Baby Refusing Milk, HELP pls...

Moon Ng

hi all,

My baby is going to be 3 mths old nxt week. He had been refusing milk since 2 weeks back.
He didnt even cry for milk nowadays, n if he drinks, he will only have about 1-2oz, then remaining will hav to feed him while he's half asleep.
This is very worrying, am 1st time mother. I had tried changing the bottles or teats. It didnt work.
Today i even tried giving him different formula, but it's still the same.

He's ok with pacifier, jus that in terms of drinking milk, he dun like after a few sucks.

Anyone had experienced the same before? Really need some help here.. It's taxing me

Thx
Moon

My bb also had that syndrome ard 3-4mths old. Dun wanna drink milk and each time 20ml only. Guess its common, and after awhile my bb intakes is back to normal. As long as ur bb is growing well and dun lose weight, can already.

Hey isenggirl, thx for sharing.. Do u still remember your baby case last for how long? Ppl told me 4/5 days r normal but not 3 weeks..
n did your bb regurgitate alot before the reduced milk happen?
Did u wait for him to cry for milk only giv him or every 4-5hrs?

Mine last quite long, prolly 1mth. Initially we gave her 3-4hrly but it was so challenging so we waited til she went hungry.. I dun rem how it happened but i thot it was a normal phase.

If ur baby is throwing milk then refusing to eat, get ur baby checked for reflux... Sometimes they refuse to eat because they know it will hurt their tummy.. No harm in getting baby checked and put ur mind at ease..

Isenggirl, how is your baby now? Growing steadily? Hope all is well at your end.
I went to c pd last week n she advised to follow strict schedule to feed him, if he dun want thn dun force. She wants to monitor him weekly as he's on smaller scale :-(
No gerd/reflux/thrush.

My bb is now 25-50 percentile, pd said still normal but I feel she is getting slimmer. Also was asked not to force feed, need to make solid fd journey as a pleasant one.. Cant force her to drink too. Sigh.

Hi isenggirl,

Is ok as long as she's not losing weight.. N still grow gradually, 25-50 percentile is good! Mine only 3 percentile since birth..
But agree with your dr, dun force feed. Ltr they phobia

Back