AUTISM, ADHD, ADD, etc - SUPPORT GROUP!

There are 2 fb group (Singapore based) I know of.

1) Casper Group (Secret group) for Special Needs kids in SG, who went KK for assessment, but I believe they accept other kids based in SG
2) Education and Austic Kids in Singapore (closed group) for any Special Needs kids in SG.

You can find support or related help in these groups if the info over here is insufficient.

Has anyone enrolled their child at AWWA school in Hougang?

Im about to enter my daughter into the EIPIC program and the lady from sgenable suggested this facility because of its proximity to our bto. I was told that we'd be on the waitlist for at least half a year but it is alot shorter than the Meta school in Punggol which has at least 1yr waiting period.

There are 2 fb group (Singapore based) I know of.

1) Casper Group (Secret group) for Special Needs kids in SG, who went KK for assessment, but I believe they accept other kids based in SG
2) Education and Austic Kids in Singapore (closed group) for any Special Needs kids in SG.

You can find support or related help in these groups if the info over here is insufficient.

Thank you!!
Do you know how to get into these support groups?
I tried to search on facebook but could not find any information at all, Probably due to the group Settings.

Just to share, there is another Facebook closed group - Singapore Autism - Parents need Support too!.

Faithmymmy1706,
You need to click Join and wait for the administrator of the group to approve before you can access.

@cookie_m
When did your son start to show significant improvement? Right After he started EPIC (for asd) or only last 1 year?
You have done a lot to help him. What do you think is the major factor that led to his significant improvement?
Actually I think maybe your son did not have asd in the first place, he was just a late boomer.
Anyway, your story is really encouraging and give me a lot of hopes.

Has anyone enrolled their child at AWWA school in Hougang?

Im about to enter my daughter into the EIPIC program and the lady from sgenable suggested this facility because of its proximity to our bto. I was told that we'd be on the waitlist for at least half a year but it is alot shorter than the Meta school in Punggol which has at least 1yr waiting period.

For AWWA, it is a 4-5 days of EIPIC per week, and you need someone (guardian/parent/maid etc) to be around.

For Meta Pre-school@Punggol, yes, it is very popular, hence the long waiting time. But they don't have an in-house ST, hence the roving ST sees each child at most 1-2 times per 6 months. So if speech is a problem, don't enrol at Meta Pre-school@Punggol.

The effectiveness of the EIPIC is very much dependent on the condition and severity of the child, the type of program the EIPIC centre provides.

For AWWA, it is a 4-5 days of EIPIC per week, and you need someone (guardian/parent/maid etc) to be around.

For Meta Pre-school@Punggol, yes, it is very popular, hence the long waiting time. But they don't have an in-house ST, hence the roving ST sees each child at most 1-2 times per 6 months. So if speech is a problem, don't enrol at Meta Pre-school@Punggol.

The effectiveness of the EIPIC is very much dependent on the condition and severity of the child, the type of program the EIPIC centre provides.
Thanks, abbba!

My daughter needs speech therapy so i guess ill queue for AWWA. Based on her last screening the doc couldn't diagnose her with asd. I was just told that she has signs (ie. speech delay) but she was also responding to the doc and her med students -- dd played with them in the doc's office. I was happy she gave us referral for EIPIC. Anything that can help my baby, i will do :)

January we will start therapy at KK while waiting for awwa.

Dear bs1970,
Early intervention helped my child progress say in the area of gross motor and fine motor skills.

The leap in progress started when I gave him high dose probiotics and methyl b12. I felt that these 2 supplements helped him a lot. He became more aware of his surroundings, able to regulate himself better and have fewer tantrums. In the past, I had to manage at least 20 tantrums in a day and I don't know what would trigger him or what would be unacceptable for him. It was highly stressful. I didn't realize the big effect probiotics had on him until we stopped that for a while when he was sick and given antibiotics. That week, he tantrumed badly. He kicked up such a big fuss in the bus coz he didn't get to use his ex link card to tap on the system that my mom who brought him back from Eipic had to alight earlier to calm him down at a playground. My mom was utterly exhausted. That made me realize the powerful effect of probiotics on him and the negative effect of antibiotics on him.

When he finished his antibiotics and was back on probiotics, there was a leap in higher order thinking skills like hiding his big brother shoes somewhere else to play with him and developing better conversations with others. The conversation skills took time though. I mean he can talk but conversational skills whereby he listen to what other people are interested to talk about and to respond to other people's interest took time to heal.

