Anyone Staying at Bukit Panjang or nearby?

i heard there's a ichiban childcare at block 600+...anyone heard and how's the review?
does ichiban got playgroup?

i enrol my son with tots house..on the 1st 3 days (last wed to frid), i stayed with him in the class. on the 4th and 5th day (this mon and tues), i left him alone in class...he was crying thru'out the 2hours PG...i so sad and heartpain. not sure if the teachers attempt to stop him crying coz the kids still not very settle so two teachers need to handle around 14-16kids with a few still crying too. from the window where i peep in, i saw him following the teacher but the teacher didn't seem to give much attention so end up he cried while trying to follow the teacher...

after his PG on tues (5th day), i notice he seems to be having cough. not sure if it's due to all the crying (two days of crying almost 2hours). he having sore throat, flu and cough coz some of the kids were sick and the parents still let them attend the PG.
i am keeping him at home today which is 6th day of PG.

anyone can share their experience of the initial days when signing up for playgroup?

Hey gals,

Any good pd who can cure cough to recommend?
My gal finsihed the bottle of medication from her pd but she has yet to recover. Very worried.

my girl has been in the former LittlePals (now called Ichiban Montessori) in block 505 from Jan 08 to Dec 08. The playgroup for Ichiban is there. My girl enjoyed herself so much at LittlePals (Ichiban) that we kind of regretted taking her out of there and putting her in St Joseph this year. I'm not sure what she's learning in St Joseph's cuz everyday I ask my girl, her reply would be Morning sing song, go playground, go toilet, eat snack, go toilet, go home, no writing, no painting, no drawing, nothing?? At least when she was in Ichiban, the teachers there teach phoenics, mathematics n stuff. I'm really not sure what my girl is doing in St Joseph's now.

mamapanda,

is LittlePals non-aircon? can u share how much is the playgroup over there? near any mrt? is it near the place where they building the swimming pool har? paisey, i am staying at block 165 but then, i not so familar with other blocks at bt panjang.

thinking of switching to a non aircon environment. coz in aircon, it's so easy for the kids to catch virus.

by the way, how long did ya girl get used to attend the class alone har?

Hi Firefly, u may want to try chinese medication. Heard Gao3 zo2 sua4 (in hokkien) is quite good for cough. it's found in many medical hall.

Mash, it's indeed heartache to see our kids crying when they first enter school. some kids are very adaptive, takes only a few days to stop crying, some aren't, like my girl, went half year still cry when she first started her childcare last time. My gal also had flu and cough for a few months back then. Guess it's just norm. Esp in childcare when the kids spent more time together. Playgroup should be better.

mash
I used to pay $470/term (or thereabouts, cant remember exact figure) for Ichiban (or the ex LittlePals). It is semi air-con classroom with an OSIM plasma air filter inside. My girl never really had much virus problem when she was there the whole year tbh.

My girl is rather outgoing so she never really had problems getting used to the class right from day 1.

As for MRT, I think the nearest LRT station is Jelapang? Not too sure abt that cuz I drive and I live near Ichiban. I don't know where is the new swimming pool either, so I cant really help u with that. Maybe the other mummies in here can help answer your question.

firefly,

usually i bring my son to tcm at jurong. comes with massage, herbal paste on the chest and back (oni nid to put for 1hour)..

zestless mummy,

ya loh...i think my son taking longer time to adapt. some said coz i still breasting so that's y he still so clingy to me.
now my mum keep telling me that so young put him to playgroup...scared him and he became so clingy to me..
sad.gif

hi mash,

my son started playgroup at blk 607, talentplus started january. i stay senja grand, i think there's also a tots house playgroup at senja grand, blk 630. ichiban at blk 631 i've enquired before is a childcare, playgroup i think is conducted at where mamapanda mentioned.

i also bf my son till he's 2 yrs old. clingy to mummy is quite normal, and since your kid is attending PG first time, its also normal that he'll cry when mummy not ard. my son takes abt 2 weeks to settle down at the PG.

he starts to cry n cling to me when i took him to class, cry until very pitiful and loud...the teacher will carry him while i slipped off. he also cries when he think of me not ard, so on and off he'll cry during lesson. when i fetch him, he also cry the moment he saw me. this lasts for 2+ weeks.

later i realised that he'll cry even more the longer he sees me. so i try to not be ard too long when i left him. But of coz i kept telling him that the classroom not enough space for parents, so i can't stay there with him, but i'll be sitting outside waiting for him etc....

think overall, assurance and security is what the kid needs. on top of that, teacher's caring is also important.

the kid will grow out of crying and settle down, but its a matter of time. some kids took half a year or even a year to fully stop crying, i heard.

u mentioned that the tots house ur kid went has 14-16 kids? i was told that the ratio is 1 teacher to 6 tots for PG. prob the class is too big n teacher can't handle so many crying kids. maybe u want to talk to teacher abt the ratio/class size. or ask your kid if he likes the PG, else change to another smaller size PG n see how he reacts.

now 2nd mth of my kid's PG, he can tell me his friend's names and also sing songs that he learnt in class. i'm quite glad.

hope your son settle down soonest.

