Anyone Staying at Bukit Panjang or nearby?

Hi mummies,

Is there any activities or courses for 4yr old gals at the BP cc? Or is there any website that I can check it out?

Hi Jes, you can check out the classes for BP CC at the PA website:

http://one.pa.gov.sg/CRMSPortal/CRMSPortal.portal

happy.gif

Hi,

I'm looking for a childcare within BP area. Preferably NON aircon.

Mommies got any experiences/comments to share/advice me...

1. Ichiban Kiddie Kollege (Blk 631 Senja)
2. New Life (COVENANT EVANGELICAL FREE CHURCH)
3. Seedlings Patch (Fajar)
4. Noah's Ark (Fajar)

Hi mummies,

I have a can of 400g Similac follow-on formula expire 06 Oct 2010 and an abbott $3 discount voucher when purchase a 900g of Similac follow-on, voucher valid till 30 Sep 09 to let go, self collect at Senja Road or Orchard Road. Kindly pm me if interested.

hi zestless mum,

I did go with my hubby that day. Should be me i guess
happy.gif
Will look out for your gal. What's her name? Maybe I can ask my boy. hehe..

If there's any gathering for SAHM, must call me hor..
happy.gif

Hi Cheryl, think the easiest way to recognise us will be my girl's height :p there is no lesson this friday, how about next week?

So Mash, Cheryl and myself keen to have a gathering?
happy.gif
how about next week eerm.. say Tuesday at BPP? School hols, so can meet day time.

Shell, seems no one here knows about swimming lessons.. If you happen to know of any good instructor, let me know as I'm keen for my girl to take up swimming classes too. Thanks.

Hi zestless mummy,

Thanks for the link. However, there seems to be no activities for 4 yrs old at the bukit panjang cc
sad.gif

I am actually looking at ballet classes or art classes for my gal....

BTW does any mummies noe who is the teacher now for the 'TalentPlus' playgroup at the cc now? My elder gal last yr teacher is Miss Soh but heard that she has since resigned and the playgroup now has a Indian teacher. Am intending to enrol my younger gal nxt yr in a playgroup...

cheryl, zestmummy,

paisey, late reply...coz my son was sick ...heng it's sch holiday this week....

jes,
i duno what is the name of the teacher now..but confirmed is indian teacher...

Hi mash,

so is the indian teacher good? There is also another playgroup besides the talent plus right? do you noe if that playgroup is good?

jes,
not sure if the indian teacher is good. but i heard a parent commenting that previously, the chinese teacher is better...not sure which chinese teacher or which way is she better coz this parent oso hearsay from others.

my son attended Tots House only for 5days. all i can say is my son can't adapt well at Tots House.

u can sit in and observe for both PG. so u just drop by anytime during their classes. But hor, I would feel that the Indian Teacher at Talent plus dun really like u to be in the class for long.

oh, not sure if u know, Tots house is Bilingual but not Talentplus.

Hi mash, zestmummy,

paiseh. i went back msia last week. really look forward to meet up but my hubby super busy now so can't really tell when is the good time. sigh..

Anyone child in Zhenghua PCF 528?
I dunno is it just my son, or same for every kid.
My boy has been getting sick almost every week since he started the lesson at PCF..He didnt fall sick that often last year when he is in Tots House. So dunno is it the hygenice of the class?Was wondering shld I shift him to other school.

Hi Fatmamalove, hope your son is better now. Maybe he has a few classmates who are sick and that just pass on and on. Maybe you can check with the school on the hygiene portion. But how's the PCF so far in blk 528? are you satisfied with the school?

Cheryl, any further good comments about the PCF in 620 after these few months?

Anyone knows anything about the PCF in Blk 420? Is that good, so so, or bad?

haahaha.. been 3 months and i'm still sitting on the fence with regards to whether I should transfer my girl out of the current PCF in 545. :p

My girl's form teacher still absent herself quite often especially on Fridays.. and I heard from other parents the kids will just be playing with toys whenever the teacher is absent. She mentioned she will be giving out the file to show us what the kids learnt in term 1, but the last day of term 1, which was a friday, she was absent, so didn't hand out the file. Last friday said will hand out the file, but again absent. I don't quite dare to approach the office to ask as I'm afraid the teacher will take into offense and ignore my girl from then on.
sad.gif

Hi anyone sent ur kids to yamaha for ballet? I am looking for a good one near our area.

I went to the one at Bukit Timah Plaza, my goodness, the teacher was so scolding the girls that it simply puts me off.

Let me know if you have any good lobang

Hi zestless_mummy,
Actually I heard so many good comments abt this school last year...but seems like this year the standard drop...
The other day I called up the office to talk to the teacher regarding my son being sick every week, she just pushed it off saying becos child gets sick easily . but in my mind my son is quite strong n seldom get sick lei...n when I asked abt the hygenice of the class or wheather they practise HMFD check esp now high season..she said no...unless there is children kanna the virus..sigh..
Maybe cant ask too much from PCF...still thinking wheather to chg his sch next year...as my son dislikes going to this sch...
How come the teacher always absent?did you ask?
For me I keep calling the office..hahaha...

Hi May,

I have ever visited the centre before with my sis and she feel that the place give her a very uncomfortable feeling. Personally, I feel that the person ic not very professional coz I put my gal on their waiting list after that I decided not to enrol her there. When the person ic called me, i did not ans so i called back. When i told her that i decided not to enrol my child, so she straight away change her tone and said i should have told her earlier. This leaves me a very bad impression of that place.

Hi Christine, My girl is in PCF blk 545. She's in N2 and her school fees is $80 a month, 3 hrs programme.