As a christian, I feel that God is the ultimate healer. Because my boy can talk, I made him confess "by Jesus stripes, I am healed" and to thank God for the milk before he drinks it. So he has been confessing God's word for at least 2 to 3 years. I brought him to Christian healing rallies, so that those who have the gift of healing can lay hands on him. I am so blessed by good people who prayed over him. Ultimately, God is the healer. Sometimes, He works through people.

I also told God I forgave all the people who wronged me in my life so that God can release blessing into my life and my child's life. I also started to tithe faithfully. My husband and I also regularly pray together for our child's complete restoration.

God is faithful. I used to wonder if people with asd can believe in God. My child believes in God now and recognizes Jesus as the Messiah. At his last pd visit, the doctor had a long conversation with him. After evaluating him, she felt that he would not qualify for asd diagnosis. Even if we were to bring him to the psychologists for official assessment, he would not meet the criteria. All glory to God!

Hi cookie_m

May I know how much did you give your child methyl b12? So far, most of the product are more for adult.

Hi Cookie,

I'm new. My kid is 5yr old and teachers and us think he might have autism as he doesn't socialize and now his tantrums are getting more frequent. Am waiting to review at kkh. Would need your advise. do you think 5 yr old may take longer to heal? he still communicate with us fluently though. You mentioned your son made a big fuss for simple thing like didn't get a chance to tap the ezylink card. My kid is just like that. Have you found a good way to tackle such tantrums because sometimes we didn't know we just accidentally created issues for him to throw tantrums. other cases like if I press the lift and forgot to let him do it, tantrum kicks in too. need your advise how to tackle tantrums.

I have pmed you too.

Hi , just tried to finish reading this thread for info. I have a 4 year old who is suspected for having adhd but the occupational therapist says that they do not diagnose until he turns 6 so we just keep on working on him and wait.

I have a 25 month old who was just being referred to Kkh for autistic review. And referred to eipic so in the process of waiting too...

Hi,

I suspect my son having ASD. He is 2 yrs 5 months and still does not utter any word. When i called him, sometimes he will respond while sometime not.
I did some research and parents mentioned their child improves after taking GFCF diet. I am still trying GFCF diet and so far not successfully as refuse to eat.
Any parent have any experience to share on giving child GFCF diet?
Any parent aware of any milk that is GFCF?

Thank you

Hi All...

I am glad to find this thread. I have a 3 year old son who is diagnosed with High Functioning Autism (used to be called Asperger). He is attending Rainbow Centre for 1 year already, and he undergoes Speech therapy in the Rainbow Centre itself. He improved so much in the past 1 year in terms of the communication, language and social skills. He can express his wantings now... Sometimes his feelings, ie. I am hungry, I want to play water. But he still has difficulty in engaging a meaningful 2-way conversation. But he is improving day by day.

He is very active.... He is on Neocate as he has milk allergy. But we accidently discovered that the Neocate is the one that is causing him to be hyperactive. So I cut it completely. Now he is on brown rice beverage (as milk) mix with almond milk. He is toned down a lot. His food.. very very little choices, because he is a picky eater.. He can go without food actually. So, for me, the most important thing is for him to eat.. He only eat Chicken rice, rice with omelette, rice with fried fish, rice with chicken nugget and bee hoon. He rejects fruit since as long as i can remember. He cannot stand the texture of fruit, even if it just touching his tongue. All my children loves durian. I tried putting a small small amount of durian in his mouth and he actually gagged. It was just touching his tongue.

recently, his mood and behaviour become very unexpected when he is outside. If there is something that he doesn't like, he will throw tantrum; lie down on the floor, or cry and screaming, or running away. One time is when we brought him to Ikea on Saturday. There was a lot of people. He didn't allow me to stop to look at things. He keep pulling me to go to the exit. When I don't allow, he will lie down on the floor. When I scold him, he will run away..

