Bad confinment experience

dreams0409

had just finish my confinement and my CL is aunty Fen (Bliss Confinement). I wld strongly advice people not to engage her as CL.

The 1st few days, she didnt cook hot meals for me, all the meals served were cold including my longan drink. When I asked her, she say it is ok to drink cold which is nonsense. During confinement everything we eat should be hot. She just keep on adding water to my longan drink. I had to keep reminding her I want hot food. When I finish my drink, she doesnt pour for me, I had to get it myself. She also didnt prepare hotwater for me to wash up. Food was being cook the same way everyday. Soup for lunch n dinner always the same until I had to tell her to change. She always like to carry the baby even the baby is not making any noise. I caught her falling asleep at night while feeding my baby. I was so piss off, so end up i have to look after my baby day & night, as a result I didnt get a good rest during my confinement For my bath water, she will boil the water the day b4. She is lazy, she doesnt cook for my family, my parent-in-law still have to cook/packet food for her. She likes to listen to my family members talk and keep giving her opinions which I think its rude. She doesn't help me with the housework also. At first I wanted to change CL but I was afraid the replacement will be worst. The confinement was really a nightmare for me.

Hi dreams,

Gosh! It's so bad? I'm getting apprehensive. I had also engaged Bliss agency for my upcoming confinement and i think i was allocated Feng Jie too! I thought the confinement nannys will all be reliable as i've seen positive reviews from other SMH forummers.I think you should feedback to May so that she can be aware and improve her staff's service from there for other MTBs.

Tried to pm you, but your pm was not activated. Care to pm me and share more? Would really like to understand more from you. Thanks!

Hmm.. why there seems to be so many negative comments on Bliss? I am probably due anytime this week.. send them an sms this morning to just pre empt them but both May and Clare did not reply.. hopefully i dun get played out last minute..think will give them a call on monday if they still dun reply..

Hmm, i'm currently 2 weeks into my confinement with Bliss under cl auntie mei, n i hv no complains. May, Bliss's manager, was prompt in bringing auntie mei to my place and auntie mei immediately set herself to work orienting herself to where the things are kept and such.

For the past 2 weeks, i can leave everything in the experienced hands of my cl. My baby was attended to very promptly when he cried but not over fussed. Whenever she had coaxed my bb n he's settled down, she will place him in our playpen to sleep himself, n wont disturb him anymore. Can see my cl genuinely loves babies. My hubby had seen my bb spraying some shit onto my cl's face while she was changing the diapers he just soiled n yet she just shrug it off. I had also seen myself how bb suddenly did a white merlion act all over my cl's clothes, but she still nonchalantly took a tissue to wipe the milk off, n continue patting bb.I'm really impressed by her patience. In fact, during the 1st follow up, my pd commented my bb's umblical cord was well cleaned n my cl was very experienced.

With regards to food wise, my food n drinks was always served hot, n was really tasty!My cl also changes the menu daily so that i wont get bored with the food. And she willing cooks more portion if any of my relatives drops by to visit me n stays for a meal. My herb bathwater was prepared warm for me to wipe daily,kitchen was kept spick n span, rest of house was wiped every other day, n whole family's laundry was washed daily n nicely folded. On the con side, she can be quite talkative and she has quite a loud voice. She also likes to join in some of our family discussion, but i dun really mind cos some times her experience makes valuable contribution to some customs or full month celebration we plan. Besides, no1's perfect..the main thing i'm concerned is she takes good care of bb,me n the house so that i really rest well during my confinement.

May has also been a really great help to me. I had ge kiang and bought my own confinement herbs from a seller online instead of getting Bliss's package as Bliss was more steep. In the end, the dosage for the herbs was all wrong n was reprimanded by my ILs. May kindly offered to prepare and rush out the corrected herbs package by the next day and tailored it so that i can use some of the existing herbs i bought,n charged me a lower price accordingly. In addition,the next day when she brought the herbs to me n saw my breast was engorged, she even did a breast massage for me to clear my engorgement. *blush*

Overall, really satisfied with Bliss's service n glad that past positive reviews of Bliss that made me decide on them is not without backing. For me, i would recommend them anytime. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi Audrey,

Can I clarify is yr CL auntie Mei or Mae ? Cos I have also engaged the service from Bliss (due in July) and assigned to Mae. Thus, wondering is she the same CL that you had ?

Hi apple,

Hi apple ..

Urm...not really sure about that..On the first day, May just introduced my CL as auntie "mei/ mae? " , and we didn't ask whether the spelling of her name is mei or mae. But in the end, we still addressed her as "auntie" throughout the confinement. Haha! :D

Hi Audrey,

Thanks for reverting. I clarified with Doreen (Bliss) that the CL assigned to me is Auntie Mei. Hopefully, she is the same CL that you had.

May I check does your Auntie Mei speaks cantonese? cos I have indicated my preference that the CL assigned to me do speak cantonese and thus Doreen assigned Mei to me.

