Avent versus Amedela versus Medela

queenie08

hi ladies, i'm looking for a pump to buy as mine recently just died.

I'm deciding between the 3 brands - but not certain which to go for

I have used the Medela mini single pump and the Avent electric Uno Pump. My take on them :

Avent Uno Pump

---------------

- I do find the Avent one really good in terms of emptying the breast

- But it somehow takes a long time to pump out 150ml (45min to an hour?)

- It spoils relatively easily (the one that just gave way was my 2nd Avent) Do any of you using the Avent one has this problem?

Medela Mini

------------

- light and fuss free

- extremely durable

- but it doesn't seem to empty the breast - always feel very full even when there is no milk coming out anymore.

I've not used the Amedela before - any comments?

I'm thinking of getting the Avent Dual - any thoughts?

I'm using Medela Pump In Style advance and I love it. 100ml in 10mins.

Previously I was using Avent single electric pump and I would say it's not flexible as Medela. My nipple is quite big and it got stuck to the soft shell that claim to stimulate let down effect. In the end i have to remove that piece of rubber but end up it leak badly. Further more can't control the vaccuum level; and I only can get 60ml in 30mins. (15mins each breast). I'm not sure about Avent Uno Pump though 'cos never use before.

Hi mummies,

I have a brand new bottle of GNC fenugreek (natural remedy to boost milk supply), willing to let go at $25 (including shipping), original price is $30+++.

boought it last last month, thought I needed it but nope!!

Interested, pls PM me, if not email me at [email protected]

i agree with BB; i too swapped from the avent pump to a medela one as i felt it took a long time to get just a little bit of milk from both breasts..now i am using the medela pump which can get 100ml(both breasts add together) within the same pumping time when i used the avent one

Hi Mummies,

I've got 1 x BN Avent Philips Steam Sterilizer (24hr model, the same as the above) - retailing at $199 sgd

Selling @ $160 cash please PM me if interested.

hi

i m selling my avent duo ISIS pump. Used it for 1 yr and in good condition. Am selling at $380. Please pm me if you are interested.

Hi sweetsnow. I've tried both since the time I posted my enquiry in the forum. I still prefer avent duo. We had a few converts in the office. Unlike the avent UNO the duo is more stable and less prone to problems.

For users who mention th cap popping up all the time. It's due the ensembling of the parts. You should put in the white tiny rubber funnel before the cap. It works perfect for me till now. I'm into my 9 months of nursing.

But 1 thing about the duo. It cannot operate without a ac outlet. So if I go biz trips for convenience I borrow my colleague's hygenia. That is one pump that o oh so love.

I'm thankful that there's many nursing mummies in my office and we share pumps on occasion when we want to try out different brands or if we simple forget some parts...

Oh yes.pump times are 15 to 20 mins for 300ml. Way way faster the medals. Even with the hygenia ... That brand is pretty similar to avent duo.

Hi Kin, thanks for the info. I am convinced that avent is a good choice. But I must say avent is smart to have their pump size in the way that only avent bottles will fit. Avent bottles not cheap

That's true. Or u can get bottle converters. I use a selection of pigeon bottles and avent. So after each pump I transfer all the milk into the pigeon bottles. The pigeon bottles hold up to 200 ml. But that's to the brim ... The small avent boules up to 150 ml to the brim.

By the way the other brand I mention is hygeia. It found on the site of mums fairy

Hi all, I have a brand new, unused, Avent Single Electric Breast pump for sale. It is still in original box packaging. I've bought this in June 2011 but did not get to use it as I managed to find my old Avent pump before the birth of my second baby.

For your info, the retail price is S$299 but I am selling it at $209 (30% discount).

If interested, please email me at [email protected]

Cheers,

Christine

Hi 

I m stopping breast feeding and selling my breast pump.

Philips Avent Twin Electronic Breast Pump 

Local set with warranty till Mar 2013

Include manual pump conversion kit

Cd on guide to breast feeding

Bag for the pump including ice packsx4 n insulator bagsx2

A set of nipple protectors

Honey color 260ml avent bottle x2 used only to contain milk when pumping. Bpa free 

Honey color 125ml avent bottle x2 inclusive of teats. Brand new bpa free 

Translucent 125ml avent bottle x 1 inclusive of teats. Brand new. 

2x avent pacifier 3-6 mths bpa free

Got it at $599. Willing to let go at $450 as it is still under warranty. Will provide receipt. Warranty can change for brand new set in case of breakdown. But it is very new.

Self collect at Bedok area. Pls pm me if keen. Tnx

Hi,

I've the following Medela Swing Pump to let go.

It still have 10mth local warranty.

Collection at Jurong East Mrt or Imm

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/6175694.jpg]

Medela Breast Pump In Style for RENT

Medela Breast Pump In Style for RENT

The Pump In Style Advanced is an all-in-one solution ideal for working mothers. Its technology is based on the latest results of research.

• Proven to be the best selling double electric breastpump worldwide

• Maximum efficiency: double pumping and 2-Phase Expression for maximum time saving

• Always be mobile: the Pump In Style Advanced was designed for frequent use away from home

• Easy to handle: all-in-one solution - perfect for transporting and cooling breastmilk

• Convenience: vacuum levels can easily be set using only one button

If you are having hard time expressing your milk, Medela Breast Pump in Style will help to increase milk supply. I personally experience it the reason I bought the Medela Breast Pump in Style because they use it in the hospital to help me express my milk. I decide to rent it out if you are interested you can call or message me at 92480087 for more details.

Philips Avent single electronic breast pump for sales !!

Used only e. Come w 1 1/2 boxes of breast pad.

Bought in nov 2011

Selling at $180 neg. Interested pls call 96682276

Hi,

I've a rarely used Philips Avent single electronic breast pump for sale at $160 neg. Condition 9/10.

Bought on 27 Aug 2011, comes with 2 year warranty - Receipt will b presented upon request.

Selling it as I bought a dual pump.

Self Collection at Seng Kang

Please Pm me. Thanks.

Hi,

I have a Philips Twin Electronic Breast Pump for sale.

Bought it in May 2011 and was used for 6 months.

Package includes following:

- Cd on guide to breast feeding

- Carrier Bag to store breast pumps and kits while on the go

- 2 Yellow colored 125ml avent bottle inclusive of teats. Used bpa free

- 2 extra diaphgrams and 3 extra white valves

Willing to let go at $350.

Self Collection at Central.

Please email me at [email protected]

I have the following for sale: 1. Full set of Ameda Lactaline Dual Breast Pump, condition 8/10, used for 5mths Only, foc cooler bag n ice pkg. Warranty until April 2012. Selling at $230. 2. Medela harmony manual breast pump, condition 8/10. Selling at $40. Pls contact me at 91812432. Do not pm me. I seldom check. Thks.

i have a Medela Pump In Style to rent out.

This is the old model and ideal for people who were not sure and wish to try it out.

it comes with the following:

2 x 24 mm PersonalFit breastshields

2 x PersonalFit breastshield connectors

2 x valves and membranes

1 x Power cord adaptor

1 x Battery pack (8 AA batteries not included)

2 tubings

**pls note that bottles and on-the-go bag will not be included**

rental fees:

1 week - $25

2 weeks - $40

1 month - $60

- a refundable deposit of $50 is required.

- self-collection at Sembawang MRT / Sun Plaza

pls whatsapp / sms to 9879 5299 for fast deal

I have very good condition (9.5/10) ameda dual breastpump (used < 5 times) in box with manual. No warranty. Comes along with Pumpin pal Hands-free breast pumping strap (very useful, as hands free) and Pumpin Pal Super Shields. Total price $160. Collection sengkang.

Back