The other time, I was bringing him home in a stroller. Suddenly he saw a dump truck toy in some shop. He immediately get down of the stroller, and run there. No matter how much talking and bargaining I did, he insisted to buy the toy. I didn't want to buy the toy. He start screaming. So I carried him.. But he is so heavy, so I have to put him down... then he ran and dashed through carpark (those HDB carkpark, not multi-story)!! Even I walked away, he didn't care.. so I have to walk towards him.. he will chased me.. but then he ran away and dashed across the carpark again. In the end I beat his arm.. he agreed to be carried by me.. but halfway, he struggled to come down and ran away and dashed yet another time across the carpark. Luckily that carpark don't have that many cars. I was very very frustrated.. and I myself cannot handle stress well, especially when things don't go my way. So I shouted at him... and he lie down on the floor... That was about 15 mins after he start the meltdown. Then agreed to be carried home.. It was soooo exhausting physically and mentally.. He was not like that usually. but that week, he throw tantrum everytime I bring him out. He loves to go out actually. But it makes me not want to bring him out anymore.

I am curious.. do you bring out your active autistic child to run errand with you? Because as I know autistic child prefer to have a schedule or agenda.. I really would love to bring my son out for some impromptu shopping trip, etc.. but it seems like it is impossible now. i actually tried showing him an agenda in flashcard form before we go out, including what I expect from him (in flash card). It seems to be working.. but I am not sure whether the flashcard works or it was just a lucky day for me..

I would love to hear stories from other mommies who have autistic child but very active...

Cheers!

Hi I have a 5 years old coming 6 year old special needs child too...need support for other mummies..feeling very low at times and I wanna make more friend from this group.when I bring him out with my friends and their kids.he is always alone while the rest are having fun.he tends to get bullied at times too. He has been attending Intervention since 2...attending speech therapy occupational therapy.tried neurofeedback and is now on cranial therapy.i love him lots but there are times really get on my nerves too.

Hi All...

I am glad to find this thread. I have a 3 year old son who is diagnosed with High Functioning Autism (used to be called Asperger). He is attending Rainbow Centre for 1 year already, and he undergoes Speech therapy in the Rainbow Centre itself. He improved so much in the past 1 year in terms of the communication, language and social skills. He can express his wantings now... Sometimes his feelings, ie. I am hungry, I want to play water. But he still has difficulty in engaging a meaningful 2-way conversation. But he is improving day by day.

He is very active.... He is on Neocate as he has milk allergy. But we accidently discovered that the Neocate is the one that is causing him to be hyperactive. So I cut it completely. Now he is on brown rice beverage (as milk) mix with almond milk. He is toned down a lot. His food.. very very little choices, because he is a picky eater.. He can go without food actually. So, for me, the most important thing is for him to eat.. He only eat Chicken rice, rice with omelette, rice with fried fish, rice with chicken nugget and bee hoon. He rejects fruit since as long as i can remember. He cannot stand the texture of fruit, even if it just touching his tongue. All my children loves durian. I tried putting a small small amount of durian in his mouth and he actually gagged. It was just touching his tongue.

recently, his mood and behaviour become very unexpected when he is outside. If there is something that he doesn't like, he will throw tantrum; lie down on the floor, or cry and screaming, or running away. One time is when we brought him to Ikea on Saturday. There was a lot of people. He didn't allow me to stop to look at things. He keep pulling me to go to the exit. When I don't allow, he will lie down on the floor. When I scold him, he will run away..

The other time, I was bringing him home in a stroller. Suddenly he saw a dump truck toy in some shop. He immediately get down of the stroller, and run there. No matter how much talking and bargaining I did, he insisted to buy the toy. I didn't want to buy the toy. He start screaming. So I carried him.. But he is so heavy, so I have to put him down... then he ran and dashed through carpark (those HDB carkpark, not multi-story)!! Even I walked away, he didn't care.. so I have to walk towards him.. he will chased me.. but then he ran away and dashed across the carpark again. In the end I beat his arm.. he agreed to be carried by me.. but halfway, he struggled to come down and ran away and dashed yet another time across the carpark. Luckily that carpark don't have that many cars. I was very very frustrated.. and I myself cannot handle stress well, especially when things don't go my way. So I shouted at him... and he lie down on the floor... That was about 15 mins after he start the meltdown. Then agreed to be carried home.. It was soooo exhausting physically and mentally.. He was not like that usually. but that week, he throw tantrum everytime I bring him out. He loves to go out actually. But it makes me not want to bring him out anymore.

I am curious.. do you bring out your active autistic child to run errand with you? Because as I know autistic child prefer to have a schedule or agenda.. I really would love to bring my son out for some impromptu shopping trip, etc.. but it seems like it is impossible now. i actually tried showing him an agenda in flashcard form before we go out, including what I expect from him (in flash card). It seems to be working.. but I am not sure whether the flashcard works or it was just a lucky day for me..