So far, I've never conversed with her in cantonese though I'm cantonese. Language used with her is mandarin. My husband's side is hokkien and when his family arrive, they either talk to her in mandarin or hokkien, while my family side talk to her in mandarin. I do know that her hokkien is definitely better than mine!

Do you want to pm me your email address? I've a photo of her w my baby..can send to you. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

i used Bliss Confinement during my confinement late Dec 2009 to Jan 2010. I oso hve veri veri bad experience with their CL called YuYun provided by May of Bliss Confinement. May told me she is giving me a 51 years old experience lady n breastfeed pro but when she turned up at my place n appeared veri young(May oso address her CL name wrongly as Yuying, makes me wonder if May just dragged any Tom, Dick , Harry frm the street to me!) I had just given birth and had bad engorgement so i did not think of changing her at all despite the suspect tat the 'good is not in order'. She turns out to be so so lazy n has no experience in breastfeeding, keeping my breast milk and feed my bb with formula milk even after a few reminders! May has lied to me about letting all her CL to rest a month before my due date. This Yuyun told me she worked for almost 7 months continuously with the previous family after confinement period, had few days rest before starting on me, she is onli 41 yrs old n was paid $1300 by Bliss Confinement (tat explains hw inexperience she is since she cost so little?). My bb will scream every time tis CL bath him or change his diaper, she is veri rough. Me being a first time mum thought it is normal until an experienced friend of mine saw all these nonsense when confinement ending..Yuying will onli wake up at 10am so i will onli take my breakfast (bread n milo n chicken essence) at tat time. My bb onli bath once a day, sometimes 10am, sometimes 4pm, sometimes immediately after feeding time. She has never clean or wipe my bb for the rest of the day..I regretted using Bliss Confinement..my god..some many many unpleasant things happened until i questioned myself y i so dumb never kick her out of my hse..must be the homos blocking my brain after giving birth..good luck to those engaging them! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Advice to mummies tat even though u engage CL, it is best if you hve yr own mother or in law to help u watch after these CL while u do yr resting..

Hi MamaD,

Your experience with Bliss Confinement sounds really bad. Did you feedback to them? I should prob consider asking my mil to help out while the CL is with us.

Hi apple3,

Please be careful with aunty mei, i had mine and she stole from us. please make clear you want to check her bag when she leaves. she stole a portable DVD player and many others.

She did not cook for my hubby like what happen for audrey and somemore did not cook different food for me that i need to ask to tabao wanton noodles becos i am sick of her food. Steam fish, i eat stomach area she eat the fish tail. She drank my long gan drink.

she also did not took good care of my son, imagine with nappy he is having rashes as she is too lazy to change and indicates wearing diaper is good no rashes. she is very talkative and when my relative came, she chi chat with them rather than taking care of my son. i do not encourage you to take her if is your first baby.

Hello pinpanter,

Aft reading some comments here abt Bliss Confinement. I felt that Bliss just hired a wrong lady, you should let them know first and they could take action promptly. Maybe u r not sure yourself too? That's Why You didn't ask/tell them. It's not fair to put across such statements. It's only fair for them to take appropriate actions against their nanny.

Mummies,

I'm a mum, suffering from serious lower backache and also slight urine leak whenever I sneeze aft my 1st confinement (where I did it myself) we didn't hire any CL as my hubby at that time wanted to save $$$ but at the expense on my health... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] But my marriage didn't last long and soon I'm expected my 2nd child and hubby wants to divorce me. During my pregnancy.. hubby didn't provide me with any financial help nor did he feel elated b'cos I'm pregnant. He 'left' us unattended and disappeared. Hence, aft great deal of courage from mummies and friends in this forum, I get to know Bliss Confinement & P Confinement.

As financial situation doesn't allow me the luxury of engaging a CL during my confinement period... but at the same time i was yearning for a gleam of hope that my back and health problems could get better... I decided to call them. I was greeted with courtesy from P but soon was taken aback by their rude remarks on "no money yet still wanna hire confinement lady" kinda attitude. Nevertheless, i still proceed call Bliss. Therefore, we met and their agent Doreen was very friendly when we meet and upon knowing my situation and she took it upon herself to 'help' me financially and also provide me with a very good nanny called AILI. Aili was a very 'automatic' & a humble nanny and provided me great assistance. She was very friendly and gave me lots of suggestions whenever I'm in difficulty. Being a 2nd time mum (divorcee with two children) I do not expect much from AILI or from any outsiders... but Doreen also came to visit me and my infant during my confinement and even gave me twenty pkts of chinese herbs (F.O.C)

The whole event has prompt me to think why in the first place I didn't call Bliss first so that I could be spared of sacarstic remarks.

I am not siding Bliss no doubt they have given me a great nanny and have shown me kindness. I just trust kindness begets kindness only.

