Baby nanny or confinement nanny

ander75

Hi, i have recently engaged a nanny from Port Klang thr agent and the charges is 2500 SGD + levy 150 sgd. Her name is Auntie Ya Yuan msian chinese in her early 50s.

Her service is good so i am helping her to recommend her service here. If you are apply the work permit yourself via the MOM website (very easy), you can contact her direct and her charge is around 2100 SGD nett. cheaper than via agent.

If you need my reference please PM me. Her contact nbr in msia is +60 1635 01867 (she cannot sms singapore) or you can add her via Wechat.

Hi Anders,

Saw your forum posting and I am still in process of getting a confinement nanny come July 15.

Would like to check with you a few things on your CL.

1) Is it a day or full time service? (Suppose stay in?)
2) Would she mind to cook bigger portion for husband and my mil, who is staying with us to help out during confinement month?
3) Based on her confinement practices, is she ok if I would require her to bring baby to my room for breastfeeding at night?

Thanks and have a nice day.
Jeanne

--
Hi, it is a stay in full time service. Yes she will cook for husband as well but only confinement foods. Her cooking is ok only but for confinement foods should be ok. She should be ok to bring baby to your room. Actually she stay with my wife for the past two months as my in law is occupying the other room and my baby need special care due to minor operation. You can actually apply the work permit online so no need to go through agent.

--
by the way, my nanny just gone back to Msia today after 2 months with us. You can add her in Wechat. She speak mandarin only. She told us that she have job in July and Dec and the rest of the months she is available

Hi Anders, thanks very much for the prompt reply. Wishing your family and baby best of health. Have a blessed week.

Cheers.

---
no problem. i was having hard time looking for a nanny so i hope this help. Anyone here have direct nanny contact please share as well. One more thing, i have paid to have hepatitis B checked for the nanny so you can save the money.:) the nanny is in good health.

---

Hi Anders,

Saw your forum posting and I am still in process of getting a confinement nanny come July 15.

Would like to check with you a few things on your CL.

1) Is it a day or full time service? (Suppose stay in?)
2) Would she mind to cook bigger portion for husband and my mil, who is staying with us to help out during confinement month?
3) Based on her confinement practices, is she ok if I would require her to bring baby to my room for breastfeeding at night?

Thanks and have a nice day.
Jeanne

--
Hi, it is a stay in full time service. Yes she will cook for husband as well but only confinement foods. Her cooking is ok only but for confinement foods should be ok. She should be ok to bring baby to your room. Actually she stay with my wife for the past two months as my in law is occupying the other room and my baby need special care due to minor operation. You can actually apply the work permit online so no need to go through agent.

--
by the way, my nanny just gone back to Msia today after 2 months with us. You can add her in Wechat. She speak mandarin only. She told us that she have job in July and Dec and the rest of the months she is available

Hi
I would like to recommend my CL, Ling Jie (012-6539880). I got to know her through my relative who engaged her as well. I find her very reliable.

She has many years of confinement/babysitting experience, & is knowleagable on confinement food, what you should/shouldn't do and in taking care of newborn. She worked at her mother's food stall for many years when she was young, & hence, can cook a wide variety of dishes well. Of course, you need to let her know your preference.. She doesn't mind to cook for your whole family if you pay her a little bit more..

She did the night feeding promptly & patiently, and has no problem in dealing with lack of sleep at night.

She is very friendly, easy to communicate with and is flexible in adjusting herself to meet your requirements/suit your style. She didn't even mind to sleep on the floor when she was doing my confinement due to limited space at home.

She is opened to babysitting jobs as well.

Hi, i have recently engaged a nanny from Port Klang thr agent and the charges is 2500 SGD + levy 150 sgd. Her name is Auntie Ya Yuan msian chinese in her early 50s.

Her service is good so i am helping her to recommend her service here. If you are apply the work permit yourself via the MOM website (very easy), you can contact her direct and her charge is around 2100 SGD nett. cheaper than via agent.

If you need my reference please PM me. Her contact nbr in msia is +60 1635 01867 (she cannot sms singapore) or you can add her via Wechat.

Hi, can i check with you whether shld I pay her a deposit first if i want to engaged her? or maybe you can refer me to her. My EDD is on Dec 16

Hi,
After reading your recommendation, we also engaged the confinement lady. She just left for Malaysia yesterday. She is an obliging lady who is able to suit herself to our household needs. We needed her to cook for my helper on weekdays. To make things easy for her, I told her she just had to cook a bigger portion of the vegetables so that there was enough for my helper. At times, she would cook simple extra dishes just for my helper. Over a weekend, we needed her to cook for my toddlers too. She agreed and cooked different dishes for lunch and dinner for my kids. What surprised us was she helped to fry beancurd with ikan billis and chilli and portion out in the freezer so that we could eat after she left. Such a generous and considerate gesture of hers. To be honest, my helpers helped her out with cleaning of the kitchen and my room plus washing of baby's clothing. So she was freed up to cook for my family. We also liked that she cooked a reasonable portion and not wasteful of food. My previous CL would cook soup with meat and dumped the meat away which I find it a waste.

She is also very kind to help us stitch and tighten the mittens and socks so that my baby can wear them without slipping off.

For mothers who are particular with the way you want your baby to be handled, you would need to explain your standards to her. Eg sunning of the baby who has jaundice and using alcohol wipes on the belly button.

Overall, she's an accommodating lady and we really appreciate her help these weeks with us. This is her number. +60 1635 01867

By the way, when I told her I found her after reading your review, she remembered your family, Anders. :)

P/S: What suits our household may not be suitable for yours. Do speak to the nanny to gauge her suitability.

Back