I would love to hear stories from other mommies who have autistic child but very active...

Cheers![/QUO
My son Is like a bull or jack russell too.he just run and run breaking free from us when we are out. He goes missing in mall and freak me out many times. No matter how you call him he will ignore and carry on.he also took the lift down many times and my heart stopped beating. He has no awareness.when we go put when we have to pram him very often. He couldn't talked till 3 so though he can talk now his speech is not clear.he wouldn't be able to tell people the parents names and contact.travelling overseas is a nightmare too.he has sensory issues so theme park like lego land or Disney land upsets him a lot too

Hi,

I suspect my son having ASD. He is 2 yrs 5 months and still does not utter any word. When i called him, sometimes he will respond while sometime not.
I did some research and parents mentioned their child improves after taking GFCF diet. I am still trying GFCF diet and so far not successfully as refuse to eat.
Any parent have any experience to share on giving child GFCF diet?
Any parent aware of any milk that is GFCF?

Thank you
My son spoke after 3.he attended speech therapy at 2 plus...better start intervention early

My son spoke after 3.he attended speech therapy at 2 plus...better start intervention early

Hi scattermun,

Where did u send yr son for therapy?
Kk appointment can only see one time in one or two times. Looking to find private one for him,

Me too. I took pain to ask friend or neighbors kid over to play but he not interested. End up he staying inside the room don't want to come out n mix w them

Hello everyone, blessed new year greetings!

Scattermum,
I noticed u didnt mention the condition of the special need. It would be great if u could, so we could all help support you and your son better:) Is he seeing Adida Shahab for the cranial therapy?

We, my son and I were seeing Adida Shahab on a regular weekly basis for passed 1year plus until our schedule starting getting heavy due to having prepped and finally sat for his PSLE last year. My 12yr old is chd with dyslexia and adhd:)

Hi scattermun,

Where did u send yr son for therapy?
Kk appointment can only see one time in one or two times. Looking to find private one for him,

Me too. I took pain to ask friend or neighbors kid over to play but he not interested. End up he staying inside the room don't want to come out n mix w them

hi, my son went for the cel pilot programme that time so we sent him to dynamics at forum which is one of the centre identified. When he was attending the early intervention there they have weekly group speech and occupational therapy. On top of it i also sign him up for private speech therapy with them.one to one session once a week. Then after we switch him to a inclusion preschool. They offer private one to one session too which we have to for out extra.the fees are ex but no choice.is about 130 to 160 per session

Hello everyone, blessed new year greetings!

Scattermum,
I noticed u didnt mention the condition of the special need. It would be great if u could, so we could all help support you and your son better:) Is he seeing Adida Shahab for the cranial therapy?

We, my son and I were seeing Adida Shahab on a regular weekly basis for passed 1year plus until our schedule starting getting heavy due to having prepped and finally sat for his PSLE last year. My 12yr old is chd with dyslexia and adhd:)

My child has not been diagnosed yet.he was a late talker started after three.weak social play.has sensory issues always covering his ears when he hears certain pitch or so.poor attention can't focus. He is not able to write very weak grip.but cognitive not too bad.seems like asd or adhd.but I'm confused some say he is just slow.some say asd.kkh doctor and ep says assessment not important as the interventions will be the same.dont need to label him.my cranial therapist Horatius say he is not asd or adhd.
Can I check how do u find cranial therapy? How does it work for your child. I just started

hi, my son went for the cel pilot programme that time so we sent him to dynamics at forum which is one of the centre identified. When he was attending the early intervention there they have weekly group speech and occupational therapy. On top of it i also sign him up for private speech therapy with them.one to one session once a week. Then after we switch him to a inclusion preschool. They offer private one to one session too which we have to for out extra.the fees are ex but no choice.is about 130 to 160 per session

Hi scattermun,

Is dynamics at forum good? Thinking to send my son there for some private threapy

Hi scattermun,

Is dynamics at forum good? Thinking to send my son there for some private threapy
The early intervention team was great.my son benefited a lot from there. As for occupational and speech they have many therapists there.usually u go for an assessment first then u will be allocated one which is able to meet your timing.take note alomost all are foreigners.my son had a very loving therapist but she went back to Germany after she got married.

