at 20mths.

I didn't spend any cent on potty or stuff leh.. We just placed Grace on the toilet bowl if she needed to poo.. And if she needed to pee, she will just take off her own panty and go and pee on the toilet floor.

Cherrios, Grace was the opposite.. From 20 mths when she was fully toilet trained, she refuses to pee or poo in diapers. Pee still sometimes ok, bring her to one corner, make her squat and go "she she" for a while, she will pee into the diapers.. Poo, she will just tolerate until we find her a CLEAN toilet.

Now she lagee best, every night, she will wake up twice, take off her diaper and go pee in the toilet on her own. then come out of the toilet and ask me to put on again for her. We insisted she put on the diapers cos we afraid she accidently pees on the bed. This few days best.. at 3am when we wake up, she completely clothe-less.. she will take off her 2 layers of top first, then giggle and giggle until her trousers comes off. So these few nights been battling with her to keep her clothes on.

Cheerios,
Hoho, KFC, den Sun need to go an extra km to kill the kcls?

Cheerios, SNG,
My mission failed completely today. I took out the potty with excitement, took off Erica's diaper n let her sit on it. She screamed like hell. Sigh... Should I continue or keep e potty away and try again awhile later?

SNG,
Grace is really very advance! 14 mths she can tell u? How to get her to tell me when she wants to poo? She only tells me after she's done with her business.

Tinkerbelle
She's like my son. My son jsut sits on the toilet bowl and cry and cry and say don't have anymore.
Hopefully tomorrow monring does not rain so I can squeeze in a run tom morning!

Actually I didn't really toilet train Josh coz I dont have the time and the patience. He just gradually progressed and knew when to tell me that he wanted to go shee shee.

Tinkerbelle, she did the mmm mmm sound.. and u can monitor from the face when she wants to poo.. She used to get up and want to poo liao, so was quite easy and also, she dislike the dirty butt, so she almost hate poo-ing in her diapers even then..

At one stage, she also hated the toilet bowl, remember i told u i just left her to sit on it cos that's the only place she cannot come down and run away when i needed to do some stuffs..

Cherrios, for my eldest boy, i also left it to him, so he was still in diapers at night till he was around 6yo when we had no more chance to escape from it cos he couldn't fit into the biggest XXL pull-up any more.. #2 we left it to the school, but for night time, we train him when he was 3.5yo cos he got too big size to fit into huggies XXL. #3 hor, need to save money and put the diaper money into other use liao, so bo pian got to "graduate" her into a diaper-free toddler earlier.. hehe

Tinkerbelle,
Gotta be patient. You can bring her into the toilet with you and let her see u doing it. Then explain this is the place to pee and poo. Tell her if she want to pee, go to the potty. My #1 I very kiasu want to train her early cos no. 2 was coming along. She also scream and shout. After a few mths, I gave up and she self-train at 26 mths. Boys are easier to train. I din even use a potty. I took my big unwanted plastic cup for him to pee in then pour into the toilet. So by 18 mths, he was off diapers. The trick is follow daddy into toilet few times a day. Haha..

Cheerios,
I am lazy and impatient to toilet train her actually, thinking tt mayb juz leave the dirty job to the childcare teachers, but she show signs, so I happily thought Yes, my gal is ready for toilet train, and who knows....

SNG,
Erica is starting to be like Grace who hates a dirty butt liao, but at times she dun do the Mmm Mmm sound, anyway to teach her to say that before she poos?

Haha, I remember the toilet bowl. Actually today she screamed at the potty, I put her to the toilet bowl, but she almost drop inside cos e hole so big leh. Grace can sit at the toilet bowl since 14 mths?

Lwg,
Wish me luck and patience ok? Pray hard hard she don't scream tml when I try her again.

Btw, I tried cooking porridge with the Tiger food Jar, it works. Only thing is the carrots dun come out soft, so if u wanna give it to Jayden, mayb u need to steam it before throwing in since he cannot really chew yet.

And hor, I remember something. A mistake I made earlier. When u are giving Jayden potatoes or carrots or broccoli, dun blend it. Cos they'll get lazy and don't like to chew at the later stage. So mashing will do. I used to blend for Erica, and when she turns 1, it took me some time to train her to chew. U need the list of allergy food?

TOilet training
After having read the mummies' feedback, think its really up to the kids to lead and see if they are ready. No point forcing them if they arenot ready. I had aimed to toilet train Josh fully at 30 months...then 36 mths...and vow never to buy diapers again after this round of diapers are used up...but I still continue buying...haha.
Tinkerbelle
If she keeps screaming...then no point. Make sure its not a traumatic experience for them. My view is that if the chidlren go to sch and see other kids do it, they will eventually learn to do it as well.

It's Sat and I am back at work! Argh!!!!!!!!!!!
But just for a while lah. It's my old maid's last day today! Can't wait for tomorrow.

Hi Cherrios, i'm at work too, sianz right!

I did not toilet train my boy, he also gradually progressed by his own. Now he also reject milk, so i can save on diapers and growing up milk haha. He always like to control his motion.. When he got the feeling to poo, he always like to drag/delay, after a while, he said no feeling liao. So he becomes constipated. Have to force him on sit on the potty every night for 20-30 mins. There was one time he fell asleep on the potty and fell down. LOL

Tinkerbelle, try to let Erica sit on the potty every morning/night(at the same time), for abt 10-20 mins. Let her know it's a everyday routine, so she will not reject it.

PrincessOctober!
Yar lor! Its for the staff to close files and to do audit but coz we have to sign the forms...still must come! Nvm...do my own work.....heavy week next week

Tinkerbelle
I don't blend my bb's food, always mash. Lazy to wash the blender.. Keke. But may consider to blend the brown rice when bb can eat porridge. Have u started Erica on steam rice?

I may start working 4 days week next year onwards. I have >40 days leave next year including the 2 weeks maternity leave brought forward. If it works well, then will request my boss to allow me to work 4days week permanently. Must spend more time with the kids.

Jun, that's a good idea hor, 4 days work week with full salary.. after that u can plan for #4 so that u can continue the same schedule.. :p Maybe i should too.. hehe.. good.. talk to my sir tonight...

On toilet training, i agree that kids should be ready before we attempt toilet training them otherwise it would be so much drama especially if they keep pee-ing on the floor, sofa, etc..

Belle, we from young hor, when grace wanted to poo, we will do the mmm mmm sound, so when she want to poo, she will do the same sound. Grace fell into the bowl a couple times so i rescued her out. after a few times, she auto can balance.. :p

Tinkerbelle

My boy was only partially toilet trained recently...about 2 weeks ago...and he is 3yo next month!!!

We did not actively train him, which reinforces my belief that kids will be ready when they are ready. We merely bought Thomas underpants for him and told him that he must wear Thomas underpants if he wanted to go to Thomasland in Japan. It kinda happened overnight. He suddenly starts telling us when he wants to pee. But he still wears diapers to sleep and when we are out. At night, he will tell me when he wants to pee. But sometimes when I am lazy, I will tell me to just pee in his diaper and he will kick up a rackus. Me bad mummy...haha! When he poos, he will only poo squating on the toilet floor.

Cheerios

YESSSSSSSSS!!! We are going to see the lightup again.

Mummies

Does anyone know where I can get plain yellow wrapping paper or yellow or brown paper bags?

Back