Arm & Hammer Baking Soda

babythesaurus

Does anyone know where i can get the big packet (i think it's about 1kg)of the above?

I use it for household cleaning and used to get it in Yew Tee NTUC here but haven't seen it around lately.

6413477.jpg

I'm also a great fan of baking soda. Ntuc only sell the hammer brand at times, thus whenevr I happen to see them, I will buy at least 2 boxes. They usually have the smaller boxes, but i think bigger box more "hua suan".

As for the usage of baking soda: I always put some in a spray, add water , then spray on oily plates/cups etc, can also spray onto clothes, stove, whatever is dirty, but if i remember correctly, things made of aluminium, cannot use baking soda, cos will become black.
One great use of baking soda, is to clean the stains on melamine bowls/plates. Dry the bowl, and pour some baking soda onto the stained surface, then scrub, it is very very effective!! I do that periodically for my kids' melamine bowls, and always look like new ^^

Thanks for the household tips, Daffodils!

Will other brands of baking soda work as well? How much water to mix (ratio of baking soda to water)?

U r most welcome, mehui!
I think there are only 2 brands of baking soda avail at supermarts (correct me if I am wrong). So long as is baking soda, doesn't matter which brand.
As for the water ratio, I can't tell u exactly how much, cos I always "agar agar". U can try putting 1/2 teaspoon into your spray, then add water until u get the "soapiness" u desire. As for me, I usually test it by spraying some baking soda solution onto my fingers. Some level of soapiness is enough for normal spraying onto towels etc. FOr yr oily dishes, u may wanna use more baking soda . I keep 1 spray on top of my kitchen sink, and 1 spray in my toilet. After "big biz", I will flush the wc once, then spray baking soda on it, after a while, use water to to clean off the baking soda as I hate seeing whitish stains on my toilet seat. Can also wipe off with toilet paper.
I also use baking soda to wash my white clothes. I had tried it on my dark colored clothes, and they leave white streaks on them, so I stopped using.

Thanks for the detailed xeplanation
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Okay so the solution must be rather soapy. Will go find some later.

Back