Assessment books for primary schools

hippo2002

hi mommies

- any recommendations for <font color="aa00aa">English, Maths, Chinese, Science</font> assessment books ?

- which publisher is particular good for which subject?

- do the exercises in those books follow MOE syllabus closely?

Thanks for sharing
happy.gif

hi hippo,

i have purchased lots of assessments books for my girl, but she is unable to finish all of them.

as for maths, i found the "MATHS-CA and SA Papers" by DR. SHEEJA, published by Success Publications quite good-have lots of thinking quetions, i used this book to teach her during her first year in primary school. i also bought past year papers for her to do. in addition, i also bought "Top Schools' Exam Papers & Model answers" published by Amazing Books and "IQ Maths" published by CASCO to let her practice. when my girl is K2, i used "Challenging MATHS" published by EPH to teach her. i found lots of MATHS assessment books do follow MOE syllabus.

for chinese, books published by EPH, Victoria Publicaiton, LEARNERS do follow MOE syllabus closely but you have to buy the latest version. some books that focus specifically on comprehension are available too.

for english, i bought books such as: "Classroom Comprehension", "Comprehension Graphic Stimulus Cloze", "Cloze Fast Forward", "English Exam Papers" published by EPH, CASCO, Success Publications, LEARNERS, SAP for her to practice. as i come from a chinese speaking family, i am unable to help her much in her english, so i let her have tuitions on this subject. i teach her personally in chinese and maths.

for science, as my girl is only P2 this year, i have not yet bought any science assessment book.

hope this helps^^

Fabian Ng's assessment book is challenging. my kid's math tuition teacher loved it but my kid hated it. Well, my kid got a A for her PSLE math. So I guess it is good.

Hi Hippo 2002

For Maths, I like the following:

1) Maths Companion - Andrew Er
2) Challenging Maths - Andrew Er
3) Excel in Mathematics - Fabian Ng
4) Topical Maths - Jasmine Hung

All from EPH.

Hope it's useful to you.

Hi,

I got a few assessment books for diff areas.

*Comprehension Graphic Stimulus Cloze
*Synthesis &amp; Transformation (SAP)
*P3 Complete Practice Book for Grammar, Vocabulary &amp; Comprehension (EPH)
*Excel in Maths. Fabian Ng
*Challenging 4-in-1 Maths by Dawn Tai
*Step-by-step Maths by Simon Eio

For Science,
Helen Lee, Renee Chong and Patricia Chan are good writers.

I find two new titles by Fabian Ng very helpful
1. Mathematics Without Tears
2. Essential Review for PSLE.
However, it is kind of hard to find them in bookstores. A friend manage to get a copy of each for me from his centre directly.
Anyone interested can send email to [email protected].

OnSponge is a good book. Gives very good explanations.

Wondering if any parents' child is using My Pals Are Here! Math Homework Book by Bernice Lou P.W?
I am specifically looking at 4A

Back