Hi dreams,

I had Fen from Bliss during my two month confinement period (May & June) not sure if she's the same person.... short curly hair, no glasses, short too and pimplish face?

I engaged Aunty Mei hua from bliss thru someone's recommendation. She is a wonderful nanny! She is gentle to my boy, cook delicious food, and even does all the household chores(except ironing) for me! She eats very simply and is not calculative at all. My boy is quite difficult to handle, crying very often and drinks every 2 hrly. Yet, Mei Hua is always so patient. She also sings to him. Thru out my confinement I practically leave my boy to her and managed to really rest well. U can PM me for more details and I can share more with u ..

I too want to share my experience with this CL . Auntie Yeo hp: 1511 60167089329 / 91481677.

( A short , pump lady with short curly hair)

I got her contact from this forum . One mummy wrote her good experience but i doubt is true . Maybe is written by Auntie Yeo herself .

During the interview, she appeared to be responsible and experience CL. I placed a deposit with her .

Nightmare started two weeks before my EDD. She called and say she is unable to do my confinement as she have another assignment. She will arranged for another CL to come .

I disagree citing that she have collected my deposit she should do my confinement . She refused to come and left with no choice I agreed for her jie mei to do my confinement .

Her jie mei came and do a lousy confinement. Stole my “ tong cao” and drank my bird nest . Did not cook proper confinement foods. Insist on resting despite baby crying loudly . Ask her to leave one week later .

Please beware of this CL – Auntie Yeo . Do not engage her .

Cai Mei Ying or Aunty Mei Ying

A warning to mothers looking for confinement nannies, its better to go thru word of mouth rather than forum recommendations. I engaged a nanny, Cai Mei Yin or Aunty Mei Ying thru rigorous search on this forum but she turned out to be my worst fears come true. I am not sure if her services are still touted and recommended online, but if u are doing your research based on forum searches as I did, pls use your discretion!

- I did not heed the warning signs. When i met with her to place deposit, she criticized the mother she was taking care of at that time, that she never did 'tai jiao', that's why the baby now sleeps very late resulting in her not being able to sleep early too.

- she also said she has to nap every afternoon.

- I asked her what herbs I could buy in advance, for her to prepare tonics for me, she said oh, the usual. I told her I really have no idea so could she advice? Can she tell me some so i can buy first? I need to be prepared. She named about 2 herbs, then said I can ask any old people around me, like my mother or mother in law.. Don't they know? Else I can ask medical hall.

- I booked her way in advance for 2 months, but on the first day or work, she says she has a double booking and could not turn down the other party. So she could only work less than a month. She said she was sorry but I should have a mother or mother in law who can take over. !! Despite taking my deposit of $200 when we met before I delivered.

- Turns out, this nanny herself needs nannying. She says she can't sleep too late at night, complains that pillow cover is too slippery and she can't sleep well. She also revealed that her shortest stint is 5 days with a family cos they were boring people, they slept too early, around 8pm and did not watch tv. With her clear warning, we left the tv on specially for her, bought Chinese newspaper in case she was bored.. She still complained of boredom. Another of her warnings was that I had to giver her an ang pow on first day of work, else things would not go smoothly.

- in terms of caring for baby, she refused to test the temperature of heated breast milk before feeding baby. She would just hold the bottle with her fingers and deem it ok. She refused to test by having a drop on her wrist. Even when I tell her that different brands of bottles will feel differently, they may be different in thickness, material etc, so just touching the bottle is not an accurate gauge. She was wrong many times, and one time wrong is one time too many! That's one time of too hot milk into my newborn's mouth/throat/stomach!!

- she does NOT wash her hands after wiping baby's poo. Everytime. Despite repeated appeals. She got angry and offended as she says she has been doing this all along.

- she does NOT wash her hands after touching the broom or dustpan. She will proceed to handle baby, touch baby's cot sheets etc.

- at night, she watches tv and I vividly remember her scurrying when baby cries, cos oh, she forgot to wash the bottles again. So baby has to wait, AGAIN. Too bad for the hungry newborn.

- In terms of cooking, every meal was almost the same. She even says, it's not difficult to cook confinement food, its just frying everything with ginger and sesame. Only variation is the type of vegetable we provide, and whether it's rice or noodle version. After a few days, you will realize she is not a genuine confinement nanny. Tonics? Besides the pre-packed all-in-one tonics that we bought from eu yang sang, she was not able to offer more, neither in advice nor in brewing anything else.

- she revealed that she was all along a factory worker and only became confinement nanny cos of the good money and that it's nothing difficult at all.

- Btw, she is young. She is in her late 40s, a Malaysian but Singapore PR, husband works in Singapore and daughter studying in spore. Her contact number is 824301xx and 07-55931xx. Pls use your own discretion rather than rely on raving forum reviews. I paid for it with my health at the most crucial time when I hired and depended on her to 'take care' of me and my baby. She failed on every count.

Back