Hi fatmamalove, maybe it's not the school's standard that has dropped, it could be just the teacher. Actually I don't find my girl's teacher a bad teacher. In fact I find her quite ok, only that she's always away from school. haha.. no, I won't call office to ask, afraid to offend the teacher. haha.. u are the daring sort, u can call the principal of the school directly to ask.

I have been looking ard for some pte kindergartens outside Bt Panjang these few days, but omg, they are so ex. There's this one behind Railway mall going at $1800-$2200 per term, another one at $900 per month. Thinking of St Joseph but heard comments not that good now too. Slowly find bah..

me too, don't like Nanyang kindercare.i passed by the centre at ard 5plus..and was shocked to see the kids gather together to watch cartoon.tat scene totally leave a bad impression.
another case,my fren's son withdraw frm the Nclass aft 3 days as he has nightmares.the incharge still got the cheek to say the nanny looking aft him doesn't cooperate with them.

Thanks for all your feedback. I'm also searching for a place for both my boy & girl (4yrs & 2 yrs). I personally wld prefer a centre that's non-aircon but it's so hard to find
sad.gif

Hi zestlessmummy and May

Can try Gracefield Kindergarten, next to Singpost but frankly I am not sure if it's good, nvr been to the school.

Hi Christine

there is a 4hr programme for N2 at 528 PCF charging at $110. So far my gal enjoy gg to sch and they have lots of extra curriculum held in this sch, u can check it out.

Hi Jes

What kind of art class u wan ur kid to enroll?? there is one at ten mile junction maybe u can let ur kid go for a trial lesson and i think senja-cashew cc hv ballet classes for kids maybe u like to made a call n check. BTW, ever tot of enrolling ur kid for abacus lesson. u can check out this website...http://www.cma-sg.com/cma-video.html

Hi Emsam,

Those drawing lessons for kids. Senja-cashew cc is the one near the Senja LRT is it? Hmm maybe I will go check it out....

Hv not tot of abacus yet...she is oni 4yr old so dun wan to stress her out yet...currently she is going to i can read at cck. But I heard of some kids will become 'lazy' after learning abacus..As in they will not write out the full steps of how they get to the answer for school exams and get marks deducted... Because they are too well versed in mental, they will just write out the answer which is not acceptable in exams...

Hi Jes

Oh i tot abacus suppose to stimulate their both right n left brain so they will be able to learn faster and had more focus while learning....?

Hi zestless mum & serene,

Personally I find the curriculum in pcf 620 pretty sound. it does give gd foudation.

So far, my boy teachers are fine. But I still hear of negative comments about other teachers. I suppose not all the teachers here are vry gd. Not sure is this normal.

Think all schools are the same.. all depends on whether you get the right teacher.. Am going to check out Gracefields Kindergarten in Teck Whye, just behind Post Office. If that place is good, may consider that place for my girl.

Mini Bazaar
Sunday, 26 April 2009
From 9am to 1pm
Zhenghua Community Club
(Bukit Panjang)

MumNBabes ~ educational products, books, IQ games
Pretty Little Ones ~ organic children apparels
Chic-Coulture ~ chicest Korean/Japanese apparels
at seductive prices

Do not Miss It!!!

Dear all,

Would like to get some help. Does anyone of their kids is with Amazing star childcare @ Greenridge shopping centre. How's their teacher, enviroment, programme...etc.

Thanks
happy.gif

Hi Everyone,
Glad to find this thread n hope to knw more mothers.
I m SAHM , staying at Senja 629 with 2 kids - 3yr old gal n 2 yr old boy.
Any gathering , pls let me knw

Btw I m teaching piano, anyone interested pls let me knw.
Thks

Hi Cutebaby, there were some comments about Amazing Star in the archive. You can slowly browsed through. But dun think it has that good comments. Find the teachers there not as warm also. You can check it out.

Hi Cheerful, welcome to the thread
happy.gif
but recently this thread quite quiet. hehe.. maybe you can add some life here :p

Cheryl, is your boy still with Xiao Xin Xin?

Hi Zestless,
Thks for responding!!!
where do u stay ? You seems to b the da jie da here, coz everyone seems to ask u a lot of things n u seems to knw a lot. Hehe...

ok, mayb we can get together to get some life ....or everyone is afraid of the swine flu....dont dare to cm out .......

hi cheerful

how long had u been teaching piano? so is this a home base class? what is the charges and teaching method for a four yr old kid?

Hi emsam,
I was teaching piano as part time teacher since yr 2000 and during that time, I was also working as accounts ( full time )too . I stopped for a while when I was pregnant due to serious vomitting in the beginning. Thereafter , I continued teaching when I m ok. However, after I had the 2nd child, I stopped teaching. Now as a SAHM , I hope to teach full time to earn some income.

Yes it's a home based class.
For beginner, SGD 110 per month and half an hour each lesson.

Hi Cheerful

oic, but normally how do u teach a 4yr old kid? cos i understand from some sch they dont let them touch on piano straight, more on notes and music learning.

Hi everyone

anyone having kids at the age of 4 to 5? cos i am having this headache on pri sch hunting...i understand from some mothers tat we need to do PV for at least 2 yrs in certain sch....anyone hv any comment on CHIJ?

Hi Smurfy, didn't visit Gracefields. Only made phone enquiry, then my parents think that it's kinda far in case they need to fetch my girl. So gave that place a miss. Anyway, it's $250 per month regardless of level. Enrolment is low, so you can assure the child gets a good attention from the teachers.

Hi Cheerful, am staying at blk 179, beside BPP... i don't mind meeting up. If there's any gathering do let me know
happy.gif

hi zestless,
thanks for your comments.

Anyone here can advise how the Nursery (4yo)schedule is like at PCF at 528?

Hi Zestless Mummy,

Thanks for your info. I have went thru. They are good & bad comments. Wondering till now do they have any improvement or got worse.

Back