Hi All,
I came across some links online & joined this forum/group. My son (DOB Oct 2011) was diagnosed with ASD (speech delay, no eye contact, unable to focus, etc) approx 18 months back at a private clinic since the waiting time for diagnosis at KKH was too long. He has been going for OT & ST at private center in East Coast & we have seen fantastic improvements. We applied for EIPIC program and are in wait-list, 6-12 mths waiting time.

Initially (18 mths back) he was enrolled at Shaws & since they weren't able to understand how to work with him, we moved to Montessori for Children. The staff at M are really helpful & trying their best to help / work with him but are unable to dedicate the structured environment & one on attention to cater to his special needs. We have been informed by various Therapists / Counselors that he needs to be in a normal school environment rather than a special needs school while he is undergoing OT & ST.

Appreciate some feedback & suggestions on availability options for normal schools who are willing to take child with special needs around East Coast area. I came across St Gerard's School, Mountbatten Road (offering Integrated Program) but don't have any feedback/reviews on this school or their program. Does anyone have any comments about St Gerard's School? Are there any other schools and what are their reviews? Any preferences....appreciate any feedback.

Hi All,
I came across some links online & joined this forum/group. My son (DOB Oct 2011) was diagnosed with ASD (speech delay, no eye contact, unable to focus, etc) approx 18 months back at a private clinic since the waiting time for diagnosis at KKH was too long. He has been going for OT & ST at private center in East Coast & we have seen fantastic improvements. We applied for EIPIC program and are in wait-list, 6-12 mths waiting time.

Initially (18 mths back) he was enrolled at Shaws & since they weren't able to understand how to work with him, we moved to Montessori for Children. The staff at M are really helpful & trying their best to help / work with him but are unable to dedicate the structured environment & one on attention to cater to his special needs. We have been informed by various Therapists / Counselors that he needs to be in a normal school environment rather than a special needs school while he is undergoing OT & ST.

Appreciate some feedback & suggestions on availability options for normal schools who are willing to take child with special needs around East Coast area. I came across St Gerard's School, Mountbatten Road (offering Integrated Program) but don't have any feedback/reviews on this school or their program. Does anyone have any comments about St Gerard's School? Are there any other schools and what are their reviews? Any preferences....appreciate any feedback.
Hi,I faced the same issues as you.when I put my child in normal childcare he doesn't seemed to fit in.at that time he was doing 3 days eip and 2 days childcare. His eip teacher who I love dearly was sharing with me that is time for my little one to move on to normal school. So we change him to a mainstream school with inclusion programme in the east side too. He gets to attend mainstream and eip at the same time.also we topped up for additional private St and Ot. The staff was nice except there were changes to deployment when the teachers ended their contract.however the fees were very high and is taking a strain on our finances.last Nov a friend recommended St Gérard to us.we spoke to the principal and she is really very passionate and has a calling for our special needs children. The fees is very reasonable and I just started my son there this week.since it has only been a week I can't provide much feedback to you.but a few of my son gym classmate are also there.sorry my pm is not working so you can contact me from here and I would love to share more with you

Hi thought of enrolling my son for OT n ST at wee care or dynamics.

Any good reviews?

R the centers only provided therapy session do they have preschool session with inclusion programs ?

Hi LouisHui
Did u sign up for the Talk on the Gut and the Brain organised by The Olive Tree? If you have not, I urge you to.
I missed this same talk organised by SPARK during their monthly mtgs, and will have to miss this one too this week, cos I am fully booked to attend other health talks this whole week.

Hi LouisHui
Did u sign up for the Talk on the Gut and the Brain organised by The Olive Tree? If you have not, I urge you to.
I missed this same talk organised by SPARK during their monthly mtgs, and will have to miss this one too this week, cos I am fully booked to attend other health talks this whole week.

Hi miracle_bebe, just realised I can't go to the talk because of work :( Maybe next time.

Hi,

I thinking of sending my son to a private early intervention center.

Can any one provide me some feedback on the following center?

1) kaleidoscope
2) total communication
3) dynamics success
4) treetop therapy

Thank

The early intervention team was great.my son benefited a lot from there. As for occupational and speech they have many therapists there.usually u go for an assessment first then u will be allocated one which is able to meet your timing.take note alomost all are foreigners.my son had a very loving therapist but she went back to Germany after she got married.

Hi scattermum,

My hubby n I went for a center visit yesterday at dynamics. We hv book a assessment next week.

Can I check w u. Which "level" of the threapist is assigned to yr kids. May I know roughly the charges per hour/ visit

Hi scattermum,

My hubby n I went for a center visit yesterday at dynamics. We hv book a assessment next week.