Today heard from my maid, that my boy class there is one boy kanna biten on the cheek n the parent even called the police over to investigate...
kinda worried on the how the teachers there take care of the kids...Cos heard that the teacher is not teaching in the class...

fatmamalove,

which childcare or playgroup? sound very serious!

i heard from one of my frens that her boy oso got bitten and the teachers were not aware of it...

Hi mummies,

Good morning. I'm new here.
I'm staying at blk 600x, thus the nearest pcf to me is blk 620. I was intending to visit them on wed but the person in charge not ard, thus hasn't view the place yet. 1 of the nites when i took a stroll there, i saw really big stretch of classes, covered 3 blocks, 620, 619, 618.... Can anyone share with me if this pcf centre is good? Also, i've visited St Jo and BPMCK, St Jo's environment is big and bright, clean. BPMCK looks really old but heard academic they are very good. Any comments? I intend to register my son for N2 next year.

hi mash,
Its PCF 528 Champ bear...
is it?your friend boy also kanna bitten also?
I heard that year 2008 teacher is good but not for this year...aiyo y so suay one...change to bad teacher..will keep on monitoring...
N I also tell my boy to tell me what teacher do in the class..but he kinda bor chap...

Hi hoho,
yup its champ bear morning session...
Yest been trying to call pcf but no one answered the call...its kinda serious to have such irresposible teacher in the class...
Hope that they will change a better teacher...

mamapanda,

i visited ichiban this morning. is the teacher susan the same when ya girl was still attending littlepal?

i must say, the class is alot smaller compared to Tots House. the area where the kids sat for songs are smaller and when they jumped or move around, they need to more careful if not, will knock into each other.

by the way, the teacher told me that Tots House is actually under PAP...anyone knows?

Mash, my gal also attended ichiban last year. The PG classes were handled by Teacher Connie and a chinese teacher. I don't think the management there is good after Ichiban took over, but I still let my gal continued till end of last year as I didn't quite want her to keep changing school and she liked her teachers too. If you intend to go to register your kid there, instead of taking the LRT, you can just walk from your blk to the water catchment area, cut across the park and very soon you'll reach the school. It'll probably take you about 10 mins of slow walk to the school. Taking LRT to Jelapang then walk to school might take u longer time.

I enquired abt tot house last year too but not sure if they are related with PCF or just working as partners. Tot House only accept kids up to 30 mths. From 30 months, parents can choose to put their child to N1 in PCF.

wow.. the biting incident seemed to be quite serious. What's the development now? How did the school explain to the parents?

Hi Serene,

My boy is attending the pcf 620 now.
I have checked out with a ex-PCF teacher friend and she says it gives reasonable work to the students and aim to prepare them well for P1.

So far, I suppose the curri is fine but not 100% sure all the teachers are good.

Ohh.. hehe.. he's willing to take a nap? haha.. ok.. hope he won't feel sleepy tonite at 7pm :p If you happen to catch a mummy carrying a baby and bringing the shortest gal there, it's likely to be me :p

mash
I have no idea which teacher u're talking about. My girl was in the playschool and her teacher's name is Miss Dina. As for management, although they were changed and some parts of the curriculum were changed, I feel Ichiban's management is somewhat better than the previous LittlePals. LittlePal's focus was more free-style while Ichiban is more structured (but within learning limits for 2 year olds).

MamaPanda, thought Miss Dina is the supervisor? She only helps out when needed in class. I would prefer little pals. I felt that my gal learnt a lot more when she's with them. She's able to tell me everything in her worksheets. After Ichiban took over, when I ask her about some of the things in her worksheets, she sometimes can't tell me what's that about. Oh well, maybe she wasn't concentrating.. But overall still ok with Ichiban.. teachers are friendly enough
happy.gif

i spoken to Miss Dina..but teacher Susan mentioned that she is the teacher for the playgroup..Miss Dina is the Principal wor...

btw, what's ya daughter's name?

hi mummies,
sorry, nid to ask if anyone has enrol their kids at Cherie hearts @ gombak? the one inside mindef?
plan to enrol my kids in playgroup in may.
i'm staying in senja and looking for one ard.

hi mash,
yes, really inconvenient for me..i dun drive some mre..but i like the place there and i couldn't find one that i like.
any other recommendation?

