<b>Appealing for Help: Mother on Dialysis</b>

My mother was diagnosed with kidney failure and had to go for dialysis 3 times a week. Due to her poor state of health, she had to give up her job as a stall vendor as the job is too physically demanding. The dialysis fees are already causing a financial strain on the family. She needs a job. Can anyone recommend / suggest / look out for a job suitable for her? Thanks so much.

hi troubled daughter... what kind of job can your mom do?? I am looking for part time domestic cleaner to come by my place for 3 hours, twice a week. To do vacumming, mopping, cleaning of 2 toilets, clean &amp; dust furniture and ironing of shirts. I can pay S$10 per hour.

Do contact me at [email protected] if you are interested. I am staying in a condo at West Coast.

hi mummynen, thanks for the offer. i'm afraid tat she may not be up to the job due to her poor health. she often feels giddy after her dialysis n can barely manage hsewrk.

my mother can converse in basic english, mandarin, malay n dialects such as hokkien n teochew. sadly, she is nt computer literate hence data entry jobs r out for her.

i wld prefer tat my mom gets a home based job (but i cant tink of any) or cashiering job which is nt so laborious. she has tried askin ard (for cashiering jobs) but has been unsuccessful cos of her dialysis schedule. she has to go for dialysis 3 times a week and 4 hours each session.

headache. sigh.

hi troubled daughter.. i see. in that case, you can try approaching the CDC in your area for help to find suitable jobs for your mom. cashiering job may be less tiring, but most of the time, she may be required to stand which may not be good for her.

Wish you all the best and take care.

Hi Troubled Daughter,

Can try seeking MP's help to pay for the dialysis fee.

Can also try to seek social's worker's help for job availability.

PM me if you need more info, have a friend who is a social worker, I can ask her for more advice.

Hi Trouble Daughter,
when the hospital started the Dialysis, u can ask them to refer u to the medical social worker. the medical social worker mayb able to help u up. BTW, have yr mum started dialysis?

hi michael / joyce

my mom has started dialysis. i'm nt sure if social worker can render us any help cos she's undergoing dialysis @ a pte dialysis ctr nearby our place. her health insurance policy is co-paying for 90% of the fees but the remainin 10% is still quite a substantial sum to us. we have also approached nkf and went thru the assessment. we declined the placement offer cos it was too far away (in a different estate) and the sum worked out to be similar as we had to factor in transport too.

we have approached CDC for suitable job openings. my mom is oso trying to pick up computer skills nw. hopefully she can get a clerical job.

Hi,

Considered moving to the place near to the dialysis center? Big decision but it is one option available to you.

hello,

Ever consider using the water dialysis ?? more convenient to use the water dialysis at home, night time can use the machine. I saw my ex father in law use the water dialysis for ard 2 years before he passed on due to the heart arrest. Ur mum could try this water machine at night and free up more time to go work in daytime.

Back