<b>Applying to be able to post in overseas spree and WTS threads</b>

babylovespink2

Hi,

I've been a member for 1 year, yet I'm unable to post in the restricted threads. Can this be made automatic once someone has been a member for 1 year?
How do I apply? Have sent an email to Chin Leng but received no reply so far.

Hi, I need help. Have been going to different thread to post my message, but no help was rendered. I'm alrdy 1 yr as a member, and would like to post in WTS and overseas sites, hve sent email to Chin Leng, but it's been so so long, and there's no reply frm a single one of them. Is there a way to get through to them???

hi bunnybluey,

no worries, time flies! u wld reach 1 yr soon without knowing.

hmm hv sent email to the moderator but hv yet to rec their reply yet.
sad.gif

Merry Xmas to All SMH users!

Still no help from the moderator, can anyone advise pls?????? How to get to them or at least, get them to reply. This is really frustrating, hve missed out so many spree already. Christmas is over, and New year is coming.

hi bunnybluey,

thanks for the info, hv posted my query in the thread tt u mentioned. hopefully i cn get some reply leh!

Thanks bunnybluey, have just posted my request in the thread, hope Chin Leng will reply soon. Thanks for the info and have a happy 2008.

I don't know why must restrict to one year membership. Becos we also may want to organise spree or buy (thus need to post) even during pregnancy (therefore less than 1 year membership).

It make things very difficult because i have no choice but to wait for someone who can post to organise the spree. If there is no one organising, i can't get any spree along, have to wait and wait.

To join the spree, also have to email or pm instead of posting which posting will be so much convenient. End up i tink the spree organiser also have to check her pm and email often or else may miss out my order.

Hi, i oso want to org a spree. So just wanna ask if mod can allow my status to hold 1 spree and then deactivate it back?
happy.gif

Wanna get some honey from Aus but shipping to exp if i buy myself leh....

Or maybe u get us to email u first for permission to org a spree, and give spree details. If u feel its okie then u allow us to spree. Once spree finish we have to apply to spree again. Something like the BP section lah...

haiz.. i sent a request thru emails and posting on the thread 2 weeks ago also no reply.. wonder if they even read?? i also wana post in WTS and i dun wana be like other inconsiderate members who ride on other threads leh...

Hi, I've send e-mails to them but no reply.
I always can't buy from overseas spree if they never activate their PM.

Can anyone help? How to "upgrade", already a year!!!!sigh

Hey guys,

Take a look at this!

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/1248994.html?1203147866

i tot only members who have joined for 1 year then they are allowed to set up a spree/ or sell things. I can't even post and sell but this new member can. How come this new member can sell ah? What logic is this? Not fair lei.... When i start posting my items for sale, ppl come after me then this new member very "TOK GONG" lei. If she can, i also can lah.

So, which intermediate member can still say must wait for a year before new/junior member can conduct a spree? So misleading....

So, which intermediate member can still say must wait for a year before new/junior member can conduct a spree? So misleading....

nirvana,
in this forum, usually when we say 'spree', we mean the sprees at the Overseas Sprees section. That section is restricted.

for the other section which must pay, we usually call those BPs (Bulk Purchase).

I dont understand the logic behind a new member being able to organise a BP because its a paying thread and yet restricted from conducting an overseas spree because its non paying thread.

Should not the new member be restricted from doing both to protect the interest of the rest of the forum members?

I think either way, we are at the "mercy" of the member organising the spree or BP as we usually transfer the money before we receive the goods.

Hi over the rainbow,

They scared we cheat, i think. as overseas sprees are usually more costly than local ones. But in BP, there are also alot of overseas sprees but the organisers call them BP. How ironic, haha

Hi,

I really hate the 1 year restriction!!! Make our life so troublesome. We need to email to order for the overseas sprees..... complaints also no use!!!

Hi sharoncpl,

Just to let u know what's the meaning of an overseas spree. An overseas spree is where we purchase from an overseas online store and pricings are transparent to all of us. Purpose of organising an overseas spree is to share shipping costs. This is very different from a BP where the organiser maybe getting their stuff from an overseas supplier.

I believe there is a purpose that CL impose the 1 yr restrictions. In other overseas sprees forum, there's even more strict restrictions on been qualifying to be an organiser which I came across.

Dear members of less than a year,
SMH has come a long way and one point there was so much bulk purchase n sprees going on that it take up so much bandwidth and memory space. Later, we found out many of such sprees and big purchases were actually conducted by profiteers and not genuine mummmies who want to share out the cost. This business people get to earn bulk bucks and yet need not pay a single cent to post on this forum. To prevent such abuse from continuing, after many brainstorming with the moderators and feedback from members. Chin Leng has no choice but to come out with such policies. Maintaining this forum requires lots of money and as members we do not pay a cent to use it. Pls be understanding before jumping the gun and criticise the moderators who are volunteering their services in this forum.

hi i just hope that WE as new memebers can post in spree section. as i want to join not selling.

sometimes its kinda mafan especially those fast spree like leapforg, when PM slot alredy taken so no chance for me.

Hi,me have been member a yr and how come i still can't post on wts or overseas spree.

May i noe how do i activate it to go about???

Hi,me 2 have been member a yr and i still can't post on wts or overseas spree.

May i noe how do i activate it to go about?

thks

I have no way to contact Chin Leng. Have PM &amp; E-mail. Can you pls advise how I can partipate in WTS &amp; Spree?

I'm already 1 yr member. And I think my post shld be enough to partipate right?

think may be they should change the setting, instead of restricting new members to post in WTS &amp; spree, they should change to only restricting people to start a thread, but still able to post to participate.

Esther : I agree with you. If Chin Leng replied to anyone e-mail, can pls inform her our problem?

I have e-mail PM so many times regards other matter but no reply too.

Yes, I agree with you.

I saw my colleague on spree the other day, so I thought instead of troubling her to get the stuffs, I will set up my own account.

However, to my dismay, I am not able to join any spree and purchase stuffs from overseas, as this 'privilege' requires a 1-year active membership.

Hmm, is it possible to review this 'restriction'?

By the way, being a greenhorn here, may I know what do the acronyms 'PM' and 'WTS' mean?

Hi moderators, I'll like to know how to apply to post on the WTS and overseas section too. Pls help. Thks

Me too, I'd like to know how to apply to post on the WTS and overseas section too. Please let me know what I need to do, thanks!

hi Me too, I'd like to know how to apply to post on the WTS and overseas section too. Please let me know what I need to do, thanks a lot

Ling Lee,

Pm means the msg you type will be send to the person you want to contact via the system to their e-mail

WTS means wanted to sell.
happy.gif

Hi all,

Sorry that I wasn't able to reply to all your emails.

Those who had registered in Mar 2007 and have been participating in the forum, are now able to join the WTS and Overseas spree sections. An email has been sent to you.

To other members,
there is no need of application. Members who are eligible will be able to participate in the Restricted Marketplace by middle of the month upon hitting the one year registration, eg. those who registered in Apr 2007, will be able to participate by mid-April 2008. You will be notified by email.

Of course, you can still write to me for clarification or if you did not receive my email notification when you should.

Thanks.

Regards
Bee Lee

Back