okeanosmao,

i haven't visited the place..is it convienient by bus 177?

can't advise u much on PG...coz i am oso looking for another PG for my son...he's currently with Tots HOuse at CC...but might want to switch to Ichiban ..still deciding

Hi Mash, Susan could be a new teacher then. Coz when my gal was there, there's no teacher by the name of Susan teaching there. You may want to talk to Miss Dina, check out Susan's experience and qualification, and also the chinese teacher who's taking the PG class as well. Then you will roughly know whether to register your child there.
happy.gif

zestless mummy,

i asked susan and she said she got 10yrs experience in this line. and she did mentioned that govt is very strict about the qualification of the presch teachers. so all of them has to meet the requirement. she mentioned that the company do send them for courses and she attended psychology course for young children before.

there's one eg when we were talking at the entrance and she unknowingly stepped out of the centre w/o her shoes. my son was looking at her feet and she immediately asked him if it's becoz she no wear shoes so he look at her...so she went back in and my son stopped looking.

then she explained to me his action but i duno how true lah

hihi,

my elder boy is attending the MMI phonics? Any comment on the center?

Also intend to send my boy for swimming lesson. any recommendation?

Hi liew K F,
Thanks for your comments, i'm checking out the centre tomorrow.

Any mummies who had sent yr kids to St Joseph Kindergarten. Can share your opinions and feedback?

Hi Mash, so decided whether to change playgroup for your child? how old is he by the way?

Cheryl, did your boy attended xiao xin xin last friday? My girl was still rather unwell, so decided not to get her attend that day's class in case she pass her illness to the rest of the children.

zestless mummy,
yes, i changed him to ichiban and i quite happy leh
haha
coz yday, he stopped crying after 45mins i left him....and when i waited at 10.20am, he was not crying and sitting beside the chinese teacher while she read to him. they didn't force him to join the class coz he still not familiar with the environment. but he cried when putting on the shoes and taking his bag .. think he suddenly miss me..haha...cried very chaim when he saw me fetching him...

today 2nd day only, he stopped crying after 30mins (15mins less from yday)...but still at recept area playing with teacher...managed to do two pages of worksheets (one from yday coz he didn't manage to do) ..just coloring ...
and he did joined his class for 15mins for music and actions.
best of all, he didn't cry when he sees me.

That's very good.. hehe.. very soon he'll mix with the kids.. so did you walk him to school or take him there by train? but just wondering, why did withdraw him from tots house and which branch is that?

wow.. read your blog. Your child adapts to the place very well. hehe. happy for you.. finally no worries.. And now you've also started walking from Ichiban to home. It should be faster than the bus. Did you cut thru' the park beside blk 40x?

Hi zestless mummy,
I went last fri. My boy was crazy and super excited after the class. Wanted to sign him up from today onwards, who knows he refused to nap and dozed off at 7+.. sigh..

Hope to see you there next week.

hi mash,
cherie hearts@ gombak is abit inconvenient.177 only stop o/s mindef pass office. doesn't go right inside mindef.
can i knw where is ichiban montessori?

Hi Cheryl, yup, my girl is also excited over the class.
happy.gif
Kids are very easily satisfied.. once the teacher is fun, makes the kids laugh, they will like it..

Okeanosmao, ichiban playgroup is in blk 505 Jelapang. If you are talking about the childcare itself, it's at Senja blk 6xx.. hehe.. dunno what's the blk number.

Hi Cheryl,

hehe.. yes, my gal went to the siao xing xing class on Friday. Ermmm.. but this week didn't bring my baby along as she was sleeping. But I was wondering, were you the one that went with your husband? I was late on Friday and was the last to enter the class. In front of me was this lady and man bringing their boy into the class. The boy seems new to the class. Was that you? Sometimes I don't bring my baby, so you just have to keep a lookout for the shortest gal there :p

From what i know, the appletree playgroup in ZHCC is not really their own premise. Appletree just make use of that place for playgroup in the morning, so maybe have limited teaching equipments there?? could it be? Blk 411 doesn't have Appletree.

zestless,

where u staying? i staying at Blk 165...mayb we can meet up at BPP? paisey, i didn't read thru the archive...

i am mommy of one...u leh?

Hi mommies,
I have 2 sets of Amazing Star boy uniform for sale. Size M, lightly used. Selling $12 and $10 (with a small stain on the back). Usual price $25. Pls pm me if interested.

Hi Mash, staying at blk 179, just beside BPP.. Yup, can ah.. can meet at BPP
happy.gif
wonder whether there are other mummies here keen also. I have 2 kids.. one 3+ and the other is coming 6 mths... let's organised a meet up at BPP soon. the kids will love the playground there too I bet. ;P

Back