Can I check w u. Which "level" of the threapist is assigned to yr kids. May I know roughly the charges per hour/ visit

Really depends on their schedule and time. You don't really get to choose but most of them are nice.u going for OT or St.they have packages if you take package is 10 percent to cheaper or so.if i recall correctly per session is an hour is about 150 per visit.
We spent a slot of money on therapies. Sigh

Hi,

1) kaleidoscope
2) total communication
3) dynamics success
4) treetop therapy

Thank

Hi sunday88,

I am a Special Ed teacher at HeadStart for Life where I coordinate educational programmes. May I ask if you are looking for a specific therapy service? I noticed that you have been searching for a suitable place that can help your child especially for ST and OT.

Just to let you know, HeadStart offers therapeutic services exclusively to children between 2 to 16 years old in Speech Therapy , Occupational therapy , Play therapy and Social Skills training. HeadStart also offers educational programmes that encompasses all the therapy services as well as academic areas that will help your child's intervention in a holistic nature.

If you are interested, we are having a lunar new year special where we are offering a free screening for Speech Therapy, Occupational Therapy and Social Skills training. The screening will enable you to better understand what kind of help your child will require and the possible treatment that can be provided for your child.

Please check us out at www.headstartforlife.com.sg or reach us at [email protected] and tel: 68933171 if you would like to enquire further.

HeadStart is located at 46, East Coast Road (next to Roxy Square)

Hope you can consider and looking forward to hearing from you. Happy New Year!

Capture2 (1).JPG

Hi,

1) kaleidoscope
2) total communication
3) dynamics success
4) treetop therapy

Thank

My child visit kaleidoscope. He's with Callie Scott for speech therapy for a year. I would Callie is very passionate about her job but I won't recommend her because she will be going on maternity leave from April onwards. As she's expecting her 3rd child, she might or might not continue being a therapist for the centre.

As for OT, my child work with Gerald Goh from the same centre. I highly recommend him for OT as Gerald himself is like a big child, he can play with children really well!

Other than that, I been to Thomson Pediatric before, the one at Novena medics centre. The therapists I work with made me feel like... they are working for the sake of living... Not much enthusiasm in them.... Sorry it could only just me...

I been to Happy Talk as well, can't remember what's the therapist's name but I feel she is very passionate on her job as well! Will recommend her if your child only needs ST alone. I didn't continue with her because my child needs both ST and OT thus I would prefer a centre which provides both. That's why I ended with kaleidoscope and I am happy so far..

Hope this helps!

Hi strong and brave mothers in this support group,

I know this will sound weird. I maybe too anxious and paranoid about my baby girl's behavior, after all she is just 4-month now. But I really want to ask your help to try to recall your kids' behaviors when they were my girl's age.

Why I suspect she has autism? (So far she doesn't miss any milestones.)

1) She loves to turn her head to right side. When I tickled her at left side while she could not see me, she ignored me. I talk to her at left side sometimes she turns her head to look at me sometimes she doesn't. When I pull her up to sitting position, her head immediately turns right. That's weird right? She sleeps facing right side.

2) She obsesses with fist/finger sucking. Her favorite self-entertainment is playing with her hands in front of her face and sucking them. She can lying on bed making "ee..er..oh.." sounds (like talking to herself) and sucking fingers.

3) When she is lying on her back, her hands don't reach out for toys. I shake toys to play with her, she has eye contact with me and she looks at the toy too, but she doesn't raise her arms to reach out for it.

4) When I point her eyes dont follow the direction, instead she just looks at me. For example, my husband is next to me, I say "look at daddy" and point to daddy, she doesn't follow.

5) Feeding cry. When she is hungry wants to be fed she cries, when she doesn't want to drink milk she cries too. The two kinds of cry sound the same. Weird? Aren't books say that infant makes different crying sounds to indicate different needs?

6) She is not sensitive to caregiver's voice. When she cannot see me and I call her name or talk to her, she simply ignores my voice. She doesn't look out for me when she hears me. I have to push my face into her eyes then she is aware I am here. Is this normal?

Thank you so much!
Hi mummy, i believe it is still too early to suspect a 4-month old. Relax and continue to observe. Your baby is still considered an infant. You may want to mention this to the pedia or gp during the next well-baby check up. Im sure they will advise you appropriately

Back